EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » HAPPINESS IS...... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: HAPPINESS IS......
Habibty
Member # 11721

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habibty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WELL, COMING TO EGYPT FOR GOOD THIS TIME… AS A MATURE WOMAN FROM THE UK I HAVE FINALLY MET MY DREAM MAN, ONLINE OF ALL PLACES…. HAMDY IS NOT LIKE THE OTHER EGYPTIANS I HAVE KNOWN….HE IS DIFFERENT. HE TELLS ME EVERY DAY HOW MUCH HE LOVES ME AND WE ARE BOTH EXCITED ABOUT THE FUTURE…HE HAS NO PROBLEM WITH OUR AGE DIFFERENCE. HE IS ONLY 24, AND I WAS WORRIED AT FIRST, BUT,WHEN WE MET, IT WAS NO PROBLEM. HE MAKES ME FEEL YOUNG AND FRESH. HIS FAMILY WELCOMED ME WARMLY AND MADE ME FEEL AT HOME. THEY HAVE VERY LITTLE SO IT MAKES ME FEEL GOOD TO BE ABLE TO HELP THEM OUT A BIT FINANCIALLY. I HAVE SOLD ALL OF MY POSSESSIONS AND WE ARE GOING TO BUY A VILLA IN HIS VILLAGE IN EGYPT. THEN IN NOVEMBER, WE ARE GOING TO THE UK TOGETHER TO SELL MY HOUSE THERE AND START A NEW LIFE. WE ARE INVESTING THE MONEY FROM THE UK HOUSE IN A COFFEE SHOP IN HIS VILLAGE.HIS UNCLE HAS ONE FOR SALE DUE TO HIS BAD HEALTH, SO IT WILL WORK OUT FINE. HIS COUSIN WILL RUN THE COFFEE SHOP.HE IS A VERY NICE AND TRUSTWORTHY GUY. SOME PEOPLE HAVE SUGGESTED THAT I AM NAĎVE ABOUT THIS MARRIAGE BUT I CAN TELL YOU IT HAS BEEN THE MOST WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE. HAMDY HAS NEVER ASKED ME FOR ANYTHING. WHEN WE HAVE TEA AND SHISHA, HE ALWAYS PAYS. HE DOESN'T HAVE MUCH MONEY, HE TRIES HIS BEST FOR ME, THATS WHY I LOVE HIM. AFTER HE WAS ABLE TO GET THE ARMY TO ACCEPT A PAYMENT IN LIEU OF ARMY SERVICE , HE WAS FREE TO DIVORCE HIS PREVIOUS WIFE, AND BE TOTALLY FREE. HE WILL SEE HIS CHILDREN OFTEN OF COURSE. SO DON’T WORRY…EVERYTHING IS OK…HAMDY HAS SAVED ME FROM THE OTHER MEN WHO SEEM TO JUST WANT TO TAKE A PERSONS MONEY.
I AM NOT A STUPID OLD WOMAN LOOKING FOR A YOUNG GUY, I HAVE HEARD ALL THE STORIES BUT REALLY THIS GUY IS DIFFERENT.HE LOVES ME FOR WHAT I AM, NOT WHAT I CAN GIVE HIM.
ANYBODY IN A SIMILAR SITUATION AS ME?

Posts: 18 | From: Manchester/Egypt | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'll buy you a cup of tea if you sell your house for me.

are you for real?

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
malak
Member # 3654

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for malak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's not from Luxor is he??? A family friend, older lady, just did teh same thing about 3 years ago, sold up here in the UK, love of her life, family loved her etc.. etc... Bought land, in his name... built an apartment block, and he kicked her out, moved all his family in, who worshipped her while she was paying for all this once finnished, that was it. Dont get caught up and left with nothing... have a contingnecy plan.
She now has nothing and what a shame!

