EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » What is your favourite Egyptian souvenir?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What is your favourite Egyptian souvenir?
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

You have been on vacation to Egypt and you brought many things back home from your trip.

Is there one item which really grew close to your heart?

What is it? Maybe you can add a little story with it.

Mine is a little empty yogurt container in a heart-shaped form. Nestle Egypt produced it couple of years ago and named it after me (my real name). Wallahy, I am not joking. I was so happy when I found it in the cooling shelf of Abou Ashara in Hurghada......

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:

You have been on vacation to Egypt and you brought many things back home from your trip.

What is it? Maybe you can add a little story with it.

Mine is a little empty yogurt container in a heart-shaped form. Nestle Egypt produced it couple of years ago and named it after me (my real name). Wallahy, I am not joking. I was so happy when I found it in the cooling shelf of Abou Ashara in Hurghada......

I bought this necklace from the silver store in ginina mall in cairo. it is a small venetian mask with black crystals. I never go anywhere without it. love it very much. Its the only jewelery i wear on casual days.

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Umm Laura
Member # 7766

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Umm Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A small brown baby!!! (only kidding!!!)
Posts: 21 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Umm Laura:

Is this going to be the "quote of the week"?

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A small slate palette in the shape of a fish. It was made by the grandfather of a shop I went into to sell to tourists as an 'antique' obviously they didn't dare do that any more. It was sold to me as a replica and I loved this thing, it is very simple and in the style of 3500 BC pieces. I actually saw an indentical piece but larger in the nubian museum at Aswan. Now I have moved to Egypt it has come back with me.
Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nooralhaq
Member # 5823

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for nooralhaq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Umm Laura:

normally I would faint at this remark but this early in the morning, I must admit I laughed out loud~

Posts: 1706 | From: Dallas, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:

What is it?

Hamada.

[This message has been edited by Karah_Mia (edited 01 June 2005).]

Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Karah_Mia:
Hamada.

[This message has been edited by Karah_Mia (edited 01 June 2005).]

Yeah!! Go girl!!! Can I have one???

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nooralhaq
Member # 5823

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for nooralhaq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Samia:

[This message has been edited by nooralhaq (edited 01 June 2005).]

Posts: 1706 | From: Dallas, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Samia:

Sure can! Other than growing mummified gigolos under my bed I have picked up a new hobby of human genome experimentation aka cloning. I would be happy to clone my husband; I just have to be careful not to clone my dearest child by mistake as the world can only take so much.

Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kerry
Member # 6310

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Kerry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Tiger...

my Souvenir is a picture of jesus i had it from a priest, i was 4 years old and my mom went to the church where she married in (ard el golf) i was bored from sitting around than i said, that i love this picture, cuz it was hand made with sequined, velvet and straw
it has a very nice golden handmade frame.

so when we left the priest gave it to me for present, i couldnt believe it, i was 4 and i told him NO it looks better in the church and other people has to see it 2. but he gave it to me and this picture is now 19 years over my bed, i love to look at it and i hope it will move with me to any place i go. and in all my trips to egypt i never saw this picture in those style again.
im not tired of it even when i changed my whole room i always kept it

greets kerry

[This message has been edited by Kerry (edited 06 June 2005).]

Posts: 147 | From: Mainz,Germany/ Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com