EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » am I loosing the plot???!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: am I loosing the plot???!!!
wishmeister1
Member # 12067

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for wishmeister1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Smile] Hi everyone so glad i have found you all!! I'm stuck in old England but my heart is in Egypt. I married an Egyptian man in July and have thought of nothing else but how to get him here - [Eek!] almost impossible so plan B - we go there - ok great!!! BUT i am a single parent ie no money no maintainance on benifits etc. I'm seriously planning to uproot us all, move out to Hurghada or somewhere where I believe my life will be happy ever after! I mean do people actually do this or have I lost my heart and the plot!! [Mad] [Embarrassed] [Mad]

My kids are about to hit their teenage years and are going totally off the rails here and of cause their education is a big concern but I'm struggling with this gamble of things getting worse and worse here or taking the gamble of getting on a plane and trusting that everything will work out ok living there. I just feel the lack of money is a major issue I mean how do I pay for their schools, will I make friends over there, will i get a job, am i the first person to have done this with no money behind them??????? HELP!!!

My life long dream is to live somewhere like egypt and I love my husband so so much i cant think of anything else please someone tell me it is possible to get myself out there and it will all work out for the best! [Confused]

Posts: 17 | From: uk | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check your mailbox [Smile]
Posts: 1215 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am really sorry but going to Egypt when you have no money no job and have kids to educate is not an option. You will be lucky to get a job and if you do because you got one in the country you would be paid Egyptian wages. These would not pay for anything. there are no international schools in Hurghada, so your teenage kids would not be able to attend school as they don't speak Arabic.

You would not be the first person to try this but all the others have gone back home sadder and wiser.

The only way to make it in Egypt as an expat is by having money, either a pension/rental from a UK house/private income or by having enough money and business accum to set up a business.

I am British and live in Luxor and I succeeded because I had capital to invest plus experience running my company in the UK with a turnover of 140k plus the additional skill set of being able to work as a guide. My daughter has settled here because she is bilingual and spoke Arabic since birth. It took 6 months of planning before I moved here and another year before the business was bringing in enough money to cover the bills.

Some countries you could 'wing' it but Egypt is not one of them.

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by akshar:
I am really sorry but going to Egypt when you have no money no job and have kids to educate is not an option. You will be lucky to get a job and if you do because you got one in the country you would be paid Egyptian wages. These would not pay for anything. there are no international schools in Hurghada, so your teenage kids would not be able to attend school as they don't speak Arabic.

Not all correct - there are a German school in Hurghada and just 15 min drive (El Gouna) there is a english school too.
Posts: 1215 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tibe:
Not all correct - there are a German school in Hurghada and just 15 min drive (El Gouna) there is a english school too.

I suspect her children don't speak German either, yes they could be driven to El Gouna but that would incur even more cost. At least a Hurghada school would avoid that if there was one. But this is all academic as she has not got the money for the taxi never mind the school fees.

I am doing a reality check for her

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by akshar:
quote:
Originally posted by Tibe:

I suspect her children don't speak German either, yes they could be driven to El Gouna but that would incur even more cost. At least a Hurghada school would avoid that if there was one. But this is all academic as she has not got the money for the taxi never mind the school fees.

I am doing a reality check for her

Im dont disagree with you. Starting a new life in Egypt with teenage kids requires a good sum of money as a start also it will be difficult to adjust to the work hours and salery, but if I had no kids I would have been there allready. [Smile]
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THERE IS WAYSOF GETTIGN HIM HEAR IM WAS ON SICK PAY AND MONEY DOES HELP BUT EVEN IF YO HAVENT GOT IT THERE IS WAYS OF HELP ,CUD U GET A SPONCER TO THELP YOU AND EXACTLY WHERE R U IN ENGLAND ...IS YOUR HUSBAND EDUCATED LOOK AT ALL POSSIBILITIES ,,IKNOW IT SOUNDS LIKE A DEAD END BUT THERE IS WAYS AND MEANS ,AND IF YO CUD IT WUBE GOOD IF YOU GOT UR APPLICATION IN BY APRIL NEXT YEAR ,THEY CHANGE THE POLICYS ,AND ENGLAND AT THE MOMENT IS IPENING THERE BORDERS TO EROPE AGAIN SDO WE FLUCTUATING ,IT PISSES ME OFF WHEN OTHER STATUS PEOPLE NOT MEANS TESTED NOT INTERVIEWED NOT SUBJECTED TO CRAP CAN COME CUS WE EURIPEAN ,BUT OUR HUSBANDS OR WIVES HAVE TO BE SC RUTINISED CUS WE OR THEM MIGHT BE SPONGERS ,PISSES ME OFF ,LOOK WISHMIEISTER I BELEIVE WHERES THERE WILL THERE IS AWAY ....WHERE R U ANY WAY ...
Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for soozi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh thats interesting. Anybody any idea what the new policies are?
Posts: 836 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
The British Governement will not welcome anyone who they feel might have to rely on public funds. If you can get a sponser that they will believe is sufficinetly involved who will support them and has the means then you might stand a chance. The sponser has to prove their status be providing employment, financial standing and lastly a relationship that means they will not try and get out of the commitment.

I know a single parent mum who married an Egyptian and did get him into the country, she got herself a job, it was not brilliant but the government were satisfied that he would not need social services. She was pregnant which she thinks might have helped their application.

