EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Do 'soul mates' really exist?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Do 'soul mates' really exist?
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is your opinion on this topic? Please share your views.
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YES.. yes i believe they do tiger. what i sometimes wonder though is.. do we only have one in our life time? a soul mate is someone who just fits with you perfectly... we all grow and change and a soul mate may very well grow and change with you... however, if they dont, you will stay great friends with them and move on.. will there now be another soul mate out there that fits with you perfectly, one that wouldnt have, had you of met years earlier.

i will PM you something that will make you happy!

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maribel
Member # 11788

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maribel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you read the Brian Weiss book? called Many Lives, Many Masters.... it talks about hypnosis and remembering past lives and how people encounter their soulmate in every life... it doesnt have to be the person you marry.. a soulmate can be your brother/sister/husband/ etc.... its an interesting book. I do believe in soul mates.

--------------------
Mari

Posts: 23 | From: Mexico | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
welcome to ES Maribel.

no, i havnt read that book... im not sure about other lives but i do believe we can have many soul mates in this life.

even with regards to best friends. at some stages in life i have had friends that are so close to my heart. they are still close friends but not in the way they were when our lives were similar.. we move on and change, other people fit the space we need filled in our hearts.

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for antihypocrisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there is nothing called soul mate.
there is something called sex and understanding

Posts: 2728 | From: جمهورية مصر العربية | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Anderson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Egyptian_batman:

Yeah you don't believe in soul mates because you'll marry your cousin.
Posts: 991 | From: My daughter is a stalker | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
What is your opinion on this topic? Please share your views.

i'm not really sure what this term means but if I had to guess perhaps it means someone who connects with you on an emotional basis and seems to understand you as deep as your soul? I don't think this has to be just one person, perhaps there are many who could connect with us on that level. However, there have been people who claimed to be soulmates and then ended up divorced so who's to say? I think if you have that connection just be thankful and call it love [Wink]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AshkiA
Member # 10944

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AshkiA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!! Do you have to bring up sex in every freakin thread??? But then you act like you are so innocent and pure??? Get over it!
Posts: 177 | From: Alexandria,Egypt / Missouri,USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caterpillar
Member # 10438

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for caterpillar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes i think that soul mates exist, i'm not so sure whether they are as perfect as we imagine though or whether you just feel 'meant to be'. I used to think that you would find many, but now im not so sure, after alot of years id say i've only found one, so there cant be that many about can they? Without sounding soppy, i think your soul mate is when you can be with them all the time, yes they annoy you (but we annoy ourselves) from time to time, but they feel like you've always been with them...
Posts: 1017 | From: uk | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Icon 10 posted      Profile for ' Sharon Stone '     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Albino_Eskimo:
quote:

Do you mean that little 9 year old?
Posts: 989 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Anderson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ' Sharon Stone ':
quote:
quote:

Do you mean that little 9 year old?
I don't have a 9 year old cousin. What on earth are you talking about?
Posts: 991 | From: My daughter is a stalker | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mark2006
Member # 11594

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mark2006     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sure there is a soulmate , and alots of success story around the world , i saw alots happen around me , but the important is know very good your feeling and to understand the other person so you get your real soul mate
Posts: 248 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaZeeZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've met like 30 of my soul mates in 5 yrs. I have a problem getting rid of them not looking for them!
Posts: 1539 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Icon 10 posted      Profile for ' Sharon Stone '     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Albino, you are too smart to miss the meaning of my sentence.

You told him he is going to marry his cousin. I asked you - do you mean that little 9 year old?
It has nothing to do with you and your cousins.

Posts: 989 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caterpillar
Member # 10438

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for caterpillar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LaZeeZ:
I've met like 30 of my soul mates in 5 yrs. I have a problem getting rid of them not looking for them!

[Big Grin] he he, are they the ones hiding in the bush with binoculars outside your house??
Posts: 1017 | From: uk | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
get-over-it
Member # 8447

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for get-over-it     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey there, Caterpillar! Long time no see! How's it going?! Hope all is good [Razz]
Posts: 172 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe I found my soulmate. It was like I had known him all of my life. His eyes, voice and attitude made me relax and feel loved and safe - eventhough it was the first time we talked.

