EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » If you are an Egyptian woman would you ever date an American? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: If you are an Egyptian woman would you ever date an American?
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was told that the term "ya rais" meant my teacher or something like that. So that's what I was meaning.
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gypsyprincess1
Member # 11312

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gypsyprincess1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As for Jesus being the son of God...and God in flesh..in the bible as Christians we believe in the the one in three concept. Therein lies the main diffence between the Muslim and Christian faith who for sure are led to believe that jesus is the son of God, and infact is three in one.
But, all of this is open for interpretation after all..it has been transcribed by men...and we must choose to believe it if we call ourselves Christian. Just as muslims prefer to believe he was a phrophet and they do believe he will return again..just as we do.
If you ask me...I say, religion is a label...and it is a very personal and sacred thing to be spiritually connected to God. Why must we all label one another????? Too bad for the segretation of the girls who are muslim..but most probably as has been the comments...they aren't missing something they wouldn't think of in the first place.

Posts: 53 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaZeeZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Madame M.:
I was told that the term "ya rais" meant my teacher or something like that. So that's what I was meaning.

Teacher is ostaz. Rais is the boss. The biggest boss in Egypt is Mubarak. So people and ministers call on Mubarak by the word "ya rais" too.

I was only joking because I thought it was you who said that your husband use the word with cab drivers.

It seems like Egyptians have twisted alot of titles and used them with people who are not qualified to the title to flatter them, like the word Basha, Beh or Bash Muhandis.

Posts: 1539 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lazeez:
And what exactly about the American men that makes them unable to communicate with non American women? less communication skills than American women?

I know what you mean, maybe we American women understand them more because it is primariy women raising the men anyway....but their communication skills to me are very evident
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaZeeZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wont this make them your only match because Egyptian men or any men from other countries were not raised by you American women? By your reasoning, none should marry from another country!

I don't see where this thinking is coming from when there are uncountable number of American men marrying Asian, African and Latin American women! I know three of them in Egypt married to Egyptian women, so, all I can say is that you're stereotyping for some reasons I'm not interested to think of.

Posts: 1539 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No i never implied that because non american men were primarily raised by women that they should be the only match for American women only, you seem quite defensive. Also if you notice i said MAYBE, as if I am putting out a hypothosis and not that it is MY reasoning. You seem to have some personal stake in this and I don't know why that is. I think there are lots of reasons why foreigners hook up with other foreigners, i was simply throwing one possibility out for the sake of american men. If you're not interested then why reply?? [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

Have you forgotten that you were the one who said earlier "I can't see it happening easily that an american man would be into an egyptian girl, just different and from what I have seen of our american men, they like different things in women, and egyptian women (generally) don't have it." and when asked about the REASON for this claim your answer was "maybe we American women understand them more because it is primariy women raising the men anyway."

I asked for the reason behind your claim, what am I suppose to expect other than what YOU think is the reason! but then this REASON you gave makes women in general unqalified to any man from other countries as I explained before. Now you say that was not necessary your reasoning. Whose reasoning is it? Is there Smuckers1 and Smuckers 2, I should know of?

quote:
No i never implied that because non american men were primarily raised by women that they should be the only match for American women only
I didn't say you did!

quote:
I think there are lots of reasons why foreigners hook up with other foreigners, i was simply throwing one possibility out for the sake of american men.
Sharon asked about whether Egyptian women would like the idea of marrying American man. She could have simply asked for what American men think of this idea if she wanted to know and she didn't imply anything about what American men think of this idea!For no reason you got defensive by your admission and wanted to put another possibility for American man sake which I wouldn't have any problem with except that you extended your defense to a negative remark about Egyptian women by saying that the biggest question is not if Egyptian women will take an American man or not. This is like saying Egyptian women will accept any American man and now we should realize that American men wont like Egyptian women for many reasons , so it doesn't matter what Egyptian women think about this.

quote:
f you're not interested then why reply??
I said I'm not interested in the reasons behind your negative remarks not the argument you gave here. The reasons could be a bad experince on ES, or in life, or you have Egyptian co-wife you hate or MIL. Loads of possibilities and I'm not interested to know which is which.
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
quote:
Originally posted by ' Sharon Stone ':
If you are an Egyptian woman would you ever date/engage/marry an American?

I am just curious. What ladies in Egypt overall think of American men?

Maybe it happens but I never heard of an American man going for an Egyptian girl...
I can't see it happening easily that an american man would be into an egyptian girl, just different and from what I have seen of our american men, they like different things in women, and egyptian women (generally) don't have it.

We might be not as fat as American women, but I sure had some American men chasing my butt for some time.

But you would never meet those men because they would never come near Shebin elKoom!

Take D., a professor at the AUC, who was crying when I told him I did not want to marry him, or J., an American diplomat who had a svere crush on me but it wasn't mutual, or B., a manager in an international consulting company who was dying to have me but I'm not that kind..

Yeah it happens Smuck..

But hey [Smile] that was not your first dumb post!

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Yes I would.

But then again, you can't ask someone what they think of a whole nation of men!

Most of the American men I met were doctors, professors or diplomats, which makes me very positive about my experience with the way they are..

But I married and a German and "I'm lovin' it".

