EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » If you are an Egyptian woman would you ever date an American? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: If you are an Egyptian woman would you ever date an American?
' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Icon 5 posted      Profile for ' Sharon Stone '     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you are an Egyptian woman would you ever date/engage/marry an American?

I am just curious. What ladies in Egypt overall think of American men?

Posts: 989 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaZeeZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ' Sharon Stone ':

Hell no!
Posts: 1539 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marcella
Member # 10978

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marcella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you think egyptian muslim woman?
Posts: 979 | From: Another world | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know an Egyptian woman (Muslim) who married an American guy from here in Michigan. She married him in Egypt. From the pics I've seen her family seemed cool with it. Everyone looked happy and she was an absolutely gorgeous bride. They are a very happy, beautiful couple..mash'allah.
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marcella
Member # 10978

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marcella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think egyptian muslim women prefer to marry muslim man,not just because of the family,but also because they think he's gonna be better husband, [Confused] because he's a muslim,but it's not ordinance as you can see Madame M.'s story.
Posts: 979 | From: Another world | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The American man converted in order to marry this woman but they aren't very religious. Muslim women MUST marry Muslim men. Otherwise it's considered adultery.
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marcella
Member # 10978

I know about that,why do you think is it like that?I mean why muslim can marry another girls with other religion and muslim girl have to marry only muslim man?
karla
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karla         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because is write into Holy Qu'ran.
Posts: 1414 | From: far away | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marcella
Member # 10978

Sure,I know,but the REASON is....?
The problem is that muslims,know Quran but not meaning and answers when someone asks.So why is it like that?

Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

The main reason is...according to Islam the child has the religion of his father. Therefore, if a Muslim woman has a child with a Christian or Jewish man the child would be Christian or Jewish. As Muslims we should follow what the Quran (and Sunnah)says. We believe the Quran is the word of God.
Marcella
Member # 10978

Unfair!!!Just unfair.Woman is lessful and everything is about the man.Why should have my child be a muslim just because Quran says so?The child has right to choose later what or who is going to be.There is something more important that Quran never said and it is human feelings!So let's give freedom to our kids untill they will be old enough and they will be decide what is a good for them!
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Calm down, Marcella. When it comes to your own children whatever you do is between you, your hubby, and God. We can't change Islam to please everyone. You gotta take it or leave it. Sorry.
Marcella
Member # 10978

Yeah I know,how can you agree with all this?
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

It just seems natural to me. It's my chosen religion not one that my parents or anyone else chose for me. It's not for everyone though.
LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaZeeZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm Muslim and I don't agree with it Marce
Posts: 1539 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marcella
Member # 10978

What's wrong with christianity?
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Nothing is wrong with Christianity. It's one of the 3 monotheistic faiths. I just didn't agree with it so I reverted to Islam.
Marcella
Member # 10978

quote:
Originally posted by Lazeez:
I'm Muslim and I don't agree with it Marce

What is it?
Marcella
Member # 10978

quote:
Originally posted by Madame M.:
Nothing is wrong with Christianity. It's one of the 3 monotheistic faiths. I just didn't agree with it so I reverted to Islam.

So are you taking ALL islam with everything?
You haven't found anything you dont agree with?

LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

"it" the claim that Muslim woman can't marry Christian man. In Sudan, a month back, a Muslim woman married a christian man by Fatwa from one of Sudan famous scholars.
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

I think we all have things within our respective religions that we wonder about. But between Islam and Christianity..I find FAR more things I believe in and agree with in Islam. The biggies being..I don't believe Jesus is the son of God nor do I believe he is God in the flesh.
Marcella
Member # 10978

quote:
I think we all have things within our respective religions that we wonder about. But between Islam and Christianity..I find FAR more things I believe in and agree with in Islam. The biggies being..I don't believe Jesus is the son of God nor do I believe he is God in the flesh.

But no one say Jesus is a real son of God.If you was a christian you should have understand that.
Marcella
Member # 10978

quote:
"it" the claim that Muslim woman can't marry Christian man. In Sudan, a month back, a Muslim woman married a christian man by Fatwa from one of Sudan famous scholars.