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for soozi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Akshar, but aren't they the current policies? My Name is No More implied that they are to change next April, and I am wondering what is going to be different.
Either that or I've completely misunderstood (which happens a lot!! [Big Grin] )

Posts: 836 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
I think you will find that whilst there may be high level decisions that are changing (we will let in more people from Easter Europe) the actual detail of who is let in remains the same (they have to be independent of social services).

I have a friend who works at the Home Office and she tells me their working practices and computer systems remain the same. Of course the actual decisions in these cases are made at the Embassy abroad but if the Home Office, which is where the appeals are refered to, aren't changing working practices then the Embassy won't be.

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
Ah, I've got it now, thanks! That makes sense.
caterpillar
Member # 10438

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for caterpillar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wishmeister... It must be very hard for you being apart, how much time have you spent with him? i agree with akshar, i think you could find yourself in a difficult situation. I decided i wanted to leave england a few years ago, when i was a single parent, but i gave myself a plan of 5-10 years so that i could get qualified and move abroad for work, i had wanted to move to spain or canada, so it would have been easier, but i still would have wanted to be prepared, made sure that i spoke the language (even if only a little) and my son did too, went with a job to go to etc..
Then i met my hubby (now ive just finished studying spanish! lol) and we would move to an arabic country, would love egypt but dont feel that we could live comfortably, so maybe dubai...have you thought about that? I started learning a word a day of arabic, but would study it first if we were going to move...although i have a cousin who works as an airhostess in dubai and speaks no arabic... I would suggest you give yourself at least a year to prepare, think of work, learn some arabic perhaps, maybe with your kids as well. This would give you all time to get used to the idea of living somewhere else and time to get prepared as to how you be able to support yourselves once there.
It must be hard being apart but at least if you both have a plan to work towards then you wont be taking too many risks, you owe it to your fanily to make sure they are secure, good luck

Posts: 1017 | From: uk | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THERE IS NO LAW TO SAY THAT HER HUSBAND CANNOT COME ON INTO THE COUNTRY ON PUBLIC FUNDS ,IF YOU GET A SOLICETOR THEY WILL QUOTE EXACTLY WHAT THEY MEAN THEY PREFER U TO WRK BUT IF UR NOT THEN THERE ISA NOT A LAW TO SAY UR NOT INTITLED TO APPLY U WULL OBVIOUSLY OF COURSE HAVE A HRDER TIME TO PROVE UR SELF ,IT HELPS TO HAVE SOME MONEY ..AND I BEG TO DIFFER WIF U AUSER MY HUSBAND CAME IN ON ME BIENG PUBLIC FUNDS OWING IM A CARER FOR MY DAUGTHER IWHO IS ILL ..BUT BEING HAVING A CADEMIC BCK GROUND AS WELL HAS HIM BEING A TEACHER HE WAS ALLLOWED IN ON HIS QUALIFICATIONS ,IT DEPENDS ON WHO U HAVE OR WHAT OR WHEN U GO ,EVERY ONE IS TREAT VERY DIFFERENT ..MY HUSBAND GOT THAT WOMAN IN THERE THE UK EMBASSY SHE ACTUALLY TOOK A SHINING TO HIM I KNOW THAT ,,BUT THE MAN IS OK BUT THE OTHER NO WAY I FOGET HIS NAME HES A DOG,BUT I NOW SUMTIMES THEY LIKE U TO KNOW ENGLISH ,,AND NOW THEY ARE ONABOUT SAYING THAT U GOT TO PROVE UR MARIAGE FOR AT LEAST 2YEARS SOON EVENIF UR IN ONE COUNTRY AND HE IN ANOTHER ,THEY ARE SAYING UR GOING ON HOLIDAY AND GETTING MARRIED TO TO QUICK WITH OUT KNOWING THE PERSON ,COME ON REALLY HOW MANY HERE GET MARRIED SO QUICK IN ATWO DAYS OF MEETING EACH ITHER IN THIS COUNTRY U HAVE TO HAVE THE ANDS READ FIRST TO PROVE UR SINGLE AND MOT MARRIED THERE U GO ALONG THE BEACH UREYSES GAZE AND WHAM BHAM UR IN LOVE U FLY TO CAIRO TO GET A PEPR T MARRY AND THEN JIGGY JIGGY ,I SAY WHAT LOVE IS THERE ...WELCOME TO MARRIED LIFE ,IM ON THE PLANE HOME YOUR MARRIED AND NOW UR IN SICK CUS OF LUUUUUUUUUUV........ [Smile]
Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by MY NAME IS NO MORE .....,:
THERE IS NO LAW TO SAY THAT HER HUSBAND CANNOT COME ON INTO THE COUNTRY ON PUBLIC FUNDS ,IF YOU GET A SOLICETOR THEY WILL QUOTE EXACTLY WHAT THEY MEAN THEY PREFER U TO WRK BUT IF UR NOT THEN THERE ISA NOT A LAW TO SAY UR NOT INTITLED TO APPLY U WULL OBVIOUSLY OF COURSE HAVE A HRDER TIME TO PROVE UR SELF ,IT HELPS TO HAVE SOME MONEY ..AND I BEG TO DIFFER WIF U AUSER MY HUSBAND CAME IN ON ME BIENG PUBLIC FUNDS OWING IM A CARER FOR MY DAUGTHER IWHO IS ILL ..BUT BEING HAVING A CADEMIC BCK GROUND AS WELL HAS HIM BEING A TEACHER HE WAS ALLLOWED IN ON HIS QUALIFICATIONS ,IT DEPENDS ON WHO U HAVE OR WHAT OR WHEN U GO ,EVERY ONE IS TREAT VERY DIFFERENT ..MY HUSBAND GOT THAT WOMAN IN THERE THE UK EMBASSY SHE ACTUALLY TOOK A SHINING TO HIM I KNOW THAT ,,BUT THE MAN IS OK BUT THE OTHER NO WAY I FOGET HIS NAME HES A DOG,BUT I NOW SUMTIMES THEY LIKE U TO KNOW ENGLISH ,,AND NOW THEY ARE ONABOUT SAYING THAT U GOT TO PROVE UR MARIAGE FOR AT LEAST 2YEARS SOON EVENIF UR IN ONE COUNTRY AND HE IN ANOTHER ,THEY ARE SAYING UR GOING ON HOLIDAY AND GETTING MARRIED TO TO QUICK WITH OUT KNOWING THE PERSON ,COME ON REALLY HOW MANY HERE GET MARRIED SO QUICK IN ATWO DAYS OF MEETING EACH ITHER IN THIS COUNTRY U HAVE TO HAVE THE ANDS READ FIRST TO PROVE UR SINGLE AND MOT MARRIED THERE U GO ALONG THE BEACH UREYSES GAZE AND WHAM BHAM UR IN LOVE U FLY TO CAIRO TO GET A PEPR T MARRY AND THEN JIGGY JIGGY ,I SAY WHAT LOVE IS THERE ...WELCOME TO MARRIED LIFE ,IM ON THE PLANE HOME YOUR MARRIED AND NOW UR IN SICK CUS OF LUUUUUUUUUUV........ [Smile]

