EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » How do you walk away (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: How do you walk away
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How do you walk away from the one person you love the most, the person you feel you were destined for. Circumstances are always in the way. What does one do when they come to realize that they can no longer make the trips to egypt 2 times a year for a month each time financially and her love refuses to set foot in the usa?? When she loves him so much that she can no longer stand being away from him for the extended periods of time. When she is getting ready to go and stay with him for a month in less than 2 weeks and is already crying cause she knows that once she is there the month will pass and she will be leaving him once again for months and months knowing that soon you will lose him anyway cause you cant afford to keep returning......cant move there many problems in that, he refuses to even visit. Says he will not support this government by buying anything here including food.... How do you walk away from the one person you love and want the most in the whole world( literally)
Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike rozier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love hurts, love scars,
Love wounds, and marks,
Any heart, not tough,
Or strong, enough
To take a lot of pain,
Take a lot of pain
Love is like a cloud
Holds a lot of rain
Love hurts, ooh ooh love hurts

--------------------
The ground at Calvary's Cross is level

Posts: 1172 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonomod_me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mike rozier:
Love hurts, love scars,
Love wounds, and marks,
Any heart, not tough,
Or strong, enough
To take a lot of pain,
Take a lot of pain
Love is like a cloud
Holds a lot of rain
Love hurts, ooh ooh love hurts

Did another woman kick you in the groin?
Posts: 1765 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike rozier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that was acctually quite a witty retort for you.

[Smile]

--------------------

Posts: 1172 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels,
but have not love,
I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge,
and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

If I give away all I have, and if I deliver my body to be burned,
but have not love,
I gain nothing.

Love is patient and kind;
love is not jealous or boastful;
it is not arrogant or rude.
Love does not insist on its own way;
it is not irritable or resentful;
it does not rejoice at wrong, but rejoices in the right.

Love bears all things,
believes all things,
hopes all things,
endures all things.

Love never ends;
as for prophecies, they will pass away;
as for tongues, they will cease;
as for knowledge, it will pass away.

For our knowledge is imperfect and our prophecy is imperfect;
but when the perfect comes, the imperfect will pass away.

When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child;
when I became a man, I gave up childish ways.

For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face.
Now I know in part; then I shall understand fully,
even as I have been fully understood.

So faith, hope, love abide, these three;
but the greatest of these is love.

--------------------

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2 things.

1. he REFUSES... makes me think, er one sided love there babe. no political crap that small would prevent him from coming to you if he loved you.

2. there are more than 2 countries in the world that you could live in.

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Corinthians 1:13...very nice scripture. [Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by mike rozier:
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels,
but have not love,
I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge,
and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

If I give away all I have, and if I deliver my body to be burned,
but have not love,
I gain nothing.

Love is patient and kind;
love is not jealous or boastful;
it is not arrogant or rude.
Love does not insist on its own way;
it is not irritable or resentful;
it does not rejoice at wrong, but rejoices in the right.

Love bears all things,
believes all things,
hopes all things,
endures all things.

Love never ends;
as for prophecies, they will pass away;
as for tongues, they will cease;
as for knowledge, it will pass away.

For our knowledge is imperfect and our prophecy is imperfect;
but when the perfect comes, the imperfect will pass away.

When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child;
when I became a man, I gave up childish ways.

For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face.
Now I know in part; then I shall understand fully,
even as I have been fully understood.

So faith, hope, love abide, these three;
but the greatest of these is love.