What is your point?That women in islamic countries are absolutely free to marry whoever thay want to?
LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

My point is, not all Muslims believe that Islam prevents Muslim women from marrying Christian men
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

I was Catholic for 20 yrs of my life. I was baptized, took first communion, made confirmation, did confession, took 10 yrs of catechism...I think I understood what they were teaching me. If I had a dime for everytime I heard about Jesus being the son of God I'd be rich. Yeah I understand that God didn't physically impregnate Mary, istafirallah.
Marcella
Member # 10978

quote:
My point is, not all Muslims believe that Islam prevents Muslim women from marrying Christian men

Sure but this is not what Islam and Quran says.
LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

Marce, you're not the Qur'an, are you?
Marcella
Member # 10978

quote:

You are not the one who knows Quran and you know I'm right.And don't be rude.Just try explain why is there such a thing?
yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yazid904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Islam of the Prophet (pbuh) is one of equanimity to all Christian and Muslim alike. The problem is the narrowmindedness of many who claim they have divine revelation to destroy but not to educate the women and children of society.

That definately is not Islam. He who speaks against this will figuratively and methaphorically lose his head in the matter!!!

Posts: 1290 | From: usa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marcella
Member # 10978

[Confused]
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Marcella:
quote:

You are not the one who knows Quran and you know I'm right.And don't be rude.Just try explain why is there such a thing?
Actually Marcella, Lazeez is correct in what he says, there are some Muslim scholars who do believe that a Muslim woman is not prohibited from marrying a non-Muslim man. It is a minority opinion, based on their interpretation of the Qur'an, and you will find most Muslim scholars disagreeing with it, but this opinion does exist.

There are some things in Islam that are black and white, but there are a lot of areas that are open to interpretation. What you learn as you study the subject more, is whose opinions are the most reliable and based on the most reliable sources.

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Maybe it happens but I never heard of an American man going for an Egyptian girl...
you put it in the context of would an egyptian girl like an american guy, I think the biggest question is the other way around. I can't see it happening easily that an american man would be into an egyptian girl, just different and from what I have seen of our american men, they like different things in women, and egyptian women (generally) don't have it.

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

You have a point, Smuckers. Some American men may dig the exotic looks of Egyptian women (kinda like how we dig the men [Wink] ) but I don't know if they would deal with some of their behaviors.
LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

And what exactly about the American men that makes them unable to communicate with non American women? less communication skills than American women?
LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

quote:

Well, decent Egyptian families don't like to give their girls out to Non Egyptians, it's a protective beaviour. As for the ladies, for most of them I bet marrying non Egyptian isn't something that corsses their minds unlike many Egyptian men who think of marrying Non Egyptian particulary western women usually for a reason related to the difficulty of marrying an Egyptian woman.

Egyptian men are traditionally discribed in a way that makes the choice of non Egyptian man usually a last resort except for women who have a good contact with non Egyptians and can find something different than what they grew up on.

Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

By less communication skills does that mean we don't yell and screech like banshees and have a voices like snakes?

quote:
And what exactly about the American men that makes them unable to communicate with non American women? less communication skills than American women?

LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

American men voices didn't sound to me like snake talk. Is that how they sound like to American women?
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

No..American mens' voices vary. I was talking about the Egy women when I referred to the snake like voices.
LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

Stupid remarks worth no comment ...
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Stupid remarks worth no comment ...

yet you couldnt resist commenting huh?!

[Big Grin]

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

I haven't had my morning coffee yet, ya reis. Forgive me for my stupidity. [Smile]
LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

reis? I'm not your cab driver ya set [Razz]

No problem. I changed my mind, wont be sneding that post to your MIL

Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

My MIL has a cute voice actually. I was referring to women I heard on the street.

I didn't mean you're a cab driver [Smile]

Ah well ya know what I meant [Smile]

LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

quote:
My MIL has a cute voice actually.

Ah! Aren't you just a good ass kisser? [Big Grin]

You see, pleasing the MIL and winning her to your side is very important to Egyptian women. That makes you Egyptian in away.

Work on your voice as well to get full Egyptian profile.

Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

[Big Grin]

I have a sleepy voice not sure if I could get more pitch or hiss into it. [Smile]

Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I didn't mean you're a cab driver [Smile]

You did, but probably not intentionally. [Wink]

Ya rais is being used to address cab drivers, bauwabs etc., for an educated person you would use different expressions.

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
Maybe it happens but I never heard of an American man going for an Egyptian girl...

I have. And I've also seen men of German and other nationalities falling in love with Egyptian women and eventually marrying them.
Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for _Masrawi_     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dalia*:

Ya rais is being used to address cab drivers, bauwabs etc., for an educated person you would use different expressions.

not true.
Posts: 2049 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't address my doctor with ya rais – maybe you would. [Cool]
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for _Masrawi_     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bad example dalia.

u wouldnt address your doctor in egypt with anything BUT "ya doctoor" ... unless u wanna risk losing a kidney in that operation u had scheduled.

Posts: 2049 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com