EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Gay Arabs come out in Beirut (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Gay Arabs come out in Beirut
sara_uk
Member # 11454

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sara_uk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Demiana:
You're opinion is hurtfull and discriminating, next to ignorant. It reminds me of ignorant people over here bashing muslims, where they don't know any muslem or avoid knowing the muslems in their neighbourhood. And if they would know one, they would be obsessed with thoughts like 'does this man beat his wife?'

iam not sure what was hurtful? to say it was not genetic and it is just a choice?? this is not my theory it is the scientific theory, there are no gene identified for been gay, you can search it and come back with the name of the gene, The scientific argument for a biological basis for sexual orientation remains very weak. Please don’t tell me about study from here and there,I do medical research and the amount of junk people publish it is amazing but if you read it from scientific point view you will find that they only repeating the same things someone already published with fancy words.so iam sorry if I offended someone but been gay is not genetic and I stand by my opinion.
Posts: 816 | From: london | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Demiana
Member # 2710

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Demiana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds good medical research, literature I presume? Not a homosexual person in sight I bet!
I like the English proverb on this: 'just pathetic'.
Maybe you could do you're thesis on this subject.

--------------------
Fools blame everyone else, starting philosophers blame themselves, wise people don't blame anyone (Epictetus)

Posts: 1419 | From: Amsterdam, Netherlands | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sara_uk
Member # 11454

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sara_uk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Demina

you don't have to insult someone just because they differ to your opinion. English launguage is not my first launguage but i worked hard and got my degree and now will finish my phd in cancer resarch in two months. I don't have to prove anything to you but this is the truth.

Posts: 816 | From: london | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Demiana
Member # 2710

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Demiana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You should ask my friend if she chooses to be gay. When she was younger she had nightmares of the pope being against her and she isn't even catholic!:-) It is people like you that shun her out of society if you let'em.
Posts: 1419 | From: Amsterdam, Netherlands | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Demiana
Member # 2710

Rate Member
Congratulations Sarah
You're obviously getting an expert on something!:-)

--------------------
Fools blame everyone else, starting philosophers blame themselves, wise people don't blame anyone (Epictetus)

LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaZeeZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two things I don't discuss anymore, Homosexuality and Polygny
Posts: 1539 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sara_uk
Member # 11454

Member Rated:
Demina

Racism is always there, society can't be changed, i suffer from racism sometimes but what can we do, human been are cruel, they don't like anyone to be different. That why i can relate to x-men , how society hate these differences and people have brought up with things you can't change that, especially when religion is concerned. i know you might find it difficult to understand but religion play a major role in what people think and you don't have to be religious to make views or feeling towards issues.
Any way Demiana i do respect your opinion but we are two different people and i think you are right talking about this subject my upset people. iam not gay so i would not know what a gay person feels.

Demiana
Member # 2710

Rate Member
You're right Sara, discrimination and racism is everywhere. My religion tells me to do the best I can not to add to it myself, take off the blinders in my own eyes.
Demiana
Member # 2710

Rate Member
What's x-men anyway?

--------------------

Asoom
Member # 8611

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Asoom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Automatic:
quote:
Originally posted by Asooma:

BTW gays look like gays

That's not true. I've known Egyptians who were(probably still are) gay and I was shocked when I found out. They were as manly as any other Egyptian and one of them actually got married!!!
I don't know if that meant that he was not really gay or bisexual or whatever, but for as long as he was practicing his gayness most people who knew him including me had no clue.

Having said that I don't believe that research stuff about homosexuality being genetic and all that, it certainly is not "normal".

Exactly, it is not genetic but I was in the mall and I have noticed a group of gays. it was very obvious. Even, you know my sister fiancé told me that they are groups and they hang out in certain places!
I was shocked to know that gays in Egypt get married! I know a similar story, the victim was a very religious girl Unfortunately she get married to a "gay" she noticed that he didn’t do his job well, and he felt miserable. however, he changed his mood after he knew that she was pregnant . although he was a very rich and classy guy, she discovered that he stole her money. When her family asked his neighbors they told him that he is a very famous gay in the town. Sadly, she did abortion and got divorced.
Why did he get married ? just to tell ppl, “hey look at me I’m a man and a father too” see this is the point.

Posts: 968 | From: www | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Asoom
Member # 8611

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Asoom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mike rozier:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Marcella:
Muslims think that any muslim can't be a gay(this is a very funny and stupid meaning) but there is a lot of arabs/muslims who are a gays.

Who said that Muslims are angels?
I'm living in a muslim country and I know that there are gays living here!!
BTW gays look like gays
so Again Muslims are not Idiots??

I disagree, I find most muslims to be idiots...

of the highest order.

Bravo
I’m sorry to say that Idiots sometimes give negative stereotypes.

Posts: 968 | From: www | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
concernedforwomen
Member # 10559

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for concernedforwomen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would freak if a arab woman lesbo wanted to kiss me.
Posts: 935 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
concernedforwomen
Member # 10559

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for concernedforwomen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't agree with gayness, but I won't shun people because of it.
Posts: 935 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Demiana
Member # 2710

Rate Member
No, just ignore, don't hire them, don't pick them in you're team, don't ask them on you're birthdayparty or weddingparty, don't promote them at work and refuse them as the spouse of you're gay children.
concernedforwomen
Member # 10559

Rate Member
Demaniana, If I was a boss I would hire a gay and I would pick them on my team. I would ask them to my birthday party or weddingparty and promote them at work and accept them as the spouse of my gay children. Demiana, I know that this is a sore spot with you. I saw this movie called "The Truth about Jane", she was gay and did not want to tell her parents because she was afraid that they would hate her. It is about how they find out and how she was going threw a lot of pain and how her parents learned to accept her. It was about her struggles.
islamway
Member # 10368

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for islamway   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=001646
Posts: 1007 | From: http://www.sultan.org | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Demiana
Member # 2710

Rate Member
Yes Islamsweden we did go that round too!:-)

Hi concerned, I am sure indeed If one can see someone's struggle over it, you can understand, we all want to be loved and accepted.

sara_uk
Member # 11454

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Demiana:
What's x-men anyway?

Science fiction movie x-men are mutant who have super powers and it is about the fight between them and the normal human. Normal human want to cure them, saying that they are not normal because some have the ability for example to walk through walls and the mutant do not want to be cured. It is amazing movie must watch.
http://imdb.com/title/tt0120903/

Demiana
Member # 2710

Rate Member
Thanks Sara, I'll put it on my want-list.
Looks like a must-do for me and son!:-)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com