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zanuu
Member # 11258

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for zanuu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi
hope you sort things out
i know how much you care

Posts: 58 | From: ireland and egypt | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zanuu
Member # 11258

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for zanuu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi
hope you sort things out
i know how much you care
Sent an email to your address

Posts: 58 | From: ireland and egypt | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KERDA(chimps:)munki dnt chop banana
Member # 11116

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KERDA(chimps:)munki dnt chop banana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
its hard beleive me i can understand where she is coming from ,i actually nearely gave up even though i love him i sometimes wonder if i did the right thing in marrying him for sum its like cming to another planet here hes finding it so hard i actually feel sorry for him ,i shudnt say this but ny hubby has so much pride but i caught him crying the other night ,he loves us but at the same time hes so alone i will pray for her to find strength i dont know her name to remeber her in my prayers but i think he will know who i am talking off and i hope my husband finds strength to stop feeling lonely too ,w/s sister
Posts: 354 | From: deputydawgland | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chimps yes i know there is more than 2 countries to live in but the problem is that i have 3 children and my ex husband will not allow me to take them away from here and i cant leave them that would make me a horrible mother and they have the rest of their lives to live. I wont abandon them.
As for #1 yeah, that is sometimes how i feel but i do know he loves me after all the man goes months without me and is still faithful and that alone says alot. But also government things are not so little. He is part palestinian so the usa support of isreal and then the attack on iraq and other things make him very angry and hateful of the usa. Im amazed that he loves me as i come from here lol.
I know none of that should stop him as the rest of his family travels here and his brother has lived here for 13 years. But i fully understand why he doesnt want to be here. But i feel he is stubborn, overly stubborn and that he is destroying any chance our future has over something that we cant control. As if my government gives a rats a** if he comes here or not. The only people he is hurting with this is me and him and his family here that he wont come and see.
I waited so long for him to love me back. I was engaged to someone else when he told me that he was in love with me and that is all it took for me to call off that engagement and go running to him. I had waited for nearly 2years for him to say it and then he did. so now a year and half later,,, I love him more than ever, he is the one i want to share my life with, but its just that i want to share my life with him not live my life separated from him. When we are together it is pure joy and heaven, when we are apart torture.. so 10 months torture 2 months happiness..... doesnt seem to balance out does it
But how can i let him go when i love him so much but i also realize that soon i wont have the money to afford the trips to see him anymore. Then what......
My heart is shattered and i havent even lost him yet.
I am to go to him on july 6th and i am already in tears every day every moment i am alone because i know i have to leave him to come back home alone again.

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
kerda
I know the feeling you have about your husband. The man i was engaged to before this was egyptian also, I had made it clear that he would have to move here and when we would go out in egypt with his friends my heart would break cause he has so much in egypt and who was i to take him away from all of this???
His family his business his friends,, for a lowly life here in the states as i am not rich, not even close, my income is actually considered poverty level though i do get by fine without the help of welfare or child support.
But I always thought of the fact that he would be leaving everything behind for only me... It was sad. I am praying for your husband to be strong and to find comfort. Hopefully he will be able to visit home and feel better.

--------------------

daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mysticheart, can i ask a question? It's going to sound really harsh, but I don't mean it that way. But why did he start dating you in the first place? When it seemed like it would only lead heartache? [Frown]
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Mostly my fault i feel. We had known each other a long time and had a previous relation with each other. We both moved on and found other people, it didnt work, We simply cannot find anyone that understands eachother or compliments eachothers personalities as we do for eachother. I dont know why he decided to tell me he loves me when he knew i wanted marriage and he knew that would mean coming here... I dont know why i accepted his terms of no marriage and him not moving here when i want that other than i loved him so much i didnt want to lose him from my life completely.I kept it in my head that maybe he would change his mind, that he would eventually love me enough that he wouldnt want to be apart anymore and would come. I accepted the terms of going and visiting a few times a year but my work will not allow it more than the 2 times a year. we had hoped for every 3 to 4 months but this is what we got, 2 times a year. It was like this, i was engaged and he was my best friend, then out of the blue he told me that he was in love with me and i could either marry and he would leave my life for good or i could be with him. i chose him, all this is my fault but i dont know how to be without him. And now this isnt enough, i cant be away from him like this any more, something needs to change
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
oh and get this,, convieniently just days after this feeling over whelms me and i tell him how i feel and he tells me yet again he will never live here my ex fiance, the one i left him for sent a message to my friend in florida trying to reach me. its been a long time since i have spoken to him at all,, he told her to tell me that no matter what ive done that he still loves me and is still waiting for me. He says that i am the only woman his heart wants and i am the only one worthy enough to carry his name lol why does life need to be so messed up
I want to marry the man i am with
and thats not going to happen

