EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » What's your opinion "Once a cheater always a Cheater" (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What's your opinion "Once a cheater always a Cheater"
Alana
Member # 6453

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Alana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With so many remarks, and posts on men having extramarital affairs, and women. But men seem to be taking the heat here. What's your opinion on someone that cheats? Do you think they will always cheat? If you were cheated on , do you think you could trust again? Seriously, if you cheated on someone why? So many people can get hurt, I feel if you want someone else,either leave the relationship, or don't get married to begin with. Be up front beforehand ,some people can accept this kind of arrangement. But then is it really cheating?
For those that have been cheated on,do you feel you are always looking over your shoulder, and second-guessing your partner?
That you find it hard to trust again.

Posts: 273 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
didi_elsayed
Member # 4763

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for didi_elsayed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Asking a question like this there must be smth,make u ask it,why dont u give your opinion for it first?
Yes,once a cheater,always a cheater...or in other words,the wolf change his skin,but not the nature,no!(excuse my english )
I dont know such woman ,who`ve been cheated and this not to put shadow on her trust of the man after that relation,it wont be natural,normal!How can you be cheated by this ugly way,betrayed,and this will not change your personality?
do u think this is possible?I dont!
Especially in the old,famous case,man/best friend.this really can ruin your inner world,its so dirty act,that really,really i cant even imagine,how much this could ruin your personal trust in the people,not to mention in the man exactly!It`s disgusting act,no matter with who u`ll cheat,the act itself!
Sometimes,their excuse is that the "passion" of the marriage passed,or of the relation,if they are not married!
The passion,the strong love from the begining,all this change into one simple respect,theres nothing you can say ,nothing interesting to do,only the same grey weekends,even in the bed is not the same,and noone of them dont try to change it,coz they both wait the other to make the first step,and maybe this waiting make them cold ,more and more cold to each other,without they feel it!Seeing this in so many relations around,all the problems,cheatings,and hurt which they cause to each other,i was thinking many times what can we make to avoid this...?
And always tha answer is that we have to forgetthe pride and to make anything possible to save the relation,before we make the easiest thing-the cheat!The cheat is easy,but to save the relation and to make anything for this is not!
Btw noone cant say what he will do if he know,or how he will proceed,as this is smth too intimate and different for everyone,and we dont know when this happen,what we will make!The most say,if i understand ill kisk his ... from home,but they make the opposite and forgive,untill the next cheat......and the next,till the end doesnt appear!

Posts: 1134 | From: NoNe oF uR BuSiNeS | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alana
Member # 6453

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Diana,
The reason I wanted to hear other opinions ,because women on this forum are always talking about affairs and such,that they encounter.
My husband is egyptian ,and my opinion is I would not be able to forgive or forget. I would personally always have it in the back of my mind. The relationship would be over for us, and trust broken.
They have so many support groups for people as you know aa(alcohol anonymous),Unfaithful spouse groups, etc. But my feelings on this , as you know one can always "fall off the wagon", go back to drinking, continue womanizing, etc. So it is the woman or man's choice. A book recently was published on cheating and I listened to the author, she was cheated on by her husband. Believe it or not she recommended not leaving them, going for counseling, working it out, seeing where they both went wrong. He had cheated more than once! I said to myself "she needed her head examined"
By the way Diana your Engish is just fine!
So my opinion is the probability is very likely that the person will cheat again.

Posts: 273 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like any addictively destructive behavior the cheater must make a deliberate choice to stop fooling around.

Yes a cheater can change, but that person must make the choice to stop and be faithful. Changing venues, or removing yourself from the environment doesn't remove the motivations, only induces the absence accountability in the mind of the cheater.

You may justify the act using biology or 'everyone else is doing it' as a excuse. But its still a choice.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alana..... Whether a man will cheat or not isn't the point to me.... My ex-husband cheated after 24 years marriage..2 years sleeping with my best friend....
I threw him out and divorced him because I felt I could never trust him again!
I didn't want to spend my life wondering where he was if he was 10 minutes late.... couldn't deal with this!!!
I am much happier alone!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
battery
Member # 5947

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for battery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just heard a document about this subject and based on the researchers results he thought that cheating is in genes. So "once a cheater, always a cheater" would be right...

