EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Just wonder...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Just wonder...
yoghurt
Member # 6146

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yoghurt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey you all...
I have been reading all these stories here on this forum and other forums as well and I wonder about something...
See the stories are about all these, mostly, elderly western women with money that marries a poor(as in no money) young egyptian boy that they usually have met on their vacation in Egypt...and now they wonder if it could be love...and then lots of people on the forum tell them that it's more likely the money...or just a VISA to their country...+ I have also read many of the other posts on how egyptian men are suppose to be and all that...
So, now I just wonder...if it's the other way around then...if it's the egyptian man that has all the money and he still wants to marry the poor(as in no money) western woman...even wants her to come and stay with him in Egypt...could it be love then?
[Smile] just wonder...feel free to comment if you want....
Have a great day!

Posts: 23 | From: Sweden | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sora
Member # 8159

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sora     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's only my opinion but I beleive there are more love in the air than richer western women and poor Egyptians...

Not that it works 100% though....

I just can't imagine a western women marrying an Egyptian just to get the VISA here... [Roll Eyes]

Sora [Smile]

Posts: 181 | From: By the River Nile - Cairo | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nami_pamker
Member # 6486

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for nami_pamker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A rich Egyptian marrying a poor even in the West? I have to see it to believe it! LOLL
[Big Grin]

Posts: 140 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It does happen. But then she takes off for her home country with a ring with a huge rock and loads of expensive gifts.

The idiot rich guy actual goes along with her suggestion of a "orfi" marriage so its not recognized in her home country.

I've heard of Russian women doing it. Yet, recently some gulible lass who is not exactly a "prize" catch for an Egyptian woman (drugs and alcohol issues, let alone rage) had bought a $20,000 USD ring for an American women (while drunk) and she took off with it. Well after threatening legal action on ET I guess he's given up.

Good for him, he needed to learn a valuable lesson and he has.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
puppy
Member # 6116

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for puppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yoghurt [Smile]

I have egyptian husband, he have money, i dont have. He is a boss, i'm just "worker".. We live in egypt,because it was more easy for me to move here..He dont want move to finland..
He married me with true love. I cant find any other reason..i make his life terrible..i complain ,complain and complain again [Smile]
But we stil happy..amazing.

My husband's ex-wife was egyptian. He was not planning to marry foreigner, but i took his hearth ...

Posts: 263 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
he_love 21
Member # 7690

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for he_love 21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmmmmmm, one nice story to puppy
dont wanna heard sad story anymore beetween Egyptian men and western woman [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 184 | From: Maadi-Cairo | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neffeertari
Member # 9440

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for neffeertari     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Puppy you are a real EXCEPTION. If you are living in Egypt I am sure you understand why I am telling so.
Posts: 108 | From: London | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neffeertari
Member # 9440

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for neffeertari     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Puppy you are a real EXCEPTION. If you are living in Egypt I am sure you understand why I am telling so.
Posts: 108 | From: London | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andi
Member # 9475

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if 90% of stories damages before it begin.or even cause there are other reason..the rest is real love..wanna say here..many western comes here and they get surprised of eg man and they start to copare of own country..many of this find comparing is positiv to eg man..i don't wanna say they are better..but i say they are so gentlemen..and treat women in such way they like..and they lost in there country cause of stress they have..i am really sorry for this situation..but egyptian men are so lucky cause they have more time for love.
Posts: 25 | From: Eg | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
puppy
Member # 6116

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for puppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
neffeertari, yes i know...our story is exception in egypt. and i like it this way..i dont want to be a similar with others..
And i want to give u a living proof..that mixed marriage works, nothing matter..just personalities..love cover all problems,what we get from religion or culture differences.

Posts: 263 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neffeertari
Member # 9440

Member Rated:
I agree with you...it is not the religion or the tradition it is the character which makes a problem between mix marriages here.
And Andi, please, go to other countries to see how men are treating women before expressing this opinion .
Egyptian men are more gentleman??? I was laughing about this comment for almost five minutes...
Maybe for a Russian or East European woman they are since their men there are usually cold, but for Latin Americans, they are a bad copy of the traditional and loving gentleman.

Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found Egyptian men ( based on knowing one closely and also knowing his friends and all their stories about girlfriendss etc) to be very charming, and really quite abnormally emotional. I do think that they have a good sense of humour, but usually not about themselves.I think they have nice accents anyway ( cairenes do at least).
I also find they have long memories and tend to over romanticise things. But then Im saying that from a perspective of an aussie girl so who knows-I could be terribly cold and pragmatic haha

Posts: 872 | From: Sydney | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neffeertari
Member # 9440

Member Rated:
Quite abnormally emotional...this is the main problem...easy comes, easy goes...
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Andi:
if 90% of stories damages before it begin.or even cause there are other reason..the rest is real love..wanna say here..many western comes here and they get surprised of eg man and they start to copare of own country..many of this find comparing is positiv to eg man..i don't wanna say they are better..but i say they are so gentlemen..and treat women in such way they like..and they lost in there country cause of stress they have..i am really sorry for this situation..but egyptian men are so lucky cause they have more time for love.

So you are biased and couldn't possibly see anything negative in a person that happens to be male and happens to be Egyptian.

That type of stereotyping is as bad as the negative stereotyping.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sonomod:
It does happen. But then she takes off for her home country with a ring with a huge rock and loads of expensive gifts.

The idiot rich guy actual goes along with her suggestion of a "orfi" marriage so its not recognized in her home country.

I've heard of Russian women doing it. Yet, recently some gulible lass who is not exactly a "prize" catch for an Egyptian woman (drugs and alcohol issues, let alone rage) had bought a $20,000 USD ring for an American women (while drunk) and she took off with it. Well after threatening legal action on ET I guess he's given up.

LOL, that ET "story" you told is completely untrue but I don't blame you jumping to such silly conclusions as you generously filled in the gaps from a one-sided, angry post written by people you know nothing about.
Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
englishgirl6441
Member # 9961

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for englishgirl6441     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for everyones help. [Smile]
Posts: 7 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ahmeds
Member # 9277

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ahmeds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
for what englishgirl ? [Smile]

ur welcome any way ^_^

Ahmed

--------------------
if i weren't an egyptian , i would be an egyptian , [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 295 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
borat
Member # 9599

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for borat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I work with 3 egyptian men. All 3 married english women, all live in Uk. They are educated, professional men ( doctors ). I know their wives and children and happier families you could not meet. They are charming, polite, emotional,kind and generous. They live for their wives and children. One up for the egyptian male!! They are definetly more romantic, and thoughtful. Yes there are good and bad in any race. Dont give the egyptian males such a hard time, just because you may have had bad experiences please. My egy husband is my world. I dont feel loved I feel adored. He would die for me. I in return am devoted to him totally. In every way they are different from the usual english man!! certainly the ones I meet, know , work with, live among!!! allhammdullah
Posts: 57 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by ExptinCAI:
quote:
Originally posted by sonomod:

LOL, that ET "story" you told is completely untrue but I don't blame you jumping to such silly conclusions as you generously filled in the gaps from a one-sided, angry post written by people you know nothing about.
Actually that wasn't me, it was posted by an Egyptian male and he deleted the thread on his own.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com