--------------------

daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry, mysticheart. [Frown] That's a really rough situation. No easy answer. I wouldn't say this situation is *mostly your fault.* He declared feelings for you without thinking them through. That's wonderfully romantic but not very practical. Could be seen as selfish, too, since he's diverted your life for several years where you may have been able to meet someone you are very compatible with at home. So how about a little blame on both sides in the name of romance? Because it's a very romantic story.... [Smile]

However, you shouldn't be in a situation that makes you so miserable. I think you are right to seriously consider ending this. I know that is extraordinarily difficult, but if circumstances between the two of you can't change, it's probably for the best.

You're in my prayers...

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
Originally posted by mysticheart:
oh and get this,, convieniently just days after this feeling over whelms me and i tell him how i feel and he tells me yet again he will never live here my ex fiance, the one i left him for sent a message to my friend in florida trying to reach me. its been a long time since i have spoken to him at all,, he told her to tell me that no matter what ive done that he still loves me and is still waiting for me. He says that i am the only woman his heart wants and i am the only one worthy enough to carry his name lol why does life need to be so messed up
I want to marry the man i am with
and thats not going to happen

Well, don't settle for the next-best. (Not saying you would). If you do break up with your current guy, you'll need time alone to heal completely so that you *can* love someone else in a healthy, enduring manner.

Personally, I don't believe there is one soul mate out there for us. i believe we run into certain people in life with whom we click, and they, under the right circumstances, can become our soulmate. (In other words soulmates are made, not found). So if there is one out there you click with, there will be more.

Member # 11116

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KERDA(chimps:)munki dnt chop banana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Chimps yes i know there is more than 2 countries to live in but the problem is that i have 3 children and my ex husband will not allow me to take them away from here and i cant leave them that would make me a horrible mother and they have the rest of their lives to live. I wont abandon them.
As for #1 yeah, that is sometimes how i feel but i do know he loves me after all the man goes months without me and is still faithful and that alone says alot. But also government things are not so little. He is part palestinian so the usa support of isreal and then the attack on iraq and other things make him very angry and hateful of the usa. Im amazed that he loves me as i come from here lol.
I know none of that should stop him as the rest of his family travels here and his brother has lived here for 13 years. But i fully understand why he doesnt want to be here. But i feel he is stubborn, overly stubborn and that he is destroying any chance our future has over something that we cant control. As if my government gives a rats a** if he comes here or not. The only people he is hurting with this is me and him and his family here that he wont come and see.
I waited so long for him to love me back. I was engaged to someone else when he told me that he was in love with me and that is all it took for me to call off that engagement and go running to him. I had waited for nearly 2years for him to say it and then he did. so now a year and half later,,, I love him more than ever, he is the one i want to share my life with, but its just that i want to share my life with him not live my life separated from him. When we are together it is pure joy and heaven, when we are apart torture.. so 10 months torture 2 months happiness..... doesnt seem to balance out does it
But how can i let him go when i love him so much but i also realize that soon i wont have the money to afford the trips to see him anymore. Then what......
My heart is shattered and i havent even lost him yet.
I am to go to him on july 6th and i am already in tears every day every moment i am alone because i know i have to leave him to come back home alone again.

