EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Marrying an Egyptian (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Marrying an Egyptian
Sofia
Member # 5629

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sofia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tigerlilly,
Sure, I'll give my opinion on the "Benha" thread. I actually went there 2 times when I was in Egypt. It's very rural.

I hope my post wasn't negative...I just think that the gesture to bring small gifts or food to a home when you visit is part of their custom and since she didn't have anything, her boyfriend gave her things to give.. which I think is very sweet...he cared enough about her to want his family to accept her and not get a bad first impression. Then again, I an the type of person who looks at the cup half full rather than half empty!
Take Care, Sophia

Posts: 48 | From: California, USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sadsarah
Member # 9575

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sadsarah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Sophia,

My understanding is that only a fool wants to serve in the military in Egypt. It is, after all, a police state. I don't suppose one "serves their country" but helping to oppress their own people. So, I take it as a good sign your boyfriend is not interested in military service.

My boyfriend/fiance is Egyptian too. We applied for a fiance's visa and he has his interview tomorrow. I am rather worried right now. [Frown]

I would not let the advice on this site worry you too much. It all seems a bit doomsdayish... If your relationship makes it through the 9 to 12 months it takes to get the visa, he probably really does want to marry you. Otherwise, he would get bored of instant messaging you.

Sarah

Posts: 17 | From: Tucson | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do coptic guys have to serve in the army?
Do women have to do service in the army in some form?
Is it after highschool for the egyptians?

Posts: 872 | From: Sydney | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
belly_wigggla
Member # 9626

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for belly_wigggla   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Sophia..have read this thread with interest. To me your guy sounds decent and chatting online together gives you a good chance to get to know each other better.

Just a thought, but have you considered coming to Egypt for a trial period? Why not say you'll give it 3 months here and then assess the situation afterwards - at least you'll be able to say you tried. If your main aim is to be together then you can achieve that. You can then apply to the US Embassy in Cairo for his visa and go through the whole process together - mutual support!

Would just like to add that I've been with my Egyptian husband for almost 12 years...we met in Egypt, lived in the UK and then returned to Egypt in 2000. I believe that if you love each other enough you can overcome the cultural differences.

And, yes, whilst it has to be said that most Egyptian men are scammers, there are a rare few that are 100% genuine and have hearts of gold...

Posts: 41 | From: Egypt | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trixie
Member # 5112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for trixie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this Ahmed from Port Said?
Posts: 19 | From: Chicago, IL USA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sofia
Member # 5629

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sofia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Trixie,
No, Ahmed isn't from Port Said. He is from a town near Mansoura. Does he sound like someone you know?
Sophia

Posts: 48 | From: California, USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sofia
Member # 5629

Rate Member
Hi Countessa,
That's great to hear you and your husband have been married for 12 years! That is wonderul that you both have overcome alot of obstacles. Were you Muslim before? If not, did you convert?

If I didn't have obligations here, believe me, I would seriously think about moving there for a few months to see how things work out.

We have been chatting for 1 year and 3 months and we've only missed a few days.. lol..I believe what you say about the long visa process... I bet some guys would just give up and move on if they really weren't in love.

I hope the one I met is the one who has the heart of gold. Thanks for your post.
Sophia

MsAlexander
Member # 9930

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MsAlexander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Sophia
I am new to ES and this is the first thread that I have taken time to read. I hope the best for you and pray that everything works out the way that God intends for them to work out. I find that I too am in an internet relationship with an Egyptian man. I have not known him as long and it is a new relationship. I too worry about all the things you have been going through. I know that I can be waaayyyyyy to trusting of people and feel that I may be getting in over my head on many issues but as many have told you, I will TAKE my time and really get to know him. We are talking about me going to Egypt in the Summer inshallah to visit. I have much time to think it over and more time to read responses to your threads and others. I hope that you will continue to keep the thread posted with your how you two are doing.

Posts: 2 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sofia
Member # 5629

Rate Member
I will keep you posted. All the advice is to take it easy and get to know them better. I want to go back this summer to visit.. maybe we will be there at the same time.. lol
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com