EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » $25,000 Muslim Weddings!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: $25,000 Muslim Weddings!
Sumbula
Member # 11110

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sumbula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH2nNt1s5pk

haha!so true. [Big Grin]

Posts: 32 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marcella
Member # 10978

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marcella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny and true.
Posts: 979 | From: Another world | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonomod_me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$25,000 is the average US wedding costs... So what?

I think his family would be willing to forgo for a $20,000 wedding in order to get his teeth fixed. or possibly a $18,000 wedding for an addition speech therapy to remove that aweful lisp he's got going.

And what woman would want to marry a guy so cheap and ugly? A man who'd behave in this manner a wedding?

Posts: 1765 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike rozier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
forgive sonomod, it's that time of the month...

--------------------
The ground at Calvary's Cross is level

Posts: 1172 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonomod_me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mike rozier:

Next week you'll start your time of the month. And if you like I can show up every few months to keep you flows regular.

Did I tell you about my great legs? Garunteed vocal range change for 2 hours after the intial bashing. I am so strong!

Posts: 1765 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike rozier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sonomod_me:
quote:

Next week you'll start your time of the month. And if you like I can show up every few months to keep you flows regular.

Did I tell you about my great legs? Garunteed vocal range change for 2 hours after the intial bashing. I am so strong!

make me a sandwich....

[Smile]

Posts: 1172 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

quote:
quote:
quote:

make me a sandwich....

[Smile]

The most I will do for you is bring you an ice pack. You'll need it for what was your gonads.
mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
btw...in the islamic world, do the brides parent traditionally pay for the wedding?

I don't see 25 grand as too expencive for a wedding, if the 2 people are moral and wise ...and middle class Americans...I can see it being kinda outragous for people who are not fortunate to make decent money though..

--------------------

mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

make me a sandwich....

[Smile]

The most I will do for you is bring you an ice pack. You'll need it for what was your gonads.
you seem quite fixated on my gonads...

good girl....now give me a back rub

[Wink]

Sumbula
Member # 11110

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sumbula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I think his family would be willing to forgo for a $20,000 wedding in order to get his teeth fixed. or possibly a $18,000 wedding for an addition speech therapy to remove that aweful lisp he's got going.

And what woman would want to marry a guy so cheap and ugly? A man who'd behave in this manner a wedding?
quote:

dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyum. He didnt say anything wrong, not everyone can afford 25,000 for a wedding, thats it. and it IS haram for a muslim to take loans and to go into debt, and thats the point he was trying to make. that its not neccesary to blow money on something you cant afford at a young age just to impress people.And why attack his physical appearance? [Eek!]
Posts: 32 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

quote:
Originally posted by Sumbula:

quote:

dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyum. He didnt say anything wrong, not everyone can afford 25,000 for a wedding, thats it. and it IS haram for a muslim to take loans and to go into debt, and thats the point he was trying to make. that its not neccesary to blow money on something you cant afford at a young age just to impress people.And why attack his physical appearance? [Eek!]
If its haram to take out loans and go into debt why did he make reference to paying off "college expenses"?

If he is paying off "college expenses" he means paying off student loans, why isn't that haram?

And he is behaving like a clown, he doesn't even appear ready for marriage. Marriage is a massive step into adulthood, you shouldn't rush it just to save yourself from sin. If you are as immature as he is, he'll sin whether he gets married or not.

And the bride's parents pay for the wedding, in Muslim and Christian marriages so why is he having such a fit?

Because already before he has actually acquired a bride he is ready to tell his future in laws how to spend their money.

The wedding doesn't revolve around him, it revolves around the two families.

Why would his need to travel with his new bride, that he isn't emotionally mature enough to start a relationship with be more important the the family that I will assure you will want him dead by the end of the first year of marriage.

He's a selfish clown. and he's ugly.

mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
what seems weird to me is the whole arranged wedding thing.....

I wonder if my folks could contact alizee's folks, and go ahead and get the whole thing set up..

finnally I found a way for the system to work FOR me!

[Smile]

--------------------

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
btw...in the islamic world, do the brides parent traditionally pay for the wedding?

hey mike are you gearing up for a wedding? [Wink]
any good news to tell us about ? [Big Grin]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sumbula
Member # 11110

Rate Member
quote:

If its haram to take out loans and go into debt why did he make reference to paying off "college expenses"?

If he is paying off "college expenses" he means paying off student loans, why isn't that haram?

And he is behaving like a clown, he doesn't even appear ready for marriage. Marriage is a massive step into adulthood, you shouldn't rush it just to save yourself from sin. If you are as immature as he is, he'll sin whether he gets married or not.

And the bride's parents pay for the wedding, in Muslim and Christian marriages so why is he having such a fit?

Because already before he has actually acquired a bride he is ready to tell his future in laws how to spend their money.

Why would his need to travel with his new bride, that he isn't emotionally mature enough to start a relationship with be more important the the family that I will assure you will want him dead by the end of the first year of marriage.

quote:

A. NOT EVERYONE takes out students loans to pay for college, for example, myself. So expenses would include everything from books to tuition.

