EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » why is every thing so darn hard?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: why is every thing so darn hard?
ma-egy
Member # 11463

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ma-egy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ever started somthing and u were so exited about and never got around to finish it? cant get a clean break-up? a good lasting jop? is it just me or is it just me, my self and i??
Posts: 69 | From: cairo | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guest Of Life
Member # 11462

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guest Of Life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ma-egy:
ever started somthing and u were so exited about and never got around to finish it? cant get a clean break-up? a good lasting jop? is it just me or is it just me, my self and i??

it's not you it's, corruption,bribery and dictatorship....etc of the Egyptian Government
you can't find a good job
you can't have a good life
you have no rights of what so ever
unless you follow the main stream, do as the big boys do
in other words sell your values and do WHAT EVER IT TAKES to have what you want
or
you can just live as 90% of the people and shut your mouth\close your eyes , or just bark in the desert to let it out.....
unless
people started DOING something about all this....
moot ya 7omar

Posts: 201 | From: A To : Z | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ma-egy
Member # 11463

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ma-egy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mabe u r right, so should i just get out of here?
leave home? i once traied and i got so homesick and i came back..

Posts: 69 | From: cairo | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please don't start on this...... i have been through a series of bad luck.

I'm fcuked up [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for antihypocrisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
NO problem, Get used to it. u r better than others, dont think u r worse.

" treat yourself like precious object will make you strong" I found this sentence on a bathroom of a american friend of me

Posts: 2728 | From: جمهورية مصر العربية | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Basic Instinct
Member # 12051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Basic Instinct     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So if you want to go - where do you think you could go?
Posts: 83 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sharonstone:
So if you want to go - where do you think you could go?

To nowhere land
Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Anderson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Guest Of Life:
quote:
Originally posted by ma-egy:

it's not you it's, corruption,bribery and dictatorship....etc of the Egyptian Government
you can't find a good job
you can't have a good life
you have no rights of what so ever
unless you follow the main stream, do as the big boys do
in other words sell your values and do WHAT EVER IT TAKES to have what you want
or
you can just live as 90% of the people and shut your mouth\close your eyes , or just bark in the desert to let it out.....
unless
people started DOING something about all this....
moot ya 7omar

Here is something I learned in a "organizational communication" course:

There's a theory that describes one's "locust of control" or the degree to which one takes responsibility for themselves / actions. People with an internal locust of control believe everything is within their control. Those with an external locust of control believe that external influences determine their destiny.

I am having a bugger of a time finding a online psychology definition database that will explain it in clear professional terms.

But anyhow, if you blame the government, and everything but yourself then you will get no-where. Start taking responsibility for aspects of your life that are within your control and you'll start getting somewhere.

Posts: 991 | From: My daughter is a stalker | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Albino_Eskimo:
There's a theory that describes one's "locust of control" or the degree to which one takes responsibility for themselves / actions. People with an internal locust of control believe everything is within their control. Those with an external locust of control believe that external influences determine their destiny.[/b]

I am having a bugger of a time finding a online psychology definition database that will explain it in clear professional terms.

You might have more luck if you spelt it correctly [Wink] http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGGL,GGGL:2006-34,GGGL:en&q=locus+of+control
Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Anderson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by newcomer:
quote:
There's a theory that describes one's "locust of control" or the degree to which one takes responsibility for themselves / actions. People with an internal locust of control believe everything is within their control. Those with an external locust of control believe that external influences determine their destiny.[/b]

You might have more luck if you spelt it correctly [Wink] http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGGL,GGGL:2006-34,GGGL:en&q=locus+of+control
Actually that is how my instructor spelt it, and he has a Phd in the field of psychology.

Don't be so flippant.

Posts: 991 | From: My daughter is a stalker | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Actually that is how my instructor spelt it, and he has a Phd in the field of psychology.

Don't be so flippant.

Why not? Lighten up sonomod, learn how to laugh at yourself...it would make your life a lot more pleasant and also the life of all those around you [Wink]

If that was the case...about your professor I mean...then it appears that he made a mistake and you can now have the pleasure of explaining it to him. [Smile]

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gentle_giant
Member # 10863

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gentle_giant     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad I don't have a grasshopper controlling me.

--------------------
Happiness is a choice!

Posts: 177 | From: London | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

quote:
quote:

Don't be so flippant.

Why not? Lighten up sonomod, learn how to laugh at yourself...it would make your life a lot more pleasant and also the life of all those around you [Wink]

If that was the case...about your professor I mean...then it appears that he made a mistake and you can now have the pleasure of explaining it to him. [Smile]

It was meant to be condescending and you know it.