To my opinion, U have serious problems in ur relationship if one of u cheat. If both parties r satisfied and there is love and u can easily talk about everything what´s going on in ur relationship, I don´t think that there will come this need to cheat the other person.

Posts: 38 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Battery I dont agree . My marriage was good until this other woman started throwing herself at my ex.!!
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
battery
Member # 5947

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for battery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Samia:
Battery I dont agree . My marriage was good until this other woman started throwing herself at my ex.!!

I´m sorry to hear that Samia, but that´s only my opinion. Or should I say that, that´s the way it should be..I think. But aren´t u just saying that ur ex had this "weakness" if he went with that other woman?
(i´m sorry my english, hope u get my point)

Posts: 38 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
salama
Member # 5941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for salama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Samia:
My ex-husband cheated after 24 years marriage..2 years sleeping with my best friend....
I threw him out and divorced him because I felt I could never trust him again!
I didn't want to spend my life wondering where he was if he was 10 minutes late.... couldn't deal with this!!!
I am much happier alone!

Good for you girl, if my husband done it- I will kill the bloody him before I throw him out.!

Posts: 1873 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sonomod:
Like any addictively destructive behavior the cheater must make a deliberate choice to stop fooling around.

Yes a cheater can change, but that person must make the choice to stop and be faithful. Changing venues, or removing yourself from the environment doesn't remove the motivations, only induces the absence accountability in the mind of the cheater.

You may justify the act using biology or 'everyone else is doing it' as a excuse. But its still a choice.

I agree with Sono (Santa Maria del Fiore!!!! ): changing the cheater's ways of conduct depend 100% on them. There is also sexual compulsion called nymphomania, and that absolutely requires psychiatric intervention, therapy, and often medication. I guess in this case it would be bit easier for the 'cheatee' to understand the 'cheating motives', however chances for a change are slim and the process of recovery may take years and include periodic 'slipping'...

The truth, as always, is in the middle. Humans err in all aspects of life and whatever the cause for cheating, it was, is and will be present on our market. The problem, as I see it, lays in the capacity of the 'forgiveness resources' of the cheater's spouse: it is completely subjective and differs in almost all cases.

Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
salama.... No I didn't kill him.... just took him for all of his money!!
But I DID break HER nose.... one of life's more satisfying moments!!!

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Karah_Mia:
The problem, as I see it, lays in the capacity of the 'forgiveness resources' of the cheater's spouse: it is completely subjective and differs in almost all cases.

I also look at it as if this 'addicted' person or 'cheater' has faced other adversity that was self-inflicted in the past and overcame it then the probability is greater to manage the addiction.

Usually the source or motivation of the cheating is the same as other types of 'addictions' and must be dealt with. Somehow this very topic has been address in a psychology class and an ethics class. But there are different schools of thought on the matter. I'd rather be accountable for my actions than resort to the fact that I don't have the ability to change.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Samia:
salama.... No I didn't kill him.... just took him for all of his money!!
But I DID break HER nose.... one of life's more satisfying moments!!!

Samia, did you really dislocate her breathing outlet???

Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Karah....just a little!!!!!
didi_elsayed
Member # 4763

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for didi_elsayed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes Alana i understand the topic and i like it,as u see i answered to it,and many ladies from this site,married and not to egyptians,no matter all,noone isnt,saved fom such bad experiences,not me not any other lady here!Sorry if my english is broken again,but this is not my language!:0
Posts: 1134 | From: NoNe oF uR BuSiNeS | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
didi_elsayed
Member # 4763

Member Rated:
ooopaaaaa...i send it before i complete my sentence,hahaha,typical for me
so my idea was that i will be happy to talk with you personally,i want to exchange opinion,and u seem very nice lady too!mine is diana_ivanova666@hotmail.com(i`ll ask this time only the person whom i ask to use it,or ladies who want to talk serious not bullshits)
Believe or not on this site except of nice and sweet helping people e have very disgusting and stupid members who love to joke with the mails
however,have a nice day

Alana
Member # 6453

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Samia,
I am very sorry what happened to you after such a long marriage!
Well I guess one never gets over that pain or really forgets, but you seem very nice, and he doesn't deserve you.
I wish you the "Best of Luck"

Alana
Member # 6453

Rate Member
Diana,
Thankyou for your respone, and to everyone else also!
You seem like a very intelligent and nice lady to have a conversation with. Thanks for your e-mail! (believe me your english is just fine)

salama
Member # 5941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for salama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Samia:
[B]salama.... No I didn't kill him.... just took him for all of his money!!
But I DID break HER nose....