B. OFCOURSE HES BEHAVING LIKE A CLOWN, ITS SUPPOSED TO BE FUNNY! It's a comedic look at a somewhat serious subject.

C.Brides parents do not neccesarily pay for the wedding. Depends on the culture. My cousins husband was from Gujarat in India, it was there custom to pay for the whole wedding. In egypt, I know that a problem with men being able to get married are the demands given by the girls side, which are impossible to achieve at a younger age. AND IN ISLAM, IT IS RECCOMENDED TO GET MARRIED AT AN EARLIER AGE TO AVOID SIN. Now, to you, maybe its more important to have all of lifes luxuries secured before marriage, but not in Islam. One has to be able to support their family, but support can be seen as a lot of different ways. YOUR view of what marriage is and what adulthood is can be very different from what marriage is to a traditional Muslim couple.

C. And hes not selfish, hes stating something perfectly correct. and i doubt that you're that great of a looker yourself! If you were, you wouldnt be so nasty.

mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
no...

Im so lonesome I could cry..

--------------------

Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

quote:
quote:

quote:

A. NOT EVERYONE takes out students loans to pay for college, for example, myself. So expenses would include everything from books to tuition.

B. OFCOURSE HES BEHAVING LIKE A CLOWN, ITS SUPPOSED TO BE FUNNY! It's a comedic look at a somewhat serious subject.

C.Brides parents do not neccesarily pay for the wedding. Depends on the culture. My cousins husband was from Gujarat in India, it was there custom to pay for the whole wedding. In egypt, I know that a problem with men being able to get married are the demands given by the girls side, which are impossible to achieve at a younger age. AND IN ISLAM, IT IS RECCOMENDED TO GET MARRIED AT AN EARLIER AGE TO AVOID SIN. Now, to you, maybe its more important to have all of lifes luxuries secured before marriage, but not in Islam. One has to be able to support their family, but support can be seen as a lot of different ways. YOUR view of what marriage is and what adulthood is can be very different from what marriage is to a traditional Muslim couple.

C. And hes not selfish, hes stating something perfectly correct. and i doubt that you're that great of a looker yourself! If you were, you wouldnt be so nasty.

Actually I am a looker. And it sucks because that means I am not allowed to be intelligent at the same time.

I don't know where you went to college, which country but what university level institution allows someone to pay for their "college expenses" after they graduate? Did your parents pay your tuition?

If this clown is in the USA then there are no post-secondary institution that allow any student to pay their "expenses" after graduating. Period.

Either his parents paid his tuition (I highly doubt it cause then he'd be wealthy wouldn't b*tch about a measely $25,00 and would have money to fix his teeth) or he took out student loans. Hence its haram to take out student loans, hence its haram to take out loans for a wedding.

Now, to you, maybe its more important to have all of lifes luxuries secured before marriage, but not in Islam.

This comment I thought was hilarious. Because countless of times recently married Muslimahs boast over and over and over again how their cars, education, and homes are paid for outright before marriage. In their home countries.

In Muslim nations its ideal and until recently customary to pay for tuition out of pocket, buy cars without a lease, and buy homes without a mortage.

So what you are stating is an attack on Muslim dominated cultures, not the west.

its customary in the west to have student loans, to lease cars, and to have mortages. Its customary for married Christians in the west to wait to buy a "brand new" car until after their student loans are paid off. That means graduating at age 22 or 25, that these western Christians don't buy brand new cars on lease until they are nearly 40. We buy starter homes, then after 60%-80% of the principal has been paid down we move into a larger more luxurious home.

Its the opposite in Muslim dominated cultures so your argument is defensive, reactionary and completely the opposite. Let alone moot.

And again I restate that he is selfish.

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my wedding cost £23000... thats pounds sterling!

and i didnt even go through with it!

still.... i had fun swanning around in the waldorf astoria and even more fun in the suite in the venetian las vegas...

(i still went on the honeymoon)

btw mike... what kinda sandwich dyo fancy [Wink]

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marcella
Member # 10978

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marcella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
no...

Im so lonesome I could cry..

Poor guy,are you waiting for Alizee? [Wink]
Posts: 979 | From: Another world | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marcella
Member # 10978

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sonomod_me:
And what woman would want to marry a guy so cheap and ugly?

Show us you beautiful face,sono.I can't wait!!!
But you are afraid,aren't you?

Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

quote:
Originally posted by Marcella:

I've seen your pic and its nothing to crow about.

No my pic has been plastered on ES before by Auto, and he posted them on his forum too.

My husband is a Muslim and wouldn't appreciate my pic plastered on the internet. So I don't.

Marcella
Member # 10978

quote:
quote:

No my pic has been plastered on ES before by Auto, and he posted them on his forum too.

My husband is a Muslim and wouldn't appreciate my pic plastered on the internet. So I don't.

SURE but he likes your posting here,huh?
I'm positive you saw my pic,that's what you're doing all the time.Checking everything else and then having references!!I have nothing to be shy.

Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

quote:
quote:
quote:

SURE but he likes your posting here,huh?
I'm positive you saw my pic,that's what you're doing all the time.Checking everything else and then having references!!I have nothing to be shy.

Posting to an obnixious forum is different than posting your pic.
Marcella
Member # 10978

Yeah,yeah,yeah.
If is so obnixious then why are you here?

Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

quote:
Yeah,yeah,yeah.
If is so obnixious then why are you here?

Because I am obnixious. But smarter than you!
Marcella
Member # 10978

Yeah,yeah,you Asiatics came over 15,000 BC.
If it was american school so I can imagine how smart you are [Big Grin] You sick.

Marcella
Member # 10978

What you are studying in high school people from Europe already know from elementary school!!!
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

quote:
Yeah,yeah,you Asiatics came over 15,000 BC.
If it was american school so I can imagine how smart you are [Big Grin] You sick.

Marcella are you one of those Europeans that only read hollywood gossip magazines?

I posted the links affirming the facts of the matter.

And yeah there was 2 confirmed waves of migration. About 15,000 BC median between the two migrations.

Instead of bitching about it, why not just read the links.

Marcella
Member # 10978

Are you one of those "smart" americans?About USA we had knowledge when we was about 10.
There is so many links which one is for real?

Sumbula
Member # 11110

Rate Member
sonomod, your such a dumb nasty chicken cluck. ALL YOU DO IS STEREOTYPE. WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU? You see some rich Muslims and now theyre all rich, you meet some egyptian guy who used you, and now theyre all as*holes.seriously, how many guys have f*cked and run with you to make you such a bitter freak? Whatever insecurities you have and for whatever reason, its not going to help you to lash out at everyone and everything.GET A LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFE. And you're not a looker, your probably a 50 plus, over weight, pock faced, bat winged nasty piece of flesh that no ones wants. Stop being jealous of all the good looking,happy, and sane individuals in the world.
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

quote:
sonomod, your such a dumb nasty chicken cluck. ALL YOU DO IS STEREOTYPE. WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU? You see some rich Muslims and now theyre all rich, you meet some egyptian guy who used you, and now theyre all as*holes.seriously, how many guys have f*cked and run with you to make you such a bitter freak? Whatever insecurities you have and for whatever reason, its not going to help you to lash out at everyone and everything.GET A LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFE. And you're not a looker, your probably a 50 plus, over weight, pock faced, bat winged nasty piece of flesh that no ones wants. Stop being jealous of all the good looking,happy, and sane individuals in the world.

Ah, no I am 32. Loads of ES usernames have seen my pics thanks to a prolific hacker on ES.

I am not stereotyping, I am refering to this guy who made the videoclip particularly. I was concentrating my criticism solely for him.

I have several valid points and you chose to make false and vicious statements about my appearance because I have undercut your arguments.

Tough cookies.

Yeah, I have a massive bone to pick with my soon to be ex-husband. He knows that, he's putting in a lot of energy (very much too late) to rectify his misdeeds.

But I have a much better idea of what constitutes an honorable marriage negiotiation and why men chose to withhold funds in engangement period and afterwards.

if your "egy-man" isn't willing to bust the bank then there's something wrong with the relationship.

If this guy in the video clip is really that sour about having to spend money on a wedding it suggests he's been dumped numerous times and numerous engagements have been cut off by the bride and the brides family.

Being cheap before marrying is a sign of a bad husband.

mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for mike rozier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got 2 words for the guy in the video clip..

VIVA LAS VEGAS!

viva,viav laaaaaaas veeeegggaaassss!

thank, you, thank you very much...

Marcella
Member # 10978

quote:
quote:

Ah, no I am 32. Loads of ES usernames have seen my pics thanks to a prolific hacker on ES.

I am not stereotyping, I am refering to this guy who made the videoclip particularly. I was concentrating my criticism solely for him.

I have several valid points and you chose to make false and vicious statements about my appearance because I have undercut your arguments.

Tough cookies.

Yeah, I have a massive bone to pick with my soon to be ex-husband. He knows that, he's putting in a lot of energy (very much too late) to rectify his misdeeds.

But I have a much better idea of what constitutes an honorable marriage negiotiation and why men chose to withhold funds in engangement period and afterwards.

if your "egy-man" isn't willing to bust the bank then there's something wrong with the relationship.

If this guy in the video clip is really that sour about having to spend money on a wedding it suggests he's been dumped numerous times and numerous engagements have been cut off by the bride and the brides family.

Being cheap before marrying is a sign of a bad husband.

Did you notify the video was joke?
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
actually, i would say the guy in the video is just being honest and looking at marriage in todays world. what you talk of sono, is probably true from the older generations point of view, but from his (and my) point of view its ridiculous!

i just roll my eyes shaking my head when i think of the money i blew on my own wedding... which i never even went through with!!!

traditions change... his way of thinking will soon be that of 2 or 3 generations... things WILL change... this is life!

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com