EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Is it OK for a woman to ask a man out for a date?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is it OK for a woman to ask a man out for a date?
' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ' Sharon Stone '     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder how this works, and what were your experiences? What men think on this matter? Is it OK for a woman to ask a man out for a date?

How people approach each other without involvement of the third party? For example, If a woman initiate - does that lower her image and overal reputation?

Posts: 989 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dating is not really an Egyptian thing, especially outside of Cairo. I don't know anyone that dates so can't give you any feedback on whether this was male or female initated. My gut feeling is they would be breaking enough taboos just to date. For the woman to do the asking would be impossible

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Timo
Member # 7193

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
in Cairo we date and women sum times ask men out (but offcours they prefare to b asked out)...but the whole dating thing is still in the conservative zoon ... & ppl still look with disrespect to women going out on different dates and start calling names...even in the modern areas in cairo ...if u go to the same place (cafe for example) twice with different men ...ruomers start to spread ...unlike men offcours [Big Grin]
Posts: 420 | From: LALA Land | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karla
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karla         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't such as experiences but common sense tell to me that I never to ask a man out for a date!
Posts: 1414 | From: far away | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KERDA(chimps:)munki dnt chop banana
Member # 11116

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KERDA(chimps:)munki dnt chop banana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Timo

Member # 7193

posted 22 June, 2006 01:25
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
in Cairo we date and women sum times ask men out

from being english TIMO I could take that a different way ,example WE ------MEANING YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS date men [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] timo dont worry babes ur secret is safe wif me [Eek!]

JOKING I AM ????AM I UHMMMMMMMMMM

Posts: 354 | From: deputydawgland | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If a woman's smart enough, she can get a man to ask her out!!
She can get most things from a man if she lets him think it's his idea!!!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karla
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karla         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Samia:

I'm agree 100% with you [Smile]
Posts: 1414 | From: far away | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Timo
Member # 7193

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KERDA(chimps:):
Timo

Member # 7193

posted 22 June, 2006 01:25
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
in Cairo we date and women sum times ask men out

from being english TIMO I could take that a different way ,example WE ------MEANING YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS date men timo dont worry babes ur secret is safe wif me [Eek!]

JOKING I AM ????AM I UHMMMMMMMMMM

OPPPSSSS U GOT ME ....MY SECRET IS OUT IN THE OPEN [Eek!] ...lOl ...some times when i say we i mean "i" [Big Grin] im a Gemeni ..so i speak on behalf all the ppl living inside my head [Razz] WE DA MEN OOFCOURS [Cool] [Embarrassed] altho i have no problems with the 3rd party [Big Grin]
Posts: 420 | From: LALA Land | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KERDA(chimps:)munki dnt chop banana
Member # 11116

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KERDA(chimps:)munki dnt chop banana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
heheheh itsa awk maan [Big Grin] ur a dawg [Wink] [Razz]
Posts: 354 | From: deputydawgland | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike rozier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes it's ok... [Smile]

but..

the problem is , sometimes people don't respect what they don't work for.

so I think a women would be better served just smileing at the guy ( with serious eye contact)..and letting him know she likes him..then let him make the move..

this way, everyone is out on a limb, and thinking about thier actions..

Posts: 1172 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mike.. good advice IF your looking for a long term relationship...

if not... its better to do the asking, that way they get the hang of the fact that you know exactly what you want and how to get it and they comply with you from the start.

saves a few raised eyebrows, scared looks and chafe marks later!!

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marcella
Member # 10978

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marcella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by akshar:
Dating is not really an Egyptian thing, especially outside of Cairo. I don't know anyone that dates so can't give you any feedback on whether this was male or female initated. My gut feeling is they would be breaking enough taboos just to date. For the woman to do the asking would be impossible

I have heard soo many stories how egyptian girls are dating(not just dating).This's already starting in some clubs and girls are really into that.They're just coming talk to guys and soliciting themselves.
Posts: 979 | From: Another world | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ' Sharon Stone '     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think approaching first on behalf of women is ok BUT it depends on circumstances. Every case is different.

