EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Only Egyptian or all Middle Eastern Men?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Only Egyptian or all Middle Eastern Men?
anthropos
Member # 9410

Icon 5 posted      Profile for anthropos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everybody,

As everybody knows who reads this forum its members are at times very interested or obsessed with "bad Egyptian men" and their allegedly dishonest ways.

So in the spirit of generalisations I ask you:

IS THIS THE CASE WITH ALL MIDDLE EASTERN MEN? or is Egypt the black sheep of the heard?

Posts: 2184 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Honey.. ITS WITH ALL MEN!!
Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good point. [Wink] Dishonesty knows no limitations as far as where one lives. There are dishonest men (and women!) in every country of the world.
Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm..my Egyptian guy - the only one I ever dated - is so nice and mellow and happy and caring. Nothing like some of these horror stories you hear on ES.

On the other hand, since 98% of the men I've dated have been American, I can tell you some troubling stories about them. [Wink]

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tutu3in1
Member # 10460

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tutu3in1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Over the past year, I have dated one man only to find out later that he was married to someone else. Another man, I married, not knowing him well enough and found out he had been arrested for child abuse. These, both, being Americans. There are bad sheep everywhere.
Posts: 9 | From: United States | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Anthropos:
Hello everybody,

As everybody knows who reads this forum its members are at times very interested or obsessed with "bad Egyptian men" and their allegedly dishonest ways.

So in the spirit of generalisations I ask you:

IS THIS THE CASE WITH ALL MIDDLE EASTERN MEN? or is Egypt the black sheep of the heard?

Don't listen to people on this forum. Some just want to bring others down. There are good and bad in every bunch and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that. Some people are just hateful. It's even harder being a foreign woman married to an Egyptian man, some people here assume he is using us or our marriages are orfi or whatever. As another poster said, 'some are just racist'.
The Egyptian man I am married to is, by far, the the nicest man I've ever known. It doesn't mean all Egyptian men are the same way, but it should testify that not all are bad or scheming.
It's unfortunate that you always hear about the bad things, and rarely about the good things. This might cause some to assume everything is bad. What a sad would that would be if it were true.

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it depends where you live.
In australia the lebanese guys have the honour of being the " worst" arabs -I mean as a boyfriend or whatsoever.If people say they have a lebanese boyfriend/girlfriend the first thought is " drug dealer/illiterate family/already married "

In Indonesia its the yemenis they like and the iraqis,persians( iranians) and north africans like algerians they call mean.Probably because this was the immigration route illegally-like you go to malaysia without visa as a muslim( they will let you in ) hop on a boat to indonesia and wait to get smuggled to australia or nz and make asylum.Maybe this why I dont know.

Posts: 872 | From: Sydney | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually what about women? Are they afforded the same stereotyping?
If your a western guy married to an arabic woman ?
Like in Indonesia( amongst chinese) if you say the girl is from an area called pontianak,
( Kalimantan)immediately people hide their family fortunes and lock up their sons.
And its the reverse if the guys from medan-then they lock up the daughters!

Posts: 872 | From: Sydney | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to say but I'm gonna have to say all Middle Eastern men. It's not only the Egyptians. My ex (not Egyptian) can be one of the nicest, helpful guys around but he can also be one of the sneakiest, sweet talkin', bullshittin', liars also. Here in Michigan we have a HUGE Mid Eastern population. I think the Lebanese have the worst reps of them all (in Michigan). They pretty much think they're God's gift to women. I dig how some of them wear their hair all greased back and wear tight pants trying to be all sexy. That cracks me right up! I was at the airport last Thursday to pick up my sons and I saw some swarmy looking characters (Yemeni)waiting to pick up loved ones. One of them had the slick, greazy hair, tight pants, and a huge belt buckle that said "Ali". LOL! Arab men sure have a unique style [Big Grin] I've also found that the longer they stay in the states (and the younger they are when they get here) the worse they act.
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mi feng
Member # 9378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mi feng     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, mmmm, we have the same scene here where I live in the US. The Lebnan guys, many times, are gambling, drinking, abusing etc. They have a tendency to really rip people off big time, esp in business. Famed for taking huge loans or credit card cash-out funds and taking off. They have a habit of sleeping with any girl they see, but expect to go back to Leb and marry a virgin. The ones I have assisted with immigration stuff have been Christian, and this is their behavior.
I can't believe no one is coming on this thread to scream about the stereotyping!
One important thing to remember is that people may post stuff on here to warn others. If you didn't know about the gigilos in Sharm, for example, you might be more easily "swept off your feet." I think forums like these most often hear from the "victim" too late, after they've already been swindled!!!!
The domestic violence stuff, laws pertaining to the protection of women and their children, etc etc, even cultural considerations are really important for anyone planning to raise children in Egypt. The idea that you are able to just pick up and run away if things aren't as you want them to be is really different with a family to consider and children to protect.

