EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Are there any other American women who's husband is in the egyptian military?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Are there any other American women who's husband is in the egyptian military?
mrs.serafel
Member # 8747

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for mrs.serafel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello all. I was just wanting to know if there are any American women who's husband is or was in the egyptian military before he came to be with you in America? I was told that my husband would not have to go and sadly found out that he did have to go. He gets out in three more months. So that's a blessing but, I was wondering what if any were your experiences. Thanks
Posts: 5 | From: America | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zaykon:
i don't know how these guys go to military even after they got married to a foreigner women as the egyption law states that any egyptian man can have full and final exemption from any military obligations if he is married to a foreigner women,it happened with a friend of mine that's y i know about it.

Apparently that rule has changed now as so many men were trying to marry foreigners to get out of military service!

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have had several foreign women coming through ES who have talked about their husbands doing military service, so maybe the rule hasn't changed, but its not being applied.
Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mrs.serafel
Member # 8747

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mrs.serafel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was really strange to us. And there was nothing that we could do. We have been told so many conflicting things. I miss my husband so much and when he gets out of the military we are going to have restart our immigration paperwork all over again. What I have noticed is that each and everyone of the women I have met that married muslim men their husbands were exempt. Is this the norm?
Posts: 5 | From: America | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morgan
Member # 6662

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Morgan   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have heard unbelievable stories for what money is needed...
young husband said to his wife
-his home's roof fell down (-6000LE)
-they didn't have money to pay electricity (-500LE)
-his horse died (-5000LE)
-he had to pay bribes to police when he got arrested for no reason (-1500LE)
-mother is sick (-2000LE)
-he needs operation to his knee (-4000LE)
-he has to pay someone to keep him out from army (-6000LE... -5000LE... still going on)

Posts: 1223 | From: Home | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Morgan:
i have heard unbelievable stories for what money is needed...
young husband said to his wife
-his home's roof fell down (-6000LE)
-they didn't have money to pay electricity (-500LE)
-his horse died (-5000LE)
-he had to pay bribes to police when he got arrested for no reason (-1500LE)
-mother is sick (-2000LE)
-he needs operation to his knee (-4000LE)
-he has to pay someone to keep him out from army (-6000LE... -5000LE... still going on)

This is the most creative post of yours in quite a while.

Cute and funny!

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mrs.serafel
Member # 8747

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mrs.serafel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Morgan I don't think your post is funny at all. My post is very serious to me. And if you don't have an experience or any valid information to offer or share please post your jokes elsewhere.
Stacia
Member # 3188

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stacia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mrs. S, I'm American and my husband is Egyptian. We live in Egypt and my husband still had to join the military (navy) long after we were married. He was only required to serve 1 year, but luckily his duty time was cut in half. I do have a friend that is American and her in-laws spent a ton of money to keep her husband from going to the military. Guess anything is possible in this country,
Posts: 190 | From: Alexandria, Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Natashiah
Member # 4566

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Natashiah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As far as i know all they have to do is go to te Military Office and ask to be exempted from Military Service if they are on standby. Many of Egypt Air's staff who left to work for Emirates went to the base station and asked to be exempted.Its easy!I know this for a fact the base station for Luxor is in Qena.And this was very recent...like 2 months ago!
Posts: 723 | From: South Africa | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mrs.serafel
Member # 8747

Rate Member
I'm sorry that I have not replied lately. I didn't have power due to the hurricane. It was and still is awful. Thanks to everyone who replied. This is extremely frustrating not to mention financially strapping. I do know that my husband is still in the military even after we were investigated by the Egyptian government and they found nothing. He still had to go and has been there for almost a year. It is just so puzzling to me that out of everyone that I have talked to that married Egyptian muslims each and everyone of them said their husbands did not have to go.
ymmmi
Member # 8848

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ymmmi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was also hearing that, that if u are married with someone not from egypt then u did not need to do the army, But after that i heard that they change that this year.
Because its so many pople that get married just so they dont need to go to army.

Zaykon: when did that happend to ur friend?

stacia: did u know how mutch money ur friend spend for the army?

Natashiah: what u meen about this? (exempted from Military Service if they are on standby.)

Posts: 56 | From: sweden | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mrs serafel, the people you spoke with...do you really think they'll come out and say the husband doesn't have to go bcs we pulled a lot of family strings and gave a lot of people money under the table?
Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacia
Member # 3188

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stacia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ymmmi, don't know how much my friends husband had to pay to keep him out of the military.

I also heard that the law changed this last year, but that doesn't make sense cuz my husband had to join and that was over 3 years ago. Maybe it's possible that the military took him because I wasn't living in Egypt at the time, but not sure.

Posts: 190 | From: Alexandria, Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When things don't make sense there is usually an obvious reason staring you in the face but you choose not too look at it.
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ymmmi
Member # 8848

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ymmmi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah i was hearing that its difficulte now to pye u out from the army..

Hmm its strange because juste last year a friend to me did not have to go army because he was married, maybee its just deppends what mood the goverment are in..

Because when i was reading here i see many husebands go to army.

And it looks like my huseband have to go to army, even that im pregnent and will have our dotter 2 monhts later.

Posts: 56 | From: sweden | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mrs.serafel
Member # 8747

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by ExptinCAI:
Mrs serafel, the people you spoke with...do you really think they'll come out and say the husband doesn't have to go bcs we pulled a lot of family strings and gave a lot of people money under the table?
People are going to be people and they will do what they feel they have to do in order to get what they want. The people who I didn't know personally..I'm sure they wouldn't tell me that. But, one couple I know personally..if that's something they did..I'm sure they would have told me.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com