Are you sure you are English "My Name is No More" you seem from your spelling to be foreign.

Anyway the easiest thing to do is to go to the official website
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1018721067257

quote:
together you can support yourselves and any dependants without any help from public funds

you have suitable accommodation, which is owned or lived in only by you and your household, and where you and your dependants can live without any help from public funds

Proof of this is required
quote:

recent statements or letters from your sponsor’s UK employer, bank, local authority or building society to show what support and accommodation will be available for you in the UK

The two year relationship proof rule only applies to unmarried couples

quote:
The Entry Clearance Officer will need to see evidence of a two-year relationship. This may include:

documents showing joint commitments, such as bank accounts, investments, rent agreements or mortgages
letters linking you to the same address, and
official records of your address, such as your National Insurance card or health card.

At first, you will be allowed to stay and work in the UK for two years. Near the end of this time, if you are still partners and intend to continue living together, you can apply to stay permanently in the UK.

If you and your unmarried or same-sex partner have been living together outside the UK for four years or more, and they have been a British citizen for four years or more, there will be no time limit on how long you can stay in the UK.

public funds is further defined
quote:
What are public funds?
Under the Immigration Rules, if you want to travel to the UK to settle, you must be able to support yourself and live without claiming certain state benefits. Use this link to see a list of them:
Public funds
You can find more information about public funds in the Immigration Directorate Instructions (IDIs) and Immigration Rules on the Immigration and Nationality Directorate’s website. Immigration and Nationality Directorate

FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
ESCUSE ME BUT I SAID O BEG TO DIFFER IM ON STATE FUNDS HAS I SPEAK MY HUSBAND IS WITH ME THEY HAVE N PROBLEM WITH US WE REGUARLEY CHECKED AND HE IS STUDYING ,,,AND IM SORRY TO DISSAPOINT YOU IM NOT THREADING LIKE U ALL THE TIME SO MY SPELLING IS IN ACCCURATE CARE TO TEACH ME I CHARGE £10POUND A HOUR...
BELEIVE ME THERE IS A WAY THERE IS A WILL ,AND INE WORKED ,I WASNT EVEN WORKING WHEN I APPLYED FOR MY HUSBAND ,,I APPLYED IN THE FEB OF THIS YEAR HE WAS OVER BY MAY 27TH BUT THEN WE WAS TOGETHER FOR ALONG TIME ......

wishmeister1
Member # 12067

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wishmeister1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi thankyou all for your messages and help, sadly its not what i was hoping for i guess my dream of it all being easy was unrealistic. I met Mohamed whilst I was on holiday in Luxor, we had the most wonderful time and when I came home I just couldn't stop thinking about him.

I found a solicitor and she said we should apply for his visa anyway and when it was rejected - which it would be - then i could take it to appeal in England, does anyone know anything about that??

I flew back out there and spent another 2 weeks getting all his papers together then went to Cairo to get married in the Embassy but there we found that it cost £260 just to apply for the visa, by this time i had ran out of money and so couldn't even apply.

I've been back a month and am saving every penny i can to get out there at Xmas. In the mean time I contacted my brother who lives in Spain, his dream has always been to move to Egypt and I told him all about Mohamed and our problems. A few days later he called me and said he would put up £50,000 if I found a house and a business. My worry is that he'll change his mind as he has let me down in the past.

So i'm praying every day that this will work out and at Xmas I plan to get out there and search for something that he won't be able to refuse.

