EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Egyptians and children

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Egyptians and children
uklady
Member # 11161

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for uklady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If the guy is saying he wants children with you do you think he is really serious about you. Or will some guys do anything to convince you that they are ok? My thoughts are that egyptian men are very family orientated generally?
Posts: 142 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some men will say anything (women also). I wouldn't necessarily buy it. Sure I believe most Egy men want children eventually. They are generally very family oriented. But that doesn't mean he's serious about you just because he says that.
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i found the men very family orientated. i know they may have seen a single female with kids as a possible easy target, but honestly, i felt like they were just looking after me. and the guys i got to know a bit better were so good to my kids, no really great with the kids, for no reason other than thats just they way they are.

i got the impression kids/family was everything to egyptians.

even the 1 guy that might be seen as a gigelo (he made no bones about the fact that he wanted out of egypt) would probably marry an english girl, get to england and settle down and have kids with her.

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonomod_me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egyptian custom means a man isn't a man until he has had a child, preferably a son.

Doesn't mean after he has proved his manhood that he is interested in all the responsiblities required of a father.

He takes care of himself first and when he is satisfied then he considers the needs of others.

--------------------
Don't freak out, sonomod, Organized Crime, whatever. If I annoy you its me!

Posts: 1765 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sohyla
Member # 8287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sohyla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My BIL and his wife have been married for 15 years or so and never had any children. Nobody in the family seems to treat him any different than the rest of the married guys [Smile]
Posts: 516 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonomod_me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sohyla:
My BIL and his wife have been married for 15 years or so and never had any children. Nobody in the family seems to treat him any different than the rest of the married guys [Smile]

Do you speak Arabi fluently? Statements could be made in Arabi you are not aware of.
Posts: 1765 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sohyla
Member # 8287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sohyla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That could be a possibility, but I don't get the tension vibe ever when they visit and are talking with the rest of the family. I did ask about it one time and my husband just said it was God's will for them not to have kids.
Posts: 516 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marcella
Member # 10978

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marcella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just didn't have any reason not to believe when my boyfriend said this to me.I could see that he wants to have children with me.I could see how seriously he's about it.I don't have any doubts about it.
Posts: 979 | From: Another world | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

quote:
That could be a possibility, but I don't get the tension vibe ever when they visit and are talking with the rest of the family. I did ask about it one time and my husband just said it was God's will for them not to have kids.

Well there are people who have a strong deen and this is the response I hear from them.

My husband's aunt and her husband only had one child a son and my SIL doesn't like her because of this.

My BILs and husband do like her a great deal because she rules the roost and keeps the peace between the brothers in the family.

Of course women are afraid of the "evil eye" and envy in general of infertile women, so it hurts barren women a great deal.

bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most Egyptian men love children...and are very nice to children.... but they generally want their own... not other peoples!!!
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marcella
Member # 10978

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marcella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EGO!!!
Posts: 979 | From: Another world | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband's uncle and his wife have been married over 20 years and they don't have children either. Their neices and nephews are their children. I would have to say that they are my favorites as far as aunt and uncle in laws go.

quote:

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My egyptian boyfriend loves my kids. He is very good in taking care of them. He plays with them and cook their favorite food : Pancakes. He wants a lot of kids with me. He says that he loved being a member of a large group of siblings. He has 10 siblings. I just had one comment: NO WAY.
Posts: 1215 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunburnt
Member # 4986

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunburnt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personaly if I had to ask a forum about wether by b/f g/f was serious about me or if they realy loved me, well I think it speaks for itself. Mind it does make for good reading
Posts: 167 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
susy
Member # 11321

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for susy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
salam alekom we rahmatoallah we barakaatoo

sunburnt, i totally agree with you there. especially before the talk of kids should be talk about the marriage and if you dont know him well enough to know if he is serious, i would question that.

be careful cos marriage is a very important thing

Posts: 26 | From: Australia | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nileodyssey
Member # 11073

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for nileodyssey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My boyfriend is Egyptian and he knows I don't want children, he really is ok with this. He is quite happy to make a fuss of my nephew and neices and his own. And before you say he is after your money we have been together for 2 years and would not leave Egypt for any money. I have tried!!!! So I go to live with him in Egypt. All he wants to do is marry me and it is me who is being wary of the situation. I have money and will not be parted with it very easily, but he does not know this because I have heard so many horror stories. I have always said I own nothing and I have no money and the only thing I can offer ismy love. Perhaps I am naive but I truly believe he loves me for who I am and not what I have got.
Posts: 63 | From: UK | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marcella
Member # 10978

You don't want a kids?Why?How old are you?
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He is really ok with it because he can have another wife and have children with her and you won't even know about it.

You say you have nothing but you have masses compared to him, after all you can come on holiday.

please be realistic

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marcella
Member # 10978

Yes but if he gonna do that he's not what she thinks that he is.If he's thinking about it he can just leave her and be with the other one and make 10 kids with her.Why he should stay with her and have kids with the other?Does it make sense?
uklady
Member # 11161

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for uklady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am generalising and trying to get into the egyptian male's mind. It dosen't matter sometimes however long you have been with somebody they can let you down regardless of nationality.
Posts: 142 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com