For instance, I would not ask a man Egyptian or any man to have a DATE with me, but I would probably ask him if he is planning to watch the movie or exhibit in museum because I am planning too. [Big Grin] ( Then he would say - maybe we can go together? [Wink] Who really asked whom? )

Isn't asking of such questions also form of PERSUASION? All peope ask in some way, either with words verbally or with body language so it's never 1 person that is creating the whole romance.

For ladies who say they sit like princess and wait until someone kiss their lovely hand... [Big Grin] I think someone else is doing asking for them. [Wink]

Do men really like women making it EASIER? [Big Grin]

Posts: 989 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marcella
Member # 10978

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marcella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ' Sharon Stone ':
For instance, I would not ask a man Egyptian or any man to have a DATE with me, but I would probably ask him if he is planning to watch the movie or exhibit in museum because I am planning too. [Big Grin] ( Then he would say - maybe we can go together? [Wink] Who really asked whom? )

You actually asked him.Not right away,but it was you not him.Talking about movie or museum that you would like to go,is kind of flirting!He KNOWS very good why you said that to him and also he KNOWS that you are waiting for his "answer":"Maybe we can go together"He KNOWS that very good! [Wink]

[/qb][/QUOTE]

Sure they do!Who likes to talk for hours and trying their best and who knows if she will like it?I mean they want to **** not talk!!!

Posts: 979 | From: Another world | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

quote:
You actually asked him.Not right away,but it was you not him.Talking about movie or museum that you would like to go,is kind of flirting!He KNOWS very good why you said that to him and also he KNOWS that you are waiting for his "answer":"Maybe we can go together"He KNOWS that very good! [Wink]
Why do you think from this example that I was the One who was doing asking? [Big Grin] I asked if he "alone" is going for movie or exhibit, he just took an opportunity to ASK to go "together" since I said I am going "alone" too. [Smile] It was him who actually asked, right? [Big Grin]

But you gave an excellent observations and proved my point that in the example above it was mutual. The woman gave an opportunity the man asked her out. The question "are you planning....?" was not expressed "romantically", but it MEANT IT only after HE AGREED. Because both people "were" interested.

You see! So I am telling you, there is no person who never asked. You ask knowingly or unknowingly - it's just matter of the style. Don't you agree? [Wink]

LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaZeeZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I would not ask a man Egyptian or any man to have a DATE with me, [/QB]

Because you haven't seen me yet
Posts: 1539 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

quote:
Originally posted by Marcella:

Sure they do!Who likes to talk for hours and trying their best and who knows if she will like it? I mean they want to **** not talk!!!
==================

Hm, I haven't had such experience that man is only after sex - if that's what you wanted to say, but I do understand that other people did.

Also, when I said "EASIER" I did not mean - easily willing to sleep with a man ( which is again their own choice) but I meant - if the men like women that are not DIFFICULT when it comes to romance.

For instance, If I were a man, I would NOT be attracted to a woman who sits at home and does nothing, but instead waits for the husband to baby her. Thus I would not be interested in women who sit and wait that someone do everything for them that's SPOILT. At least, to be nice, easy to approach and happy on your own would mean she has some identity on her own.

But then again, I am not a man. [Big Grin] so I don't know how men think.
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Icon 7 posted      Profile for ' Sharon Stone '     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lazeez:
quote:
I would not ask a man Egyptian or any man to have a DATE with me,

Lol! [Big Grin] Well, if I SAW YOU and I liked you, I would say, "can you help me to fix a bulb in my bathroom because the landlord is unavailable and I need the light". [Big Grin] ( this is if you are living in my appartment complex) [Big Grin] and I met you by the mail boxes and you told me "Hi!".

Now you tell me, what woman never asked for HELP?

I bet - all ladies asked at least 1 time in their life. So it's ok to ask, don't you think? [Wink] as long as lady won't mention DATE. [Big Grin]

Men are in different position because they have less choices, and they don't need a woman's help to fix things. So they are left with direct approaches. Yes or No my dear. [Big Grin]

Marcella
Member # 10978

quote:
[QB] [QUOTE]You actually asked him.Not right away,but it was you not him.Talking about movie or museum that you would like to go,is kind of flirting!He KNOWS very good why you said that to him and also he KNOWS that you are waiting for his "answer":"Maybe we can go together"He KNOWS that very good! [Wink]

Why do you think from this example that I was the One who was doing asking? [Big Grin] I asked if he "alone" is going for movie or exhibit, he just took an opportunity to ASK to go "together" since I said I am going "alone" too. [Smile] It was him who actually asked, right? [Big Grin]

I have to say again you were the one who was "asking".The question "if he's going" and your words "you are planning too" is speaking for everything...

