EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » What' is it?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What' is it?
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is it with members here? All complaining from Egyptian husbands. Are they all that bad?

I never heard about one who is just ok... all of them are abusive, gigolos, after green card or visa, impotent?
I am not intending to be unsympathetic, but I'd like to hear other members with positive experiences

Not only the negative ones... there must be positive too. Anyone?

Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No they are absolutely not all bad - you will never hear me complain .....Its all good [Smile] (newly wed) [Wink]
Posts: 1215 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NO UR RIGHT heheheh DENTAL FLOSS I CANT AGRRE WITH YOU MOST MY HUSBAND IS THE MOST WONDERFUL MAN YOU CUD ACTUALLY MEET HELPS ME AND DOES THINGS FOR ME AND HAS PRIDE BUT HE DO ONE THING WRONG HE WENT DOWN THE FORBIDDEN ZONE ,AND THIS IS WHAT MAKES HIM BAD APRT FROM THAT I DO LOVE HIM BUT EVERY DAY IM TRYING TO FIND SOME WAY OF FORGIVEING HIM INSHALLAH I HOPEIT WRKS OUT IVE STAKED ALOT IN THIS MARRIAGE ,BUT ONLY TIME WILL TELL AND I AINT GOT TO LONG OF THAT NEITHER [Embarrassed]
Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If the search function is working have a look at previous positive threads. you will see someone nearly always brings them done or attacks the poster. some people just can't bear to see someone else being happy.

I have been married nearly 4 years now and I am happy and have a lovely husband. I love living in Egypt, it is my dream come true, I have a lovely home and my Egyptian family are great. Actually if is wasn't for the mosquitos (and no sushi in Luxor) I would say I have found paradise on earth.

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DentalFloss:
What is it with members here? All complaining from Egyptian husbands. Are they all that bad?

I never heard about one who is just ok... all of them are abusive, gigolos, after green card or visa, impotent?
I am not intending to be unsympathetic, but I'd like to hear other members with positive experiences

Not only the negative ones... there must be positive too. Anyone?

My egyptian husband is so kind. Our marriage has been very successful and happy thus far as has our communication. I think we hear more about the bad ones because people who are scarred are more willing to talk. My husband is MUCH more kind and generous and honest and caring than any other man I've ever known western or not. I always feel bad that egyptian men always get a bad rap, it's just not fair. true, there are the ridiclous ones who prowl around for women to take care of them, but there is always the exception. [Wink]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ky_sunshine
Member # 11226

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ky_sunshine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also have nothing bad to say about my Husband he is so kind and always puts others before himself. I agree with Smuckers it is bad the way they get put down ...........people judge all by the actions of a few. And its just not right.

--------------------
Often Times the Greatest statements are made in silence...listen with your Heart.

Posts: 334 | From: kentucky | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My hosbond's the coolest. Even if he is as old as 7ayat's parents. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Screw you
Member # 11942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Screw you         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't complained it takes two, yes I've had bad times it was my fault aswell as his (although I wouldn't tell him that lol)But I've had some really good times.
I love mine to bits, wish I was with him now, soon.

--------------------
Learn from the past.
Live in the present.
Hope for the future.

Posts: 1474 | From: in my own paradise | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tibe:
No they are absolutely not all bad - you will never hear me complain .....Its all good [Smile] (newly wed) [Wink]

Mabrouk, Tibe, congratulations! How was your stay? [Smile]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AshkiA
Member # 10944

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AshkiA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine is an absolute sweetheart [Smile] I have never felt so close and connected to someone as I have with him. Everyone has their 'Grrrrrrrrr' time in a relationship and some are just bad. I think most regular posters in ES are just venting.
Posts: 177 | From: Alexandria,Egypt / Missouri,USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SayWhatYouSee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How lovely to find a positive thread about Egyptian men. Please know that the lazy stereotypes often found on this forum, are not bought into by all. Only the narrowest of minds would view all Egyptian men as male prostitutes and western women as the female counterpart. We have several close friends in Egypt (my husband is British) and they are good, decent warm men, who clearly love their families. I wish you all every happiness.
Posts: 2953 | From: Slightly south of Azkaban. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
quote:
Originally posted by Tibe:

Mabrouk, Tibe, congratulations! How was your stay? [Smile]
Thanks Tiger. It was absolutely wonderfull and I miss him so much and Hurghada too. It was the most romantic 4 days of my life. Im already going back on the 30 of october and stay for 5 weeks with him together with the kids.
We had the most amazing appartment placed right on the beautifull beach (private) and a nice biiiiigg swimmingpool - which we by the way rented through Jennys house (ES username: Garnet)

This is a decision I never will regret [Smile]

Posts: 1215 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caterpillar
Member # 10438

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for caterpillar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Egyptian husband is a diamond...We've had our moments but thats not down to him being egyptian, its cos he's a man! and i agree with what smuckers says, most of us will only need to talk when there is a problem, when everything is going good just watch and listen for the tumbleweed!...My hubby tries the hardest to make us happy, more than any man i've evr known and i think that is down to him being a muslim, he is dedicated to his family...anyhooooo just thought id chip in [Smile]
Posts: 1017 | From: uk | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for antihypocrisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by caterpillar:
My Egyptian husband is a diamond...We've had our moments but thats not down to him being egyptian, its cos he's a man! and i agree with what smuckers says, most of us will only need to talk when there is a problem, when everything is going good just watch and listen for the tumbleweed!...My hubby tries the hardest to make us happy, more than any man i've evr known and i think that is down to him being a muslim, he is dedicated to his family...anyhooooo just thought id chip in [Smile]

ُُegy man like eveready battery, never say die [Wink]
Posts: 2728 | From: جمهورية مصر العربية | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SayWhatYouSee:
How lovely to find a positive thread about Egyptian men. Please know that the lazy stereotypes often found on this forum, are not bought into by all. Only the narrowest of minds would view all Egyptian men as male prostitutes and western women as the female counterpart. We have several close friends in Egypt (my husband is British) and they are good, decent warm men, who clearly love their families. I wish you all every happiness.

awww you are so sweet!! [Smile]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my husband has been wonderful, we have been married 2 years almost now. Hes taken great care of me when i've been ill, he has no objection to helping with cleaning and cooks wonderfully. He is level headed and level tempered. He will talk about his feelings and wants to know all mine. I have absolutely no complaints at all.