Posts: 288 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
she cant decide if shes from london or manchester herself, so god knows where hes from... hurghada el sheik perhaps?!
Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Habibty..... do you realise what you're doing???
Come to Hurghada, sit in a coffee shop, and see ugly fat old women being scammed by young Egyptians every day of the week!!
Is he a muslim? Have you discussed religion, and your life??
Get real, living in Egypt entails more than you obviously think you know about!
What age are you?
Hang on to your money, I've got a feeling you'll be needing it!!!
Read the words from Malak.... do you see yourself as different??

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by malak:
He's not from Luxor is he??? A family friend, older lady, just did teh same thing about 3 years ago, sold up here in the UK, love of her life, family loved her etc.. etc... Bought land, in his name... built an apartment block, and he kicked her out, moved all his family in, who worshipped her while she was paying for all this once finnished, that was it. Dont get caught up and left with nothing... have a contingnecy plan.
She now has nothing and what a shame!

Was his name Hamdy, by any chance??? [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
A MATURE WOMAN FROM THE UK
MET MY DREAM MAN
HAMDY IS NOT LIKE THE OTHER EGYPTIANS
HE IS DIFFERENT.
HE TELLS ME EVERY DAY HOW MUCH HE LOVES ME
HE IS ONLY 24
HIS FAMILY WELCOMED ME WARMLY
THEY HAVE VERY LITTLE
HELP THEM OUT A BIT FINANCIALLY
I HAVE SOLD ALL OF MY POSSESSIONS
WE
BUY A VILLA
TO THE UK TOGETHER
SELL MY HOUSE
INVESTING THE MONEY FROM THE UK HOUSE IN A COFFEE SHOP IN HIS VILLAGE.
HIS UNCLE HAS ONE FOR SALE
DUE TO HIS BAD HEALTH
HIS COUSIN WILL RUN THE COFFEE SHOP.
HE IS A VERY NICE AND TRUSTWORTHY GUY.
WHEN WE HAVE TEA AND SHISHA, HE ALWAYS PAYS.
THE ARMY TO ACCEPT A PAYMENT IN LIEU OF ARMY SERVICE
HE WILL SEE HIS CHILDREN OFTEN OF COURSE.
SO DON’T WORRY…EVERYTHING IS OK
HAMDY HAS SAVED ME FROM THE OTHER MEN WHO SEEM TO JUST WANT TO TAKE A PERSONS MONEY.
I AM NOT A STUPID OLD WOMAN
REALLY THIS GUY IS DIFFERENT.

thousands!

simpri
Member # 11573

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for simpri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Habibty, how old are you? I know what you mean when you say you know he's not like the others you've met, but we can't know that or we wouldn't receive such cautions from everyone. So PLEASE, be aware and be cautious. Listen to the advice you're receiving from others! You cannot know what the outcome of this will be, are you sure he's divorced in reality and not wanting to set his other family up once all your plans are in place?? Ask yourself why a 24-year old with young children already, (therefore someone who has previously enjoyed a younger woman in his life), now wants to settle with someone older.

I don't want to spoil your happiness, I am sort of in your situation but without having commited anything to our future, and I still have my suspicions of his motives, although I think they're very different, but just as dastardly. Much as I want you to be right, as I want to be right in my situation, I cannot help but write and beg you to be CAUTIOUS, take it SLOWER. How long have you known him, and how much time have you spent together? Long enough not to make a mistake that will ruin your life I hope.

Posts: 61 | From: UK | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Charm el Feikh?:

thousands!

PMSL!!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Samia:
quote:

thousands!

Me too. [Smile] [Smile]
Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
get_over_it
Member # 11286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for get_over_it     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where's the search button when you need it? I've seen this before, I swear I have - caps and everything
Posts: 463 | From: Other side of nowhere | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Luxorlover:
quote:
Originally posted by Samia:
quote:

thousands!

Me too. [Smile] [Smile]
I'm Pelham Masonic Soccer League too!

[Razz]

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by get_over_it:
Where's the search button when you need it? I've seen this before, I swear I have - caps and everything

Not sure I've seen the post before..... just seen the story in 100 different versions...... all with the same ending!!! [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]
maryanne
Member # 9311

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for maryanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope everything works out well for you..just leave something behind for yourself..