sorry i didnt see all of the story ,IM So SORRY ,im too in a different boat i feel im gonna lose my husband to go back home i feel it really i do his mum loves me and shes in hospital now and i knowhes worried ,but he let them plenty money he wrked for goverment u see so he wason good money for him has egyptian ,but now they wanting him to send money home i havent got much coming in any more ,and hes not wrking until september now teachers post which strts so we living on what i earn and hes frustrated and really i know he wants to support them but i got a family here has well to support ,and i know he really os home sick a lot ,he wont go out hes a loner has well and its his fault for not trying i do alot forhim but other personal stuff in my life i have to contend with have a sick child has well donthelp ,but if he clearely dont try i can honestly seeing me packing his bags and sending him home its driving me nuts even though i have sacrificed a lot on my side with coming from a totaly different muslim culture to his and yeah it does clash has well ,i wish you plenty wishes and luck ,w/s sister
Posts: 354 | From: deputydawgland | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
im sorry sweet, i think i had read on here that your child was sick but i didnt catch what was wrong. Well i do pray for you and wish you the best as well, I know everyone has problems and im not alone and mine are far from being the worst things on earth. He tells me im being selfish......... hmm maybe i am

--------------------

Member # 11116

Member Rated:
no ur not selfish ,i try and tak wif my hubby and i always said i wudnt havepain in my heart again i have another type of pain there ,but he hit the heart now like the pain i had before when my ex cheated on with me and me and little girl caught him ,id vowed never never to feel that pain but wham soleman has hit it ,im here now and my hubby upstairs in bed what does that say ,but actually i got a exam so i m revising its the only time i actually get to my self most of the time to think cant revise in day for sum reason only early hrs of morning ,im not online so much now he hovers over me to see what me up to and i hate that ,by the way for any one else here if any one posseses a computer and u strt to live together bleieve me u wil find stuff on them and strt to question them WHY YOU GO THERE WHY U DO THAT AND WHO IS THAT AND WHO IS SHE /HE man it does happen ,
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
haha yes it sure does, my best friend in florida does this with her husband. I check my boyfriends computer when i am there but there is nothing that bothers me and it doesnt bother me at all that he talks to women, in fact i talk to most of them while i am there too haha. I know they all know about me and they make it clear that he makes sure to talk about me. Oh for a simpler life.
I was married for 13 years and for the last 2 to 3 years of that we slept in seperate rooms... and he was a horrible person. i couldnt even go to the grocery without him screaming that i met someone or even at church lol, i would go and he would say i was meeting someone at church.
Im sorry you are having a hard time now hon... i really do hope things get better, but i know they will god always guides us through,, somehow
If you need someone to talk to send me a private message and i will give you my emails. we can talk on instant messengers if you like..

zanuu
Member # 11258

Rate Member
I feel for you and i truly hope you will find a right balance
I have sent you an email as we both know each other from long time
Take Care

mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Thank you for the caring and kind words. I know no one can really help me in this thing. It will be however it is and i know i cant walk away. If this will end it will be him who ends it and probably soon with my constantly being upset at being apart in the last week and saying to him that i need him to be with me. Stating how i feel so strongly will indeed drive him away. Last night we were talking on here and had our first official argument over this, years and no fighting but this is causing it. He refuses to come here at all and told me that i was being selfish and self centered cause he is taking a stand in gods eyes by not coming here and that i need to learn to live life thinking of the world not my own life and wants. So he will make the trip wonderful as always and love me while he has me then after i return he will tell me that we simply want different things from life and view life differently and end things. Just a feeling or prediction if you may but .........
I view life as something to share with the one you love, little moments like lying on the couch together watching tv, sitting outside watching the children run and play,,, family things... going out to places together He doesnt see things that way .. so
whatever will happen will happen though i know what it will be knowing him so well.

--------------------

sawny
Member # 11224

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sawny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I completely understand how you feel, I used to sob and sob when I left my Egyptian partner, the female check in staff at BA even used to comfort me at the airport, I travelled back and forward for a year, lived there for 6 months, sometimes would go just for the weekend, bank holidays, whatever I could manage, I took 16 flights in one year and happily, very happily my partner joined me in the UK 3 weeks ago, a very, very happy plane journey for us both.
Posts: 66 | From: London | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
I am so happy that yours worked out so well. Congratsulations honey.See things dont always end badly.

