EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Women Genetically Programmed to Cheat

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Women Genetically Programmed to Cheat
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jan. 4, 2006 — Two new studies find that women may be genetically predisposed to cheating on their partners.

One study published today by the University of California, Los Angeles Center on Behavior, Culture, and Evolution and the University of New Mexico says women have evolved to cheat on their mates during the most fertile part of their cycle, but only when those mates are less sexually attractive than other men.

Genetic Factors Influence Female Infidelity -Study

The study in the Journal of Hormones and Behavior examined 38 coeds from one large, unidentified U.S. university.

"We found that women were most attracted to men other than their primary partner when they were in the high fertility phase of the menstrual cycle," said Dr. Martie Haselton, a UCLA researcher. "That's the day of ovulation and several days beforehand."

A related study, which will be published in Evolution and Human Behavior, finds that women are more likely to fantasize about men other than their mates, but only when they don't consider their mates to be particularly sexy. That UCLA study examined 43 normally ovulating women.

"We're claiming the desire to cheat is what evolved in women, that they may notice they have these desires at a certain point in their cycle," said Elizabeth Pillsworth, co-author of the study and an assistant professor of communication and psychology at UCLA. "Whether they translate into unfaithful behaviors is a matter of their own choosing. Cheating is a choice."

A 2004 ABC News poll found that men were almost twice as likely to cheat as women, with 21 percent of men admitting to cheating compared to 11 percent of women.

"The exception was women who have very sexually attractive partners," Pillsworth said. "These women did not flirt with other men when they were at high fertility."

Pillsworth said that the cheating was linked to humans' ancient past when women looked for men with strong characteristics, and strong genes, to carry on the human race.

The studies also suggest that males are able to sense, on some level, when women are more likely to cheat and that they become more jealous. If a man's partner is physically attractive, however, he is in a jealous and "mate-guarding" mode all the time, regardless of her cycle.

"Women who are most attractive are most fertile, and they also tend to be the targets of other men to steal them away," Pillsworth said.

Pillsworth said she hoped the studies helped women to understand their feelings.

"I hope the message women get is that they can use this information to realize their biology is toying with their desires and to ask themselves, 'Am I going to let that run my life, my sexual decision-making?' " Pillsworth said. "For the men I would say not to be too fearful of these findings. While women may notice other men during this part of their cycle, unfaithful behavior is relatively rare."

http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/OnCall/story?id=1469078

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sadeeqy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Women Genetically Programmed to Cheat
...or chat... [Big Grin]
Posts: 1744 | From: Romania | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Asoom
Member # 8611

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Asoom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:
Jan. 4, 2006 — Two new studies find that women may be genetically predisposed to cheating on their partners.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/OnCall/story?id=1469078

plz snoozin Edit it now,
i can Edit the sentence 4 you: men ARE Genetically predisposed to Cheat on their partner

Posts: 968 | From: www | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sadeeqy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"What's the difference between men and women?
...A woman wants one man to satisfy her every need
... A man wants every woman to satisfy his one need." [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 1744 | From: Romania | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin]

I think we as humans are genetically inclined to sleep around. But I think that makes a monogamous relationship even more special....and civilized...

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ' Sharon Stone '     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People are not genetically predisposed to have cheating behavior. How can genes be responsible for morals and/or moral values? [Big Grin] It's impossible.
Posts: 989 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mi feng
Member # 9378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mi feng     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This study follows on the heels of another that suggested women were more attracted to less masculine, or more feminine facial features in men, such as a soft jawline, for the majority of their menstrual cycle. However, when the women were within the ovulation window, they were far more attracted to very masculine features, such as a strong jaw, and maybe even more facial hair.
The idea being that when not in ovulation a woman preferred a less sexy and more friendly mate, while when ovulating, she wanted the serious stud.
I'm always cautious about these kinds of studies, but it does kind of explain the teeny-bopper hormone that makes girls crazy for guys that in 10 years will look like girls to her. Haha.
It also made me wonder if most virile men are always in the "ovulation window" and thus powerfully affected by feminine characteristics. Uh-oh, I don't want to offend any sensitive men.
I wont let any men I know see that study, but thanks snoozin' [Razz]

Posts: 1161 | From: wo xiang xiao bian ji si le | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sadeeqy:
... A man wants every woman to satisfy his one need." [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Yep, now I know: I am a hermaphrodite!!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*tigerman*
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *tigerman*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sadeeqy:

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] ROFL .... Racist comment ...WE ARE NOT THAT BAD ...there are pigs and there are dogs ..but still there are humans ...
Posts: 2691 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KeepinItReal
Member # 7946

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KeepinItReal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A study conducted by UCLA's Department of Psychiatry has revealed that the kind of face a woman finds attractive on a man can differ depending on where she is in her menstrual cycle.

For example, if she is ovulating, she is attracted to men with rugged
and masculine features. However, if she is menstruating, or menopausal,
she tends to be more attracted to a man with scissors lodged in his temple
and tape over his mouth while he is on fire.

Further studies are expected.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 1063 | From: Oregon | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*tigerman*
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *tigerman*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KeepinItReal:

if she is ovulating, she is attracted to men with rugged and masculine features. However, if she is menstruating, or menopausal,
she tends to be more attracted to a man with scissors lodged in his temple
and tape over his mouth while he is on fire.

Further studies are expected.

[Big Grin]

Is there such a study for men ....
Posts: 2691 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KeepinItReal
Member # 7946

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KeepinItReal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerman:
[QUOTE]Is there such a study for men ....

Hmmm, I don't know. Since us ladies are perfect and never complicated or moody(joking), I can't imagine why a man would ever want to lodge scissors in our heads and light us on fire. LOL [Big Grin]
Posts: 1063 | From: Oregon | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com