--------------------
Every morning is a fresh beginning. Every day is the world made new. Today is a new day. Today is my world made new. I have lived all my life up to this moment, to come to this day. This moment - this day - is as good as any moment in all eternity.

Posts: 224 | From: england | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habibty
Member # 11721

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habibty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CHARMEL FEIKH . I AM ORIGINALLY FROM MANCHESTER BUT I LIVE IN LONDON.

SAMIA I KNOW I HAVE HEARD STORIES ABOUT YOUNG EGYPTIAN MEN BEFORE BUT I AM NOT UGLY OR FAT. HAMDY TELLS ME I AM BEAUTIFUL AND I REALLY DO BELIEVE HIM.HE MAKES ME FEEL GOOD ABOUT MYSELF. YOUR SARCASM IS UNNECESSARY. MAYBE YOU WISH YOU HAD A MAN LIKE MINE?

WHAT IS PMSL?

MALAK HE IS NOT FROM LUXOR HE IS FROM A VILLAGE CALLED NAJ HAMMADI NEAR QENA.

SIMPRI I HAVE ONE CHANCE IN MY LIFE TO BE HAPPY. I AM PREPARED TO TAKE THIS CHANCE. I THINK I AM OLD ENOUGH TO BE ABLE TO TELL IF A MAN IS LYING AND I AM SURE HE IS NOT, BUT THANK YOU FOR YOUR ADVICE.
WE SPOKE AT GREAT LENGTH ONLINE LAST NIGHT AND I TOLD HIM OF THE DOUBTS PEOPLE HAVE.HE SAYS PEOPLE WILL ALWAYS TRY TO PUT IDEAS IN MY HEAD, BECAUSE OF JEALOUSY.
ALL I KNOW IS AT THIS TIME I WANT TO BE WITH THIS MAN AND I AM PREPARED TO GO THROUGH ANYTHING JUST TO BE WITH HIM. EVEN THOUGH PEOPLE ARE CYNICAL I AM SURE HE IS THE RIGHT MAN FOR ME. HE HAS DONE SO MUCH FOR ME ALREADY AND HE HAS NEVER ASKED ME FOR ANYTHING IN MY LIFE. EVERYTHING I HAVE GIVEN HIM I GAVE OF MY OWN ACCORD.
MARYANNE THANK YOU FOR YOUR GOOD WISHES.
THANK YOU ALL OR YOUR ADVICE.

Posts: 18 | From: Manchester/Egypt | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NourHayati
Member # 5507

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NourHayati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Habibti, just keep something for yourself, just in case. One never knows what life brings. I wish you have a happy and long life with this guy.
Posts: 327 | From: balad alnour | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habibty
Member # 11721

Rate Member
NOUR HAYATI THANK YOU FOR YOUR GOOD WISHES. I WOULD GIVE ANYTHING FOR HAMDY, HE MAKES ME SO HAPPY. I CANT WAIT TO START MY NEW LIFE WITH HIM.IN MY HEART I KNOW HE IS A GOOD MAN.
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Habibty:
SAMIA MAYBE YOU WISH YOU HAD A MAN LIKE MINE?

WHAT IS PMSL?

AAAAAAAAAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE!!!!!

now THAT is really, REEEALLY funny!!!!!

FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY RIPR HERE WHAT I MISS ,GODDAMN KEYBORED MESSED UP WITH ME ..I WAS BLIND AS A BAT ,LOL LOL

HEY YOU DONT WANT MINE THE BLOOD SUCKING LEACH ..
GALDLY GIVE U

Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
WHAT IS PMSL?

Pissed Myself Laughing
Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
quote:

SAMIA YOUR SARCASM IS UNNECESSARY. MAYBE YOU WISH YOU HAD A MAN LIKE MINE?

WHAT IS PMSL?