How about her neck?

Posts: 1873 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Alana.. thanks but don't be sorry.... if it wasn't for this, I wouldn't be living in Egypt, wouldn't be a diving instructor,wouldn't have my own house without a mortgage!!
But I would be living in rainy London, nursing for the Health Service,looking forward to retirement and having the mortgage paid off, with the miserable bastard from Hell, and his snoring and stinky socks!!!
SO..... NOT ALL BAD!!!

didi_elsayed
Member # 4763

Member Rated:
yawchh,i just tried to remind the ugly slap in my face from my best friend before 3 years,when my swet best friend slept to my boyfriend,isnt it sweet hahaha this an everlasting story without end,lol!
I still remember how much hurt i felt,and how much painful that was to me,mostly from her act,however when she told me she tookonly 2 slaps and a question why she couldnt keep her legs closed?!What an angel i was!
Some sweet words to them with end that they totally deserve each other,and i wish them luck in the life!
But to be honest this really ruined my romantic fantasies for female friendship and real "love"!
As i am very very sensitive person,i still feel pain if i hear smth about her,i know she dont deserve,but i still didnt understand why she betray the only friend who was next to her when everyone else joked with her and hated her coz she wasnt from their "class"
She didnt even knew a one word english then and wanted to leave the country,as she knew heres no future for her here,if not go back to the village and get pregnant from some jerk!Maybe this was a way for her to leave the country,he was foreigner
but very deep in my heart i still keep the good moments,i just cant delete them!God keep her,no matter all!

bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member

but very deep in my heart i still keep the good moments,i just cant delete them!God keep her,no matter all![/B][/QUOTE]
Diana, you're a better person than me... I still hate the bitch who did it to me.... if I saw her on fire I wouldn't piss on her!!!!

1mangang
Member # 6403

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1mangang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
from a mans point of view, yes once a cheater always a cheater.
Posts: 751 | From: US OF A | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
didi_elsayed
Member # 4763

Member Rated:
its not good,its called fool,hahah
only a fool can still keep excuses inside for a deed which breaking her heart!

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 1mangang:
from a mans point of view, yes once a cheater always a cheater.

In regards to gender are both genders inable to control their impulses and cheat once cheated before. Or is it one gender more than the other?

Valerie
Member # 6806

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Valerie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sonomod:
In regards to gender are both genders inable to control their impulses and cheat once cheated before. Or is it one gender more than the other?

Have you never heard the expression 'It takes two to Tango' If a man or woman cheats, both parties involved are usually willing. The person who has been cheated should look at the relationship they had and see what caused the 'cheating'. There is usually a reflection on the marrage as to why peaple cheat. Although it hurts revenge is not always the best policy.

Posts: 290 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alana
Member # 6453

Rate Member
Valerie,
You've heard of the expression "have your cake and eat it too"!
Unfortunately some men like to have their wife, and keep her on the shelf, while they venture out collecting telephone numbers, or actually being unfaithful. Sometimes it's just in the blood or even a "cultural accepted" thing.
To actually blame the women is not fair in every case. Of course women cheat on men also, but statistics are higher for the men.

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Valerie:

Have you never heard the expression 'It takes two to Tango' If a man or woman cheats, both parties involved are usually willing. The person who has been cheated should look at the relationship they had and see what caused the 'cheating'. There is usually a reflection on the marrage as to why peaple cheat. Although it hurts revenge is not always the best policy.

Yeah it sounds as if you are justify the act with "There is usually a reflection on the marrage as to why peaple cheat."

Personally I have never been unfaithful or been technically been cheated on so I can still find a feeling for person whose been cheated on.

And yes it takes two to tango, but one of the party may not know of their "partner in crime" commitment to another so its not a complete dance.

And I am not one to d*mn one gender over the other, I am very neutral in that sense. Both genders as they age reach out beyond marriaage limits in order to refind their youth within infidelity. Yet there are some people who have a habit of falling into love or into bed with married people.

[This message has been edited by sonomod (edited 08 March 2005).]