If there are no schools in Hurghada except el gouna - which is rediculously expensive - where else would you recomend I start looking? I loved Hurghada as it was not as hot as Luxor and much less "hassle" and living in Dorset Cairo just overwhelmed me!

So I' living in the hope that I find somehere - there must be somewhere - that my brother doesn't let me down, that i find a budget rate school and a business of some sort and a house big enough for us all for £50,000!

My brother then, unfortunatly, is my only hope as I have no other family or anyone who i could ask to sponser Mohamed to live here. As for a business - any ideas?? I was thinking of a little coffee and juice bar, Mohamed thinks we should buy some cars to rent out.

In the mean while I'm sending all my cosmic orders to the universe and telling him to say his prayers 5 times a day! Something just has to go right for us somehow!!

Thanks again for all your help here thankyou all!

Vxxx

--------------------
Vx

Posts: 17 | From: uk | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
I am afraid I am going to carry on not giving you what you are hoping for but rather that than in 6 months time you asking 'why didn't you tell me?"

Our local juice bar charges 50pt for a glass of sugar cane juice and the coffee shop 50pt for a tea. So I would suggest that you would have to sell a hell of a lot of tea in order to get a basic standard of living.

Renting out cars, do you mean for self drive or with drivers. A driver considers himself doing well if he get 50Le a day, out of that he has to pay petrol, car maintenance and if he doesn't own the car a payment to the owner. Self drive? I would not have thought there was the demand.

You can get budget schools, we paid 2500 LE last year but these expect half the syllabus to be in Arabic. At my daughter school that means Arabic, History, Religion, History and Geography are in Arabic. English, Maths, Computer and science are in English. There are other English pupils at the school who speak almost no Arabic and get no support from the school to bring them on stream. So they basically muck around and learn nothing during those lessons.

Egypt has a very poor capital return on investment but if your brother is not worried about that then that is fine. The only businesses that show decent profits are those catering to the tourist market. But it is very cut throat and unless you have a USP then you are unlikely to make an impact. Also unless you have run a business previously then you are almost bound to make expensive mistakes.

I think Caterpillars reply was excellent suggest and long term plan that involves learn the language and developing a skill set that will be in demand in the job market. That is both you and your husband.

As to bringing him to the UK don't waste money on solicitors use the free immigration charities and the government information that is on the web. Research other peoples experiences find out both why they have been turned down and why they have been accepted. That is what I did when we applied for a holiday visa and it paid dividends I spent 18 months researching before we submitted our application and it was accepted that day.

A word of warning my husband enjoyed his holiday but no way on earth could he live in the UK. I knew that when we married having had experience before with my late Syrian husband. In my experience Arabs are not happy separated from their homeland.

--------------------

qurnawiya
Member # 11708

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for qurnawiya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Akshar is right it's very difficult to get anyone in to the UK if you are on benefits! Your case must be one of the very few that has been allowed My Name is No More and by the end of next year it will be even more difficult as the points based system will be inforce and the majority of visas will go to people with qualifications who can work and contribute to the economy. Settlement visas will be even harder to get as the goverment tightens up on the numbers of immigrants that are allowed in to the country!
I hope you are successful WM but I would not recommend that you go to Egypt without trying it for longer than 2 weeks it's not for everyone and even when you have a good strong marriage it can put an enormous strain on your relationship. I wouldnt hold your breath on the appeal either and make sure the lawyer you have is registered to give immigration advice there are an awful lot of fakes out there!

Posts: 7 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
qurnawiya
Member # 11708

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for qurnawiya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Akshar I agree with you again, I hate to be the one to say dont do it but I think I may have to, maybe I should find out where WM is and go and knock off her rose coloured glasses. WM my husband too had trouble adjusting but he definitely prefers living here to Luxor but his longterm plan is for us to live 6 months there and 6 months here so we get the best of both worlds.
How long have you known Mohamed, where is he from exactly, what does he do for a living? These are all very important questions that we need answering so that we can advise you. Have you read other threads on here and I know you will say yours is different but is he? You may wish to PM me, I have seen too many women be cheated and left heartbroken to stand aside now. I am one of the lucky ones but then I had been going to Luxor for a long time before I met my husband and I knew him for a year before we became more than friends. In all that time he has never asked me for money and even now shoulders the majority of the household bills! He always tells me to tell any woman about to embark on a relationship with an Egyptian that no self respecting Egyptian man would let a woman pay for anything. He never has let me pay for any meals/taxis/visits since we became a couple!

Posts: 7 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wishmeister1
Member # 12067

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wishmeister1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think your all right about him moving here (Dorset England) i don't think that would work i don't really like it here myself especially now the winter is on its way and were all being forced to get in our box's and stare at the box all day!

Maybe I am romancifying Egypt but i feel it is something in my soul that has drawn me there and living in the sun would feel like paradise to me just to be able to watch the sun go down and swim in the sea every day I wouldn't care whether we had any money just enough to survive it would be 1,000 times better than this life i am living at the moment.

Also I am really spiritual and believe this is my destiny so many strange things happened to me to get me where I am today for me to not think some greater force is giving me this oppertunity to change things for us!!

