EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » What is more important?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What is more important?
Umslopagas
Member # 11956

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Umslopagas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi ppl,
I believe I'm still new with this, so bear with me.
The question for today,
What's more painful?
1. Loving with no hope of being loved back.
2. Doing the wring thing when you know what's right.
3. Watching over someone who doesn't care for you, but you have a moral obligation towards yourself to protect them.

I hope to get some replies here (atleast so I'll know I'm not the only one with so many confused thoughts)

Posts: 67 | From: Cairo | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Anderson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2. Doing the wrong thing when you know what's right.

Thats the most painful.

The other two are purely selfish.

Posts: 991 | From: My daughter is a stalker | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Umslopagas
Member # 11956

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Umslopagas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Albino_Eskimo:

Thats the most painful.

The other two are purely selfish.

You might be right from a certain point of view, however the third one is still quite about self denial.
Posts: 67 | From: Cairo | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Anderson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why did you chose the display name "Umslopagas" meaning mother of slopagas? And are you foreign or Egyptian?
Posts: 991 | From: My daughter is a stalker | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Umslopagas
Member # 11956

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Albino_Eskimo:
Why did you chose the display name "Umslopagas" meaning mother of slopagas? And are you foreign or Egyptian?

Umslopagas was a famous Zulu King in a fiction book, he died protecting some loved ones.
I'm Egyptian

*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Umslopagas:
Hi ppl,
The question for today,
What's more painful?
3. Watching over someone who doesn't care for you, but you have a moral obligation towards yourself to protect them.

I hope to get some replies here (atleast so I'll know I'm not the only one with so many confused thoughts)

Loving with no hope of being loved back

That's the most painful..... in that first instance, but i dont know if i allowed myself to think deeper in the other two choices..i would definately get confused... so better leave it at that [Wink]

Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

too funny
Umslopagas
Member # 11956

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by DentalFloss:
quote:
Hi ppl,
The question for today,
What's more painful?

That's the most painful..... it that first instance, but i dont know if i allowed myself to think deeper in the other two choices..i would definately get confused... so better leave it at that [Wink]

You chose the answer that just pops out at you:)
Wise thinking though regarding the other two.
Let me take it a step further, if the 3 options merged in one, can you think of anything more painful?

*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think we all live with those three.... that's why life stinks [Frown]
Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Umslopagas :

That's the most painful..... it that first instance, but i dont know if i allowed myself to think deeper in the other two choices..i would definately get confused... so better leave it at that [Wink] [/qb]

You chose the answer that just pops out at you:)
Wise thinking though regarding the other two.
Let me take it a step further, if the 3 options merged in one, can you think of anything more painful? [/QB]

[/QUOTE]

No it wasnt that it was the first that just poped at me...... the first one is the most painful because you have no hope

You mentioned that the third is about denial... but it's not as painful as having no hope

The second I think is about having conflict & that's very painful but not as painful as having no hope

So merging the three again would be... like we live a live in denial with conflicts & no hope. And that's exactly how life is... Stinks

Umslopagas
Member # 11956

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for Umslopagas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE}

No it wasnt that it was the first that just poped at me...... the first one is the most painful because you have no hope

You mentioned that the third is about denial... but it's not as painful as having no hope

The second I think is about having conflict & that's very painful but not as painful as having no hope

So merging the three again would be... like we live a live in denial with conflicts & no hope. And that's exactly how life is... Stinks [/QB][/QUOTE]

What if the one you're standing up for is the one who's made u lose all hope, and you see them getting astray and do your best to help them, and still to no avail, would u do the right thing for YOU and walk away, or would u still do the right thing from a moral point of view and still try to guide them?

*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

quote:
quote:
[QUOTE}

So merging the three again would be... like we live a live in denial with conflicts & no hope. And that's exactly how life is... Stinks

What if the one you're standing up for is the one who's made u lose all hope, and you see them getting astray and do your best to help them, and still to no avail, would u do the right thing for YOU and walk away, or would u still do the right thing from a moral point of view and still try to guide them? [/QB]
[/QUOTE]

Oh easy...Im selfish...i'd walk away heheheheh [Wink] [Big Grin]

Seriously... are you here referring in point 3 to children as sons & daughters who are ungreatful to their parents & their parents have the moral obligation to still watch out for them & not walk away?

