EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » For a relationship - what's more important: religion or culture?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: For a relationship - what's more important: religion or culture?
' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Icon 5 posted      Profile for ' Sharon Stone '     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For a relationship - what's more important: religion or culture?

Or these 2 things can't be seperated?

I know many times people say they want a "religious" person but that religious person is in opinion of others not "religious" at all. I mean, it all depends who is judging, right?

Then people from the same culture but different religion tend to behave similar, almost the same so religion makes it no different.

It seems to me that culture is more an issue beacuse according to religion we are all supposed to be good people, so it must be culture that makes us different?

is it? Do we live phony lives?

Posts: 989 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
actually im with you on this ,but im having a problem with both aspects culture and religion even though we from the same religion ''islam ''im basicaly a lot different ,
Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeepRest
Member # 11218

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeepRest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ' Sharon Stone ':

yes it is phony lives, because no one follow his or her religion as they should(secret and open).

i don't care much about culture, i will take from it what only my religion agrees with it.

-like a big issue in Egypt about the 1st marriage for a man should be a young virgin, who said so??!!
-a man can't marry an older woman, who said so?
specially that prophet's Mohamed pbuh 1st wife and love was 25 years older.

-a divorced woman is a disgrace for her family? big wow for that.

-a man can't marry a woman for her money?
read ur sunnah.

-an educated religious woman wont accept a religious modest man because he's poor or not as educated as she is?
2 big wows for that. she wants a Dr with a BMW, even if he's drunk all the time.

for the people who follow the culture, i think they just don't believe in Quraan & sunnah or whatsoever their religion is telling them. so they make their own laws to follow.
leading to a disaster in the community as a whole.

Posts: 33 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonomod_me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DeepRest:
quote:

yes it is phony lives, because no one follow his or her religion as they should(secret and open).

i don't care much about culture, i will take from it what only my religion agrees with it.

-like a big issue in Egypt about the 1st marriage for a man should be a young virgin, who said so??!!

read ur sunnah.

-an educated religious woman wont accept a religious modest man because he's poor or not as educated as she is?
2 big wows for that. she wants a Dr with a BMW, even if he's drunk all the time.

for the people who follow the culture, i think they just don't believe in Quraan & sunnah or whatsoever their religion is telling them. so they make their own laws to follow.

Dude are you river of sperms by any chance?
Posts: 1765 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike rozier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
definatly religion, I would'nt marry anyone who wasen't Christain..because I would'nt have a basic understanding with them over the reason of our exsistance...and the goal of our exsistance.

culture shifts like sand..

Posts: 1172 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mike rozier:
definatly religion, I would'nt marry anyone who wasen't Christain..because I would'nt have a basic understanding with them over the reason of our exsistance...and the goal of our exsistance.

culture shifts like sand..

hi ,what if you fell inlove with another girl from a different religion ,would youput your faith first then ,just asking ,its just im having a problem with my husband even though we from the same religion we are different cultures even my aspect of praying is slightly different and alot of my culture is thrown into the religion ,and its making it hard im sumways the rest of the time in my marriage we r kool .xxjust asking
Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aya Hosni
Member # 10646

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aya Hosni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

read ur sunnah.

leading to a disaster in the community as a whole. [/QB]

Haven't read smth so good for a long time [Roll Eyes] U r 100000% right

Sonomod_me: Are u ok?

Posts: 188 | From: Baltics | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonomod_me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bite:
Haven't read smth so good for a long time [Roll Eyes] U r 100000% right

Sonomod_me: Are u ok?

Whenever am I okay? seriously?

no "river_of_love" was part of the Corv effect. Basically really mushy romantic crap, that no guy could ever come up with on his own unless he was a eunuch. Then "river_of_love" and Corv started pming female ES usernames talking dirty to them.

thats how "river_of_love" became known as "river_of_sperms" and both river of sperms and Corv were banned repeatively.

they both keep on coming back, posting their demasculated romantic eunuch crap and sending sleezy private messages.

Not that I have received a sleezy, dirty, and juicy pm. I get left out of the action. [Frown]

Posts: 1765 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aya Hosni
Member # 10646

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aya Hosni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sonomod_me: Really sorry [Wink]
I just didn't know all this history of ES and didn't get u right...Plz

Posts: 188 | From: Baltics | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

quote:

Bite will you send me a dirty, sleezy pm?

I am doing an overnighter on a final project I have been putting off and its due by noon tomorrow (well today).

Are you man enough for that?

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i got one yesterday from someone called kalma... it was lame though.
Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

quote:
Originally posted by Charm El Feikh?:

really? damn. There should be a thread that is a collection of all dirty pm's.