Posts: 1161 | From: wo xiang xiao bian ji si le | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for _Masrawi_     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*yawn*
Posts: 2049 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am all boiling up and your yawning!! how rude!
Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for _Masrawi_     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sowwy
Posts: 2049 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
*putting my pillow over my face and screaming as lowdly as I can*
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

call 911?
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Hush.. I am suppose to be angry here!! I am not gonna laugh.. I am not gonna laugh
Gulfy
Member # 10089

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gulfy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
in the gulf, american women are known to be the easiest to sleep with, the least high maintenance, but the fastest to cheat on you!!
Posts: 299 | From: Dubai | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

u already did ... cheater.
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
you destroyed my angry moment here .. damn
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

change threads and it will come back ...
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Serendipity:

Dag, and you cursed too! [Eek!]
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:
quote:

Dag, and you cursed too! [Eek!]
Yup yup yup I am all evil now.. But masrawi is ruin the whole thing!!
daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
But masrawi is ruin the whole thing!!

He's good at that. [Razz]
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gulfy:
in the gulf, american women are known to be the easiest to sleep with, the least high maintenance

And this is just how you like it, don't you, hm????? [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
i know!! I KNOW!! I still cant stop laughing from his comment at the post on the other thread.
Gulfy
Member # 10089

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gulfy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tigerlily wrote:
" And this is just how you like it, don't you, hm?????"

that's the stereotype! is that how you are!!

Posts: 299 | From: Dubai | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

quote:
quote:
But masrawi is ruin the whole thing!!

He's good at that. [Razz]
among other things ... many other things that is.
daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
Originally posted by _Masrawi_:

Heh heh. Anything more important than humor? [Big Grin]
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

quote:
quote:

Heh heh. Anything more important than humor? [Big Grin]
let me not count the ways, my dear ... [Cool]
yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yazid904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Madame M,

You're right. Lebanese do have that characteristic of which you speak! compared to Irani or Turks but I think that the westernization part is a big influence. Lebanese do use a lot of baksheesh to increase their/our influence. Yes. I lived in Dearborn, Ann Arbor and Ypsilani, MI some years ago and even those Lebanese born in Caribbean, South or Central AMerica found the US Lebanese to be /conceited/ to say the least.

Just to say good and bad is in all. Just try choose the good people!

Posts: 1290 | From: usa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yazid,

I work about 10 minutes from Dearborn and go there quite frequently. I also lived in Ann Arbor and Ypsilanti a few years back. How long ago did you live there?

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barbapapa
Member # 10031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbapapa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's strange, here when you talk about a Lebanese, people think they are the best among the Arabs.
But in Egypt, I don't know about the Lebanese men, but Lebanese women are seen as "easy".

Posts: 531 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

there are men in lebanon? [Eek!]
islamway
Member # 10368

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for islamway   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My opnionis that bad and good people are located every where in the world. I believe in my role that the moreyou are good the more good match you gain.
Posts: 1007 | From: http://www.sultan.org | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I thought they only have beautiful girls and multiply in vitro. [Big Grin]
Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Main problem with all the men is testosterone. If we can replace it with something useful (preferably in the fetal phase), we may save the world or two. [Wink]
Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

quote:
Originally posted by Karah_Mia:
quote:

I thought they only have beautiful girls and multiply in vitro. [Big Grin]
You thought right my dear .... [Wink]
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
call 911?

thats a cab firm in Cork i believe?
Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
I agree with you islamfocus.
We get what we give!
Its really good if Tooti and Charm have found partners who are right for them, and who are not these type of cavalier types we hear about.They even admitted these types exist by their threads trying to stop another person from being ripped off, and the occurence of it was shown on one of their english tv shows as a comedy item.
Its always a minefield when you get into navigating a new culture.I made so many mistakes when I first was married living in indonesia, but luckily I was able to adapt in the end.
Cross cultural marriages are HARD work, and there is always gonna be misunderstandings.
We just need to accept that we are all different, not always right or always wrong, just different.
Like I have to believe that the 65 yr old divorced aussie drunk is really marrying the 19 year old indonesian woman for her mind, not because he has 3 other divorces to slightly older indonesian women....And she is marrying him for his respect of her culture and its women....
I mean by saying that that there is truth in every stereotype TO A DEGREE.
And then there are the rest of us who just stumble along trying to be the best humans we can, regardless of race, religion or gender.

Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sadeeqy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerman:
... that will put the world on the path of redemtions ....

The Shawshank Redemption.... [Big Grin]
Posts: 1744 | From: Romania | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreignluvr
Member # 5854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreignluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sadeeqy:
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerman:
... that will put the world on the path of redemtions ....

The Shawshank Redemption.... [Big Grin]
Fantastic movie & so touching...
Posts: 895 | From: Atlanta, GA. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com