Are you referring in point 1 to a wife or a husband or a partner that stoped loveing back & the other gave up hope?

Are you referring in point 2 to stayiing in the marriage or partnership even though it is wrong & bad for you... because there is no spouse loving you & no kids appreciating you? (I dont mean you)

*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

I like this thread by the way [Wink]
it helps me think....whish is something iam not used to do

Umslopagas
Member # 11956

Rate Member
quote:

Oh easy...Im selfish...i'd walk away heheheheh [Wink] [Big Grin]

Seriously... are you here referring in point 3 to children as sons & daughters who are ungreatful to their parents & their parents have the moral obligation to still watch out for them & not walk away?

Are you referring in point 1 to a wife or a husband or a partner that stoped loveing back & the other gave up hope?

Are you referring in point 2 to stayiing in the marriage or partnership even though it is wrong & bad for you... because there is no spouse loving you & no kids appreciating you? (I dont mean you) [/QB]

It's not a personal topic, but let's put it this way, try to imagine a scenario, in which (I'm assuming you're a guy), you love someone who doesn't love you back, you see her as someone deserving of your care, so watch over her, the right thing to do for yourself is to just walk away and stop hurting yourself, but somehow, you feel that since you love her, you can't let her be misguided, even if you can never get her.
What would u do in that case?

Guest Of Life
Member # 11462

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guest Of Life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hi ppl,
The question for today,
What's more painful?

1- get real it didn't even start to know what love is specialy with no love-back
2- once you get used to that you will be doomed and it happen evey day for every one of us
3- you will understand this one when you have your own kids [Big Grin]

i think it would be 4 the hardest
4- losing your soul-mate for a reason you will never know what it is (not your fault) and when time comes, both looks into each others eyes with tears full, and final words would be "I love you"

Posts: 201 | From: A To : Z | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mi feng
Member # 9378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mi feng     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[/QB][/QUOTE]It's not a personal topic, but let's put it this way, try to imagine a scenario, in which (I'm assuming you're a guy), you love someone who doesn't love you back, you see her as someone deserving of your care, so watch over her, the right thing to do for yourself is to just walk away and stop hurting yourself, but somehow, you feel that since you love her, you can't let her be misguided, even if you can never get her.
What would u do in that case? [/QB][/QUOTE]

If you are honestly and sincerely thinking of her well-being and not your own needs and feelings, then you will be her friend, care about her as a friend should, try to help her in what she needs help with (give advice, hear her out, etc) and let the idea of being romantically involved go. You want her because you want her, not because she needs you. So that is about your feelings, not hers.
If you cant be friends with her, then give her some space, let it go and you can pray for her or care about her from afar.

Posts: 1161 | From: wo xiang xiao bian ji si le | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
#1 is the most painful
been in all 3 situations.
# 2 is not so painful, yes you will feel guilt but not necessarily pain.
#3 looking over someone out of obligation, well you give up things for yourself but you will feel good that you are providing for someone else even if you resent them you will know you are a better person for putting them first.

without a doubt loving and not being loved in return is the most painful

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Screw you
Member # 11942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Screw you         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
#2 I did the wrong thing and am paying the price now and trying to correst my mistake.

#1 never been there. #3 we all have to look after somone out of duty at some stage in our life,

--------------------
Learn from the past.
Live in the present.
Hope for the future.

Posts: 1474 | From: in my own paradise | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ' Sharon Stone '     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The question for today,
What's more painful?
==================
Well I created an opportunity for him to love me too, after I changed my ways of dealing with him. Before I was very nice kind naive girl and now I am smart confident successful 'woman'. [Big Grin] I do what's best for me, before I did what's best for him, and he likes me now better. Although he always loved me in one way or another, there was time when I thought I lost him forever, but I have never thought he doesn't love me at all. When it came to him - There was always a hope in my dictionary. He had to love me at least a little bit. Now I am in control and it feels great. (For a change, although I liked it another way around too, it's just another side of coin ). It was challenging, extremely painful, all transformations are painful, but aren't we supposed to experience all kinds of emotional intensity with a Soulmate? 'When you love until it hurts, there is only more love'. (M. THERESA)

=====================
Whatever I did at any time I thought it was the right and best thing (option) to do. So no, I rarely come to this place knowingly. Plus what's wrong and what's right and to whom is another question.

