EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Ahmed

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ahmed
blackmagnolia
Member # 4915

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackmagnolia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If someone knows Ahmed Abdelhamid Mahmound, be careful, he is after your money
Posts: 7 | From: North Hollywood, Ca. USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
patsykat
Member # 8883

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for patsykat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUTE] which hotel does he work in? patsy
Posts: 5 | From: england | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blackmagnolia
Member # 4915

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackmagnolia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, he do not work in any hotel, and he lives in Cairo
Posts: 7 | From: North Hollywood, Ca. USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morgan
Member # 6662

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Morgan   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
woman
Posts: 1223 | From: Home | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Morgan:
woman

You mean women

The original posting is just so dam stupid.
If you want to give a warning about someone then state where he works, and were he lives. Just how many men are there in Egypt with that name?

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Penny:
The original posting is just so dam stupid.
If you want to give a warning about someone then state where he works, and were he lives. Just how many men are there in Egypt with that name?

That is the thing that cracks me up in Egypt. They all have the same name and it is impossible to identify them without knowing their village and other relatives. Even when I am talking with my husband about someone we have these bizarre conversations

I saw Mohammmed today

Which Mohammed

The one that drives the taxi

Which taxi

I didn't notice the number, he has a brother called Ahmed.

Does he have the flat behind the mosque

No he is the one that still lives in his family house.

Ah his sister is Fatima and his father is Moustapha

No not one his father is Mahmoud and his sister got married last year to Ahmed.

Ah I know which one you mean.

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatshepsut
Member # 4664

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hatshepsut     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
akshar.... you made me laugh...

that's exactly the conversation held...

and blackmagnolia : penny is right

Posts: 127 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey ladies..

Some ESers come here to help maintain a brave face (delusional), some come here to blow off steam, some come here to collect information and to share information.

Unless Sam or Neal blocks their username their comments are as valid as can be.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by akshar:
That is the thing that cracks me up in Egypt. They all have the same name and it is impossible to identify them without knowing their village and other relatives. Even when I am talking with my husband about someone we have these bizarre conversations

I saw Mohammmed today

Which Mohammed

The one that drives the taxi

Which taxi

I didn't notice the number, he has a brother called Ahmed.

Does he have the flat behind the mosque

No he is the one that still lives in his family house.

Ah his sister is Fatima and his father is Moustapha

No not one his father is Mahmoud and his sister got married last year to Ahmed.

Ah I know which one you mean.

LOL! Can someone tell me if there are any religious or cultural traditions for naming babies? I don't mean carrying the all the fathers' names... I mean, are there things that are considered lucky or unlucky? Like some cultures think naming a child after a relative who is still living is very unlucky. Or is it traditional to honor someone by naming a child after him?

My fiance has about 10 neices and nephews, and there are several with the same names, some born only a few months apart. Just wondering how this comes about. Thx.

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com