EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » memorial

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: memorial
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what would you like yours to be?

i saw the thread with the pictures of 7s grandads sculpture in alexandria... what a great thing to live on after you.

(can anyone tell im writing something about achievement tonight with the threads that ive started)??!!!

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
get-over-it
Member # 8447

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for get-over-it     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will have to give my own a bit of thought, but want to share my dad's with you.

My dad's big passion was cricket and he spent every weekend for every summer as far back as I can remember watching my brothers playing at the local club. My two youngest brothers are still at school and play there each weekend, and my dad used to always stand in a certain spot to watch them.

My dad had his ideas all worked out before he died - he wanted a bench to be put on "his" spot, with his ashes buried underneath, so even though he wouldn't physically be there to support his boys any more, he would still sort of be around for them. He died in the February, and his memorial bench was placed there, just as he'd asked, in time for the start of the season in April.

It's only a simple wooden bench with an inscription, but it means a huge amount to all of us.

Posts: 172 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't know quite what you're writing about Charm, but for some reason I am minded to give you a link to the following:

http://www.nanzan-u.ac.jp/SHUBUNKEN/publications/jjrs/pdf/585.pdf

Have a quick whiz through at some of the memorials in here....

(Joking aside, I actually found this very helpful in getting me to deal emotionally with sh*tloads of junk that I get sentimentally attached to and found it very hard to get rid of)

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thats so nice..

its funny... yesterday i spent 4 hours on hampstead heath walking the dog, playing with the kids etc... ive been spending lots of time on the heath these days, its where the hospital is that my boyfriends in.. and ive been looking at all the benches there with inscriptions on them... i thought to myself that they seemed to have no meaning as there are just sooo many... but your dads one sounds very personal and special... i like that.

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
get-over-it
Member # 8447

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for get-over-it     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd never really thought of it like that until last year - each one has a story, means something special to someone, somewhere. I found myself getting really wound up when we found some kids had carved graffiti into the bench a few months ago - but they wouldn't have had a clue who my dad was, and how upsetting we'd find it.

Hope your boyfriend's making progress, Charm - and you're keeping strong. Hampstead Heath is a good place to get a bit of peace and clear your poor head.

Posts: 172 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
i cant play that file old bag [Frown]

what is it?

as for what im writing, well, im trying to work out whats important in my life now, things have changed so much in the last two weeks... crumbs, just looked at the clock... it happened at 00:13 this night two weeks ago... unlucky 13 aye (and the phone they stole off him was delivered on the 6th of the 6th 06 and the last 3 digits were 666)!...

anyway, i digress... i have just been thinking about what i wish id done, what i still could do, what im looking forward to in my future, what i want to achieve from the very big to the very small and how i want to be remembered.

im trying to think of different things to the plan/thoughts i did have... just a good time for some new direction.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Charm we all do believe me. And certain happenings in life make you realize how precious actually life is.

Yes and I hope your boyfriend is doing already better. All my best wishes for him, you and the children.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com