Valerie
Member # 6806

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Valerie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the comments to my thoughts.

I think deep down that once a cheat always a cheat BUT....What do you think should happen when the following happens?

Woman,throws herself at a married man.....should he be strong enough to reject the advances OR does the ego and flattery 'kick in' Hence cheating

In reverse, should the woman keep feelings of another male to herself, and get on with her life. Flattery is very pleasent if the marrage is a bit stale, but it should not be an indication to 'cheat'

When 'cheating' does happen does LOVE true love result or is it just the thrill of the moment.

Perhaps the French could give some ideas. It is quite acceptable for males in that country to have a wife and a mistress. Could that be a solution to the cheat????

Posts: 290 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
farooqsaid1
Member # 7004

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for farooqsaid1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Alana:
Valerie,
Unfortunately some men like to have their wife, and keep her on the shelf, while they venture out collecting telephone numbers, or actually being unfaithful. Sometimes it's just in the blood or even a "cultural accepted" thing.
To actually blame the women is not fair in every case. Of course women cheat on men also, but statistics are higher for the men.

Alana:
Three barriers between a man and cheeting:

* His fear from God
* His love to his wife and childern
* His respect to his wife and childer

"Minumum of two is required at a given time"

Posts: 70 | From: Vergina, SK, CANADA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by farooqsaid1:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Alana:
[b]Valerie,

Alana:
Three barriers between a man and cheeting:

* His fear from God
* His love to his wife and childern
* His respect to his wife and childer

"Minumum of two is required at a given time"

[/B][/QUOTE]

Okay what if he doesn't respect nor love himself?

Then 2 bariers are removed.

Does it still make it right?

And is the wife, and children responsible for a man's cheating?

Apply this to a cheating wife as well.

Alana
Member # 6453

Rate Member
Farooqsaid,

My opinion that doesn't make sense. Why find an excuse "the wife or children"?
If he or she really has deep faith in "God", a person would know it is morally wrong and against God to cheat. I don't agree with this"minimum" of two. The man or woman has to take responsibility for their own actions.
I have to agree with Sonomod on this one.

farooqsaid1
Member # 7004

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for farooqsaid1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Farooqsaid,

My opinion that doesn't make sense. Why find an excuse "the wife or children"?
If he or she really has deep faith in "God", a person would know it is morally wrong and against God to cheat. I don't agree with this"minimum" of two. The man or woman has to take responsibility for their own actions.
I have to agree with Sonomod on this one.

Alana, If you look at the combination that I have presented, you will find an average man has a resonable relationship with God no matter his faith, so you need 9as I claimed) another reason, love may come and go mau be up sometime or down, so we have to execlude love as a permanent parameter, so we left out with RESPECT, Now I will ask you about your perception of RESPECT?

Posts: 70 | From: Vergina, SK, CANADA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alana
Member # 6453

Rate Member
farooqsaid,
As for respect, the "cheater" has no respect for himself or herself. Many stand to be hurt by this act.They are selfish , and not to be trusted. So you ask about respect, the one they are cheating with needs to be aware for the cheater will usually put the knife in their back also. A respectful person in my opinion, would end the marriage or relationship, before committing such an act, and involving someone else in this triangle.

' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Icon 9 posted      Profile for ' Sharon Stone '     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never cheated, but one man has cheated on me (my first love). He was 24, and I was 20. After we broke up, I was in denial that he actually cheated on me and defended him telling everyone it's not true. I did not believe it myself! When some friends presented me the evidence I still refused to believe because he meant to me so much that I did not want to lose him! I was so ashamed of his act, as if I was the one who cheated not him. It’s very difficult to admit that someone you loved - cheated on you, because you think people will judge you as if you are not worthy of “his” love.

I also felt very guilty for a long time thinking that it was actually my fault. I thought maybe I did not show him enough affection, maybe it was because of this or because of that, trying to justify it, but none of that was true! At least that’s what he told me.

The reason for failure of our relationship was mainly "miscommunication" and set of circumstances that led one thing after another until it was too late. Everything seemed like beyond our will. I had a very little control over the set of events and most of the things that actually happened I could not change or avoid at that time. Our relationship was full of passion, he became slightly jealous, insecure, it was overwhelming, and we were too young and inexperienced to handle this kind of relationship.

