EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » WILL HE HAVE TO GO???????

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WILL HE HAVE TO GO???????
amrssnowangel
Member # 6789

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for amrssnowangel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
I have read this forum for almost 2 years and this is my first post.

My Egyptian BF lives in Cairo. He finishes University soon and will do his paperwork for the military. He has one married older brother with a family. He is the last one home and his father is 60. His mom has health issues.

My question: Does anyone know in what situations he could be exempt from the military? Im not talking marriage..but other reasons, like being the only son at home. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

Posts: 100 | From: Fredericksburg, VA, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i dont really know that much about this issue. but i have heard that if the father is over 60 there is a possibility that the son would be exempted from service.
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
candy
Member # 10393

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for candy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's not the only son u have said he as older brother married, then he ill not be exempted
Posts: 149 | From: england | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amrsangel
Member # 10344

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for amrsangel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He has an older MARRIED brother with a wife and baby. That won't make a difference? Also, I understand that they only take what they need in each graduating class based on thier studies. If they have no need for say...an engineer in a specific field ...then they don't take them..but would he have to serve at a later time then? Once exempted is that forever?
Posts: 5 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ShannonAmr
Member # 10352

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ShannonAmr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It doesn't sound like he'd be exempt, but he CAN pay to stay out of the military. My fiance does this. He will have to pay until he's 30, I believe... and than he'll never have to worry about it again.
Posts: 130 | From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ShannonAmr
Member # 10352

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ShannonAmr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't it strange that there are THREE "Amr"s in this chat... [Smile]
Posts: 130 | From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why would he want to escape his duty, my husband didn't. It wasn't pleasant but he did it. I think it made him the man he is today and I am proud he didn't try and get out of it.

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amrssnowangel
Member # 6789

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for amrssnowangel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Akshar, it's odd how people interpret things. Let me clear up any confusion. I never said he wanted to escape his military duty. I was questioning in what cases he would be exempt. It stems from my own fears.

SannonAmr: not so strange since the name AMR is sooooooo common (at least that's what I hope..could they all be the same???) (kidding) But do tell me....how did he PAY to stay out of the military, and was he still able to travel? So he is paying like a fine/bribe to stay out? May I ask how much or if its a lot he has to pay?

Once again to keep this clear. My guy ISN'T looking for a way out. Its ME that wants the education.

Thanks for all the insight.

Posts: 100 | From: Fredericksburg, VA, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com