Ok so maybe the coffee shop isn't such a great idea but what about with Henna tattoo's and tarot card readings or would the Egyptians think that some form of witch craft??? I don't want to make loads of money just enough to survive!! I'm also a qualified hairdresser maybe i could do something with that!!?? Or I've seen some jobs for English people with childcare experience and having 4 boys i have plenty of that!!!

Oh and I have 3 A'levels -never had the chance to do anything with them but they must count for something surely!!??

I'm willing to do anything seriously I can't let this come to nothing I can't just walk away from it!

Akshar... where is this school!! I knew there had to be cheeper ones!! Thankyou!! i mean they aren't doing too well in England anyway and at least over there they will be learning arabic ay!!

My brother feels the same, there's some past life thing or something... he said he could live in a mud hut if only it were in Egypt so as long as we could survive thats all we're worried about except of cause I'm worried to death he will pull out!!

Mohamed lives just outside Luxor he is a henna tatoo artist he's really good at it too but doesnt seem to be making much money though. I met him in July and I can see all the problems comming... i've had a hard life myself, and am not wet behind the ears as far as relationships go so i can see all the problems before they even occur, I know its not going to be easy but then again my life has never been easy and I am a bit of a challenge myself anyway and I can never let go of a challenge so I'm gonna follow this through ..I'm that determined!!

Believe me I have very little faith that its all gonna be a bed of roses as far as Mohamed is concerned but i know how strong I am, and whilst i love to be dominated by my man i wont take any s**t either and i can see him coming a mile away. I have faith in God to take care of me and teach me the lessons i need to learn no matter how hard and i think he see's that in me and has a reluctant respect for that... Bless him and he still loves and wants me!!!

The more we go on the more convinced I am that this is all for a reason...and i hope i don't sound like some new age crazy girl here but i have so many reasons to believe this is my destiny, i just have to follow this thruogh to the ends of the Earth if needs be!!

I mean i found you lot for a start and what a wicked start!!!

Thanks so much for being there this is just what i needed!!!

VXXXXX

--------------------
Vx

caterpillar
Member # 10438

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for caterpillar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
why dont you do some market research and see how viable having a salon would be in a tourist area? i think if your thinking of running a business or even moving there you should really learn arabic with your kids, you could do that here while your researching your business ideas...why not start working as a hairdresser here and get some self employed experience behind you, you could do henna here also, they have craft fairs/events all over the country, i know because i have done them, or you could do it with hairdressing...just some practical ideas for you
Posts: 1017 | From: uk | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
These schools are called private language schools and like I say they do half the curriculum in Arabic, they give no support what so ever to non Arabic speaking pupils. They suggest you get private lessons. So as well as my daughters school fees we also pay out for an Arabic tutor, a Maths tutor and a French tutor. If a kid does not pass a year they are held back until they do, despite the exams also being half in Arabic. My daughter spends loads of time translation for people because the English kids don't understand what is going on half the time. This year although there was supposed to be 5 English kids none have turned up. Some are still out of the country but others I don't know why. so please do not think these are anything like school in the UK.

I would say your practical talents would appeal to the tourist market. Tarot, hairdressing and tattoos are perfect for the tourist market. It does not matter what Egyptians think of Tarot, you are not selling to them but a decent hairdresser would get work and you could use that as a market place for your other skills.

The thing that does concern me is that you only met your husband in July so we are talking holiday romance here. I would feel much happier if you were coming on your own than you are coming to be with a man you have only known for a few short months and on a few days face to face.

I think it would be a good idea to live here for a few weeks before you made any plans to leave the UK. I suspect you could do this fairly easily and I suggest you do this on your own with the kids. Then you could see if YOU could cope with the life here.

--------------------

wishmeister1
Member # 12067

Rate Member
I'm sure we would pick up Arabic living with an Egyptian man and i could learn how to do henna tattoo's also.

I just need to know where to find a cheap school, Mohamed seems to think there's one near the airport in Hurghada any one know anything about that one??

My plan B is for him to live here although i think we would all be happier in Egypt. at least over there i could find english speaking friends, surely he would feel isolated here.

Still if it means we could be together i'm willing to try to get him here how long were you together before you applied No Name??

In the mean time i think i should do that teaching English as a foreign language course;;;I don't know its all so much at the moment all i want is to be able to be with the man i love for Gods sake...why is it so hard....anyone know of another country we could both easily move to.. meet in the middle... how hard is it to get into Spain does anyone know??? Its all about the money thats what gets me.. so if I hadn't have had kids amd had a good bank account i could buy anything including my husband.. I mean how is that fair???

God I hope my brother was being serious. We miss each other so much this is killing me and its going to be my worst nightmare having to leave him again at christmas!!! my heart is breaking just thinking about it how did any of you cope with that???

Vxx

--------------------
Vx

FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by wishmeister1:
I think your all right about him moving here (Dorset England) i don't think that would work i don't really like it here myself especially now the winter is on its way and were all being forced to get in our box's and stare at the box all day!

Maybe I am romancifying Egypt but i feel it is something in my soul that has drawn me there and living in the sun would feel like paradise to me just to be able to watch the sun go down and swim in the sea every day I wouldn't care whether we had any money just enough to survive it would be 1,000 times better than this life i am living at the moment.

Also I am really spiritual and believe this is my destiny so many strange things happened to me to get me where I am today for me to not think some greater force is giving me this oppertunity to change things for us!!