Well this is a strange older researcher dude, who actually knows the researcher who developed the concept of "locust of self-control". Which is a pun, a play on words; remember the 'experts' who study human potential are some of the wackiest people on earth.

If you understood how the locust mind works while in a frenzy (group attack mode) or as a singular individual grasshopper; then you'd understand why the researcher chose to put that extra 't' in the term.

Way over your head, along with several other researchers who chose to further develop the concept.

Do grasshoppers know a location? Do locust remain in one location? You got to understand territory in the sense of these two creatures. And I would think with your personality the concept would be ideal for explaining your quirks and motivations, but how the concept applies to you is well over your head.

Is it about controlling others or controlling yourself?

Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

quote:
Originally posted by gentle_giant:
I'm glad I don't have a grasshopper controlling me.

It goes back to group-think. and GG you are not a brazen maverick as you'd like to think. You follow the pack like anyone else. And when presented with an opportunity to interpret a situation for yourself without any consequence to you, you chose to abide by the opinions of others. Just out of comfort sake.
newcomer
Member # 1056

quote:
There's a theory that describes one's "locust of control" or the degree to which one takes responsibility for themselves / actions. People with an internal locust of control believe everything is within their control. Those with an external locust of control believe that external influences determine their destiny.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Locus_of_control
The Locus of control is a concept in psychology, originally developed by Julian Rotter in the 1950s.

People tend to ascribe their chances of future successes or failures either to internal or external causes. Persons with an internal locus of control see themselves as responsible for the outcomes of their own actions. These individuals often believe that they control their destiny, and are often observed to excel in educational or vocational realms. Someone with an external locus of control, on the other hand, sees environmental causes and situational factors as being more important than internal ones. These individuals would be more likely to see luck rather than effort as determining whether they succeed or fail in the future, and are more likely to view themselves as the victim in any given situation.

Nice try of wriggling out of it, but according to what you originally quoted you were talking about the very well known Locus of Control Theory. Absolutely nothing to do with locusts and territory...that was just a poor attempt at a whitewash to try to save face.

al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Locus_of_control
The Locus of control is a concept in psychology, originally developed by Julian Rotter in the 1950s.

People tend to ascribe their chances of future successes or failures either to internal or external causes. Persons with an internal locus of control see themselves as responsible for the outcomes of their own actions. These individuals often believe that they control their destiny, and are often observed to excel in educational or vocational realms. Someone with an external locus of control, on the other hand, sees environmental causes and situational factors as being more important than internal ones. These individuals would be more likely to see luck rather than effort as determining whether they succeed or fail in the future, and are more likely to view themselves as the victim in any given situation.

Nice try of wriggling out of it, but according to what you originally quoted you were talking about the very well known Locus of Control Theory. Absolutely nothing to do with locusts and territory...that was just a poor attempt at a whitewash to try to save face.

Alright, here's the scoop. Wikipedia is a open source encloypedia in which anyone can post an entry. you don't have to be an expert in order to qualify to post an entry to the website.

Secondly as I noted above my "organizational behavior/communication" course was taught by a Phd in the field of "organizational communication" and actually knows/knew the researcher who came up with the concept of "locust of self-control" which trumps an entry in wikipedia.

Its an academic term that helped start the ball rolling that later become "organizational behavior" field of sociology/psychology.

Later on it was processed for clinical therapy sessions, so it was then moved to an entirely different field and was renamed so the banal field of psychology didn't have to explain the play on words/pun to their already confused and despondant couch customers. Which is a really excellent move since the pun is totally lost on you.

Copeche?

Two different fields use the term but with different spellings. One field which is totally absorbed by experts can handle the pun, while it was processed differently and spelt different so very well medicated patient/consumers focus on the intent of the concept, and not its spelling.

The term is spelt different for very good reasons, one for clinical use for idiots on a couch, or for experts who can handle a joke.

Copeche already?

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

Don't be so flippant.

Well this is a strange older researcher dude, who actually knows the researcher who developed the concept of "locust of self-control". Which is a pun, a play on words; remember the 'experts' who study human potential are some of the wackiest people on earth.

If you understood how the locust mind works while in a frenzy (group attack mode) or as a singular individual grasshopper; then you'd understand why the researcher chose to put that extra 't' in the term.

Way over your head, along with several other researchers who chose to further develop the concept.

Do grasshoppers know a location? Do locust remain in one location? You got to understand territory in the sense of these two creatures. And I would think with your personality the concept would be ideal for explaining your quirks and motivations, but how the concept applies to you is well over your head.