--------------------

' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ' Sharon Stone '     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This situation is very difficult. I have never experienced it in that extent, however I had a sweetheart whom I did not see for so long yet I accepted it as the reality and never pursued it further. We remained loyal friends all these years ( for 14 years my dear [Big Grin] )

Well, this year I am going to see him, his family, and cousins and I have no idea what to expect. It could be total peace for both of us and acceptance of life "as it is" or change of events, something unexpected which I think based on the past is - highly unlikely.

Sometimes when you never think that something is possible, when you accept and lose all hopes, that is exactly when it happens. I basically gave up and have 0% hopes that anything will change, and I am also OK with it, because I had no choice but to make it easier in this way.

When you accept you stop suffering.
I hope you feel better.

Posts: 989 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gypsyprincess1
Member # 11312

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gypsyprincess1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My ex-husband attended our wedding...and my children walked me down the aisle..twin boys..and they support the happily ever after..even it means moving to Egypt..which I will do and sharing my children overseas..since they only like the villa there in the summer, my ex says I must stand up for love and comittment and in doing so...prove to the children that despite the distance and the hardship...that is unconditional love. Good luck, because I know the dilemma..and I almost threw away the best thing that happened to all of us..
It will get better...and something will help you make a decision either way.
Take care..

Posts: 53 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
I know that my children need me there in their lives. Their father isnt a horrible father but he lacks alot. He is not financially stable at all never has been, is disabled due to a bad back( he acts more than it is) and spends money on things un needed while things needed go un purchased or i see to the things that they must have. He yells alot over things that he shouldnt. And he is not the best person about making sure they take baths, brush hair and teeth things like that. My son is 16 and will soon be out of the house im sure, he lives with his father. But my girls almost 14 and 6 and half well.. the 14 year old is the one that needs me the most. Her life has been hard the last year and to leave her would probably put her into suicide as she was hospitalized for depression earlier this year. The little one, while she loves daddy, she still needs me very much.
I know what the outcome will be.
My heart is shattered already
and as for settling for second best welll....
in my eyes no matter who i end up with other than him, anyone is second best
sadly...

--------------------

gypsyprincess1
Member # 11312

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gypsyprincess1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sorry to hear all of this...as my ex-husband has remarried to a a lovely person, and the kids adore her. Prior to that, he would do as yours does..and not take care for the little things especially with hygiene and so on...so, I understand, and this is a tough one.
Damn love,so sad. I guess your luckier than alot of people for finding it in the first place. So, stay strong and be proud in the knowledge that you did the right thing. Sometimes that right thing though takes a little something from our souls. If you have the chance to see A Bridge over Madison County or read the book, and then the second one...a thousand country roads...please do. This mother makes a very similar choice..only she was married and met an unlikely love by chance.
Good luck with everything. You deserve the happy ending--hope your daughter is ok. Depression certainly is serious...and can kill...so you are right--and need to support her as much as you possibly can expecially in this age. And, the little one...needs you. Also, I might say that boys needs differ from girls needs with their mothers. So, who am I to give advice? My best regards to you.

Posts: 53 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
This feeling is horrible, here i am to leave to come back to him day after tomorrow, thursday and there is not a part of me that is excited or happy,,,, yes i am glad to be seeing him again but i feel no happiness because of the circumstances surrounding.
Here it is July 4th, i just finished my 4th double shift of work in a row, last one for a month.... and i am sitting home alone....on a day that should be spent with loved ones celebrating, just being together.
My ex husband invited me to come watch fireworks with him and the kids but my heart wasnt in it so i decided to come home instead of going there and wash dishes, clothes, pick up the living room , do all the things necessary to prepare for that trip, that has the feeling of being the end of the most important relation i have ever had in my entire life.
I know i know, i am feeling sorry for myself.
I keep searching for solutions
for a way to stay with him
but...
I want him here with me and that is never going to happen. I am tired of holidays with out the special one by my side, i am tired of days spent wishing he was there...
Im only venting people... my best friend in florida, god bless her, she hears this every night. The other night she refused to hang up cause i was so depressed she was afraid i would do something to myself. Gotta love her.

