EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Can I trust Egyptian man? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Can I trust Egyptian man?
l1nux
Member # 5824

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for l1nux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi
This Is Depinding in your Human Relationship skills to read the maind of the who you talken to and you must know any place in this earth have a bad people and Goood People Thats all you musk take care of who you know and who you talken to .
Bye

Posts: 16 | From: Maadi,Cairo,Egypt. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cherrysfi:
Hello!

To make a long story short: I have met nice man from Egypt. We met in Egypt, where I was on holiday, and after I came back to my home, we have been writing messages and talking phone and now he would like to come to visit me for 1 week.
I know it must difficult process for egyptian to travel to Europe, but he has been talking about a lot and seems like he also has been finding out what kind of process it is. He also has make it perfectly clear that after that 1 week he goes back to his country. But what bothers me, is that I don´t know if he is really serious about this or is he just playing some games with me?
I would like to hear some advise. I mean I don´t like to doubt anybody, but men in Europe are mostly hard to figure out , so I wonder how it is whit men from Egypt.

Should I believe what he is saying, or....

Cherrysfi

Asalaam alaikum

Reading all these things about Egyptian men has made me a bit paranoid I must admit. I am planning a trip in December to visit my love. I want to be absolutely sure about him before we go further in our relationship. I will tell a bit about the relationship so you guys can be the judge. We have been together for about a year now. We talk on the phone twice weekly. I also talk with his family, sisters mostly. He has never asked to marry me to come to the US, I have tried to talk about it with him and he refuses to "marry to travel". When I go in December I will be staying with him and his family (parents and sisters). There has been NO talk of "temporary marriage" as he doesn't believe in it. He ultimately wants me to visit him there so that I can see his country, meet his family, see if I would be able to adjust to life in Egypt as he wants to live there after we marry, inshallah. We will not marry when I visit. Please, tell me what you think. Thank you, shukran.
Salaam

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Asalaam alaikum

Reading all these things about Egyptian men has made me a bit paranoid I must admit. I am planning a trip in December to visit my love. I want to be absolutely sure about him before we go further in our relationship. I will tell a bit about the relationship so you guys can be the judge. We have been together for about a year now. We talk on the phone twice weekly. I also talk with his family, sisters mostly. He has never asked to marry me to come to the US, I have tried to talk about it with him and he refuses to "marry to travel". When I go in December I will be staying with him and his family (parents and sisters). There has been NO talk of "temporary marriage" as he doesn't believe in it. He ultimately wants me to visit him there so that I can see his country, meet his family, see if I would be able to adjust to life in Egypt as he wants to live there after we marry, inshallah. We will not marry when I visit. Please, tell me what you think. Thank you, shukran.
Salaam

Hello there. Well, it's very difficult to actually *see* into another person's relationship. Where did you guys meet?

In any event there are good and bad men everywhere. There are definitely additional challenges when it's a long-distance inter-continental relationship, and don't forget those, either. But that doesn't mean it's doomed.

All I can say is that my fiance has always paid for everything, and has treated me very respectfully, especially in front of his family. My impression of Egypt, his family, and him of course, is that people are very warm, welcoming, honest, and kind. You deserve the same. But take it slowwwwwwly. :-) Good luck, and enjoy Egypt. It's wonderful!!!

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:
Hello there. Well, it's very difficult to actually *see* into another person's relationship. Where did you guys meet?

In any event there are good and bad men everywhere. There are definitely additional challenges when it's a long-distance inter-continental relationship, and don't forget those, either. But that doesn't mean it's doomed.

All I can say is that my fiance has always paid for everything, and has treated me very respectfully, especially in front of his family. My impression of Egypt, his family, and him of course, is that people are very warm, welcoming, honest, and kind. You deserve the same. But take it slowwwwwwly. :-) Good luck, and enjoy Egypt. It's wonderful!!!

Thank you for replying! I hate to admit this but, we met online. Yes I know what you're probably thinking and believe me I think the same way. How can I really know/trust him if we've never actually met in person? I feel I know him and his family. I know it may sound silly. I remember the first time I called him and his sister answered and I almost hung up because I was nervous. I asked for him and she immediatly knew who I was although we had never spoken before. She spent the next five minutes telling me how much he talks about me and how happy she was to speak to me. Before getting him on the line, the phone was passed around to his other sisters who were all equally excited and friendly. The reason why I posted is that I want to be certain about all this before I travel half way around the world. Thanks again for your response and well wishes!