Would you mind posting a credible reference to your personal interpretation of this well know theory? I would be interested in reading about any kind of scientific studies that actually identified personalities of locusts. Just how would one go about doing that, I wonder. Because Rotter was known for combining behaviorism and personality study as the motivative force, rather than physiological insticts.

And, why would a phd professor decide to incorrectly identify a well-known theory leading his students (like you) to desperate search the internet with no results? Because he mispelled it?

What the hell kind of a sorry school do you go to then?

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ExptinCAI:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Don't be so flippant.

Would you mind posting a credible reference to your personal interpretation of this well know theory? I would be interested in reading about any kind of scientific studies that actually identified personalities of locusts. Just how would one go about doing that, I wonder. Because Rotter was known for combining behaviorism and personality study as the motivative force, rather than physiological insticts.

And, why would a phd professor decide to incorrectly identify a well-known theory leading his students (like you) to desperate search the internet with no results? Because he mispelled it?

Well post that I am wrong. Just find a concluding piece showing that I am wrong by an expert.

You are well aware that I don't like you, I kept a damning thread concerning your interest in Egypt from www.egypt-talk.com and God do I wish I kept that photo Leo_821 had posted of you showing your all abundant fatness and grotesqueness.

You are an Israeli, I have no idea why you post here.

Anyhow the notes from class is in a pile of 46 inches of paper but I found this on the web:

Do a search and read up on "internal locust of control" as opposed to "external locust of control." That's just another way of looking at your tendency to place your trust outside the Self. The original work was done by Dr. Martin Seligman, a noted, scholarly psychologist who has now moved on to the study of happiness.

http://www.ppc.sas.upenn.edu/bio.htm

So obviously there are two researchers on this concept which is curious that you even debate the contradiction. Because Psychology and sociology is the two fields of study in which they steal from each other all the time

If you look at Dr. Martin Seligman bio he was a Uppsala University in Sweden. My former instructor did some of his Phd studies in Sweden. So they must've known each other to a certain extent.

Give me a few minutes and I'll find that textbook. Only 20 inches of paper in that stack.

By the way, have you had gastric by-pass surgery yet?

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Here's another one, but its in bibliographic form not an open source blot:

Resilience studies have identified these protective factors: higher IQ (Garmzy et al., 1984; Masten et al., 1988), quality of parenting (Masten et al., 1988), other adults (Garmezy et al., 1984), internal locust of control and social skills (Luthar, 1991).

http://www.nc4h.org/greenlight/dream/tiet.php

So there it looks more official than an what Newcomer had posted.

An Business quiz which often uses sociology more than psychology:

16. The number of salespersons to who report to a sales manager is called
a. the span of control.
b. the locust of control.
c. expectancy theory.
d. national accounts organization

dl.ccc.cccd.edu/classes/internet/business150/q4.rtf

#
# Members must primarily have an “internal locust of control” (relying on one’s own inner guidance and godliness) as opposed to an “external locust of control”. (relying more on external guides, gimmicks and dogmas, new age or other kind)

http://www.remoteviewers.com/htms/updated/groups/recruitment_specs.htm

A textbook:

# Masculine orientation

* Task versus relationship focus

# Locust of control

* Internal versus external

phenix.troy.edu/ppt/4478/mgt4478_11.ppt

And this listserver post actually quotes Rotter with the spelling of locust with a 't' which is bizare because this list is centered around AEJMC Conference Papers:

Further research by Kahle (1983 & 1984) has supported the theoretical notion that the LOV indicators may be better represented at a more abstract level of "value domains" that reflect either internal or external control orientations, based on a personality scale developed by Rotter (1966). People with a strong internally-oriented locust of control believe that events in their lives are determined more by their own actions than by chance or uncontrollable forces.

http://list.msu.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0101b&L=aejmc&T=0&P=25231

I mean I could go on, if you want me to. Otherwise prove me wrong.

newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 7 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you’re looking for authentic, perhaps the APA (American Psychological Society) is authentic enough for you, and their Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, and the Nordic Journal of Psychiatry, a little better than a business quiz and a PhD student thesis perhaps? [Wink]

http://www.nlsbibliography.org/qsource.php3?xxx=Journal+of+Personality+and+Social+Psychology

DOHERTY, WILLIAM
Impact of Divorce on Locus of Control Orientation in Adult Women: A Longitudinal Study
Journal of Personality and Social Psychology 44,4 (April 1983): 834-40
Cohort(s): Mature Women
ID Number: 569
Publisher: American Psychological Association (APA)