We MUST have met in a previous life [Smile]

Posts: 1215 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i also like tibe found my true soulmate .he is always on miy mine no matter where i am
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DawnBev
Member # 11276

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnBev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mickey, are you back from your visit?
How was it?!? Hope you had a lovely time.

Posts: 1056 | From: UK, Middle East & Europe | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i had the time ofmy life with my husband. we got new wedding bands with our names engraved and our wedding date. they are white gold and beautiful. he suprized me on our 7 month anniversery. but we cryed when i left. he made me promise him if our visa doesnt come through that i would come back to him..but the trip was amazing just him and me this time no family except for 2 days
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DawnBev
Member # 11276

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnBev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How lovely! I bet you are feeling sad now though, having to be apart.
Posts: 1056 | From: UK, Middle East & Europe | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DawnBev
Member # 11276

Rate Member
For me, I'm not sure if the concept of 'soul mates' really exist. But I keep an open mind. Its never happened to me. I've fallen in love and then out of love. Might be a little late in the day for the soulmate thing to be happen to me! Maybe it will, maybe it wont, but its not something I look for, or pine for or cry over. If it happens, it will be a bonus.
(I've learnt not to expect too much!!)

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
i was married to my sons father and thought he was but ended in divorceafter 5 years,then it has taking 20 years to find my soul mate.yes there is a thing called soul mate. my mom and dad were for 55 years till he passed away.
kaye
Member # 11525

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kaye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tibe
quote:
I believe I found my soulmate. It was like I had known him all of my life. His eyes, voice and attitude made me relax and feel loved and safe - eventhough it was the first time we talked.

We MUST have met in a previous life

been there done that [Roll Eyes] more then once..lol Soul Mate -- somebody with whom somebody else naturally shares deep feelings and attitudes. We all have had that a time or two [Big Grin] However ...the way I use to perceive "Soul Mate" which was that you love someone so profoundly,it makes you happy to do things for them (no matter how big or small) you rush home from work just to see your "soul mate" because you missed everything about them ,their smile,the way they smell, the way you feel when your with them, the way you make each other laugh when your fixing dinner "Together",How excited you both feel when you look deep into each others eyes right before that deep passionate "I'm happy to be right here, right now with you kiss" . the feeling you get just sitting beside each other arm to arm,or his head laying in your lap as you run your fingers thru his hair (providing he has hair [Big Grin] ) when you make love it's so passionate, slow,(not every time of course)(also lasting more then 5 minutes [Eek!] ) It's soOooOo deep and intense that the orgasmic experience leave you crying uncontrollaby..... [Embarrassed] Nope I now know, that kind of "Soul Mate" only exist
on T.V. or in our minds. But the thought is a pleasurable one don't you think? [Big Grin]

Posts: 108 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaZeeZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by caterpillar:
quote:
Originally posted by LaZeeZ:

[Big Grin] he he, are they the ones hiding in the bush with binoculars outside your house??
Are you one of them?
Posts: 1539 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for henita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

There goes again the sexually deprived and obssesed EgyBatman! [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 1339 | From: Om Leito | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for henita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AshkiA:
quote:

MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!! Do you have to bring up sex in every freakin thread??? But then you act like you are so innocent and pure??? Get over it!
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 1339 | From: Om Leito | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
i have thayt feeling with my husband
Starz
Member # 11982

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe that there is such a thing as a soul mate. It's happened once in my life. He's now gone because I was stupid. [Frown]
Lesson learned.

Posts: 15 | From: other side of the mountain | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trababe
Member # 11777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for trababe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i definately have my soul mate just a shame i had to leave him behind in ismailia but i know a day will come when out two souls will be together as one [Smile]
Posts: 477 | From: lancashire england | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OneLoveOnePeople
Member # 9667

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for OneLoveOnePeople     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believed in soulmates at one time, but it didnt work out, and to think about the whole thing not workign especially when i was the happiest i had ever been in my whole life...pisses me off
Posts: 100 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ' Sharon Stone '     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Tigerlily,

Yes I do strongly believe in Soulmates. As the matter of fact I just got a call from my Soulmate today ( now my ex ). We are seperated and leading own lives for over 14 years. We went through so much but at the end we became great friends, and we keep in touch from time to time ( birthdays, holidays, something major ).