========================
This is terrible feeling. I had this feeling before about someone who again did not appreciate my giving nature, and I had moral obligations to support the person, but after awhile I saw that closeness with such negative being is killing my Essence so I made a choice to separate and this was my last resort but the only way to save myself. People would beg me to offer my hand again (blood related) I refused. Once for the love of my mother I did a favor for her, and regretted later very soon because the person in question retaliated against me ( on all given occasions ) and revenged to the point that would not lead to anything good for me. I broke up ties again and asked my mother to please never put me in this position again because for the sake of "tie" I experienced enormous negativity and I don't deserve this. She never asked me to do it for that person again.

So I would say #1 - to transform yourself completely on mental, emotional, and spiritual way and become self-actualized brand new person and achieve your goals and master your personality all out of heartbrake and then get peace for yourself and just more Love from him - was the worse and the most painful thing in my life but it made me the person who I am. However, I prefer if this did not happen to me because it was too hard for me.

... and #3, just in different ways because it involved another person I loved a lot, and haven't expected it. Now I changed, so I have different ways of protecting myself, and it works, I am happy. Also the person in question had own problems and probably could not be anyone's friend and appreciate anyone anyway - I just happen to be the one who took the risks ( out of love and moral obligations ). But if this will kill your essence and distroy you, then you have no choice but to let it go. ( This is very interesting topic, again, thanks. [Smile] )

Posts: 989 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Umslopagas
Member # 11956

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by ' Sharon Stone ':
The question for today,
What's more painful?
==================
Well I created an opportunity for him to love me too, after I changed my ways of dealing with him. Before I was very nice kind naive girl and now I am smart confident successful 'woman'. [Big Grin] I do what's best for me, before I did what's best for him, and he likes me now better. Although he always loved me in one way or another, there was time when I thought I lost him forever, but I have never thought he doesn't love me at all. When it came to him - There was always a hope in my dictionary. He had to love me at least a little bit. Now I am in control and it feels great. (For a change, although I liked it another way around too but this is safer for me though ). It was challenging, all transformations are painful, but aren't we supposed to experience all kinds of emotional intensity with a Soulmate? 'When you love until it hurts, there is only more love'. (M. THERESA)

=====================
Whatever I did at any time I thought it was the right and best thing (option) to do. So no, I rare come to this place. However, it happened in the past that when I am too good, people take me for granted, so then I changed and thought how stupid and naive I was for being such a good naive woman.

========================
This is terrible feeling. I had this feeling before about someone who again did not appreciate my giving nature, and I had moral obligations to support the person, but after awhile I saw that closeness with such negative being is killing my Essence so I made a choice to separate and this was my last resort but the only way to save myself. People would beg me to offer my hand again (blood related) I refused. Once for the love of my mother I did a favor for her, and regretted later very soon because the person in question retaliated against me ( on all given occasions ) and revenged to the point that would not lead to anything good for me. I broke up ties again and asked my mother to please never put me in this position again because for the sake of "tie" I experienced enormous negativity and I don't deserve this. She never asked me to do it for that person again.

So I would say #1 - to transform yourself completely on mental, emotional, and spiritual way and become self-actualized brand new person and achieve your goals and master your personality all out of heartbrake and then get peace for yourself and just more Love from him - was the worse and the most painful thing in my life but it made me the person who I am. However, I prefer if this did not happen to me because it was too hard for me.

