EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » hotel in Sharm that will accept us

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: hotel in Sharm that will accept us
wise_woman
Member # 444

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wise_woman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm looking for info on my Egyptian friend and I staying in same hotel (separate rooms) in Sharm el Sheikh.

Is it true that most of the larger hotels will not accept us?
what if he booked into a different hotel from me?
are Egyptians allowed to stay in hotel mostly frequented by tourists?
I'm not interested in staying in a flat, dont want to cook and clean and have limited tv channels on holiday.

He has orfi paper from 8 years ago, somewhere.
If he cant find it we'll get another one.
Would it look better if we showed the paper from 1997 and not one dated for that day?

I'm not here to discuss our history together and have people pick away at it looking for faults. I've been on these boards 4 years and spent a lot of time in Egypt, I know how it works.
I will say that we've known each other 9 years, I'm 32, he's 33. He's not keen in coming to UK, I have no money to offer him and he has never asked or hinted for anything.
I earn minimum wage and live in a council house in a rough housing estate. From talking to my Arabic speaking friends who used to live here 8 years ago, he knows all about my life I know about his. We're under no illusions.

We want time to ourselves, no interuptions, to talk, catch up with each other's news and enjoy a holiday.

I'd appreciate any Sharm hotel info you can offer. Thank you.

Posts: 266 | From: Scotland, United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wise_woman
Member # 444

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wise_woman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll look into it.

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Posts: 266 | From: Scotland, United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TexasGirl
Member # 10804

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TexasGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wise woman I was having the same problem and they suggested the Delta in Sharm to me as well. We wanted to stay together but since my divorce is not final yet he and I have decided not to orfi marry just wait until we are going to legally marry. I just am in awe the difference in Egypt and the United States...Egypt reminds me of the old days here like in the 1940's. I wasn't born yet but read about how the man use to go to the father of the bride and ask for his approval first. Wow how nice and respectful !!
Posts: 68 | From: San Antonio Texas | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if you stay in separate rooms, you can book into any hotel. they won't say anything to you, unless your friend looks like he could never afford to stay at the hotel if you weren't paying for his room.

even then, if you cop an 'how dare you assume such things about me, who do you think you are' attitude, they'll back down. unfortunately, the hotel reception will only give a hard time to someone who looks like they're of lower class/can be intimidated/etc.

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Delta Sharm definitely does accept it. I believe it is the most popular place for this.

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wise_woman
Member # 444

Rate Member
I looked at the website for Grand Sharm. It looks beautiful.

When I clicked on Online Reservations, there are 2 options, 1 for non Egyptian and 1 for Egyptian.
Prices were obviously cheaper for an Egyptian staying there.
I assume we can book under his name?

The website for the Delta Sharm looks good too but doesnt show room rates.

He has an air of quiet confidence and carries himself well. He has an imposing physique and people seem to be intimidated by him. But he's a big teddy bear.
I'm sure we'd be fine in any hotel.

ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no, you cannot book 2 rooms under 1 name, unless you want to raise all sorts of questions and eyebrows. even then, rates are different for foreigners and egyptians and i believe sharm still has that idiotic policy that foreigners can't pay in egyptian pounds.
Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most of the time that i spent in Delta Sharm the rooms ran 35$ a night depending on where the room was located in relation to the pools, also had a flat for a month there and paid about 600$

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rubyroo
Member # 11104

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for rubyroo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I must be very uneducated. I didn't realise there would be a problem with a foreign visitor staying with an Egyptian friend. I am in a similar situation, I have a friend and we would like to get to know each other more. Do most hotels not allow this? We were hoping to spend a week together later this month.
Posts: 31 | From: england | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hurghada man
Member # 11124

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurghada man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually it is not even the hotels , but it isthe law to protect tourists against low level locals.
the best place as recomended before is Delta Sharm , Prices up and down according to the time of the year. and you can find housing consultant agent in sharm that would help you to book the room. and i would tell you it is much better that he goes to book the appartment before you arrive then he will get the egyptian rates and nobody will check later who is staying there!!!

Posts: 520 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com