DOHERTY, WILLIAM
BALDWIN, CYNTHIA
Shifts and Stability in Locus of Control During the 1970s: Divergence of the Sexes
Journal of Personality and Social Psychology 48,4 (April 1985): 1048-1053
Cohort(s): Mature Women, Older Men, Young Men, Young Women
ID Number: 570

SMITH, HERBERT L.
DECHTER, AIMEE R.
No Shift in Locus of Control Among Women During the 1970s
Journal of Personality and Social Psychology 60,4 (April 1991): 638-640
Cohort(s): Mature Women, Young Women
ID Number: 2255

http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/tandf/spsc/1999/00000053/00000001/art0000
6#search=%22APA%20Locus%20of%20Control%22

Hopelessness and locus of control in patients with motor conversion disorder
Author: Binzer M.
Source: Nordic Journal of Psychiatry, Volume 53, Number 1, 19 March 1999, pp. 37-40(4)
Publisher: Taylor and Francis Ltd

And now I think I’ll rest my case! [Smile]

ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by *Albino_Eskimo*:
quote:
Originally posted by ExptinCAI:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Don't be so flippant.

Well post that I am wrong. Just find a concluding piece showing that I am wrong by an expert.

You are well aware that I don't like you, I kept a damning thread concerning your interest in Egypt from www.egypt-talk.com and God do I wish I kept that photo Leo_821 had posted of you showing your all abundant fatness and grotesqueness.

You are an Israeli, I have no idea why you post here.

Anyhow the notes from class is in a pile of 46 inches of paper but I found this on the web:

Do a search and read up on "internal locust of control" as opposed to "external locust of control." That's just another way of looking at your tendency to place your trust outside the Self. The original work was done by Dr. Martin Seligman, a noted, scholarly psychologist who has now moved on to the study of happiness.

http://www.ppc.sas.upenn.edu/bio.htm

So obviously there are two researchers on this concept which is curious that you even debate the contradiction. Because Psychology and sociology is the two fields of study in which they steal from each other all the time

If you look at Dr. Martin Seligman bio he was a Uppsala University in Sweden. My former instructor did some of his Phd studies in Sweden. So they must've known each other to a certain extent.

Give me a few minutes and I'll find that textbook. Only 20 inches of paper in that stack.

By the way, have you had gastric by-pass surgery yet?

LOL. So according to you, you've seen my picture, I'm Israeli and I need surgery? LOL. It seems people love taking the piss out of you (making fun of you) in real life as well as on the internet and you're gullible enough to not only believe them, but you think you can outwit them. Bwaahahaaaaa!!!!!!
Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
quote:
If you’re looking for authentic, perhaps the APA (American Psychological Society) is authentic enough for you, and their Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, and the Nordic Journal of Psychiatry, a little better than a business quiz and a PhD student thesis perhaps? [Wink]

http://www.nlsbibliography.org/qsource.php3?xxx=Journal+of+Personality+and+Social+Psychology

DOHERTY, WILLIAM
Impact of Divorce on Locus of Control Orientation in Adult Women: A Longitudinal Study
Journal of Personality and Social Psychology 44,4 (April 1983): 834-40
Cohort(s): Mature Women
ID Number: 569

DOHERTY, WILLIAM
BALDWIN, CYNTHIA
Shifts and Stability in Locus of Control During the 1970s: Divergence of the Sexes
Journal of Personality and Social Psychology 48,4 (April 1985): 1048-1053
Cohort(s): Mature Women, Older Men, Young Men, Young Women
ID Number: 570

SMITH, HERBERT L.
DECHTER, AIMEE R.
No Shift in Locus of Control Among Women During the 1970s
Journal of Personality and Social Psychology 60,4 (April 1991): 638-640
Cohort(s): Mature Women, Young Women
ID Number: 2255

http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/tandf/spsc/1999/00000053/00000001/art0000
6#search=%22APA%20Locus%20of%20Control%22

Hopelessness and locus of control in patients with motor conversion disorder
Author: Binzer M.
Source: Nordic Journal of Psychiatry, Volume 53, Number 1, 19 March 1999, pp. 37-40(4)
Publisher: Taylor and Francis Ltd

And now I think I’ll rest my case! [Smile]

I didn't just quote a quiz and a Phd thesis I used other sources as well.

Why can't you accept that its a similar spelled term with two different meanings?

Why because you must always be right.

And your perceptions of correctness also include "FGM as medically necessary" amoung other twisted ideas.