You're just waiting what he gonna say.If he's going alone or with his friends or maybe with a girlfriend....you are waiting. [Wink]

' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Marcella, you are sweet. [Big Grin] If I was the one who was asking, why did he ask me to go together? If my question "are you planning..." was "asking for a date", why his question was necessary? [Big Grin]
Marcella
Member # 10978

Oh come one,if I know why are you asking him,he will also know that.Or do you think they are so stupid?Why did he tell you that?Because this is something between man and woman,here in this life we all have differences not just physical but also communicative and to me it is absolutely clear,you were only one who has asked him.
LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaZeeZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Lazeez:
quote:
I would not ask a man Egyptian or any man to have a DATE with me,

Lol! [Big Grin] Well, if I SAW YOU and I liked you, I would say, "can you help me to fix a bulb in my bathroom because the landlord is unavailable and I need the light". [Big Grin] ( this is if you are living in my appartment complex) [Big Grin] and I met you by the mail boxes and you told me "Hi!".

Now you tell me, what woman never asked for HELP?

I bet - all ladies asked at least 1 time in their life. So it's ok to ask, don't you think? [Wink] as long as lady won't mention DATE. [Big Grin]

Men are in different position because they have less choices, and they don't need a woman's help to fix things. So they are left with direct approaches. Yes or No my dear. [Big Grin]

It's not less choices. We -men- are stright forward human beings, we know what we want and we go for it. We have problems understanding clues and hints about relationships and we actually hate them.

If you ask me to fix your bathroom bulb I will be happy to do it for the exchange of having my clothes cleaned.

Posts: 1539 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Lazeez I don't clean clothes for a man - I do my own clothes, or I hire a maid, and he does his own clothes. Man is not incapable of washing, right?

Fixing the bulb is something I can do on my own or I call a landlord to do it for me, although my good natured ex fiance was more than happy to fix anything I asked him for. [Big Grin]

I guess, some men are givers, some takers and I don't need a service man. You missunderstood my joke. LOL!

' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

quote:
Originally posted by Marcella:
Oh come one,if I know why are you asking him,he will also know that.Or do you think they are so stupid?Why did he tell you that?Because this is something between man and woman,here in this life we all have differences not just physical but also communicative and to me it is absolutely clear,you were only one who has asked him.

How do you know why I am asking? Maybe I am asking for someone else? LOL! You can't know unless I confirm. Or you really take every single sentence or question exchanged between a man and a woman as "asking for a date"?

What I am saying is - why does it matter who asks. Any asnwers? [Big Grin]

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
What I am saying is - why does it matter who asks. Any asnwers?

lots of reasons. scroll back for some.
Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some men prefer to be asked out and pursued. I have a friend who's like that. He's extremely friendly and outgoing but when it comes to women he's unsure whether they are interested unless they pursue him. He has a shyness with women. It's very endearing actually.
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Talking is not solicitation - el feikh and marcella. Otherwise if that's true, how many people you solicited on this board, asking them questions? LOL! [Big Grin]
LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

quote:
[QB] Lazeez I don't clean clothes for a man - I do my own clothes, or I hire a maid, and he does his own clothes. Man is not incapable of washing, right?

I'm glad you told me this before we date
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
WTF are you talking about stone?
Marcella
Member # 10978

quote:
Talking is not solicitation - el feikh and marcella. Otherwise if that's true, how many people you solicited on this board, asking them questions? LOL! [Big Grin]

About your first question above:Because I'm thinking and there is nothing more interesting then humans thinking and psychology.And I'm not trying to be smart now but from your question it is clear.That's it.BTW did you say it was MAYBE for someone else?Is it different?You just ask for someone else but with the same point!!!

Your second question:asking here is absolutely different then asking for a date.

' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Marcella - Asking questions is not asking for the date. Asking for the date is asking for the date. [Smile]

It seems to me that you "know" before you actually know. So you assume. [Big Grin] Sometimes it's correct sometimes it's not correct. Because, in reality - you really don't know. Just because someone asks question doesn't mean they are asking YOU for a date. It could be many other motivations and reasons. If the guy RESPONDS in favorable way and you had all along the date in your mind, than it's not a DATE unless he suggests by directly asking.

You view date as some form of marriage proposal, and where I live people, friends, anyone with common interest arrange meetings, goings, picnics, museum visits all the time without thinking they were asked for a date in a romantic way.

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
ok... i have NO IDEA what your talking about.
Marcella
Member # 10978

quote:
Marcella - Asking questions is not asking for the date. Asking for the date is asking for the date. [Smile]

It seems to me that you "know" before you actually know. So you assume. [Big Grin] Sometimes it's correct sometimes it's not correct. Because, in reality - you really don't know. Just because someone asks question doesn't mean they are asking YOU for a date. It could be many other motivations and reasons. If the guy RESPONDS in favorable way and you had all along the date in your mind, than it's not a DATE unless he suggests by directly asking.

You view date as some form of marriage proposal, and where I live people, friends, anyone with common interest arrange meetings, goings, picnics, museum visits all the time without thinking they were asked for a date in a romantic way.

I was replying on YOUR QUESTION HERE.Don't talk about this or that but keep talking about the subject that you posted in here.
karla
Member # 5472

How Should a Woman Ask a Man Out?

After a failed marriage, I'm just now re-entering the dating scene, but I'm not sure how the rules have changed. These days, is it OK for a woman to ask a man out? And what's the best way to do it?

Nicholas Boothman responds:

Should a woman ask a man for a date? Conventional wisdom says, "No, it's the man's job to do the pursuing." Reality says, "Sure, why not?" And why not indeed? Because it works. I have met dozens and dozens of couples where the woman did the asking and the result is a happy, balanced, long-term life together.
What's the best way to do it? Ask without asking. Use an indirect or soft question. Did you ever notice that if you say to someone, "I wonder what time it is," they'll tell you the time, even though you didn't directly come right out and ask for the time. Or if you say, "I don't know what kind of movies you enjoy," they spill the beans and tell you. When you use a statement like this, especially with questioning body language -- raised eyebrows or raised hands -- and a questioning voice inflection, the person will willingly answer a question that was never even asked in the first place. This is a time-tested way for a woman to ask a man out on a date. It even works on paper.

Trina is a columnist with a large city newspaper. "I met James when we went for a business lunch -- it was a Thursday," she told me one Sunday afternoon at a house party. "For two hours we talked about everything. I couldn't stop thinking about what a good time I had. I wanted to do something about it. On Friday I wrote a short thank-you note that said, 'Thanks for a great lunch. I really enjoyed myself, and the conversation. I am not sure of your personal circumstances but, if you are able and would like to, I'd like to take you for dinner sometime.'

"Right after I sent the note, I wanted to get it back, but it was too late -- it was gone. I went away for the weekend with some girlfriends, but I couldn't stop thinking about it. I was nervous, but didn't see that much downside, other than not hearing from him at all -- which would have been equivalent to a 'no' and a little hurt to the ego.

"When Monday came, the phone rang and it was him. I felt relieved. We went for dinner on Tuesday night, and hey -- now it's 15 years later, and James still has the note."

The business of a woman asking a guy out is to some degree a generational thing: The younger you are, the more acceptable it is; the older you are, the more it might make either or both of you uncomfortable. But, gals, whatever your age, I think you'll be amazed how many guys will be flattered, relieved and impressed that you made the effort. And honestly, what have you got to lose? If you're really nervous, turn it around and be playful: "I had a great time talking with you," you can say, "and I think it'd be great if you asked me out." If your rapport has been really good and he looks to be getting the hint, you could even reinforce it with some fun body language, like smiling, widening your eyes expectantly and nodding your head "yes."
souce http://www.thirdage.com/romance/experts/boothman/archive/03.html

expatincairo
Member # 11278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for expatincairo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i wish women would ask me out for a date. unless she is ugly of course, but still then, if she is good conversation it would be fun.
Posts: 2 | From: cairo | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
geminilion
Member # 9683

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for geminilion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Samia:

How true! BTW I think
Posts: 63 | From: New York | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com