I was trying so desperately to keep him, blaming it all on everyone else, his girlfriend mostly, thinking she seduced him therefore it's her fault. I just could not comprehend how can a man who just loved me so deeply can turn back on me and be with someone else. It was not logical! But love feelings and emotions in different circumstances can result in so many different and unpredictable situations exactly because it's emotion. Emotions are purely feelings that don’t include any logic in it! When you fell in love with someone and you are definitely crazy about that person, it's biological process that is often beyond our will. Besides that it was my first love, I was innocent and naive. I did not think that he could ever cheat. I was convinced that he loves me and only me and there is no other woman who could replace me. I don’t need to explain myself it was him who cheated anyway.

When I saw the woman he cheated on me, I started to laugh because she was so unattractive that I could not believe he could be attracted to someone like her. It's funny, she would be the last person I would ever pick to be a woman to capture the heart of my man. We are conditioned to think that only good looking and attractive people are going to “steal” our partners, but the truth is you don't know what a person can see and how they will interpret you or anyone else. Everything is possible.

To make the story short, I moved on after so much pain and we met again after several years. He refused to talk to me at the time of brake up, so finally I had a chance to ask him why did he do it!

He was very happy to see me, I was reserved. I also changed in the meantime, remember I loved this man, I got burned so severely, it was my first love, now I had to face him again ready to slap him over his face and punish him for all hurt he caused me - but I knew that my indifference will be enough so I was indifferent. I mentally blocked myself from eventual pain promising myself that I will never ever allow any man to get to me so close to actually hurt me that much!

We were walking down the streets all over the city, just me and him, talking and listening, trying to understand why for God’s sake our relationship failed if we were in love. Why did he cheat on me?! We spent two months having the healing sessions about who we were before and who we are now, where we made mistakes, what went wrong, why it happened, what was the cause, what were the circumstances. I asked him tons of questions, everything I wanted to know, and I even asked him if he really loved me or it was all just the game. He answered on all questions, accepted full responsibility, and asked me if I somehow can forgive him. This was very helpful for both of us, especially for me!

He begged me to forgive him telling me that he doesn't deserve to live, that he made such a huge mistake that he can't forgive himself, that God kept him alive only to face me blaming it all on himself. That he prays for my happiness, and if there is anything he can do to help me heal all hurt he caused me and so much more I can't even remember. He was a different person! His life was not so good after we broke up. It was a complete disaster emotionally. Everything got worse, he became depressed, he got sick and ended up in a hospital. He realized what he did was wrong; he was feeling guilty and explained every single thought he hold of me during my absence. He also became religious. (When you lose someone you realize what you really had.)

He also took me everywhere I wanted to go, to all our places where we used to meet when we were together, and spent all his time with me just to listen and to talk. He was very loving, caring changed man - so I had absolutely no way but to forgive him. I did not make him less responsible though, he suffered his share as well.

We determined that his cheating was purely due to his perceptions that he had based on the circumstances. It was weakness of his character, he was not disciplined enough. During our relationship, he was experiencing difficult times and he got seriously sick. I heard, she visited him in the hospital and took care of him; his friends supported them a lot while many did not know me that well, and he got carried away.

At that time I also did not know how to accurately express myself, I did not pursue him neither I showed a lots of interest in him the way he did in me. Once he mentioned that he wants me to meet his parents, and I said it's to early to meet them. He also said he wants to get married and have children with me, I was in School and I wasn't ready to have a family. He was initiating lots of things on his part and I have never ever had any doubts that he doesn't love me. After all what had happened, he said that he was too young to think and make right decisions.

We remained friends; he even knows my family and has a friendship with my younger brother. Our friendship after this never escalated to a romantic relationship although he claims that he still loves me, mainly because our lives led us to completely different directions. He interpreters that as God’s punishment and still believes I am The One whom he truly loved and always will. He also never forgave himself.

Do not cheat!!!!!

[This message has been edited by ~Sharon Stone~ (edited 22 March 2005).]

Posts: 989 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sharon, I felt very sorry while reading through your posting and found many similarities to my own experiences in being in love with the first man in my life.

Love goes strange ways sometimes and its hurtful to realize that you can't be with the person you want so much in your life because its actually ruining it but for a long time you try not to see it.

