EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » love .. is that's all what it takes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: love .. is that's all what it takes
Guest Of Life
Member # 11462

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guest Of Life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
to have a happy life
what about differences, culture\religion\language and personal preferences.

if you will say "compromise", to what extent are you welling to compromise??

Posts: 201 | From: A To : Z | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ya Ragal
Member # 11695

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ya Ragal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
from a personnel point of view, i learnt about the culture, learnt the laungage, converted to islam (through choice). As for personal preferences, you have to talk and listen to each other and find out each others likes and dislikes.

But on the whole Love, trust and honesty are the key things.

Posts: 377 | From: أنا نسيت | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guest Of Life
Member # 11462

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guest Of Life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ya ragal:
from a personnel point of view, i learnt about the culture, learnt the laungage, converted to islam (through choice). As for personal preferences, you have to talk and listen to each other and find out each others likes and dislikes.

But on the whole Love, trust and honesty are the key things.

so you are saying you adapted more to him than him to you?

what if none of you changed at all, every one kept his ways in life, do you think that would work or be acceptable to any of you?

Posts: 201 | From: A To : Z | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ya Ragal
Member # 11695

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ya Ragal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I chose to move to a foreign country therefore it was important that I learnt more, so that I would not be isolated. I leant about the culture and the oppotunity to learn a new language.
I did this so that I could depend on myself instead of waiting for everything to be translated for me. This helped me to make friends and communicate with others.
If I hadn't then I would have been disconnected and would miss on out a lot.
I had friends that had lived in Egypt for 20+ years and didn't learn the language or fully understand the culture, so they felt isolated and had to depend on their husbands/kids or foreign friends, which is a shame.
Yanni, when you get married you adapt to each other, but before mariage it's important that you fully understand each others likes and dislikes. I didn't compromise in my basic principles and beliefs, I learnt more about myself as a person and about others. That in turn has made me stronger person.
You have to adapt in any new situation whether it be a new job, baby, friends it's human nature.
But as I said before Love, trust and honesty is a must.
You have to have a strong foundation in order to build a strong and healthy realtionship.

Posts: 377 | From: أنا نسيت | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ' Sharon Stone '     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guest of Life, I have met many people who think alike and have similar values as I, and they have completely different background. The nationality, race and all categorizations are less important to me however CULTURE matters a lot.

This is surely very important.

When it comes to a religion, I would rather be with non-religious person who has no clue about religion but has good values and Integrity, then with a man who is religious on the paper but has no values nor Integrity, and tries to persuade me to be like him and think like him, while all along he is not really truly religious. He just thinks he is.

All he needs to do is have good moral values, a love for Humanity and God. Soul maters more anyway. Spiritual side matters more to me, because what I get from a man who says 1 thing but practice another ? Nothing. But if his Soul is good, whatever he does he will be more tolerant and more aware because he is spiritual thus connected truly to the God.

So free spirit yes, tolerance and kindness yes, rigidness and exclusions no.

If there would be any adaptation, he would have to learn my culture, language, tradition as much as I do his, but there would be no way that I learn all his and he learns nothing about mine. I would want someone who is open to other cultures and is not ethnocentric. [Big Grin]

Posts: 989 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com