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kaldoais:
Thank you for replying! I hate to admit this but, we met online. Yes I know what you're probably thinking and believe me I think the same way. How can I really know/trust him if we've never actually met in person? I feel I know him and his family. I know it may sound silly. I remember the first time I called him and his sister answered and I almost hung up because I was nervous. I asked for him and she immediatly knew who I was although we had never spoken before. She spent the next five minutes telling me how much he talks about me and how happy she was to speak to me. Before getting him on the line, the phone was passed around to his other sisters who were all equally excited and friendly. The reason why I posted is that I want to be certain about all this before I travel half way around the world. Thanks again for your response and well wishes!

Don't be worried about meeting online. I met my fiance online as well, although it's different in that we live very close to one another and have had a traditional dating relationship from there.

I think it's a good sign he is very open about you with his family. One of the things I've read about Islamic marriage and what I've discovered from my fiance's family is that the relationship's being public and out in the open is very important. My fiance's 45 so his parents are a bit older and not quite comfortable with the thought of American-style dating. But it's important to them that U. (fiance) holds me out as his fiance to all his colleagues and friends and family.

I think it's important to be cautious until you meet. I know it's hard to reign feelings in, but you know what you can and cannot withstand as far as emotional disappointment and possibly heartbreak are concerned. My fiance is the only Egyptian guy I know so it's hard for me to judge. He's such a wonderful guy with great integrity, honesty, and compassion. I honestly have not met an American man (single anyway) who has been as good a soul as him. So I personally think all Egyptians are great, based on him! And it's totally possible your friend is great, too!

If I were you, I'd remain optimistic, yet realistic. Have you ever been to Egypt? I found it to be beautiful but it was a bit disorienting, mostly because I didn't speak the language at all. Do you have a backup plan if he doesn't meet you at the airport? If he says all of a sudden you can't stay with his family? Do you have enough money to take to get an immediate return flight if you need to?

I know some people talk about Egyptian guys taking advantage of foreign women, but my only experiences with Egyptians period have been so warm, so honest, it's hard for me to picture the other side.

If you go to Cairo (is it Cairo?) and for some reason need help, I can give you my fiance's family phone number and they will look out for you. They are truly giving and caring that way. I'm serious about that. Just make sure you have a backup plan. I hope it works out wonderfully for you, as it has and hopefully (God willing) will continue to do so for me. :-)

Hope for the best but plan for the worst.

Susan

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

quote:
Don't be worried about meeting online. I met my fiance online as well, although it's different in that we live very close to one another and have had a traditional dating relationship from there.

I think it's a good sign he is very open about you with his family. One of the things I've read about Islamic marriage and what I've discovered from my fiance's family is that the relationship's being public and out in the open is very important. My fiance's 45 so his parents are a bit older and not quite comfortable with the thought of American-style dating. But it's important to them that U. (fiance) holds me out as his fiance to all his colleagues and friends and family.

I think it's important to be cautious until you meet. I know it's hard to reign feelings in, but you know what you can and cannot withstand as far as emotional disappointment and possibly heartbreak are concerned. My fiance is the only Egyptian guy I know so it's hard for me to judge. He's such a wonderful guy with great integrity, honesty, and compassion. I honestly have not met an American man (single anyway) who has been as good a soul as him. So I personally think all Egyptians are great, based on him! And it's totally possible your friend is great, too!

If I were you, I'd remain optimistic, yet realistic. Have you ever been to Egypt? I found it to be beautiful but it was a bit disorienting, mostly because I didn't speak the language at all. Do you have a backup plan if he doesn't meet you at the airport? If he says all of a sudden you can't stay with his family? Do you have enough money to take to get an immediate return flight if you need to?

I know some people talk about Egyptian guys taking advantage of foreign women, but my only experiences with Egyptians period have been so warm, so honest, it's hard for me to picture the other side.

If you go to Cairo (is it Cairo?) and for some reason need help, I can give you my fiance's family phone number and they will look out for you. They are truly giving and caring that way. I'm serious about that. Just make sure you have a backup plan. I hope it works out wonderfully for you, as it has and hopefully (God willing) will continue to do so for me. :-)

Hope for the best but plan for the worst.