Yes I really wish I had a toyboy young enough for me to have given birth to who was going to screw me for everything I've got.....there's really nothing more I wish for in this life!!!

[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

SIMPRI I HAVE ONE CHANCE IN MY LIFE TO BE HAPPY.

Why do you think that? We have infinite chances at happiness.
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't remember who wrote it and where and when, but wasn't there a very similar post recently starting something like "I AM WHITE WOMAN 35 BUT VERY PRETTY" ... and then the same sort of story?

I'm pretty sure it's the same fake ... [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Dalia*:
Don't remember who wrote it and where and when, but wasn't there a very similar post recently starting something like "I AM WHITE WOMAN 35 BUT VERY PRETTY" ... and then the same sort of story?

I'm pretty sure it's the same fake ... [Roll Eyes]

Dalia I hope you're right.... it's sad to think so many women could really be as stupid as this one!!!
simpri
Member # 11573

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for simpri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's just a saying 'one chance', we do have many chances, but each time we take one it's always the 'one chance' this time because it seems like the last chance every time.... Like you Habibty, I thought I was old enough to tell when a man is lying, but a spaniard managed to persuade me he was true, until he moved in, two weeks later I asked him to leave .... He changed his personality once he had what he wanted, I was just lucky he accepted my determined demand he leave. But it did not stop me falling again into the same situation of younger man online. I truly hope everything you hope for is exactly what you get and you do find true happiness. There's only one way to find out, do it, but still like NourHayati said keep something back for yourself, it can't hurt and you'll have some personal security even though you may not need it. Good luck with everything.
Posts: 61 | From: UK | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not everyone is the same. I hope it all works out for you Habibty. Everyone except for my best friend here in the states tells me i am stupid for believing my love is faithful to me for the months we are apart, but i know in my heart and mind that he is faithful. Many tell me to stop drinking the water while im there cause it is brainwashing me lmao....(though i drink only bottled water here or there). I think people need to realize that not everyone is the same, yes there are horrible people out there and yes its a chance we take but dear always follow your instincts. I doubted my loves commitment to me a couple months ago and was convinced that he would leave me once i returned because i pushed him about moving here and wanting more than we have together. I was wrong... During that month i was there our bond became stronger than ever and he sent me home with 80% of the money needed for my next ticket to see him in march and will be sending more to me in december. I dont think if he was going to end things he would have sent me home with such a huge amount of money. I let people get into my head, i let them start to make me think he didnt really really love me.... I was wrong and i will never doubt his love for me again. Dont let anyone make you doubt your lover either you know him we dont.

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
uklady
Member # 11161

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for uklady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel the same as most of you on here. This is a bad situation! I would advise you not to sell your house in the UK for a start. Maybe rent it out if you are sure you want to continue this and use the rent to finance you in egypt. There are large alarm bells here. Don't be investing in any coffee shop either. I would advise you to keep all you money in the uk!

I have an egyptian boyfriend myself he is 10 years younger than me I am 40. You must be cautious I am! You may well be setting yourself up for alot of trouble I think. If you did marry him do it in the uk and get a pre-nuptial agreement. I have seen a lawyer about this myself. I would question his motives! What happens when the money runs out?

Posts: 142 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
im afraid there is only 2 possibilities here...

1. (and this is the one i believe) shes a fake.

2. hes a con artist.

if im wrong on option 1... then im sorry for you, but its not too late.

test him, with hold the money, say you want him to come to the UK.. see what happens... he will stop wasting his time with you and concentrate on his many other sugar mamas....

thats the cold hard truth babes.

simpri
Member # 11573

Member Rated:
Isn't it hard to test him if it's so difficult to get a visa into UK? We're still waiting for his visa to visit, but have decided to go for a long 4-week holiday to a more accessible country to him so we don't have to wait for that day.
uklady
Member # 11161