After feeling a long and extensive time of pain, the healing begins and surely you came out of it as a different person.

I am glad somehow that you were able to talk to each other again after some time past. It must have felt good to understand the whole process, to put the pieces together and finally close the book.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Icon 7 posted      Profile for ' Sharon Stone '     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes! I changed a lot because of this experience - because of him, in so many ways. The person I was before has died that moment when I lost him. It was very painful to let it go, because he was everything to me, and by losing him I felt I was losing myself as well. I remember how painful it was for me to forget and kill that pure feelings I cherished so faithfully. At the same time I did not want to kill it, that was the hardest thing to me, but I could not handle it either. It was too painful. This crushed me completely.

However, after all, I built myself again in all levels to be my own person. It was my own re-birth. When I met him again, I was ready in all levels to face him. I prepeared myself for that. I also wanted as you said to close the chapter and finalize it. Once he talked to me, it really helped me a lot. I did not expect that from him. He was prepeared too! He knew we will meet again.

Thank you TL!

Posts: 989 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
A respectful person in my opinion, would end the marriage or relationship, before committing such an act, and involving someone else in this triangle.

Agree completely with Alana. Respect is an excellent guide even when morality fails.

farooqsaid1
Member # 7004

Rate Member
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ~Sharon Stone~:
We remained friends; he even knows my family and has a friendship with my younger brother. Our friendship after this never escalated to a romantic relationship although he claims that he still loves me, mainly because our lives led us to completely different directions. He interpreters that as God’s punishment and still believes I am The One whom he truly loved and always will. He also never forgave himself.

Do not cheat!!!!!

Sharon, I understand his mistake and your deep pain. However a question ame to my mind
" Keeping him close from you as a FRIEND and you know that he still loves you, is that situation feeding your revenge instinct?

' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Icon 7 posted      Profile for ' Sharon Stone '     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Sharon, I understand his mistake and your deep pain. However a question came to my mind: Keeping him close from you as a FRIEND and you know that he still loves you, is that situation feeding your revenge instinct?

Farooq, that was a very good question.

Since we spent 2 months healing each other, after all, there were absolutely no hard feelings on my part. I would not be able to forgive him otherwise, and especially to keep friendship with someone who hurt me that much!

But because he opened-up and revealed all changes he went through and how he arrived to that stage of realization during my absence, and how sorry he is, telling me that his happiness depends on my “forgiveness” and my happiness, doing everything what was in his power to heal my pain - (2 months talking every day!) it was so powerful and so honest and “real”, that I had no choice but to forgive, otherwise I would feel guilty that I dismissed him and caused him to live in misery all his life. This is how you start to heal - you start with honest "communication" heart to heart. There is no other way.

I even tried to challenge him in many ways but arguments he had I could not beat and I really was looking forward to find a mistake to dismiss him. I even told my mother I couldn’t find any single error in his “testimony”. I can never forget of course what had happened, because it changed my whole life but it is him who still suffers mainly because he feels that he ruined everything, he can't change the past and replace it. It's done. Although I forgave him, he still feels responsible in that extend that only my happiness makes him feel less guilty. He became a victim of his own act. These powerless feelings, and loss of me, hurt he caused in fact, led him to seek the God because he could not find the comfort on his own. That’s how he changed.

We remained friends because the "excat" same thing that seperated us - 'connected' us soul to soul. When something happens in your life, you can't change the act after it's done, neither can you change the circumstances because often you have no control over them, but you can change the way how you respond. The things were and are happening in such a manner that circumstances after all, continued to keep us apart, and life led us in different directions. It's not revenge on my part, it's something that I have no control over - but you made me think!

The friendship, to keep in touch but not to be in a 'romantic' relationship with someone whom you loved - is a powerful source that force us to learn and gain insights. To want but not to have, to be hungry but not given to eat, to want to die but forced to live, to love and lose - where you are "deprived" of something or someone you need so much force you to feel all kinds of things that you would not know otherwise.

I suffered for a reason, so is he. It's the pain that we went through that keeps us “connected”. It takes a lot to change the 'tragedy' into something that you can handle and continue your life. It's something that not many can understand except the people who experienced the loss and suffered in the name of "love" so they know how it feels, and the God.