There are many positive relationships out there concerning Egyptian men and foreign women, many are too busy with real life to be posting here and those that are here have usually been 'got at' for saying anything positive about our men by those with bad experiences.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for antihypocrisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[he has no objection to helping with cleaning and cooks wonderfully]
but dont rely on him all time

Posts: 2728 | From: جمهورية مصر العربية | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Egyptian_batman:

I dont, I said he has no objections to helping with either. It was said as a positive to all the posts we hear about how Egyptian men wont touch 'womans work'. My husband sees no difference in him and me where those type of jobs are concerned. We work together.
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Anderson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
quote:
Originally posted by Egyptian_batman:

I dont, I said he has no objections to helping with either. It was said as a positive to all the posts we hear about how Egyptian men wont touch 'womans work'. My husband sees no difference in him and me where those type of jobs are concerned. We work together.
Whats the percentage of the year both of you are living under the same roof?
Posts: 991 | From: My daughter is a stalker | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
well i would have to work that out sono, although its not been full time as yet it has certainly been a lot more than 2 weeks a year. in 2 years I have been 10 times for a minimum of 2 weeks, maximum 5 weeks at a time. so we can say about 25-30% soon to be 100%, so I will come back in 6-12 months and say the same [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Anderson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
well i would have to work that out sono, although its not been full time as yet it has certainly been a lot more than 2 weeks a year. in 2 years I have been 10 times for a minimum of 2 weeks, maximum 5 weeks at a time. so we can say about 25-30% soon to be 100%, so I will come back in 6-12 months and say the same [Big Grin]

You've been waiting for this for quite some time, do you have an exact firm date for relocation?
Posts: 991 | From: My daughter is a stalker | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Albino_Eskimo:
quote:

You've been waiting for this for quite some time, do you have an exact firm date for relocation?
Not got a definate date yet but should now be a matter of a fews weeks rather than months, certainly well before Christmas InshaAllah [Big Grin]
seabreeze
Member # 10289

best of luck Ayisha [Wink]
cocoapuffs
Member # 9452

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cocoapuffs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ive only been married 5 months but my husband is sweet, I never knew what "speechless" meant until he said some of the things he has said to me, which literally rendered me speechless.

I met my husband not long after I came to egypt for studies. We met in August, got together in person in September, and began to consider marriage from the get-go cuz we're both Muslims and we did the dating thing before and we were tired of disobeying Allah. Our relationship survived even though he was only in Cairo for 5 days a month on vacation from work. During his vacations he would come to my part of Cairo and we'd sit in a cafe and discuss the future. We'd have to scramble during his brief vacations to do things like set up a meeting with a sheikh (sort of a rent-a-wali situation) or for me to visit his extended family. Anyway in the end because of one reason or another our marriage didnt happen until April. In June I left Cairo to see my family and to prepare for graduate school. He let me go because he understood that. I thought I saw him wipe a tear from his eye as we drove in the taxi to the airport.

He is very sweet he arranged a whole honeymoon for us in Hurghada. One night he went out to get us dinner, and he came back with so much food. We sat in the hotel room and ate out of boxes like little kids and he said to me "So...tell me about your childhood." I want to laugh sometimes I think he reads women's magazines because he knows what I like and he listens so well. But he doesn't, it's just instinctive for him I guess.

For my own part, I purposefully do and say things to inflate his ego, to make him feel like a man, and it pays off, he always lives up to it, not only because of myself but because of his own innate masculinity. [Smile]

The only time he has gotten angry at me was when we came out of the mosque, I wandered down the street a little ways without him, I was looking at some ruins in old Cairo, and when he came out he didnt see me right away so he panicked. Then he found me nearby and he was angry because I had worried him. That was the only time.

I know Im a newlywed but I feel the reasons we base our mutual love for each other on are pretty strong reasons, so insha Allah everything will be fine. He deeply feels that Allah intended me for him, so in the face of that belief I guess there's not much more argument to be had, is there? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Bakhsheesh! Yes, you are reading and enjoying my posts! So hand it over! [Smile]

Posts: 120 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cocoapuffs
Member # 9452

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cocoapuffs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By the way it is SO important to discuss mutual expectations in advance of marriage.

For example I knew from the start that he can't cook to save his life, and he's probably never done much cleaning, although he tends to be tidy in general. So he honestly told me he probably wouldnt cook, and Im fine with that.

By the way I think many Egyptian men are big on their families, he insisted that even when he was away I should go to visit his mom and sister, which I did. It seemed for him that it was really important to our relationship that I establish a relationship with them too. At least that's what it seemed. It also helps that my mother in law is a wonderful woman and so is his sister. Having a witch for a mother in law never helps! I think he must have asked their advice about marrying me, because he told me once that they told him, "We think she will make you very happy."

We also both came from divorced parents so we abhor divorce and thought up every possible worst case scenario and how we'd deal with it. We really *really* dont want to become another statistic!

--------------------
Bakhsheesh! Yes, you are reading and enjoying my posts! So hand it over! [Smile]

Posts: 120 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com