Ok so maybe the coffee shop isn't such a great idea but what about with Henna tattoo's and tarot card readings or would the Egyptians think that some form of witch craft??? I don't want to make loads of money just enough to survive!! I'm also a qualified hairdresser maybe i could do something with that!!?? Or I've seen some jobs for English people with childcare experience and having 4 boys i have plenty of that!!!

Oh and I have 3 A'levels -never had the chance to do anything with them but they must count for something surely!!??

I'm willing to do anything seriously I can't let this come to nothing I can't just walk away from it!

Akshar... where is this school!! I knew there had to be cheeper ones!! Thankyou!! i mean they aren't doing too well in England anyway and at least over there they will be learning arabic ay!!

My brother feels the same, there's some past life thing or something... he said he could live in a mud hut if only it were in Egypt so as long as we could survive thats all we're worried about except of cause I'm worried to death he will pull out!!

Mohamed lives just outside Luxor he is a henna tatoo artist he's really good at it too but doesnt seem to be making much money though. I met him in July and I can see all the problems comming... i've had a hard life myself, and am not wet behind the ears as far as relationships go so i can see all the problems before they even occur, I know its not going to be easy but then again my life has never been easy and I am a bit of a challenge myself anyway and I can never let go of a challenge so I'm gonna follow this through ..I'm that determined!!

Believe me I have very little faith that its all gonna be a bed of roses as far as Mohamed is concerned but i know how strong I am, and whilst i love to be dominated by my man i wont take any s**t either and i can see him coming a mile away. I have faith in God to take care of me and teach me the lessons i need to learn no matter how hard and i think he see's that in me and has a reluctant respect for that... Bless him and he still loves and wants me!!!

The more we go on the more convinced I am that this is all for a reason...and i hope i don't sound like some new age crazy girl here but i have so many reasons to believe this is my destiny, i just have to follow this thruogh to the ends of the Earth if needs be!!

I mean i found you lot for a start and what a wicked start!!!

Thanks so much for being there this is just what i needed!!!

VXXXXX

you said dorcet uhm my friend clare married out there one day before me she lives with her hubsand in dorcet his name is gabar,,she was on family credit and she had no problems getting her hubby over ,,and i must please LET U KNOW YES IM ON BENIFITS WHILE I WAS IN PROCESS OF APPLYING FOR MY HUSBAND 6WEEKS PRIOR TO THAT IWASNT MY HUSBAND GOT THROUGH MOSTLY ON HIS EDUCATION STATUS BEING HEAD YEAR TEACHER IN SHIS CHOOL AND OF COURSE HE WAS WRKING FOR THE GOVERMENT ,,EDUCATIONALY..AND IM TOOK TIME TO CARE FOR MY DAUGHTER AND THATS WHY I WAS IN RECIEPT OF BENIFITS CARER ALLOWANCE ,AND THIS I HAD TO PROVE ALONG WITH MEDICAL NOTES AS WELL BUT IT WENT WELL AND HE CAME OVER WITH THE 8WEEKS OF APLYING FOR HIM BUT I WAS WITH M HUSBAND SINCE OCT 2004 AND WE WAS ENGAGED HERE IN ENGLAND WHILE HE WAS STUDYING HIS DEGREE IN SCOTLAND MY ADVANTAGE WAS MY HUSBAND HAD BEEN HERE ALREADY ,,AND THEY SAW IT WAS A GENUINE MARRIAGE AND SAID SHE CUD NO OONGER SEE WHY WE NEEDED TO BE APRT KNOWING WITH MY ILL CHILD I CUD NOT GO THERE AND LIVE AND KEEP VISITING IT WAS GETTING IMPOSSIBLE SO SHE GRANTED IT FOR US YES IM ONE OF THE LUCKY ONES AND HOPE EVERY ONE ELSE GETS LUCKY ..NUT IF YOU GO AND DECIDE TO LIVE OUT THERE IT WILL BE TWICE HAS HARD THEM TO COME BACK WHAT OF PROPERTY U OWN UROWN HOUSE THEN UR LUCKY IF U DONT U LOSE UR RENTED ACCOMADATION THEN THEY STRT TO SAY WHEN UR APPLYING FROM EGYPT AFTER LIVING THERE U CAN COME HOME BUT WHAT CAN U PROVIDE FOR UR HUSBAND JUST BE CAREFUL THERE ...DONT JUMP TO DRASTIC ...W/S
qurnawiya
Member # 11708

Rate Member
That was presisely my point My Name, your case is way different to someone who is on benefits and their 'husband' is not of long standing or well educated! I agree that if you are on benefits then it should be difficult for you to get someone else here who the taxpayer would end up keeping! Before you jump on me I worked for the Benefits Agency and the Job Centre so your not gonna change my opinion!
Take our advice, WM go out there for yourself if you must, try to live out there with your kids dont do it for a man you have only just met! It's not easy to live in Luxor or Hurgarda, how many times have you been, how long have you stayed, have you lived with his family and had to fetch water from a well because there is no running water and there are no showers because of it just a bucket of hot water and a jug? Can you live like that everyday for the rest of your life? Can you cope with the culture have you talked about how you will have to behave and dress? Are you prepared to compromise on things you see as your independance because if you are not you are setting yourself up for a mighty big fall! As i said PM me and I will explain the way it is!

FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by qurnawiya:
That was presisely my point My Name, your case is way different to someone who is on benefits and their 'husband' is not of long standing or well educated! I agree that if you are on benefits then it should be difficult for you to get someone else here who the taxpayer would end up keeping! Before you jump on me I worked for the Benefits Agency and the Job Centre so your not gonna change my opinion!
Take our advice, WM go out there for yourself if you must, try to live out there with your kids dont do it for a man you have only just met! It's not easy to live in Luxor or Hurgarda, how many times have you been, how long have you stayed, have you lived with his family and had to fetch water from a well because there is no running water and there are no showers because of it just a bucket of hot water and a jug? Can you live like that everyday for the rest of your life? Can you cope with the culture have you talked about how you will have to behave and dress? Are you prepared to compromise on things you see as your independance because if you are not you are setting yourself up for a mighty big fall! As i said PM me and I will explain the way it is!

escuse me i have worked nearely all my life for when i could work im a qualified teacher in sports when i applyed for my husband i was in part time wrk and caring for my daughter who is ill in remission i took the plunge at that time to care for her full time ,my husband is of educated status and i do beleive this played aprt in him coming here but they looked at my circumstances and medicaly has well and saw that i wud at that time benifit by husband being with me in most of it has been benificial i do not and will not beleive that any one shud bring over sumone over while they are in recipet of benifits depending ona circumstances ,im my self now is only in reciept of carers allowance to which my husband is in full time work and i was only on the benifits for 12weeks until he got here with in a week he was in employment yes im fortuanate i do not sponge of f the state in any way what so ever for the sake of it my husband even if lost his job wud not be entitiled to any goverment funding inthis was mentioned in the interview ,so can we calrify this i just dont want to put all my personal circumstances down here but i felt the need to justofy myself ,
i myslef cannot live in egypt owing to my daughters medical care ,she g ets the best treatment here in that case i wud not want to jepordise this but in future wud i and my husband love to go home to egypt YES OF COURSE inshallah i hope so
i bid you gooday my friend w/salaams sandy..

qurnawiya
Member # 11708

Rate Member
My Name is English not your first language? I said you were one of the fortunate ones the fact your husband had been here before, you had been engaged and knew one another well and the circumstances around your daughters health are all things that would have been taken in to consideration by the Entry Clearance Officer and later on Immigration! What I said was that anyone on benefits without extenuating circumstances would find it very difficult to bring in a new 'husband'. It took us 2 years to obtain the visa for my husband and in all that time I was deaing with Asylum Seekers who waltze in to the country and get everything thrown at them! I know there are some who are genuine but the truth is the majority are here because we are soft and they know once they get here they will be very difficult for the UK to send them home. Most are economic migrants and are pretending to be from countries whose population do have problems!
Sorry to go OT WM but I stand by what I say, you will find it difficult to get you other half here and I doubt very much you have even considered what sort of life you would lead in Luxor or Hurgada!

FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
whats the first sentance meaning ,you explain ,sureim crap at writing englishi have seen worse here but im english through and through fortunate like you ,and yes i was lucky and probably she will have a hard time but as we speak at this present time i have known egyptians coming in here with out a problem with a woman in a very low income ,,,not saying i feel its right ..im totaly in agreeble with you i just got a feeling your jumping on my throat ,why i cant think why when i pmed you for some help for my husband who is actually feeling lost here ..thanx again /w/salaams .
qurnawiya
Member # 11708

Rate Member
I am not jumping on you that's the point I am stating a fact that in general people on benefits dont get to sponsor people to the UK, I dont make government policy and my comments werent personal to you. I am sorry you tought they were but this is the typed word you never get the inflection behind what is said!
I tried to answer your PM but your box was full!
If your hubby needs help then fine PM me your email address and I will talk to my hubby and if he agrees he will talk to him. He's a very busy man though he runs his own business!

FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
OK ...
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MY NAME IS NO MORE .....,:
whats the first sentance meaning ,you explain ,sureim crap at writing englishi have seen worse here but im english through and through fortunate like you ,and yes i was lucky and probably she will have a hard time but as we speak at this present time i have known egyptians coming in here with out a problem with a woman in a very low income ,,,not saying i feel its right ..im totaly in agreeble with you i just got a feeling your jumping on my throat ,why i cant think why when i pmed you for some help for my husband who is actually feeling lost here ..thanx again /w/salaams .

yes, you've seen worse spelling on here, but from people for whom english is a 2nd, 3rd or 4th language. since you say you're a teacher, you should realize the importance in composing your thoughts clearly and making an attempt at spelling - at least so that it's understood. your posts are extremely difficult to read by people who are fluent in english, let alone those who aren't so fluent. it would be a big help if you just took a bit more time composing and checking your spelling. more people would benefit from your posts and advice.
Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
you saw where im a teacher in WHAT ,just cricket only i dont write i bat the ball and hit it for a no 6 preferbaly in your view ...this was a thread but i do so thankyou for your comment cause your always on my case ,,,feel free to go over this and correct me ..B.H.

im not english fluent i was born here but not my first lanugage was born and bread in india i have problem that i admit ...and i try my best ANY THING ELSE you liked to add ...ANY ONE ELSE WANT TO DISS ME AND GET ON MY CASE ,,SURE ABOUT IT FEEL FREE TO POST HERE ,,BEING THIS IS THE FIRST CORRECTION NO THE 5TH UHMMMMMMMMMMMM IN THINKING NOW ..GOOD DAY TO YOU ...

wishmeister1
Member # 12067

Rate Member
oh my God I have started you lot arguing ... I think No Name is really clever to be writing and speaking English at all...

