EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » stories/advice about marriage contracts in Egypt?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: stories/advice about marriage contracts in Egypt?
galmarriedtoegyptian
Member # 10697

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for galmarriedtoegyptian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you guys have any stories/advice about marriage contracts in Egypt?
Posts: 285 | From: egypt | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for _Masrawi_     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah ... dont get any.
Posts: 2049 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Think twice .........
Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
galmarriedtoegyptian
Member # 10697

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for galmarriedtoegyptian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
don't get any marriage contracts?

won't they help provide my american rights while on egyptian soil?

--------------------
yup

Posts: 285 | From: egypt | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for _Masrawi_     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quite the opposite.
Posts: 2049 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://marriage.about.com/od/international/p/egypt.htm
http://cairo.usembassy.gov/consular/marriage.htm

These sites list the requirements for a foreigner to marry in Egypt. Be aware that there is a rather substantial amount of running around to do when marrying in Cairo. If you get an early start you can finish it same day. You can put stips in the marriage contract. What types of rights were you hoping to protect?

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi NYtoPortSaid!

If you do a search around the forum for "marriage contract" you will see lots of information. Come back if you still have any more questions. [Smile]

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My egyptian friend has a hard time getting divorces from his German wife. They married 8 years ago and on the contract they had written that he was to give her 3000 D-mark - 1500 Euro if he wanted to divorce. He hasn't got the 1500 euros and he dont want to borrow them from either me or anybody else.
Is such a contract normal in Egypt??

He says that when ( I say IF!!!!!) we marry he wants a contract that will give me 500.000 euros incase of him wanting to divorce me as a sign of how much he loves me and as an "assurance" that he will never leave me. In my opinion a bit strange......... Normal fore egy guys????

Posts: 1215 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
catch a 4alling **ChImP**
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for catch a 4alling **ChImP**     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im only worth £10 [Razz]
Posts: 1602 | From: the banana island shake me tweeeeeeee | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barbapapa
Member # 10031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbapapa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tibe:
He says that when ( I say IF!!!!!) we marry he wants a contract that will give me 500.000 euros incase of him wanting to divorce me as a sign of how much he loves me and as an "assurance" that he will never leave me. [/QB]

Pfff...words, only words...who will then force him to give you this money? You don't speak Arabic, you're a foreigner, and you don't know the country. He doesn't take a big risk...Be careful with this kind of guys, he wouldn't say so silly words to an Egyptian woman [Smile]
Posts: 531 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
have him put the money in a bank account BEFORE the wedding!
Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barbapapa
Member # 10031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbapapa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who can get these 500.000 euros, even in the West? This man will never get half of this money at the end of his life. So if this is a condition for marrying her... [Smile]
Posts: 531 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No its not a condition. He knows he will never have that kind of money so therefore he will never ask me fore a divorce.....weird.....
But marriage is not in the picture fore me anyway.

Posts: 1215 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sahara Sands
Member # 10523

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sahara Sands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ONE LE WAS MY DOWERY.CAN'T BEAT THAT
Posts: 10 | From: Anislandinthesun | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for catch a 4alling **ChImP**     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
man does he love you
Posts: 1602 | From: the banana island shake me tweeeeeeee | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sahara Sands
Member # 10523

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sahara Sands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee,Ha,Ha,Ha,Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Posts: 10 | From: Anislandinthesun | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
My egyptian friend has a hard time getting divorces from his German wife. They married 8 years ago and on the contract they had written that he was to give her 3000 D-mark - 1500 Euro if he wanted to divorce. He hasn't got the 1500 euros and he dont want to borrow them from either me or anybody else.

He says that when ( I say IF!!!!!) we marry he wants a contract that will give me 500.000 euros incase of him wanting to divorce me as a sign of how much he loves me and as an "assurance" that he will never leave me. In my opinion a bit strange......... Normal fore egy guys????

Oh god, I hope this is a different friend and not your love interest. Otherwise this story just gets worse and worse.

He doesn't have to pay her the money. She can say he doesn't need to legally (this is part of the money he's suppose to pay at the start of the marriage and most people divide this into a small sum at the start and a larger sum to be paid during time..or in case of a divorce a fixed amount upon termination of marriage contract). If she says he doesn't need, to they can divorce very fast - they both walk away with the property that's in their names, even if accumulated during the marriage. There's no haggling over who gets what during the divorce.