--------------------

Kaz
Member # 11400

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kaz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All, this is my first posting. I have been reading the postings for a while now and finally joined.
This is such a sad story and I can so relate to it.How can you walk away from the one person you love the most....
I met a very nice egyptian man 1 year ago whilst on holiday with my daughter. There was this very special sparkel between us but we never took it any further whilst I was there. We stayed in touch and became good friends. He was in my heart but I never mentioned it because I am 10 years older and did not want to make a fool of myself.In April this year we returned and we met again, every day,and I learned that he feels the same way. He has in the meantime been married to his cousin, family wishes, so he says....???? He says he doesn't love her and wants to be with me. We are very close and chat and phone all the time. I do believe that he loves me, he never has let me down ( apart from his bad egyptian timekeeping!)he is sweet and honest to me ( he did not have to tall me that he had married). I am returning to see him in September and I do know that I am heading for disaster!I miss him terrible, he misses me, but I do know that we will never be together forever....he will not get a visa to come to England, plus his family would never forgive him for leaving his wife and I don't want to live in Egypt as wife number 2. I have a good job here, we would struggle in Egypt for money. He keeps telling me to come and live in Egypt but I feel that I am too old to make a fool of myself. I have heard so many bad things about egyptian men and older women...it scares me to death!!He has never asked me for anything, which I surpose is good.
I love him so much, we just are so good together, when I am with him I feel "alive" but I know if I would use my head a bit more than my heart I would be wiser and walk away. Then I think to myself" why should I not be happy?" If it only lasts for a few years than I have been happy for a few years. There is no guarantee in any relationship. Egyptian man or English....How do you walk away?? I have been so unhappy since I have come back from Egypt and as happy as I am to teturn i am allready upset because I will say good bye again. What do others think about me staying in Egypt? He does not live close to his family and does not see them more than every 2 month.Is there any chance for a happy ending or am I just a stupid love sick woman????

Posts: 1 | From: England | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
He keeps telling me to come and live in Egypt but I feel that I am too old to make a fool of myself.

Hi Kaz!

So instead of you getting married and going to live in Egypt and "making a fool of yourself", you are contemplating getting involved in a long term adulterous affair with a married man 10 years younger than yourself who you have no intentions of marrying, knowing that you will have to pay for all the trips to Egypt, as he will never be able to come to you and you will probably have to pay for your accommodation and expenses while you are there as all his money will be sent to his wife, family, and possibly his children too? Do you really want me to answer your questions?

You walk away by doing the right thing and thinking about how his wife, family, and children will feel when they find out about you...or maybe the other women he told the same story to. It's not easy when you have let your heart get involved with someone you shouldn't, but that would be the right thing to do. Your heart will heal, and you will meet someone else, but what about his wife?

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
Hi All, this is my first posting. I have been reading the postings for a while now and finally joined.
This is such a sad story and I can so relate to it.How can you walk away from the one person you love the most....
I met a very nice egyptian man 1 year ago whilst on holiday with my daughter.

Is this Liney?

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=003037;p=1

mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Yeah, a bit of a different situation than mine. Im sorry for your situation hon but he did marry someone else. Family wishes or not he is married and that leaves no possibility but to walk away.Period.
As for me I am here in Egypt again, happy as ever to be with him. Treasuring every min but the thoughts of coming home are surfacing again. Still 3 weeks with him but with the bombing of beirut today it has began the end for sure. He has family in beirut and i had a dream 6 months ago that beirut was bombed and a war started, In the dream it was usa doing this but.... as you see the dream has come true.. not the usa but israel but usa backing them, minor difference. He told me when i had that dream not to worry, but also said to be sure that if a war starts there that he will go and fight. So... i feel soon i will no longer have the choice of walking away as he will be taken from me by death.
2 times today he has left me here alone to go up and be with his parents and discuss what is happening........
So much for forcing myself to enjoy being here with him and not think of being apart