This man is assisting me in my Journey and I assist him too. I wrote him 4 pages letter and he called me from the Court House when he was on brake ( from another country ) and told me no matter what I chose in my life, he will always luv me, as a human being, as a Soul.

Soulmates are people you instantly feel deep connection with. There is some type of "recognition" going on. Soulmates have completely different rules when they are in a relationship.

They remain in your life somehow because they are so forgiving and accepting. Many things are happening simulteniously to both of you and you both grow and spiritually evolve together without knowing at first that he/she is your Soulmate but you have a strange feeling that you know this person from somewhere and that you lived before maybe, another life, maybe you saw this person somewhere - there is a huge connection and urge to remain connected in any way possible and you are acting and feeling everything in such a way that regular relationship rules and knowledge don't work because soulmates have special rules - unconditional love - and this is almost beyond your will as if you are incapable to - be any different, towards this person 'only' and nobody else.

You can feel each other's pain, even when appart, you encourage him, you support him - when everyone fails... he shows up to support you acting like your Angel and protecting you, shielding you, healing you, supporting, loving you. Not judging you, and despite everything - still accepting you. But only you - this is a soulmate thing, you can be like this with 1 person and unlike this with everyone else.

Bottom line, after all challenges there is a stage in which you want him to be the most happiest man alive and he wants the same for you. There is no jealousy and envy or any negative wishes. You master all weakness and You will not say a wrong word to avoid hurting him, because his hurt is your hurt. You know this. He does the same. You have this capability with him, not necessarily with others.

It's not physical or emotional heavily romantic, it's a soul pure thing - it's soul recognition, and all because you 2 are supposed to go through hell and many challanges but simulteniously arrive to the spiritual sameness. Thus he is your Soulmate.

Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the way I use to perceive "Soul Mate" which was that you love someone so profoundly,it makes you happy to do things for them (no matter how big or small) you rush home from work just to see your "soul mate" because you missed everything about them ,their smile,the way they smell, the way you feel when your with them, the way you make each other laugh when your fixing dinner "Together",How excited you both feel when you look deep into each others eyes right before that deep passionate "I'm happy to be right here, right now with you kiss" . the feeling you get just sitting beside each other arm to arm,or his head laying in your lap as you run your fingers thru his hair (providing he has hair ) when you make love it's so passionate, slow,(not every time of course)(also lasting more then 5 minutes ) It's soOooOo deep and intense that the orgasmic experience leave you crying uncontrollaby..... Nope I now know, that kind of "Soul Mate" only exist
on T.V. or in our minds. But the thought is a pleasurable one don't you think?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had given up on trying to find this.

I have finally found him. Alhamdullilah!

Yes I believe in Soulmates.

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DawnBev
Member # 11276

Rate Member
I dont (believe in soul mates that is)
But thats just my personal view.
I wouldn't knock anyone who thinks they believe or think they have found theirs. If they are happy, thats a good thing, and I am happy for them. Its just not so something I can believe in.

*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont believe in soulmates .......... you can always hook up with people whom you believe they are your soul mates or the love of your life but it turns out to be an illusion.

And i dont believe there is one person for each person......... you can still have more that one person in your life time (not at the same time ofcourse) who maybe right for you.

Anyway there are factors that a play role in keeping or distroying a relationship........ effort, effort & effort

i must add that if you believe in soule mates crap (sorry) you may end up not noticing real love when it comes your way because you are having high impossible standards that usuall y nobody will ever be good enough to live up to

Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NourHayati
Member # 5507

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NourHayati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, there is a soul mate for every one of us. It is just a matter of luck to meet him/her and not all of us are lucky...
Posts: 327 | From: balad alnour | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Actually I shouldn't have been that harsh with you.

I apologize, it was uncalled for.

I still think of you as my giant bug!

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com