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fbi3
Member # 11413

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for fbi3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello,
i agree with you madam M, you are absolutely right

--------------------
ayman

Posts: 2 | From: egypt_ cairo | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Maybe it happens but I never heard of an American man going for an Egyptian girl...
you put it in the context of would an egyptian girl like an american guy, I think the biggest question is the other way around. I can't see it happening easily that an american man would be into an egyptian girl, just different and from what I have seen of our american men, they like different things in women, and egyptian women (generally) don't have it.

oh really? i was actually asked out by a very presistent american man. and when i said no because he is not muslim, he became very angry and wouln't leave me alone for two weeks.

i also have two other friends married to american men

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ngeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

you put it in the context of would an egyptian girl like an american guy, I think the biggest question is the other way around. I can't see it happening easily that an american man would be into an egyptian girl, just different and from what I have seen of our american men, they like different things in women, and egyptian women (generally) don't have it.

Now that's the first time i ever hear such a thing. In the past 5 yrs i have witnessed not less than 6 marriages between Egy women and American men. (Plus at least another 5 canadian)
From what i see, American men not only find egyptian women exotic, but also good wives and mothers. Not a single marriage of these ended up in divorce or even any disagreements.

Really, there's always a first time!!!

Posts: 1813 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ngeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by * 7ayat *:
quote:
quote:

oh really? i was actually asked out by a very presistent american man.

7ayat, were have u been all that time??? Updates please!!!
Posts: 1813 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari:
quote:
quote:

We might be not as fat as American women, but I sure had some American men chasing my butt for some time.

Hahahahahaaaaaaaaa [Big Grin] [Big Grin] Bas bas kefaya im chocking on my lunch now!!!!
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ngeg:
quote:
quote:
quote:

oh really? i was actually asked out by a very presistent american man.

7ayat, were have u been all that time??? Updates please!!!
mawgooda fel donia [Smile] nothing new under the sun. how about you? still in dubai?
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Is it cold in sydney now? How's the job search going?

I'm still in Dubai. Almost sent all my valuable suff back home. So it's a matter of time now.

--------------------
Same crap...Different toilet

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
ahh it's freezing, and raining all the time! i never saw so much rain in my life! but the good thing is, sydney has great summers so i'm looking forward to that!

as for work, well i found a part time job elhamdullelah. but i'm still looking for something better

Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
quote:

as for work, well i found a part time job elhamdullelah. but i'm still looking for something better

Hey! Mabrook...this is gr8 news begad. EnshaAllah, u ll find a good full time job. But like we used to say in Egypt: it's always easier to jump between jobs than to start from scratch. Yaani u r almost there.
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
i hope so inshallah.did you decide what you want to do, when you move to egypt?
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Not yet. But by the time I get home it will be Ramadan, so i will relaaaaaax and enjoy. Then take things as they come.

Uffffff how can we edit our posts now..i wrote choking with a c before the k and want to correct eh! Eh el sakhafa dih?

--------------------

mi feng
Member # 9378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mi feng     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Errr, can't speak for the egyptian ladies, as I ain't one, but...
I think in a lot of poor countries you can see women marry for $$$ - they got their mind on their money and their money on their mind. So the prohibition about marrying non-moslem men probably helps to keep them from marrying all kinds of guys for the uh "lifestyle" he will provide (gack).
But don't forget that there are PLENTY of American moslems, and the number is ever-growing. So Egy girl could marry converted brotha from the US.

Posts: 1161 | From: wo xiang xiao bian ji si le | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Ngeg:
Not yet. But by the time I get home it will be Ramadan, so i will relaaaaaax and enjoy. Then take things as they come.

Uffffff how can we edit our posts now..i wrote choking with a c before the k and want to correct eh! Eh el sakhafa dih?

ahhha matfakareneesh be ramadan! ana mesh 3arfa ha3mal eh men gheir ahly fel shahr dah begad
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Żou will survive. And it will be fun. It's yr first year with yr hubby..faragih 3alkonafa wel2atayef shaklohom eh feramadan [Smile]
You'll be fine akeed.

--------------------

Micia
Member # 2907

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Micia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have dated an american man for 2 years and he was the "LOVE of my life"...

What's wrong with any nationality if he feels. understands u?

Posts: 155 | From: Alexandria, Egypt | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike rozier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nothing is wrong with it, I myself have had many egyption female women throw themselfs at me..

but being a moral man I have allways talked to them about being a lil less flirtaious, not just rushing into some kinda orgy love thing with me..

I've allways told them that if our love is true we must act responsibly...

of course in their burning desire for me, they begin to hate me for being an achor of morality..

but it's the price I feel I must pay..

--------------------
The ground at Calvary's Cross is level

Posts: 1172 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

jees I give an opinion of what I have witnessed and the egyptian women FREAK OUT. [Roll Eyes]
also when I said egyptian women have qualities american men wouldn't like, I meant good things. I have the highest respect for egyptian women and think american men wouldn't be as intrested in them because they aren't so easy.
but if anyone else wants to get defensive and assume things, go ahead.

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by mike rozier:
I have allways

For a better night of good sleep I suggest you switch to tampons.
mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike rozier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari:
quote:
Originally posted by mike rozier:
I have allways

For a better night of good sleep I suggest you switch to tampons.
don't hate me because Im beutiful..

[Cool]

Posts: 1172 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cairobug
Member # 10571

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cairobug   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With a name like Smuckers

quote:
I have the highest respect for egyptian women and think american men wouldn't be as intrested in them because they aren't so easy.

I agree with u smuckers, I always figured if the guy was looking to eventually get some and egyptian girls aren't like that then what's the point of pursuing. But they do, for reasons beyond me? [Confused]
Posts: 483 | From: cairo | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com