And frankly, I can't believe any german would find that amount so high she'd rather stay married to a man than get 1,500 euros.

Also, I don't know what she could do about it legally unless she was in egypt to go to court about it.

Sorry, but this story just send big red alarm out. It doesn't add up.

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
EXSPLAINS IT THEN !!!!over and out
Morgan
Member # 6662

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Morgan   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
No its not a condition. He knows he will never have that kind of money so therefore he will never ask me fore a divorce.....weird.....

He is a typical scammer [Big Grin] don't do it
at first he don't wont to take money from you to make him look nice
But i can asure you he will soon
Don't do it,dont barrow him anything you will never see your money again,an no gift a decent woman don't by gift to a man'she is not married to
He has no respect for you at all,a decent egyptian will never talk too you abaut this money problem [Embarrassed]

Posts: 1223 | From: Home | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Morgan:
quote:

He is a typical scammer [Big Grin] don't do it
at first he don't wont to take money from you to make him look nice
But i can asure you he will soon
Don't do it,dont barrow him anything you will never see your money again,an no gift a decent woman don't by gift to a man'she is not married to
He has no respect for you at all,a decent egyptian will never talk too you abaut this money problem [Embarrassed]

And you know this because.............. (?)
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by ExptinCAI:
quote:

Oh god, I hope this is a different friend and not your love interest. Otherwise this story just gets worse and worse.

He doesn't have to pay her the money. She can say he doesn't need to legally (this is part of the money he's suppose to pay at the start of the marriage and most people divide this into a small sum at the start and a larger sum to be paid during time..or in case of a divorce a fixed amount upon termination of marriage contract). If she says he doesn't need, to they can divorce very fast - they both walk away with the property that's in their names, even if accumulated during the marriage. There's no haggling over who gets what during the divorce.

And frankly, I can't believe any german would find that amount so high she'd rather stay married to a man than get 1,500 euros.

Also, I don't know what she could do about it legally unless she was in egypt to go to court about it.

Sorry, but this story just send big red alarm out. It doesn't add up.

She want the 1500 just to "harras" him because they had a lot of trouble in the end.
I dont give him a penny and he knows that -and he has never asked me to. Only sharred economy when people live together thats my "philosophy".

ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yes. Of course. Poor him. What else could it be. She hates him SOOOOOO much she wants to make him miserable so she rather stay married to someone she hates.

Yeah. That makes sense.

Not.

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wardar
Member # 8221

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wardar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ChImPs:
im only worth £10 [Razz]

Chimps, your a cheap bird just like me [Big Grin] I think i can kiss my 100LE goodbye lol
Posts: 60 | From: England | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
hehehe kool one like it [Wink]
wardar
Member # 8221

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wardar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank God you didnt take offence lol, glad you have a sense of humour, we need it on here [Wink]
Posts: 60 | From: England | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
me im not mind u wanna see sumof the insults im get and im not even spoke to these people rude ..it dont bother me itsonly a forum ..shudnt hurt yah its just keyboared and a moniter ..isint it..where do youlive im in peterborough u..
Corvis.
Member # 10836

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corvis.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ExptinCAI:
Oh yes. Of course. Poor him. What else could it be. She hates him SOOOOOO much she wants to make him miserable so she rather stay married to someone she hates.

Yeah. That makes sense.

Not.

[Eek!] You know them too well, don't ya ??? [Eek!]
Posts: 260 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wardar
Member # 8221

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by ChImPs:
me im not mind u wanna see sumof the insults im get and im not even spoke to these people rude ..it dont bother me itsonly a forum ..shudnt hurt yah its just keyboared and a moniter ..isint it..where do youlive im in peterborough u..

Sunny Birmingham me, though not so sunny today [Frown]
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
brummy gal hey kool
wardar
Member # 8221

Member Rated:
Dunno about kool chimps, have you ever heard our accents? It has to be the most common sounding of England, i hate it, though have to admit Dudley accent (west midlands)is worse, and i get asked if im from dudley. [Eek!]
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
if you comply to all regulations of the immigration agreement and you have given them what they ask for ,on what grounds can they actually deny you a visa ,..even if nothing is bad ..just wanted to know ..uk embassy any one know any thing to why this can happen ,but when appealed u win the case and the jusdge says it shud have never been denyed ..do you think its to amake money that they do this or not ...

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com