--------------------

get_over_it
Member # 11286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for get_over_it     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Make the most of your time together, mystic - and try not to waste it thinking about when you have to go back to the US alone. Live for now, life's too short to spend time worrying about things beyond your control. Inshallah, your fears will come to nothing, so please try not to worry and concentrate on enjoying your precious time with the man you love, creating lots of happy memories for your future together - wherever it's going to be.
Posts: 463 | From: Other side of nowhere | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Yeah, a bit of a different situation than mine. Im sorry for your situation hon but he did marry someone else. Family wishes or not he is married and that leaves no possibility but to walk away.Period.
As for me I am here in Egypt again, happy as ever to be with him. Treasuring every min but the thoughts of coming home are surfacing again. Still 3 weeks with him but with the bombing of beirut today it has began the end for sure. He has family in beirut and i had a dream 6 months ago that beirut was bombed and a war started, In the dream it was usa doing this but.... as you see the dream has come true.. not the usa but israel but usa backing them, minor difference. He told me when i had that dream not to worry, but also said to be sure that if a war starts there that he will go and fight. So... i feel soon i will no longer have the choice of walking away as he will be taken from me by death.
2 times today he has left me here alone to go up and be with his parents and discuss what is happening........
So much for forcing myself to enjoy being here with him and not think of being apart

I think i know how you feel. Im not good at this longdistance relationsship thing....I miss my boyfriend so incredible much and the evenings and nights are veeeerrryyy looong. Im gonna go down there and visit him again in August and then he is suppose to visit me later this year fore 3 or 4 weeks if he gets a visa. I have desided if he doesn't get the visa or dont like Denmark enough to live here - I will have to break up with him. It will hurt like hell but this is also torture and I will not just be a holidaygirlfriend and see him 3-4-5 weeks a year. I want a fulltime man and if he cant be that........ [Frown] [Frown] [Frown]
Posts: 1215 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
uhm i wish mine WUD WALK AWAY [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
get_over_it
Member # 11286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for get_over_it     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's up r.i.p.R? Does he need a poke in the eye?!
Posts: 463 | From: Other side of nowhere | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
more than a poke i hate him ?
Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hala2001
Member # 10687

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hala2001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My BF of 3 years is at the moment getting things ready to apply for his visa to come here to the Uk
Inshallah
Hope he gets it then NO MORE BACKWARDS AND FORWARDS TO AND FROM UK TO EGYPT

Posts: 18 | From: egypt | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont think that I could wait 3 years on that. If we dont find a solution before next summer, - I think i will have to break up. This is nothing but pure torture. He is so sweet, romantic and absolutely fantastic and being away from each other when you are madly inlove is HELL.
Posts: 1215 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
get_over_it
Member # 11286

Tibe, can't you go to him permanently - or is that not possible? Do you love him enough to pack up and move around the other side of the world to be with him? And if not, is it fair to expect him to do the same?

What's your hubby done to upset you r.i.p.R? Did he not buy you enough mushrooms to fry? LOL

Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Yes I would quit my job, sell the house, pack my stuff and fly to Egypt if it wasn't fore my kids. Taking them so fare away from their dad, family and friends would not be fair to them. They should not suffer because I feel inlove with a egyptian man. They really love being in Egypt on vaccation but living there is a hole other story.

Me and my husband promised each other that there will never be no fighting over them. We had some friends who got divorced and the mother took their 5 year old son and moved 300 km away from his father, family and friends. That ruined the little boy (and his father too)..... So I choose not to be selffish, - but i guess thats a mothers job (you know all about that - i know)

mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
exactly hon,
Sometimes we have to sacrifice everything for the children. Im in that situation, each day i am reminded just why i divorced that man and each day i realize no matter what he is their father and they love him and he loves them so they need him no matter what his influence.
A couple days ago my 6 yr old called me here in egypt crying cause her puppy had gotten out of his pen and went next door where there is a mean dog. She was terrified that he would be killed and her father was too lazy to get off his butt and go get the dog.....
Guess he would rather his daughter be scared for life than have to move out of his chair.
Anyway Tibe, im not sure how hard it is to get a visa to where you live, the states its near impossible now, but as long as he is trying i wouldnt walk away from him. Yes it is torture but he is showing that he loves you in simply trying. My man will not try and has no desire to try. Of course i realize he would never be able to come without it being a fiance visa and that wont happen. Dont be too quick to walk away sweet girl, as long as he is trying there is hope.

