EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » prevention child abduction

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: prevention child abduction
Illi
Member # 9582

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Illi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How can child abduction be prevented?

Would this be enough:

* not being married
* lastname of mother
* children in passport mother only
* child not recognized by father
* child not registered in ambassy or in Egypt
* child has nationality of mother

Will there be still a change the father can kidnap the child? Can a fathet register the kids without any papers in Egypt when the are older?
What about an ambassy...what can they do with black money of the father?

I hope somebody has an answer. Thanx for answering

Posts: 2 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From where to where? By whom? From whom?
Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
citizen
Member # 1344

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for citizen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If the child is not recognized by the father, presumably he would not want to abduct it. Also the father can't register the child without a birth certificate. Is his name on the birth certificate?
Posts: 1039 | From: Cairo | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Illi
Member # 9582

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Illi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
His name is not on birthcertificate.

You said that the baby can't be registered without certificate....but what if he is gonna pay a lot of money???? Somebody it is possible with money....

Posts: 2 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sora
Member # 8159

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sora     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If the name of his father is not on the birth certificate, he can't take your baby by all means.

I want to beleive that money has no role in this...

Hope you are living out of Egypt.

Sora

Posts: 181 | From: By the River Nile - Cairo | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This makes no sense. Did he not want the baby and you had it, his name is not on the certificate... and now he changed his mind and he is saying he's the father and he's going to register the birth as him being the father?

Simply take your birth certificate, get your baby registered with your foreign embassy, put it on your passport - so the baby has your citizenship only.

Ask your embassy whether egyptian family law can force you as a foreign resident to have a paternity test done on another foreign citizen (your baby). I can't see that they can. And if they can, ask if an egyptian father has any rights outside of marriage.

We read so many stories about how an unregistered orfi marriage isn't a real marriage and so the woman has no legal rights to claim child support, the man can simply deny the child is his, etc. And this is between 2 egyptians. It seems really unlikely that if you two are single and you're a foreign citizen - he would have any rights.

Or, are you two married now?!

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ilse
Member # 6586

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ilse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No we are not married. The reason why he didn't recognized the kid is because I didn't want 2 have a child with him because I was afraid of child abduction. Then he said ok, i won't regognize it till he is 18 to prove that I won't take the child.

But now he wants 2 abduct the child. By the way, I am not seeing him anymore. And we are living in Europe.

Do u really think that the father needs the (original) birthcertificate to prove it is his child???

Posts: 5 | From: Idmen | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Illi, if you did not want the child in the first place, why on Earth did u have it?!?!? Does the fact of not seeing him any more mean he lives far from you? Also, it depends what country you are living in - and if your government will allow him to leave it with the baby with incomplete/shady papers.
Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ilse, do you live in Holland? If you are so concerned about him abducting the son (did he tell you this in person? - this would be more then threatening) then stay the hell away from him, don't let him know where you are located, get a court order that he is not allowed to come and visit the child. Your relationship to your ex doesn't sound healthy at all. You don't have any obligations towards him since you weren't even married to each other, yes he is the biological father but there is no official paper just nothing that would give him the right to take the child away from you. Break off all contacts to your ex-boyfriend if you don't want to end up in a lifelong heartbreak. Seek legal advice. All the best for your and your son for the future.
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Illi:

You said that the baby can't be registered without certificate....but what if he is gonna pay a lot of money???? Somebody it is possible with money....

Lets put this in concrete terms:

1. Not too many Egyptians will put money before their ethnic pride. To a clerk this appears to be "buying" nationality. And it will be difficult to find a clerk who hates himself enough to "sell" Egyptian nationality. Besides the fact that Egyptian really truly hate the idea of legitimizing a "bastard" or "illegitimate" child. So really its two fold, nationality and the child being "illegitimate.

2. Second aspect is politics. This could create an hurricane of disapproval internationally. Forging identification papers for terrorism is one thing, but for child abduction its another. Besides the likelihood of getting caught forging these documents is almost a guarantee. And then non-Egyptian bureacracy will be able to audit their systems and put in external controls. The clerks would rather not be exposed for the entire breadth of their corruption. This will out them for sure.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ilse, take note of what Tiger and Sono are saying!!
Firstly, keep away from Egypt.. he'll find it difficult to get to Europe without an invitation.... and even more difficult to get the child oput of the country....
and secondly... money can buy anything in Egypt, agreed, but corruption is not so easy again in Europe!!
Best wishes!!!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont know anything about where you are but here in the states if the child is born in the states both parents must sign a paper in front of a notary to be able to get a passport for the child. With out the passport the child does not leave the country. I found this only because i wanted to bring my children with me only for a visit to egypt and checked into getting their passports. If your child is not born in egypt and is not registered with egypt i dont see how he can take your child, unless you yourself take that child into egypt, then you have problems. As far as him taking your child out of where ever you live, i hope for your sake that the process of getting a visa for the child is as difficult as it is here and that both parents must sign

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
another thing you may try since you mention child passport mother only is to contact your government to put an alert on the childs passport number so that they will check id of anyone traveling with the child and prove that they are you... ask a lawyer, this is the best solution to all your questions.

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com