... and #3, just in different ways because it involved another person I loved a lot, and haven't expected it. Now I changed, so I have different ways of protecting myself, and it works, I am happy. Also the person in question had own problems and probably could not be anyone's friend and appreciate anyone anyway - I just happen to be the one who took the risks ( out of love and moral obligations ). But if this will kill your essence and distroy you, then you have no choice but to let it go. ( This is very interesting topic, again, thanks. [Smile] )

Very well put, what if the wrong thing you're doing is the sacrifice part, would that be so bad?
LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaZeeZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
the right thing to do for yourself is to just walk away and stop hurting yourself, but somehow, you feel that since you love her, you can't let her be misguided, even if you can never get her.
What would u do in that case? [/QB]

Look, If someone is misguiding her, you should misguide her in a worse way. Girls like the ones who misguide them. Play the bad guy for awhile and see the result for yourself, don't just be the innocent victim. At least, this way, if you lose her you'll know it was for a reason and get over it quickly and if she comes to you, you'll know she is a bltch with no personality and you'll dump her easily too.

Good luck

[Big Grin]

Posts: 1539 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ' Sharon Stone '     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
What if the wrong thing you're doing is the sacrifice part, would that be so bad?

Please elaborate. I am not sure what do you mean?
Posts: 989 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Umslopagas
Member # 11956

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
What if the wrong thing you're doing is the sacrifice part, would that be so bad?

Please elaborate. I am not sure what do you mean?
What I mean is, if the right thing for you to do is to walk away, however you can't do that because you're obliged to watch over the person you like (you can't give'em up), would this be considered weakness, chivalry or idiocy?
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hi ppl,
The question for today,
What's more painful?

The most painful thing to me is wearing uncomfortable shoes.

Loving and being not loved back means that you have not enough love and respect for yourself.

Doing the wrong thing when you know what's right means one is stupid and stubborn.

Having the moral obligation to watch over someone who treats you badly happens often with our children in their teenage years. We love them no matter what. And they often treat us the way we treat them.

I'm sorry I am a terribly unromantic person, and that's why I had little pain in my life.

Be wise and save your pain for when you're physically sick man!

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Umslopagas
Member # 11956

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Egyptian Batwoman:
quote:
Hi ppl,
The question for today,
What's more painful?

The most painful thing to me is wearing uncomfortable shoes.

Loving and being not loved back means that you have not enough love and respect for yourself.

Doing the wrong thing when you know what's right means one is stupid and stubborn.

Having the moral obligation to watch over someone who treats you badly happens often with our children in their teenage years. We love them no matter what. And they often treat us the way we treat them.

I'm sorry I am a terribly unromantic person, and that's why I had little pain in my life.

Be wise and save your pain for when you're physically sick man!

Wisely avoiding pain I see, however it's from this sort of experience that people learn, I believe that people who are too practical live in peace somehow, but they're missing a very big part of life, the human side, which they only appreciate later on, tight shoes can be quite a nuisance as well, I totally agree.

But remember this you can never grasp the whole meaning of life without being exposed to it.

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It hurts to love someone and not be loved in return, but what is the most painful is to love someone and never find the courage to let the person know how you feel.
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katangah
Member # 11586

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for katangah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

But remember this you can never grasp the whole meaning of life without being exposed to it.

You can expose yourself all you want, even running around naked if you want to. You would still be unable to grasp the meaning of life [Big Grin]
Posts: 217 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Umslopagas
Member # 11956

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by katangah:
quote:

You can expose yourself all you want, even running around naked if you want to. You would still be unable to grasp the meaning of life [Big Grin]
You're absolutely right, but I'll always be one step ahead, it's better than to die before having lived in the first place [Wink]
Umslopagas
Member # 11956

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
It hurts to love someone and not be loved in return, but what is the most painful is to love someone and never find the courage to let the person know how you feel.

Correct me if i'm wrong, you're talking about the anxiety of being uncertain of the outcome of something, and thus avoiding it, however if you allow this uncertainty to hinder you, then you'll live your whole life with a worse feeling. REGRET
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think regret is the worst thing, and it can come from making the wrong decision and also from never making a decision at all. At least with making the wrong decision you tried and had the courage to fail and learn. [Smile]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Umslopagas
Member # 11956

Rate Member
quote:
i think regret is the worst thing, and it can come from making the wrong decision and also from never making a decision at all. At least with making the wrong decision you tried and had the courage to fail and learn. [Smile]

I absolutely respect that, thanks for making me think of it that way.
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Well I appreciate your kind response. I think too often people are critizied for making bad decisions but what they fail to recognize that experience comes with failing (most times).
katangah
Member # 11586

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for katangah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Well I appreciate your kind response. I think too often people are critizied for making bad decisions but what they fail to recognize that experience comes with failing (most times).

