EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Surprised

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Surprised
clerical61
Member # 11944

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for clerical61     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am very surprised to see all the negative generalities about muslims / egyptians. The acts of scamming and fraud and using people for personal gains happens in every culture, every religion and every country. But I can honestly say that the culture / religion of the Egyptians is respectful towards women. They are, as it has been my experience, honest, kind, caring, and thoughtful. They treat a lady as a lady. They are non-judgmental and are definitley more interested in the inner beauty instead of the physical beauty. And ladies, if you are involved with an egyptian man, you can test his intentions / sincerety by having a female friend engage your man into a conversation and see where it goes. If he is true to you and is honest in his interactions, he will either refuse to engage in coversation or will do so hesitatingly. If your egyptian man tells your female friend that he is not interested because he is already involved with someone and then goes on to talk about you with your friend, he is true to you and has no ill or alterior motives. Trust him and follow your heart. If he does not admit to being in a relationship and makes inapproapriate comments / acts, then his intentions are not true and you need to move on. I hope this helps some of you ladies who are questioning the intentions / sincerety of your egyptian man. Hang in ther and follow the road to its end. Good Luck!
Posts: 1 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guest Of Life
Member # 11462

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guest Of Life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by clerical61:
I am very surprised to see all the negative generalities about muslims / egyptians. The acts of scamming and fraud and using people for personal gains happens in every culture, every religion and every country. But I can honestly say that the culture / religion of the Egyptians is respectful towards women. They are, as it has been my experience, honest, kind, caring, and thoughtful. They treat a lady as a lady. They are non-judgmental and are definitley more interested in the inner beauty instead of the physical beauty. And ladies, if you are involved with an egyptian man, you can test his intentions / sincerety by having a female friend engage your man into a conversation and see where it goes. If he is true to you and is honest in his interactions, he will either refuse to engage in coversation or will do so hesitatingly. If your egyptian man tells your female friend that he is not interested because he is already involved with someone and then goes on to talk about you with your friend, he is true to you and has no ill or alterior motives. Trust him and follow your heart. If he does not admit to being in a relationship and makes inapproapriate comments / acts, then his intentions are not true and you need to move on. I hope this helps some of you ladies who are questioning the intentions / sincerety of your egyptian man. Hang in ther and follow the road to its end. Good Luck!

welcome to ES
long noses will start going longer now as you posted
and the questions is , what's your story ?
(and that was the 1st nose [Big Grin] )

Posts: 201 | From: A To : Z | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
They are non-judgmental and are definitley more interested in the inner beauty instead of the physical beauty.

I just had to pick out this little statement of yours - you obviously have never been to Egypt!
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NotSleeplessInCairo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
quote:
They are non-judgmental and are definitley more interested in the inner beauty instead of the physical beauty.

I just had to pick out this little statement of yours - you obviously have never been to Egypt!
Why should it be obvious that she has never been to Egypt?

You can visit Egypt and still have that impression, especially if it is the first time and you only spend a few weeks. It would also depend on which places in Egypt are visited.

You can keep this impression for a longer time if you visit the village areas in the south or the delta.

Egyptian people are generally nice and kind - barring a few walad kalbs as is normal in any country.

Posts: 815 | From: London and the other | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NotSleeplessInCairo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I am very surprised to see all the negative generalities about muslims / egyptians.

Muslim generalising comes from ignorance and Islamaphobia.

Egyptian generalising comes from ignorance, Egyptophobia, not having visited Egypt (relying on second hand stories), bad experiences (being "fooled" [Roll Eyes] into giving it up), possibly jealousy, being married to one of the walad kalbs [Big Grin] , having monster in laws and on and on and on [Smile] Welcome to ES

Posts: 815 | From: London and the other | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, right, an Egyptian man plays down the harrassment issue. Thank the lord that you are not a white-skinned woman...... [Big Grin]

And of course Egyptians are generally nice and kind even to strangers - unfortunately many times the guys are just 'too nice and other things' but how would you know.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for the advice, i needed to hear this
xx

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to agree with Tigerlilly...it's a wonderful view through rose-tinted glasses. Also, I'd like to point out a cultural thing here...
"If your egyptian man tells your female friend that he is not interested because he is already involved with someone and then goes on to talk about you with your friend, he is true to you and has no ill or alterior motives."

As gossipy as Egyptians are, they do not go around talking about their personal relationships with strangers, especially if it's not a fiance but a girlfriend.

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
silent
Member # 11919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for silent     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I am very surprised to see all the negative generalities about muslims / egyptians. The acts of scamming and fraud and using people for personal gains happens in every culture, every religion and every country. But I can honestly say that the culture / religion of the Egyptians is respectful towards women. They are, as it has been my experience, honest, kind, caring, and thoughtful. They treat a lady as a lady. They are non-judgmental and are definitley more interested in the inner beauty instead of the physical beauty.

first i wanna thank you...because i am an Egyptian myself...
second ...i agree with you to put a frame for all Egyptians is an ill attitude...
but again...
aren`t you doing just the same..???
according to what i quoted from your words previously...
you make your opinion about all Egyptians in general...they are nice and good and so on...

i know so many Egyptians who are decent nice human beings...

but i also know so many Egyptians who fit the discribtion of Bad name to their culture...traditions and religion...
scum bags...
i choose to hang out with the first kind...
after i know the reality of their character..
and it takes long time sometimes to know the real person..

i had two times marriages with Egyptian women...same number divorces...they were my worst nightmare ever...
but that doesn`t prove that all of Egyptian women are bitches like my ex wifes...
it was my bad judgment and wrong choice...
thank god i am married now to a Brazilian... [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
botton line...
there are good ppl and bad ppl every where ...
and please if it happens that you meet those bad quality Egyptians...and that is very well possible...don`t change your opinion 180 degrees...
thanks any way...
i was pissed off just like you...that almost every body was attacking Egyptians in general...

Posts: 165 | From: São paulo/Brazil Cairo/Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com