EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » affadavit of support

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: affadavit of support
martha
Member # 10281

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for martha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there anyone out there living in the USA and married to an Egyptian know when to file this form.

I thought that when u file ur K3/I 129F form your spouse is allowed to come here and work. So u would be able to add his income to ur household when u do this paper as his sponsor.

But friends are confusing us with conflicting stories.

And the website www.uscis.gov is a little confusing.

I will call immigration tomorrow but i thought someone might have a little insight on the subject.

Thanx

Posts: 58 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Martha,

I filed for the K3 for my husband. I just sent in the I-129F two days ago. Did you start the process yet? I could walk you through it if you'd like. As far as the affidavit of support goes...once the USCIS approves the I129F they will contact the embassy in Cairo. After that the embassy will contact your husband. They will tell him what he needs for his interview, one of these things is the afidavit of support. You will have to send it to him at this time. Don't worry about it until the embassy contacts him. His future income doesn't count. They need to know that you are able to support him and yourself until he gets his work permit which could take a couple months. There are guidelines to how much income you must have in order to support him. It's currently 125% of the poverty line. Go to the USCIS website for more information. If you do not have enough income you can always get a co sponsor for him. PM me if you'd like more information or if you'd like to discuss this further. Good luck to you [Smile]

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com