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for uklady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats what I want to do with my man. Test him. He has been working in Kuwait and saving up to come to uk. I would like him to come for 3 or 4 months visit as he wants to improve his written english so he can go on a diving course in scotland. (There are written exams in english) I have connections with foreign language schools in my area. So I am hoping this will be possible. He has a very good job by egyptian standards so I hope this will help him! We will put it to the test in the near future. Then whatever happens we will both know if we have a future together. Even if it dosent work out he will improve his english and hopefully get this much needed qualification. He can then demand much more salary in the marketplace so then we both have lost nothing. Good plan i think. I don't think anybody should rush into these things. I also think that unless the man has qualifications and provide a decent living rather than living off the western wife you shouldn't touch them with a barge pole! If they have proved themselves in their own country first then I think its worth giving them a chance. If they have not I think walk away just like you would with any other man in your own country if you are sensible that is. You have to think about the long term!
Posts: 142 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
open a thread called 'how can i test my egyptian lover'

lets get a plan together!

[evil] he he he!

uklady
Member # 11161

Rate Member
lol! I am nobody's fool. But you never know he could just be the one. Like with any man you have to train them!
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
which 'he' are we talking about here? not hamdy thats for sure. (i still think hes fictional)..

actually.. if hes fictional he could turn out to be anything!

OneLoveOnePeople
Member # 9667

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for OneLoveOnePeople     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Much love to ya charms..ya always crack me up!!!
Posts: 100 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habibty
Member # 11721

Rate Member
SAMIA YOUR COMMENTS ARE UNNECESSARY AND RUDE. I AM NOT STUPID, I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT I AM DOING.
CHARM EL FEIKH YOU ARE LAUGHING AT MY EXPENSE. HAMDY IS NOT FAKE HE IS A REAL PERSON. WHY WOULD I INVENT A PERSON, I AM NOT SOME PSYCHOPATHIC PATHETIC LIAR WHO NEEDS TO INVENT PEOPLE.
I JUST CAME TO THIS FORUM TO GET SOME ADVICE AS I THOUGHT OTHER PEOPLE MIGHT BE IN THE SAME SITUATION.
MYSTICHEART AND SIMPRI THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENTS AND GOOD WISHES I AM TAKING THEM ON BOARD.
UKLADY HAMDY TELLS ME IT IS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE FOR AN EGYPTIAN MAN TO GET A VISA TO ENGLAND .
I AM FLYING TO LUXOR AS SOON AS I CAN TO SEE THE SITUATION FOR MYSELF AS I HAVEN'T HEARD FROM HIM FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS NOW AND I'M GETTING A BIT CONCERNED.

get-over-it
Member # 8447

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for get-over-it     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
UKLADY HAMDY TELLS ME IT IS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE FOR AN EGYPTIAN MAN TO GET A VISA TO ENGLAND .
I AM FLYING TO LUXOR AS SOON AS I CAN TO SEE THE SITUATION FOR MYSELF AS I HAVEN'T HEARD FROM HIM FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS NOW AND I'M GETTING A BIT CONCERNED.

Not impossible at all - the embassy can spot what's genuine and what's fake a mile off. My husband spent about 10 minutes in his interview before being given the visa on the spot - and we've met many other couples in the same situation. It's a lot of paperwork, true, but it's worth it to weed out the cases where they really are only after the visa. The embassy staff have seen it all hundreds of times before, so must be fairly good at their jobs by now. If it's a genuine relationship, you wouldn't really have anything to worry about to be honest.

Saying that, be very careful about booking a flight and going out there. If you haven't heard from Hamdy for a couple of days, then maybe you should take it as a subtle hint that he's cooling things off a bit?

