EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » DEVOIRCE

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: DEVOIRCE
TIGERESS
Member # 11571

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TIGERESS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
can anyone tell me how i can get a devoirce from my egyptian husband.how do i go about doing this can you help please
Posts: 175 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi ladyanna!

The answer to that question will depend on what sort of marriage you have: orfi, court registered civil marriage, or Ministry of Justice in Cairo marriage, and whether you both have copies of the marriage contract.

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rawy
Member # 10355

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for rawy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi ladyanna. arawy28@yahoo.com

--------------------
rawy

Posts: 66 | From: ukraine | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maadi_maadi
Member # 11565

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for maadi_maadi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just kick him out [Smile]
Posts: 54 | From: Egypt, Cairo | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maadi_maadi
Member # 11565

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for maadi_maadi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and yes, rawy will help you, he have expirience [Smile]
Posts: 54 | From: Egypt, Cairo | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TIGERESS
Member # 11571

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TIGERESS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I AM BRITISH AND MARRIED TO A EGYPTIAN AND I WILL START DIVORCE PROCEEDING SOON HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE. I MANAGED TO GET BOTH COPY ARABIC MARRIAGE PLUS ENGLISH TRANSLATION WHAT CAN HE DO SEEN I HAVE HIS COPY
Posts: 175 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happybunny
Member # 14224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happybunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go to a lawyer, they will sort it out for you. It shouldn't cost much. Is he here in the UK? If he is then you will have to tell your lawyer where he is so they can send the papers. If not as long as you prove you don't know where he is they will file it for you anyway.

Good Luck

Posts: 895 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nasrcity
Member # 15037

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nasrcity   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi ann how long have u been married to this guy and if u are working u will have to pay for it but if ur on income support u may be entitled to legal aid
Posts: 154 | From: somewhere in the uk | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ladyanna:
can anyone tell me how i can get a devoirce from my egyptian husband.how do i go about doing this can you help please

Take 2 witnesses and go to the nearest Egyptian consulate with the copy of your marriage. You may need to make an appointment first. They will register the divorce on the spot and then send the paper to Egypt to stamp. Takes 2 months approx. to get the paper back, but the divorce is legal on the spot when you are declaring it before the consul. In US it costs $100, don't know about UK - call first and ask. I would take 2 MALE witnesses, just in case. Call the Egyptian Embassy/Consulate and ask for details.
Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nasrcity
Member # 15037

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nasrcity   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
anne i wish there was some way i could chat to u more than keep sending messages as my husband is a lawyer from cairo and he will help u where he can regards nasrcity
Posts: 154 | From: somewhere in the uk | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nasrcity
Member # 15037

hi anne how are things going now i havet heard much and wonder if u have manage to sort things out
regard nasrcity

Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2006 ?! Wowz.
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, Vader, time flies [Smile] .
Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
13warrior
Member # 15335

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 13warrior     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kick him out

--------------------
warrior

Posts: 1 | From: egypt | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SO sorry to hear about these divorces. [Frown] Intercultural marriage is so difficult. Best of luck. [Frown]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com