And then ur life would be a serious of failures.
Seriously, you can't afford to make too many mistakes. Just stick to the norms and conform. Don't try to reinvent the wheel. Life is too short for that.

Posts: 217 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Imagine a guy standing on the edge of a bridge on his way to commit suicide. You tell him don't do it, you will fall and smash your head and your chiwawa will hurt big time before you die looking like a boneless chicken.

Then he says he wants to find out for himself if the experience will be as painful as you will have claimed it would be.

[Roll Eyes]

There are things in this world on which you cannot just say>> oh let's give it a try and see if we fail.

I call that a waste of life!!

It's the good advice that he just didn't take
Who would've thought ... it figures!!

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katangah
Member # 11586

Member Rated:
quote:
Imagine a guy standing on the edge of a bridge on his way to commit suicide. You tell him don't do it, you will fall and smash your head and your chiwawa will hurt big time before you die looking like a boneless chicken.

Then he says he wants to find out for himself if the experience will be as painful as you will have claimed it would be.

[Roll Eyes]

There are things in this world on which you cannot just say>> oh let's give it a try and see if we fail.

Now, if women would just listen to you and stop trying to reinvent themselves [Cool]
"Aminah" should have stayed home.

Umslopagas
Member # 11956

Rate Member
quote:

[Roll Eyes]

You figured my response wrong here, this is not a post asking for answers, it's an invitation to reflect on life.
Your opinion would be the sane person's reaction, however it's all about "what if"

seabreeze
Member # 10289

well obviously you have to know what the risk is in the decision you're making. Is it going to be a mistake you can get over or a life altering mistake. Obviously anything you can't recover from is a differnet story you must use common sense please.
Umslopagas
Member # 11956

Rate Member
I absolutely agree with Egyptian Batwoman and With a name like Smuckers.
Your opinion would be the normal person's reaction, however it's all about "what if", this is an invitation to think and try to reflect on the possibilities life offers us

--------------------
When you take something for granted as your own accomplishment. The lord takes it away to show you that all is his making and that you have done nothing to deserve his gift

katangah
Member # 11586

Member Rated:
quote:
Your opinion would be the normal person's reaction, however it's all about "what if", this is an invitation to think and try to reflect on the possibilities life offers us

You can think all you want. Eventually destiny will take charge anyway by blinding you to the real defining factors. Only in retrospect are we ever wise [Cool]
seabreeze
Member # 10289

[Confused]
Umslopagas
Member # 11956

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

You can think all you want. Eventually destiny will take charge anyway by blinding you to the real defining factors. Only in retrospect are we ever wise [Cool]
What you mention here is after wisdom I believe, only someone shallow would consider this as an insight.
What I'm trying to provoke here is something else, it's just an invitation to think and reflect on your current status, if you look closely, you'll find that we all have the a/m problems, but we just overlook it, what I set here today does not necessarily include a girl or love life.
Let me set you an example, if you have a younger brother who went astray and who hates you out of envy, the right logical choice for self protection is to walk away, however you never do that, cause there's an obligation, and even though he hates you, you're always there for him.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

katangah
Member # 11586

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:

What you mention here is after wisdom I believe, only someone shallow would consider this as an insight.
What I'm trying to provoke here is something else, it's just an invitation to think and reflect on your current status, if you look closely, you'll find that we all have the a/m problems, but we just overlook it, what I set here today does not necessarily include a girl or love life.
Let me set you an example, if you have a younger brother who went astray and who hates you out of envy, the right logical choice for self protection is to walk away, however you never do that, cause there's an obligation, and even though he hates you, you're always there for him.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Define went astray first - for every thing is subjective.
Umslopagas
Member # 11956

Rate Member
Went astray could mean a lot of things, he could be the black sheep of the family for instance, or made a wrong professional choice, which left him in financial need, could be into drug abuse, the point is he's not on the right track.