And ripr, lol you sound like i did about my ex husband before i threw him out. I dreaded waking up each day and seeing him there(we slept in separate rooms at that point) i looked forward to going to work and tried my best to not hurry home after all who wants to listen to his mouth.

--------------------

mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
and by the way scared is supposed to be scarred hahahaha typed too fast and missed a letter

--------------------

Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
quote:
exactly hon,
Sometimes we have to sacrifice everything for the children. Im in that situation, each day i am reminded just why i divorced that man and each day i realize no matter what he is their father and they love him and he loves them so they need him no matter what his influence.
A couple days ago my 6 yr old called me here in egypt crying cause her puppy had gotten out of his pen and went next door where there is a mean dog. She was terrified that he would be killed and her father was too lazy to get off his butt and go get the dog.....
Guess he would rather his daughter be scared for life than have to move out of his chair.
Anyway Tibe, im not sure how hard it is to get a visa to where you live, the states its near impossible now, but as long as he is trying i wouldnt walk away from him. Yes it is torture but he is showing that he loves you in simply trying. My man will not try and has no desire to try. Of course i realize he would never be able to come without it being a fiance visa and that wont happen. Dont be too quick to walk away sweet girl, as long as he is trying there is hope.

And ripr, lol you sound like i did about my ex husband before i threw him out. I dreaded waking up each day and seeing him there(we slept in separate rooms at that point) i looked forward to going to work and tried my best to not hurry home after all who wants to listen to his mouth.

Did you leave you children with your ex-husband and followed your heart to egypt? Must break your heart to get a call like that and not be able to help....
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
They stay with him for the month i come to egypt. He wont allow me to bring them and yes it did. But i told her to take the phone to her father, gave him an earful, to which he said we are not married anymore and gave the phone back to her and went and got the dog hahaha. I bitch to him all the time when he doesnt do as he should and always get the same response,,"We are not married anymore" and then he does what i wanted

--------------------

citizen
Member # 1344

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for citizen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to admire you ladies who put your children first. That's how it should be. Love of children is the one enduring love, till death do you part. Men come and go. In love one day, out of love the next. It already happened to you
once, could happen again...and again. Especially when a different culture is involved.

Posts: 1039 | From: Cairo | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
quote:
and by the way scared is supposed to be scarred hahahaha typed too fast and missed a letter

lol i do it all the time ,its not his mouth that bothers me its his moods and we culture clashing ,no romance there any way depsite he tells me he loves me ,oh i dont know any more im fed up trying ,i sumtimes wish i had my own life bck ,but i have freedom plenty sounds bad that does ,but if you get my meaning ,hes a good man but we clashing even though we are both muslims the religious culture back drop comes into it again , [Frown]
Sweet Pea
Member # 10993

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sweet Pea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by r.i.p.R: ,no romance there any way depsite he tells me he loves me...... ,hes a good man but we clashing even though we are both muslims the religious culture back drop comes into it again , :( [/QB]
This is what I worry about in considering my future with an Egyptian man. Do you ever get to a point where the two cultures totally gel?? I dont know - maybe if we both put a lot of work into the relationship. I would like to think you get to a point where every decision isnt a struggle between the two cultures.

Off on another tangent. I have Italian in my family where the men are very romantic. That's what I was bought up seeing. Just wondering if Egyptian men in general are very romantic? On the whole I invision them to be but are they really? :confused:

Posts: 87 | From: UK | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com