EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Egyptian army officer & foreign women

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Egyptian army officer & foreign women
Worldwind
Member # 8254

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Worldwind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi. Can anyone let me know whether any Egyptian army officer is allowed to marry foreigners? I have been told that this is not allowed. However are there any exceptions to this?

Thanks. I'm asking because I am involved with an Egyptian army officer who says that he loves me ... but can't marry me because of the law.

Egyptian men ... one could write a whole book about them ...

Posts: 6 | From: Malaysia | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SiN_iNN
Member # 5754

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SiN_iNN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Worldwind:
Hi. Can anyone let me know whether any Egyptian army officer is allowed to marry foreigners? I have been told that this is not allowed. However are there any exceptions to this?

Thanks. I'm asking because I am involved with an Egyptian army officer who says that he loves me ... but can't marry me because of the law.

Egyptian men ... one could write a whole book about them ...

That's true

Posts: 140 | From: Cairo | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
puppy
Member # 6116

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for puppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my husband get out from beeing under a call..for army,after he marry me.
so i guess, there is really rouls about it..

Posts: 263 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ah_farrag
Member # 4717

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ah_farrag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As long as he is working in the army, he can not get married to a Non Egyptian wife.
The only exception , he can get married to an Arabian wife after getting the approval of Defence Minister.
These rules are organized by the Egyptian military law.
Thanks
ah_farrag
Former Reserve Officer

Posts: 674 | From: Cairo,Egypt | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Worldwind
Member # 8254

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Worldwind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So is there any point for me to continue this relationship? Especially as he is married? Or should I just enjoy it for what it is as we'll be living in different countries after two months. We are both working in the same country but I'll be going home for good in two months, and he will be going back to Egypt for good in 4 months.

I know it's wrong to love a married man, expecially since we can't get married (I would have considered becoming a second wife) but never has a man made me this happy.

Guilt vs. love

Posts: 6 | From: Malaysia | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I know it's wrong to love a married man, expecially since we can't get married (I would have considered becoming a second wife) but never has a man made me this happy.

Doesn't take much to make you happy does it? Or you just enjoy being a homewrecker?

Oh and if you marry a married man in Egypt your homecountry unless its KSA or the sort will not recognize the marriage, nor will personal status laws give you any rights.

But again the lawmakers in Egypt aren't fools.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SiN_iNN:
That's true

Yes, darling SiN_iNN, and the editor of the publications would jump from his sixith story window in Manhattan.

I wonder if that stain would rub out of the cement?

Ha ha ha ha, that was delicious!

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why do people like it so complicated?

Worldwind, do you fully understand what it means to share a man with another woman?

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Worldwind
Member # 8254

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Worldwind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:

Worldwind, do you fully understand what it means to share a man with another woman?

Worldwind
Member # 8254

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:

Wow ... thanks for the reality check. Never been called a homewrecker ... but I deserve that.

And I have no idea why some people (including myself) like it so complicated. And yes Tigerlily I'm beginning to understand what it means to share a man with another woman especially when you're not the first one on the list.

I make no excuses for myself. I know what I am doing is wrong - because I would hate to be in the position of his wife. Do onto others as you would yourself right? Which is why I'm expecting something like this to happen should I ever get married.

So why do it anyway? Plain stupidity and weakness? Yeap. You have no idea how many other married men have tried to get it on with me and I said no to all of them except him. And honestly I have no idea why ... especially when I usually mistrust Arab men in general (they make great friends & 'brothers' but more than that ...). This was just one of those times I just couldn't say no. Pathetic but true.

And I'm beginning to experience how it feels being the other woman. It hurts like hell but I'm still trying hard (but I admit not hard enough) to break it off. It will end soon though as I'm leaving the country where we are both working in and I certainly don't believe in long distant relationships.

I will pay for what I've done. All I can say is, I used to be one of those people who looked down on others who had affairs ... and now I'm one of those people. Another lesson learned ... never, ever look down on others as you never know you might just end up being one of them.

puppy
Member # 6116

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for puppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Worldwind,
I'm sorry for u, that u hurt ur hearth. My opinion is,that u are much less bad,than this man..i understood,that he was one,who started to flirt with u..and u try to be calm..
Anyway, he must choise now...between u and his wife, between u and his work..
If he choice u,then he is crazy about u..i wish u a happy life.
If he choise his wife and work, then u must forget him,and try to continue ur life..it is hard first,but u will survive..
Best luck for u.

Posts: 263 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Wow ... thanks for the reality check. Never been called a homewrecker ... but I deserve that.

And I have no idea why some people (including myself) like it so complicated. And yes Tigerlily I'm beginning to understand what it means to share a man with another woman especially when you're not the first one on the list.

I make no excuses for myself. I know what I am doing is wrong - because I would hate to be in the position of his wife. Do onto others as you would yourself right? Which is why I'm expecting something like this to happen should I ever get married.

So why do it anyway? Plain stupidity and weakness? Yeap. You have no idea how many other married men have tried to get it on with me and I said no to all of them except him. And honestly I have no idea why ... especially when I usually mistrust Arab men in general (they make great friends & 'brothers' but more than that ...). This was just one of those times I just couldn't say no. Pathetic but true.

And I'm beginning to experience how it feels being the other woman. It hurts like hell but I'm still trying hard (but I admit not hard enough) to break it off. It will end soon though as I'm leaving the country where we are both working in and I certainly don't believe in long distant relationships.

I will pay for what I've done. All I can say is, I used to be one of those people who looked down on others who had affairs ... and now I'm one of those people. Another lesson learned ... never, ever look down on others as you never know you might just end up being one of them.

Well at least you can own up to your responsibility, in word not yet deed.

I hope you find your way and leave this guy behind. Because he would if it wasn't so convenient for him.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Worldwind, the hard it is you need to stop this relationship asap. Otherwise you will only get more attached to him, feel for him and it will be even more difficult to let go.

By the way many Egyptian men are quick and don't have a problem to use the "L" word so be aware. I just don't see a future of your relationship. He would not seek divorce from his wife back in Egypt. He likes you and takes your time together as easy - from your writing I believe you feel much more for him.

Let him go and focus on his family in Egypt. And you need to focus on coming to terms with your own feelings. Find another great man who will flatter your heart again. And don't tell me its not possible. And maybe he will be also Egyptian but unattached, and maybe not an Army Officer...... just not too complicated. Good luck!

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Worldwind
Member # 8254

Rate Member
Thanks to everyone for your comments. Most of all thanks for not being judgemental. I am going through a hard time and have no one to talk to really and it's always good to get a reality check from others.

The thing is ... I will never ask him to choose between his wife and me because I would never have the heart to do that to his children (and even his wife). I could easily be a true home wrecker and do the horrible thing by telling his wife. But I'm not that cruel nor that vengeful.

He told me before he considered marrying me in secret (as some other officers have done) but we both agreed it wouldn't be the right thing to do. That would be making it far more complicated than it already is and of course I wouldn't have any legal rights.

This will end eventually and yes, I know I'll get over it albeit with some scars (from guilt rather than losing him). I only pray that God will one day forgive me (and him) for being so weak.

Once again, thanks for all your comments.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com