Susan

Thank you so much Susan! I just got off the phone with him a few minutes ago, I miss him already. We spent the last hour (don't worry I use phone cards )talking about me going there and how excited he and his family are. I asked him exactly how much his parents know about me and our relationship and he said they know that he loves me and that I will be going there to meet them and see how they live and see if we still love each other when we're together in person and if we still want to marry each other after that. He already has a plan of when he will get me from the airport and if I arrive early or late. He told me to be sure I have his home and mobile number in case of emergency. I want to be sure about him but I still have to have that little voice telling me to be cautious, just in case. It's funny because I tell him my fears and he laughs and says "Will you think of everything bad, habibity?" He told me if it would make me feel better he will go stay in the airport from now. It sounds like you have a great relationship with your fiance and his family, mashallah. My habibi lives in Alex. I am beside myself with excitement as you can imagine. I wish you and your fiance the best of luck in the future. Thank you for the advice, it is much needed at this time. If you would like to contact me I would love that, kaldoais@hotmail.com. Thanks again!!!

daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
Originally posted by kaldoais:
If you would like to contact me I would love that, kaldoais@hotmail.com. Thanks again!!!

Thanks! I emailed you from bluebottle.com. Have a good night.

Susan

kep
Member # 8338

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cherrysfi,i wanted to know have you met his family yet and whreabouts in eurpoe are you from?
Posts: 10 | From: uk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Summerxx
Member # 9326

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Summerxx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have just been reading a few of the letters on this page regarding Egyptian men,all I can say I have first hand experiance on them, the good,bad and the damn ugly,lets not tar them all with the same brush as I have some wonderful Egyptian freinds in Luxor some of them for over 10 years, but if i can be of any help to anyone who is in a dilema post me a reply and maybe we can swap e mail addys!!!
Posts: 9 | From: england | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Imhemazi
Member # 9332

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Imhemazi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this is funny to me
Posts: 5 | From: memphis, tn | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Imhemazi:
this is funny to me

As far as I am concerned, if he has a big dick and he hands over all the money he has to you and his future earnings he's trustworthy.

Otherwise he's not.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angelcake
Member # 5624

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Angelcake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Laughed untill I cried, Sonomod you are priceless. This is the best advice I have read on egyptsearch.
Posts: 17 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Angelcake:
Laughed untill I cried, Sonomod you are priceless. This is the best advice I have read on egyptsearch.

I am reading yet another book on Egypt from an anthropological perspective.

You cannot be irrational when it comes to marriage in Egypt or with an Egyptian.

Love marriages is highly suspect and for loonies.

If he doesn't hand his income over to you, there is something wrong with him.

Then of course if he doesn't have a big dick then his thoughts won't be so masculine and he'll think too much and about the wrong things.

Men and thinking, kinda like blood pressure, you don't want to much pressure and you want the flow in the right places (i.e. as far from the brain as possible)!

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cute_guy_1984
Member # 7512

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cute_guy_1984     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
heyyyyyyyy
its just very simple
iam a man and iam telling u if any man wants from a girl anything more than her love then he is a lier

Posts: 6 | From: cairo/egypt | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cute_guy_1984
Member # 7512

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for cute_guy_1984     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
heyyyyyyyy
its just very simple
iam a man and iam telling u if any man wants from a girl anything more than her love then he is a lier

Posts: 6 | From: cairo/egypt | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why is anybody digging out these old crap threads????
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nooralhaq20055
Member # 9255

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nooralhaq20055     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sonomod:
I am reading yet another book on Egypt from an anthropological perspective.

You cannot be irrational when it comes to marriage in Egypt or with an Egyptian.

Love marriages is highly suspect and for loonies.

If he doesn't hand his income over to you, there is something wrong with him.

Then of course if he doesn't have a big dick then his thoughts won't be so masculine and he'll think too much and about the wrong things.

Men and thinking, kinda like blood pressure, you don't want to much pressure and you want the flow in the right places (i.e. as far from the brain as possible)!

Sonomod I thought of you when I received this email from my mother, enjoy:

Once upon a time there was a female brain cell who accidentally ended up in a man's head. She looked around nervously but it was all empty and quiet.

"Hello?" she cried, but no answer. "Is there anyone here?" she cried a little louder, but still no answer.

Now the female brain cell started to feel alone and scared and yelled at the top of her voice, "HELLO! IS THERE ANYONE HERE?"

Then she heard a very faint voice from far, far away...

"We're down here!"

Posts: 1074 | From: Menufia, Egypt | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redmarrakesh
Member # 8201

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for redmarrakesh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nooralhaq20055:
Sonomod I thought of you when I received this email from my mother, enjoy:

Once upon a time there was a female brain cell who accidentally ended up in a man's head. She looked around nervously but it was all empty and quiet.

"Hello?" she cried, but no answer. "Is there anyone here?" she cried a little louder, but still no answer.

Now the female brain cell started to feel alone and scared and yelled at the top of her voice, "HELLO! IS THERE ANYONE HERE?"