It's the only relationship in my life that I can't predict, neither I can change, alter or remove all traces completely out of my life - because those happenings were crucial for me to become who I am, and obviously for him too. I was forced to change, so is he. Some people suffer because they are poor, some because they are handicapped or sick, some because the closest family member had died; and some because their lost their love. You can't just erase it. I often asked God did I pay enough, same he asks.

The last time we talked, besides the regular information - how is everything, he said that every day there is a new hope for him and if he can't be with me in this life, we would meet again (in the Heaven). He came to realization that it might never happen - but he doesn't want to give up a hope. Since that 'healing session' the friendship is steady and doesn't change in either direction.

So that's how we live. I live my life to the best I can, he lives his. We are two physically separated "souls" living individually just like the Egypt and the Nile. Neither can completely erase another, yet there are ‘connected’. The whole city built the life around that river, because of that river, around that river, and no matter how many times the people say the Nile water is dirty, unhealthy or too deep - it gave the life to the plants, it satisfied the thirst, it meant “life” and survival. They are ‘connected’. There is no Egypt without the Nile and there is no Nile without the Egypt - and if you replace the Nile and direct to run through the France and give to Egypt the river Amazon, they both have to adjust to be able to continue it's purpose but they can't deny it's existence, origin, and how they become, they can't pretend, at some point they know that where they are now is not originally where they were meant to be from the beginning, yet they have no choice but to live under the new circumstances.

[This message has been edited by ~Sharon Stone~ (edited 23 March 2005).]

Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ~Sharon Stone~:

So that's how we live. I live my life to the best I can, he lives his. We are two physically separated "souls" living individually just like the Egypt and the Nile. Neither can completely erase another, yet there are ‘connected’. The whole city built the life around that river, because of that river, around that river, and no matter how many times the people say the Nile water is dirty, unhealthy or too deep - it gave the life to the plants, it satisfied the thirst, it meant “life” and survival. They are ‘connected’. There is no Egypt without the Nile and there is no Nile without the Egypt - and if you replace the Nile and direct to run through the France and give to Egypt the river Amazon, they both have to adjust to be able to continue it's purpose but they can't deny it's existence, origin, and how they become, they can't pretend, at some point they know that where they are now is not originally where they were meant to be from the beginning, yet they have no choice but to live under the new circumstances.

Sharon I have been quietly following what you have been writing but have just got to say... these words above are just amazing, you have a wonderful way with words and a great understanding of life's trials.

All the best Penny

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
farooqsaid1
Member # 7004

Rate Member
~Sharon I felt through you words how senestive person you are and this is one thing we have in common, consequently I can give you my openion.

I have tasted a great pain at cetrain point of my life and as I was going through this squeezing pain, all of a sudden I found that there is hidden pleasure inside the pain. That ,subconsciously, sometimes makes you choose painfull choices!

If you need my best advice, it would be to go on with your life, get married from your lover and have childern teach them what is right and what is wrong, how to love, how to choose, how to respect, how to forgive, and how to be better than mom and dad!

Move on, leave the pain and show every one you smile!

' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ' Sharon Stone '     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Penny:
Sharon I have been quietly following what you have been writing but have just got to say... these words above are just amazing, you have a wonderful way with words and a great understanding of life's trials.
All the best Penny

Thank you Penny! I am glad that you liked my way with words. This is the only story that I can never end writing, I learned a lot so there is so much I can say. I've read some of your postings too - and often I 'connect' with you because I know that a person had to go through so much, to be able to reach those inisghts. You should write more!

[This message has been edited by ~Sharon Stone~ (edited 24 March 2005).]

' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ' Sharon Stone '     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
~Sharon~ I have tasted a great pain at cetrain point of my life and as I was going through this squeezing pain, all of a sudden I found that there is hidden pleasure inside the pain. That ,subconsciously, sometimes makes you choose painfull choices! Move on, leave the pain and show every one you smile!

Thank you Farooq! I know - we all had some painful events in our lives, but as you said we have no choice but to move on. Don't think that I am in pain now, what had happened was difficult but I suceeded to find my own comfort after all. There are not many who regret cheating on their partners, some people never change, and small fraction of them do. Through my experiences I learned that it doesn't matter if they change their ways, it's important that you realize they will be caught in their own web and there is no need for revenge. Just leaving them -is enough to cause a change if there should be any.

