EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Define Love

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Define Love
FairyDust
Member # 7138

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted      Profile for FairyDust     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was reading another post the other day that got me to thinking, what is an Egyptian man's definition of love for a woman. I would appreciate only native Egyptian men who are over 25 and who grew up in Egypt answer this question. I hope the ladies will hold off on spoiling the men's thoughts for awhile and I hope the men with give this great thought and actually answer. Don't just try to think of a good sounding answer, be true to yourself.
Posts: 333 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hellraiser
Member # 10722

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hellraiser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chocolate produces the same chemical reaction as "love".

Not going anywhere for a while? Have a Snickers!

Your problem is that you are over-analyzing and putting too much importance on "Egyptian" men; we're just guys, like everyone else on earth, we have our share of weirdos, normal people, complete psychos, religious zealots, the list goes on, and it doesn't differ from one country to the next, save for differences in language, culture etc - the fundamental human qualities however remain the same.

We are not a bunch of Amoebas in a petri-dish, all connected together with identical thoughts and mannerisms.

People are individuals, not group-thinking drones, at least I'm not.

Most Egyptian men who have never left their country will probably respond with a long-winded tirade about how they want to smother the object of their affection with undying love and passion, only to culminate in asking her hand in marriage within 30 minutes of meeting her; this makes me want to gouge my eyes out with an ice-pick.

--------------------
"The true art of a warrior is to balance terror and wonder."

-Carlos Castaneda

Posts: 216 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FairyDust
Member # 7138

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FairyDust     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't say you were all the same, that is why I asked for men to reply, not one man. I have spent a lot of time around Egyptians in America and in Egypt and I have noticed some differences as there are between all cultures, so please humor me. So what is your definition of love, since the men who left the country will say things that make you want to gauge your eyes out. I work with children and parents from all over the world and I ask them all kinds of cultural questions all the time, I like to know what is in their minds, don't turn me into something I am not. Just curious and I am not forcing anyone to answer me.
Posts: 333 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonomod_me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love is not pissing in the kitchen sink.

--------------------
Don't freak out, sonomod, Organized Crime, whatever. If I annoy you its me!

Posts: 1765 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hellraiser
Member # 10722

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hellraiser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Organized Crime:

Love is peeing all over the toilet seat.
Posts: 216 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonomod_me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by hellraiser:
quote:

he, he, he, he, love is not flushing a rather full tampon. And letting it sit in the heat of an unairconditioned apartment in August, until he gets home after 11pm.

I promptly get over to mother's house while he flushes 20 times or so, lights a candle, sprays deodorizer and opens 5 overdue bills....... of his!

He he he he he he......

Posts: 1765 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FairyDust
Member # 7138

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FairyDust     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Come on Egyptian men, are you scared or incapable of sharing your feelings?
anthropos
Member # 9410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"We are not a bunch of Amoebas in a petri-dish, all connected together with identical thoughts and mannerisms"

Hmmmmm and silly me ....I thought that was basically society....

Posts: 2184 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by hellraiser:
quote:

he, he, he, he, love is not flushing a rather full tampon. And letting it sit in the heat of an unairconditioned apartment in August, until he gets home after 11pm.

I promptly get over to mother's house while he flushes 20 times or so, lights a candle, sprays deodorizer and opens 5 overdue bills....... of his!

He he he he he he......

no words
Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anthropos
Member # 9410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"he, he, he, he, love is not flushing a rather full tampon. And letting it sit in the heat of an unairconditioned apartment in August, until he gets home after 11pm."

Hey OC if that is love then what is hate???

Posts: 2184 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2?
Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hellraiser
Member # 10722

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Anthropos:
"We are not a bunch of Amoebas in a petri-dish, all connected together with identical thoughts and mannerisms"

Hmmmmm and silly me ....I thought that was basically society....

You thought wrong.
FairyDust
Member # 7138

Member Rated:
Lots of entertainment, but still no REAL answers to my question. Gotta love EgyptSearch! [Embarrassed] )
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

quote:
"he, he, he, he, love is not flushing a rather full tampon. And letting it sit in the heat of an unairconditioned apartment in August, until he gets home after 11pm."

Hey OC if that is love then what is hate???

You haven't been married have you?
anthropos
Member # 9410

NO I haven't OC - can you give me some tips?
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
WTF?
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
to love.. honour and DISGUST?
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
to have and to hold, and generaly be a dirty minger?

nice

Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

quote:

Who in the hell would want marriage tips from me?
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

you are a funny thing sono... you do make me smile girl!!!
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

quote:
Originally posted by Charm El Feikh?:
quote:
quote:

you are a funny thing sono... you do make me smile girl!!!
I can give good advice for giving head, maintaining a home, but figuring men out?

Men don't even understand themselves, so why should women even attempt?

in the end, if you still have a taste for it, a blow job will erase his rodent sized memory and bring him back to square one.

It always takes care of any issue.

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
LOL!!! i cant argue with you there!
Potter.
Member # 10461

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Potter.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, what about some practice of this old job now ??? [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 512 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Potter.
Member # 10461

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Potter.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am listening to Shakira, I am at your feet ...

Charm [Wink] [Big Grin]

Posts: 512 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

quote:
Originally posted by Potter:
Well, what about some practice of this old job now ??? [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

When I am ready. Don't want to bring emotional garbage to a new thing.

Reason why I didn't date for 2 years after the last engagement.

I am not a rebounder.

Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

quote:
Originally posted by Potter:
I am listening to Shakira, I am at your feet ...

Charm [Wink] [Big Grin]

heck, what is that song she sings in Spanish with that other dude?

He's constantly looking out the mini blinds and she is covered in crude oil at the end of the video?

Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Still-Learning     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tortura
Posts: 1473 | From: France | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Potter.
Member # 10461

Love is a Decision.
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well seems this thread didnt stay egyptian men only as requested huh, of course who here respects the request of the poster,well some do but most times you get exactly what you see here, people that cant resist saying things that are not serious at all, always sarcastic nonsense. I do however agree with Alien in one sense,,, Love is a decision because we do not always feel love for those that we do love, sometimes we despise them and cant even stand to look at them they make us so mad but we still love them,, because we choose to.

since no one else stayed with the thread being all men,, here is what my view of love is, a poem i wrote a few years ago.
Love,
True love,
a feeling so few of us ever experience.
A connection so deep that you can read
eachothers thoughts and feel what the other feels,
so strong that you close your eyes and feel
their arms around you.
when it is lost it leaves an emptiness
that no one and nothing can fill,
Forever leaving a longing for the other,
making it impossible to love again.
True love is truly a once in a lifetime thing.

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Potter.
Member # 10461

True love is truly a once in a lifetime thing.

I AGREE.

Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

True love is what you profess before you wise up.

--------------------
Don't freak out, sonomod, Organized Crime, whatever. If I annoy you its me!

' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ' Sharon Stone '     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love is the only emotion that can fulfill the Soul.
Posts: 989 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

quote:
Originally posted by ~Sharon Stone~:
Love is the only emotion that can fulfill the Soul.

Then you are a fool to think that "love can overpower all".

Sorry I put my bets behind other emotions, like contentment, serenity, and exhileration.

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Good words sono! exhileration....

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com