EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Politics and the planet of the apes!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Politics and the planet of the apes!
Natashiah
Member # 4566

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Natashiah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um Um now that I have your attention....can I have your opinion please?

With the current protesting and the general Egyptian population sitting inside a pressure cooker just waiting to explode...in your opinion do you think general standard of living will change should "democracy" really flourish in Egypt...and by that I mean if the Egyptians are allowed to choose and vote for the person they want to rule their country!

Of yours their will be havoc at first but all new democracies goes through some turmoil in the beginning and of course there will be new thiefs and some of the old thiefs will remain etc. etc. until everything is almost normal.In any country their is some form of corruption in the government as their are no virgin governments as far as Im concerned....but back to the point irrispective of the turmoil ...wil the population benifit in the end with a democratic government.

All responses are welcome ...its only opinions!

Posts: 723 | From: South Africa | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kokokoas
Member # 7412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kokokoas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EL DOSTOUR ELMASRY 76 WE ROLE FREE
Posts: 36 | From: Cairo | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dreamcatcher
Member # 3938

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dreamcatcher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Natashiah:
Um Um now that I have your attention....can I have your opinion please?

With the current protesting and the general Egyptian population sitting inside a pressure cooker just waiting to explode...in your opinion do you think general standard of living will change should "democracy" really flourish in Egypt...and by that I mean if the Egyptians are allowed to choose and vote for the person they want to rule their country!

Of yours their will be havoc at first but all new democracies goes through some turmoil in the beginning and of course there will be new thiefs and some of the old thiefs will remain etc. etc. until everything is almost normal.In any country their is some form of corruption in the government as their are no virgin governments as far as Im concerned....but back to the point irrispective of the turmoil ...wil the population benifit in the end with a democratic government.

All responses are welcome ...its only opinions!

Nat hard to say as I do not live in egypt, but we both know the dawn of democracy in our country had teething problems, corrupation was in place in apartheid, and has remained under the new dispensation, but that is the long road 2 true demoracy, it takes time, but in the end it is worth the wait. Take care
Dreamy

Posts: 286 | From: south africa | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubles101
Member # 4543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troubles101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In a meeting after the 1952 revolution in Egypt, the leaders were discussing whether to apply democracy or not and Sadat the ex president thought it's good to delay democracy until securing the country, It seems like security was the card that has been used for good and bad causes and its such a convincing cause in some circumstances.

Dictator is not alwayes a corruptor but the good thing about democracy is that people get to feel that they own the country and have a rule in what goes on. Few years ago there was Egyptian Movie called " I want my right" about an Egyptian hard worker taxi driver who once read the consitiution and suprisingly knew that the country is the right of the people and when told this to other people they were very surprised as many of them thought the government OWNS the country but he told them that all these land and governmental companies are in fact the people money and then he collected their signature to sell the whole country. we still have those expresions " ardh el hokoma" "government land" "shari' el hokoma"( government's street) and this in turn make people very careless about the way things look like, you find some throwing trash on street and nother cutting the rubber of the metro doors then saying it's not our anyway! they don't realize they will pay for it from their money.

[This message has been edited by Troubles101 (edited 03 May 2005).]

Posts: 1732 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com