No other man cheated on me again ( it's great isn't it?!) and if they did - it certainly would not have such a big impact on me because I already mastered myself in this 'field'. Cheating is the most hurtful thing you can do to someone and it's not worth it.

I am very happy with what I have - love is universal and when it comes to that emotion, you can suffer only once but never two times in the same extent again. The hardest thing is to talk about it - because people tend to be ashamed to admit, and it took me a long time to actually say it, but at the end, I encourage everyone to speak and share because that just shows we are not only one -and we survived. Thanks again for your kind words.

farooqsaid1
Member # 7004

Rate Member
Cheeting

I used to work in German company. I was one of the top engineers on board. The manager was very happy with me. At one time my performance dropped. The manager called me to his office and told me "you have had high level of performance and you paid for it. The chalenge is to keep your level of performance or ..ahh, you know..

When a couple get together, evryone is in a way "working" for the other. To keep your "job" you have to keep your high level of performance, or ..ahh, you know

How can help me to shed some light on "Level of Performance in a relationship"

Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
quote:
Cheeting

I used to work in German company. I was one of the top engineers on board. The manager was very happy with me. At one time my performance dropped. The manager called me to his office and told me "you have had high level of performance and you paid for it. The chalenge is to keep your level of performance or ..ahh, you know..

When a couple get together, evryone is in a way "working" for the other. To keep your "job" you have to keep your high level of performance, or ..ahh, you know

How can help me to shed some light on "Level of Performance in a relationship"

Farooq,
Relationship fail mostly because we have entered them for the wrong reasons which belong to the group 'What Can I Get Out of It' as opposed to much more successful team of relationship catalysts called 'What Can I Bring In According To Who I Am'. We can not possibly expect any human to be on top of his/her performance of any kind throughout their entire life. What we can and should expect however, is that our partner (and us as well of course) will always DO THEIR BEST to make the relationship a happy and mutually fulfilling one. This 'best' will differ on a daily basis no more no less, depending on the emotional state we are in, physical well being, and all sorts of circumstances affecting us throughout our lives. The key is to find a partner who will understand it and accept us just the way we are at any moment of our life together. It does not mean we will consume emotional peaches and cream every day: we all differ (thanks God....LOL) after all, but making an honest effort to communicate, understand and accept our true selves in relation to each other is in my humble opinion the only way to a harmonious life together. Love is about togetherness, not perfection, and if we ever start to think the mountain we need to climb to please our prince/ss gets too high, it is time to comfortably sit on our behinds already and take a healthy slide down the slope of questionable bliss, rethinking our relationship concepts along the way.

kokokoas
Member # 7412

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for kokokoas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WHO IS CHETING THE OTHER THAT IS THE BIG QUESTION
IN HURGHADA IS ANOTHER WORLD EVERYBODY IS TRYING TO AMUSE HIMSELF IN THE BEST WAY...AND NOW IN THAT CASE THE QUESTION HAS NO PLACE..BEFORE YOU ASK ..ASK YOURSELF DID YOU DO IT SO RIGHT..MEAN DO YOU THINK THAT IS FALT OF ONE SIDE?

Posts: 36 | From: Cairo | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

There is no excuse for cheating, adultery, and immorality. To be faithful is the matter of the individual character and integrity. You cheat - you are at fault. Nobody can make a person faithful or moral. It's you own responsibility. Either you want to be it, or you don't.
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ~Sharon Stone~:
There is no excuse for cheating, adultery, and immorality. To be faithful is the matter of the individual character and integrity. You cheat - you are at fault. Nobody can make a person faithful or moral. It's you own responsibility. Either you want to be it, or you don't.

In the real world I agree with you Sharon but what Kokokoas is refering to in the Red sea resorts of Egypt in not the real world. Morality seems to have been forgoten and has no place. Life for so many men and women has become no more than a 'deal' for what each can get from the other. It may be a short term holiday fling it may be a much longer term association. The fault is on both sides and both sides are cheating themselves of any morality and respect.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Sure Penney, that's probably the hardest thing to accept. Maybe there are underlying reasons for it, but still everyone needs to be responsible for their actions individually, at least to a certain extent. Otherwise, someone will always blame hot weather and bautiful blue ocean for their own infidelity.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com