We should get this out in the open and critique them. Possibly have a poll on which pm was the sleeziest, most heated, most likely from a stalker, most likely from a virgin, most likely from a married man. and so forth.

Possibly a thread of pm requests detailing what female and male ES usernames want in a dirty & sleezy pm.

You know, here at ES we take our dirty & sleezy pm's seriously. [Big Grin]

Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why Im I never so lucky to have a "secret admire" like that........ [Smile]
Posts: 1215 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL!!!! YES!!!! what a good idea....

heres a copy of it.... this is an example of how NOT to do it....

"i can describ my body without sending you a naked picture as follows:
1-chocolat body ,black eye and hair with the miduim high and average body, hard penis it's working more as will you expect.
reply pls giving me your address."

OK!!! [Roll Eyes]

little more effort please!

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aya Hosni
Member # 10646

quote:
Originally posted by Sonomod_me:
quote:

Bite will you send me a dirty, sleezy pm?

I am doing an overnighter on a final project I have been putting off and its due by noon tomorrow (well today).

Are you man enough for that?

Don't be rediculous!!! Wrong address...Maybe u like these sleezy games- not me. [Frown] U could be more objective...Maybe u should have some rest- u seem to be tired of doing ur project [Wink]
DeepRest
Member # 11218

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeepRest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks Sonomod_me(who ever you are) but i am no one who posted here before.
and whatever i said was nothing romantic at all, and if any lady here in this forum got a dirty talk PM from me , she can speak up.

have a nice day, good luck with your final project.

Posts: 33 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

1-chocolat body ,black eye and hair with the miduim high and average body, hard penis it's working more as will you expect.

OK!!! [Roll Eyes]

Didn't you as fore a prove...a picture f.e??????
[Big Grin] [Embarrassed]

Posts: 1215 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
quote:

Why do you get all the "good" slimebags........
Marcella
Member # 10978

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marcella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

OK!!! [Roll Eyes]

Somebody really sent you this?
Posts: 979 | From: Another world | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
marcella.... give it time... ive had loads... get them all the time... some are polite, quite sweet actually, others make you laugh out loud, like that one.

one guy (who posts here still) sent me a really sweet one, then cause i didnt reply sent me a really nast one.

typical!

Marcella
Member # 10978

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marcella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting.
Posts: 979 | From: Another world | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well put, DR.

What does it matter if he's Corv or that other dude if what he says makes sense? Do you blame ppl for changing their screennames? Too much finger pointing and judging going on around here. I think everyone should concern themselves with their own personal demons and leave others alone. I just want to shoot the shitt, gain a little knowledge, help a brother/sister out, and have a few laughs. Save the paranoia for the professionals.

quote:
quote:

read ur sunnah.

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sweet Pea
Member # 10993

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sweet Pea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Madame M.:
[QB] Well put, DR.

I just want to shoot the shitt with ppl, gain a little knowledge, help a brother/sister out, and have a few laughs. Save the paranoia for the professionals.

Agreed!

Posts: 87 | From: UK | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Madame M.:
Do you blame ppl for changing their screennames?

i would never change my screen name.
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL! Very appropriate screen name, Miss Demeanor [Wink]
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for _Masrawi_     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there is no answer to that question ... it's a case by case scenario. it all depends on what each person values more ... their religion or their culture.

having said that, mentality tops both ... if u can match mentalities, then u can see your religious and cultural differences through.

Posts: 2049 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaZeeZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by _Masrawi_:

having said that, mentality tops both ... if u can match mentalities, then u can see your religious and cultural differences through. [/QB]

I agree...If they both agree on the way a mariage should run by then no problems. And this has less to do with tolerance as well.

Personally I can be very tolerant to other people beliefs but in marriage I prefer less compromises and more compitability... you're not sleeping with the enemy [Big Grin]

Posts: 1539 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
excellent post. my sentiments exactly. marriage is all about compatibility, if you have a partner you are compatible with its easier to practice tolerance with everyone else.
gypsyprincess1
Member # 11312

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gypsyprincess1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The post was an interesting one for sure...
I would have to say I myself have given this much thought. I would say that cultural differences can make or break us. My husband and I both share similar views on religion as a whole...so our differences don't seem to matter...but cultural issues..such as being with male friends or the such would not be cool on the streets of Cairo with him at all. It is purely a respect thing and not something that I am quite used to in my life, as I had many platonic friendships with men in my life. But, I understand this, and Egypt is different...so I must do as the egyptians do so to speak.

Posts: 53 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com