EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Egyptian Marriage

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Egyptian Marriage
haydee61
Member # 8155

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for haydee61     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys will love this Story. I am a spanish girl who is tired of the same in USA and I would rather to marrie a man with a lot of values and traditions. The Internet now is one of the most popular connections to meet people or even get marrie. I have two friends that marrie this way and to be hones is fascinated the way you can express yourself more than you would do in person. I have been talkig to an Egyptian guy for the last six month at one point that we both felt in love very deeptly. He is not a doctor or University graduate but they own a big farm where they make a living for the whole family. He would rather me to go to Egypt but since USA is my home I have asked him to move to Utah. I will be in Egypt for a month and we are planing to marrie in Egypt. We love each other just like you can imagine you would have with some one who is close to you. The feelings have grow extremely that I have convence him to move to USA. Now I have arrange to go to Egypt and meet this man and meet his family and friends. He is not looking for another woman for his colection but I am still wondering what is going to happen if we get marrie. Will he get his visa right away? How long is this process going to take ? What do I need to be aware after I merrie?. He expects me to be there when he gets his visa but I think this is going to take months or years. I also have to come back to US to pay my bills and my morgage and continue with my responsabilities and finish school. Family and friends will be waiting for me at the airport and arrange a family reunion.

Posts: 12 | From: West Bountiful | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is no guarantee he will get the visa ever. It is not automatic at all.

One of my friends is doing this process and she is nearly at the finish after 2 years.

They did not meet on the internet but in the states while he was working there. They are married and have a child. They have had to produce copiuos documentation to rove they are a valid couple and it isn't just a scam to get a visa. They still have to go through the final hurdle the interview.

I suggest you contact the US governement for more information on the process. You should be aware that having met on the internet that they specifically warn against that. Your chances of getting a visa are small and it will take a long time.

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
haydee61
Member # 8155

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for haydee61     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what are the chances for him to get a visa to visit usa. Could that be possible ? if that is going to take two years or more what am i doing?
Posts: 12 | From: West Bountiful | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RaniaMe
Member # 7590

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RaniaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know about the US laws, but in many countries, it can indeed take up to 2 years, and during this time, he won't be allowed to travel to your country. Very unpleasant situation.
Best of luck.

Posts: 213 | From: Paris/ Le Caire | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
haydee61
Member # 8155

Rate Member
I am Salvadorean and my siter got marrie with a US Citizen and only took her 6 month to get her visa. However, I don't know if this laws applies to all countries. Thanks and Best Regards.
haydee61
Member # 8155

Rate Member
I think there is a chance to get a visa according to the INS.

Can My Spouse Come to the U.S. to Live While the Visa Petition Is Pending?
If you are a U.S. Citizen, once you file Form I-130, your spouse is eligible to apply for a nonimmigrant K-3 Visa. This will entitle him or her to come to the U.S. to live and work while the visa petition is pending. The Form to file for this benefit is Form I-129F. It is not necessary for your spouse to obtain a K-3 visa in order to come to the U.S. to live and work. Your spouse may wait abroad for immigrant visa processing. However, seeking a K-3 visa can be a method for him or her to come to the U.S. more quickly.

RaniaMe
Member # 7590

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RaniaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haydee, don't forget your boyfriend's nationality...If you married an European, it will not last that long of course. Arabs are not welcome nowadays, first, and then, as someone coming from a third world country, your BF will always be suspected to marry you for your visa.
Posts: 213 | From: Paris/ Le Caire | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My friend is getting her husband in on that and it has taken 2 years to get to that point. And that has not been an internet relationship as I said but a face to face one with someone who got a visa to the US and they have a child.

The US is very suspicious of internet relationships and of Arabs. Prepare you self for a long long wait and perhaps never.

Remember it is not you that has to convince them he is for real but him. and they have seen it all.

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sora
Member # 8159

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sora     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Haydee61

Happy to know that you are in Love but why do you only concentrate on his VISA? I am married to an Egyptian and married to a Muslim is a big issue.
You should be thinking about your life after being married to him rather than his VISA....
Trust me, he may love you and is kind to you but he is a muslim. I am not saying that muslims are bad.... they are just so different in the way they think and value things...
Anyway, good luck with the visa ;-)

Sora

Posts: 181 | From: By the River Nile - Cairo | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
haydee61
Member # 8155

Rate Member
Sora thank you so much. You have not Idea how we are devastated and provable you are right I am concentrating in his visa more than just waiting for him. He can support me in Egypt but to be honest I will take a chance to bring him to USA. It seems that he has more values than any one else I know. Thank you for your support any other good new please keep me informed.
didi_elsayed
Member # 4763

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for didi_elsayed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mmm Sora i agree with you,from where you are,and where you live with your husband-Egypt?!It will be very interesting for me to talk to another woman married to egyptian,i suppose u dont want to give ur adres here,so u can contact me on this one:diana_ivanova1983@yahoo.com,any girl wanting to share experience and talk friendly feel free to use,but no man pls!Ty
Posts: 1134 | From: NoNe oF uR BuSiNeS | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com