Then she heard a very faint voice from far, far away...

"We're down here!"

HaHaHa
you guys here know cool jokes I never heard of
do you have anymore of these??

*laughs again*

Posts: 182 | From: greece | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nooralhaq20055
Member # 9255

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nooralhaq20055     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my mom sends me all mine, she's the crazy one in the family
Posts: 1074 | From: Menufia, Egypt | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riin
Member # 9455

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Riin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I met too one Egyptian man who loves me and want that I come to Egypt and live with him. I met him in Sharm el Sheikh in a shop. He made me presents everyday and saw he laves me and I'm his queen and angel and soul etc. Now he everyday send me messages and some times call me. He know that I don't love him, but he loves me and want to live with me. Actually I want live in Egypt, but now I know that I don't want to live with Egyptian man.
Posts: 3 | From: Estonia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I think it's a good sign he is very open about you with his family.

Unfortunately it is not necessarily a good sign. As you probably know (it's been mentioned on this board a million times) in the overwhelming majority of cases an Egyptian family would not let their son's girlfriend or fiancée stay under the same roof. In cases where it happens the family might just "play along" in order for her son to get money, the visa etc.

I would be very careful ...

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dalia:
quote:
I think it's a good sign he is very open about you with his family.

Unfortunately it is not necessarily a good sign. As you probably know (it's been mentioned on this board a million times) in the overwhelming majority of cases an Egyptian family would not let their son's girlfriend or fiancée stay under the same roof. In cases where it happens the family might just "play along" in order for her son to get money, the visa etc.

I would be very careful ...

Great point. For a respected and self respecting Muslim family it is unimaginable to allow a woman other then their son's legal wife to stay under their roof. I would be VERY careful as well, it never hurts. [Smile]
Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andi
Member # 9475

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
o understand that a lot can npt understand a real love..read my topic i sent few minutes ago..i put you a copy..a real love could be born hear about your heart,,just to visit you it is not easy but he can do by another invitation aqually it is easier to get visa when a man send to him.if you do it will be refused..my topic

Rate Member posted 11 November, 2005 10:33 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
anyway i wrote here few days ago..and don't find what i wrote..i do again cause i really don't know..
i sayed she is from germany, came 3 monthes ago with her friend..she says she loves him..i could feel it..he is also my freiend..i could never think that i could love his girlfriend..
they came for a holiday in some where in red sea..i met them and spent all 14 days and nights with them..and through the vacation i found that my realationship doesn't seem so normal as before..i feelt that i wanna see her every day..she does also same,,
she went and i learned her chat and even i made a chat name for her and we met on internet twice a week..
she came with her daughter few days ago..and we tried to stop this feeling..cause she has this boy friend and i am married..
we couldn't brake this strong love..we did a lot we even couldn't separate by the last few nights,,we've been together even nights in my secound flat..we didn't make love cause we wanted to be faithful to our life partners..her boyfriend and my wife..
i met a lot through my work with tourists..and i did a lot..but i never felt what i feel with her
she has been married before..and now live with her boyfriend almost 8 years..but she confessed that she also love me..just today in a phone call
she can't concentrate anymore of her work..she even told her mam about me and told her boyfriend that she feels that she love me..i also talk with my wife about it..i feel happy of this love..i don't want it to be broken..it is the love of my life..same for her..don't talk about that we must ceperate,,we can't..i have an invitation to germany and i am going to get visa..just to see her for a couple of days..i get crazy
i don't want to live in germany..but i just wanna see her..she also want this
we chat now every day more than 3 hours..and we write smsb a lot..
what could we do?
i do really love her.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posts: 25 | From: Eg | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OneLoveOnePeople
Member # 9667

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for OneLoveOnePeople     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wnat to visit egypt for the beautiful sites and the enjoy the magnitude of one of the beautiful wonders of the world, it should be that simple, I dont understand how women become tangled up in all of this mess...Im not judging, just confused about that is all....
Posts: 100 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by OneLoveOnePeople:
I wnat to visit egypt for the beautiful sites and the enjoy the magnitude of one of the beautiful wonders of the world, it should be that simple, I dont understand how women become tangled up in all of this mess...Im not judging, just confused about that is all....

People are very stupid with love. We make mistakes all the time.

But when there is religious and cultural rifts it is certainly enjoyable to bring your ethnocentricism, biases, and personal experience from/to the wounded process.

So much of people's true colors come out in these matters. And most people are color blind to them.

Noralhaq great joke, I don't know how I missed it all these months. Thats going to be mass emailed for weeks! [Big Grin]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com