It is spelt in two different fashions because different fields of study see the concept in two different ways. Which is beyond you completely.

Former ES Member and Moving Away
Member # 10626

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Former ES Member and Moving Away     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The external/internal locus is often described in Myers' textbooks. However, Albino Eskimo is correct....in other areas of study, the term 'locust of control' has been aptly used. It all depends on who is doing the writing and why. The correct term is generally 'locus' but there are exceptions. It is not uncommon to see words most people typically associate with one thing in life being used for something else and even with a different meaning in another field.
Posts: 820 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Sapna:
The external/internal locus is often described in Myers' textbooks. However, Albino Eskimo is correct....in other areas of study, the term 'locust of control' has been aptly used. It all depends on who is doing the writing and why. The correct term is generally 'locus' but there are exceptions. It is not uncommon to see words most people typically associate with one thing in life being used for something else and even with a different meaning in another field.

Thank you. As a few hours went by I thought about that, my instructor coached us on how the wording is different and how he will use it one way in class but there is the discrepancy in there.

Actually a HR director in class that had done her first bachelors in psychology went to war with him on a number of issues including this one. So I should've remembered and known better.

Besides I had my war with him on Jungism. Not a pretty memory to have. He is a white dude with the same ethnic background I have, but he is married to a Brazilian woman. We had some pretty intense staring matches after his ascertian of everything "white bread". he completely ignored studies that found early sociology and psychology to be racially biased.

Oh my God did I have some of my worst and most torrent intellectual arguements with that instructor. And age 57 or so, he was hot! A Søren Kierkegaard to the max.

newcomer
Member # 1056

quote:
The external/internal locus is often described in Myers' textbooks. However, Albino Eskimo is correct....in other areas of study, the term 'locust of control' has been aptly used. It all depends on who is doing the writing and why. The correct term is generally 'locus' but there are exceptions. It is not uncommon to see words cmost people typically associate with one thing in life being used for something else and even with a different meaning in another field.

Hi Sapna!

Thanks for the explanation, so according to what you were saying it wasn't just a typical case of sonomod misspelling or misquoting, and for that I guess I need to apologise to her.

I have no problems in accepting a point of view when it is described in this way, a logical rational way, but when someone rambles on about the different spellings for the same theory being due to grasshoppers and locusts understanding of territory, and then uses it to make underhand personal attacks on me, I treat whatever she writes in the same way as I treat her frequent misquoting of things she reputedly remembers me having written, as if repeating something will make it true! As having total lack of credulity. Thanks for your intervention.

al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
The external/internal locus is often described in Myers' textbooks. However, Albino Eskimo is correct....in other areas of study, the term 'locust of control' has been aptly used. It all depends on who is doing the writing and why. The correct term is generally 'locus' but there are exceptions. It is not uncommon to see words cmost people typically associate with one thing in life being used for something else and even with a different meaning in another field.

Hi Sapna!

Thanks for the explanation, so according to what you were saying it wasn't just a typical case of sonomod misspelling or misquoting, and for that I guess I need to apologise to her.

I have no problems in accepting a point of view when it is described in this way, a logical rational way, but when someone rambles on about the different spellings for the same theory being due to grasshoppers and locusts understanding of territory, and then uses it to make underhand personal attacks on me, I treat whatever she writes in the same way as I treat her frequent misquoting of things she reputedly remembers me having written, as if repeating something will make it true! As having total lack of credulity. Thanks for your intervention.

And yet you didn't apologize.

Typical revert mentality.

newcomer
Member # 1056

quote:
Originally posted by *Albino_Eskimo*:
And yet you didn't apologize.

Typical revert mentality.

And it was responded to with a typical American-with-Scandinavian-roots, mature-undergraduate, divorcee-from-an-Egyptian, revert-wannabe, mentality [Wink]
Member # 10626

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Former ES Member and Moving Away     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Albino_Eskimo and Newcomer, you are welcome.
Posts: 820 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 10626

And the bickering on ES neverends....it definitely keeps the board interesting.... [Big Grin]
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
everyonre feels like this at some stage in life, we just got to pick the peices up and make the best, think what is good in youre life and bad and weigh them up see if you find youre answer on youre weight scale, if you know, what i mean, maybe not cause i also dont know what i mean, hahahaaha

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gentle_giant
Member # 10863

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gentle_giant     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the record, I've met ExptinCai, and she's not as you describe at all.

Do you remember Expat?

--------------------
Happiness is a choice!

Posts: 177 | From: London | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com