Posts: 172 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
quote:
SAMIA YOUR COMMENTS ARE UNNECESSARY AND RUDE.
CHARM EL FEIKH YOU ARE LAUGHING AT MY EXPENSE.
I JUST CAME TO THIS FORUM TO GET SOME ADVICE
MYSTICHEART AND SIMPRI THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENTS AND GOOD WISHES I AM TAKING THEM ON BOARD.
I HAVEN'T HEARD FROM HIM FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS NOW

OK OK I BELIEVE YOU!!! any one who can put the words psychopathic and pathetic next to eachother in a sentence is no fictional writer!

so in that case... you didnt come here for advice, you came here for reassurance.

me and samia are telling you how it is and you dont like it. you are only "taking on board" nice comments....

and you havnt heard from him for a couple of days?!!!

he probably has.. erm.. other commitments! you ARE NOT HIS ONLY SUGAR MAMA!!!!

Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by blue skies:
quote:

Not impossible at all - the embassy can spot what's genuine and what's fake a mile off. My husband spent about 10 minutes in his interview before being given the visa on the spot - and we've met many other couples in the same situation. It's a lot of paperwork, true, but it's worth it to weed out the cases where they really are only after the visa. The embassy staff have seen it all hundreds of times before, so must be fairly good at their jobs by now. If it's a genuine relationship, you wouldn't really have anything to worry about to be honest.

Saying that, be very careful about booking a flight and going out there. If you haven't heard from Hamdy for a couple of days, then maybe you should take it as a subtle hint that he's cooling things off a bit?

Can you give me some advice on what papers the ambassy requires? We are going to apply for my BF Visa in November and I want to be prepared. Thanks
Posts: 1215 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my husband had his interview june 26 and they are still pending administrative processing. i want him here with me in the usas. it is very hard to get into the usa now a days. but i am going to the embassy in cairo sept 4 to see whats up
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thinks its much much harder for them to get a visa to US than to EU. Im not sure though. - According to the danish ambassy's homepage it takes max 2 month for him to get the visa.
Posts: 1215 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it almost been 2 months now and i am getting real worried. so thats why i am coming .it says that it is taking now between 150 days to 999 days to get processed in the usa.i am so glad i did it before all this came about and they are returning appications because they have new ones now . they added 3 mores questions.
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
get-over-it
Member # 8447

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for get-over-it     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tibe:
Can you give me some advice on what papers the ambassy requires? We are going to apply for my BF Visa in November and I want to be prepared. Thanks

I'm not sure what the deal is for Denmark, but for the UK we needed copies and translations of our wedding certificate, proof of my income in the UK, bank statements to show that I could support both of us until my husband found work (without him having to go on benefits), proof of my address (rental agreement), all letters, emails, phone records to prove that we'd been in regular contact (not a problem!), photographs - especially ones with his family (which helped to show that it's a genuine, and accepted marriage), evidence of time spent together in Egypt. Neither of us had been married before, so maybe that made it easier for us?

It sounds like a lot - and we built up a huge portfolio, but it wasn't difficult to do. We've still got our "special book" and will be able to bore our grandkids with our story one day...

If you put the effort in to get all this information together, then getting a visa to be together is certainly very possible.

But back on topic, I agree with Charm -
Habibty: I certainly wouldn't be worrying now about sending money for a (potentially) fictional operation if you can't even get in touch with the fella. If you're going to find out he's pulling a fast one on you, it's far better to do it from the comfort of your own home, where you can be surrounded by supportive friends, rather than being stranded out there with a broken heart.

Posts: 172 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
that is so true. and all the information blue skies has given you is correct. i know what they need here too .they want everything and they to know all about you .then it comes to the administrative processing. hellllllllll the fbi is in on this too. for criminal records and such
Habibty
Member # 11721