--------------------
When you take something for granted as your own accomplishment. The lord takes it away to show you that all is his making and that you have done nothing to deserve his gift

Umslopagas
Member # 11956

Rate Member
So people,

Do you honestly believe that what's right should be done, regardless of how painful it is

Or should the human factor be taken into consideration, when taking such a decision as to let go of someone dear to you.

Is it more painful to sacrifice your pride or sacrifice someone else, someone you're damn sure that deep inside there's still some good in them, but because you've been hurt time and again, you just walk away

--------------------

' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Hi Ums, I told you my story when I was out of moral obligation doing ( sacrifizing ) so much for someone I cared about ( blood related, but also people around you could be friends too )and the biggest mistake I have done was when I listened my mother after 1st time ( I said, no more ) my mother begged me, oh please do it for me, I - to make my mother happy said ok ( believing she made some reconciliations and it will work ).

What happened was that "so and so" was convincing my mother to get me back for the selfish reasons so that he/she can retaliate against me and revenge. Now, the perception of that person about me was so so so wrong that no matter how many times I tried in good faith to explain - you believe in wrong things about me - look I can prove it - "SO AND SO" refused to see the Truth and chose to believe whatever he/she wanted anyway.

It did not bother me at first, but then I felt huge pain of revenge for small things, big things, anything that was available, showing me no respect, letting me down, creating conflicts unecessary from nothing, betrayel of all kinds, killing my Soul and my Essence completely to the point I had only 2 choices: either me or "so and so".

I prayed asking for quidance, I mediated, I contemplated, I reflected, I talked to myself I reviewed the past, the present, the issues, the circumstances, the actions, I started getting sick of "so and so" presence in my life as the person is pulling me down all the way and something told me - Let it go... save yourself, your Soul doesn't need this torture, let him/her learn on their own, and you better help someone else who really needs you and appreciates you. So I did.

I haven't made a mistake, but this was my last resort. I think "so and so" in my case was incapable of doing any better due to many personality issues and situations and until he/she changes ( if ever ) I am not interested to revive it. My mother is very shocked, but I told her not to expect me to go into this and get me hurt so terribly again, these are serious issues, because that would mean I am giving a chance to a negitive person to distroy me and surely I won't do it out of love for myself too! So in my case, now I don't trust that person, because I clearly saw no chance for a healthy relationship and more importantly I am so much happier without "so and so". Gee, no problems, no headaches, no migraines... peace only.

' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Icon 5 posted      Profile for ' Sharon Stone '     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
What I mean is, if the right thing for you to do is to walk away, however you can't do that because you're obliged to watch over the person you like (you can't give'em up), would this be considered weakness, chivalry or idiocy?

Can you walk away without giving the person up?

What do you consider "watching over" the person?

How related is this? Love, family, friends, adults, children... there is a difference in type of moral obligations towards different people.

Umslopagas
Member # 11956

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

Can you walk away without giving the person up?

What do you consider "watching over" the person?

How related is this? Love, family, friends, adults, children... there is a difference in type of moral obligations towards different people.

You know Sharon, long ago someone gave up on me, it felt really bad, they didn't say anything, they just vanished.

And I started taking the wrong path then, it was my downfall, I eventually managed to pull myself together, but it took a lot of struggle.

During that period, when I was shocked, I did everything unspeakable, I hurt people, going like why should I care, no one cares for me, everyone saw me totally indifferent to people's sufferings, I was so self centred that I was evil.

Then something happenned, which made me realize that I was wrong, till today I beg for forgiveness.

But now my past is catching up on me, the same pain I caused people is inflicted on me, and I know that this is justice being served.

When I look back I came to think that maybe if I were supported, I wouldn't have gone so far off course.

And I look at the one inflicting that pain, and I see myself long ago, and I know that if I can guide them, they won't have to suffer the same way I do.

Any clearer now?

Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! Umslopagas what's your profession?

You remind me of one of my Psycology professors.

Meant in a good way of course. BTW I'm enjoying this thread.

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com