Rate Member
THE VISA THING IS REALLY NOT AN ISSUE AT THE MOMENT BECAUSE HAMDY WANTS TO STAY NEAR HIS FAMILY, THIS IS WHY I AM PLANNING ON GOING TO LIVE IN NAJ HAMMADI WITH HIM.
WE CAN ACTUALLY HAVE A VERY NICE LIFE IN EGYPT. HIS FAMILY ARE VERY SUPPORTIVE AND WILL HELP US IN EVERY WAY THEY CAN.
I HATE THE WEATHER IN THE UK AND PEOPLE'S ATTITUDES ARE HORRIBLE.. CHARM AND SAMIA YOU ARE PROBABLY ENGLISH, AM I RIGHT? YOU ARE BOTH TOO CYNICAL.EGYPTIANS ARE MUCH MORE FRIENDLY, HONEST AND GIVING.
I DONT MIND YOU CALLING ME A SUGAR MAMA, CHARM, I KNOW THE TRUTH ABOUT MY MAN!
I WILL FLY THERE AS SOON AS I CAN AND SURPRISE HIM. ( NO, HE DOESN'T READ ES!)
TIBE THANK YOU FOR BEING A FRIEND.

get_over_it
Member # 11286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for get_over_it     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
be prepared for your own surprise too - and it might not be a pleasant one.

Not wanting to cause trouble, but these stories do so often end in heartache. If you haven't been in contact for a bit, and he's asking you for money, open your eyes and accept that maybe, just maybe, it's not all as hearts and roses as it seems to you.

Samia and Charm have been around on these boards for plenty long enough to have seen a trail of similar stories. Not cynical - just realists.

Posts: 463 | From: Other side of nowhere | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Yes I'm English you're right....I've lived in Egypt long enough to see every scam possible... I've worked with guys with multiple 'wifeys', English wifey for visa, German wifey for villa, Dutch wifey for mobile phones and MP3 players, Russian wifey for..... whatever!!!
As soon as one boards a plane, another arrives.... all old, all ugly, with the possible exception of the Russian!!
So my dear... reality check time.... wake up and smell the crap..... there's plenty of it around, as you find out when you get to his mud hut, or wherever.... I hope you get on well with his wife and kids!!!

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
HIS FAMILY ARE VERY SUPPORTIVE AND WILL HELP US IN EVERY WAY THEY CAN.

so go live with him in his family home and live as they do, work there as they would, see if they still want you.

CHARM AND SAMIA YOU ARE PROBABLY ENGLISH, YOU ARE BOTH TOO CYNICAL.EGYPTIANS ARE MUCH MORE FRIENDLY, HONEST AND GIVING.

so let him give.

I KNOW THE TRUTH ABOUT MY MAN!

so why are you concerned?

I WILL FLY THERE AS SOON AS I CAN AND SURPRISE HIM.

lol.. i'll bet you do... and his wife..the egyptian one i mean!

simpri
Member # 11573

Member Rated:
Oh dear, Habibty I do wish you well, and I'm English too, just trying to be both a realist and a romantic, while holding on to optimism. Don't end up with a broken heart, preserve your security in property and money, and go to live with him in Egypt, and work to help support yourselves there. Time will tell. If you are so sure of him why be concerned? Make the trip and surprise him, I sure hope you aren't the one who is surprised/shocked. One way or another the truth will 'out' for both of us.

Don't think I haven't thought of doing these things myself and surprising my b/f, but actually pride stops me from chasing him. He is the one that talks of surprising me here:) If they really mean what they say they will find a way ... [Wink]

storiestotell
Member # 4502

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for storiestotell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
girl,

i dont normally post anymore, i just read the stories, but you make me wanne screem so hard.

I hope for your sake that it will turn out well.I really do.

But please , please , please , please
dont be a foolish girl in love and check everything you can about this man before you start an adventure that can change your life and i dont mean this in a possitiv way.

if he is a good man , publish his name and all his info on the board and let the peolple who live in egypt check him out.If he s an honoust man ,he has nothing to hide. he will understand your doubts , he will have a hurt ego but if he really loves you , he will get over this.

But dont get into this adventure without being 100 percent shure.

Best regards

Posts: 58 | From: Belgium | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Happiness is to get a drawing by my kids saying: to the greatest mum in the hole wide world.
Happiness is to have healthy happy children.
Happiness is to have good friends and strong familie ties.
Happiness is to be love by Gabriel.
Happiness is the small and simple things in life.

I love having my own car, my own house and money on my account - but they dont make me happy.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com