I really don't want him to come over here and sponge off the government he would have to get down the beach and do henna tattoo's till his fingers dropped off to save enough money to get us a house out in Egypt and / or look after my kids so i could work...but its my plan B anyway what i really want is to get over there...but my brother hasn't replied to any of my emails lately so it looks like he's forgetting about it already!!! ****!!!

Thankyou for all your help by the way your advice is so valuable to me!!

I guess i've just got to wait but the cheap school is my first thing to look for. And I'm going to get a job so I can at least say I'm working if it comes to trying to get him here surely they'd be ok with working familys tax credit its just i'll be no better of financially still it gives us a better chance.

Thanks again for your help and NO Name I can understand you perfectly!

VXXXX

--------------------
Vx

Mimmi
Member # 3606

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mimmi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No name are you Chimps?
Posts: 523 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
if i could sponcer you i would do so without hesitation ,yes i know my circumstances were different i was in work when i applyed the application but my daughter fell ill again and i chose to pack up and care full time im teach little now in cricket and im ill my self at the moment with high blood pressure but getting better all the time ,if i can find away round this i will gladly help you ,,i have friends good friends in egypt and i think u have here now who will advice you and help you if need be so i do beleive in time if its what you really want the both of you you will make it a success and achieve your ultimate goal ,some people need to remember it was easier a couple of years ago to get here still hard then but not has hard as it is now ,and easier to achieve something here its alittle bit harder but then saying some are lucky than others not every one is the same and immigration can change by the day and what they ask of you ..some times my friend said he quoted from cairo arab embassy all goverments have points system and they have so many to allow in and not in and it has happened where someone with no standered of qualifications no work exsperience and the sponcer applying for them not got good income has got through the hurdle then u have the other who is rich has it all and denied so its based most times on a first come served bases it is true and it has happened and no one shud deny this ,and i do beleive most of the time its fiddled as well money does play the part as well ,,rememeber we all have diferent circumstances get professional help there is free help out there and free advice to help you if ur wanting to apply here or to go and live there ,what ever the option good luck ..w/s CHIMPS
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mimmi:
No name are you Chimps? [/QUOTE
what the original chimps ..

DawnBev
Member # 11276

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnBev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wishmeister: what do you kids want to do?
Posts: 1056 | From: UK, Middle East & Europe | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wishmeister1
Member # 12067

Rate Member
I'm just going to keep waiting and see what i can come up with. I'm losing hope more and more each day that i will get him here with me.

I have had no replies from my brother so it looks like he's not going to go through with buying a business out there....another dream gone!

I have a friend here who has offered to sponcor him to come here on a visit visa she has a fat bank account....does anyone know if this would also be hard to get??

I think thats a great idea because we could find out much more whether things would work out between us in 6 months.

And then if they do then i am just going to go for it and move to Egypt!!!

I cant see how we wouldn't be ok if both of us worked and payed rent on a house and found a cheap school.

its not like i live the high life here anyway!

As for my children i think living in Egypt would be an education in itself, they all love the sound of living over there and i think a new life would be good for us as we aren't doing all that well here.

Even if we all come back after a couple of years at least we would have done something exciting in our lives surely!!!

And there's also the chance it could work out and we could be happy ever after, I'll never know of i don't try will i?

So as long as i know we'll be safe which it sounds like we will i don't really have anything to lose....do I?

Thanks again for all your replies and help Vxxx

--------------------
Vx

DawnBev
Member # 11276

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnBev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Red Sea Community Newsletter is useful for jobs, lettings etc.

I'll try and find the link.

Posts: 1056 | From: UK, Middle East & Europe | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
quote:

I have a friend here who has offered to sponcor him to come here on a visit visa she has a fat bank account....does anyone know if this would also be hard to get??

I have written about my experiences getting a visitors visa for my husband here http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=001527 and have to say it is not about your friends fat bank account, it is about the Embassy being convinced he will return to Egypt.
DawnBev
Member # 11276

Rate Member
www.red-sea.com/news/
wishmeister1
Member # 12067

Rate Member
Thankyou Akshar for your info on the visitors visa....that looks unlikely that he'd get one as he would have no real proof that he would return to Egypt, he's not even working now!

I am so tired of thinking about it all, i worry all the time, its driving me crazy.

The good news is that my brother has got back in touch and he still wants to move to Egypt so thats the plan at the moment! I'm really excited but worried sick also.

I know so many things could go wrong but also hopeful that things just might go good for us...God willing! its a chance i really have to take!

Anyone got any advice on the visa i would need to stay in Egypt, i guess I'd get the first 6 month one at the airport then apply for a longer one after that. ???

vxx

--------------------
Vx

akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Yes get a one month one at the airport as usual and then go to the passport office and get a one year extentsion, people have lived here decades on tourists visa's just renew it every year.

If he hasn't even got a job then no, it is unlikely they would give him a visitors visa.

--------------------

wishmeister1
Member # 12067

Rate Member
Thankyou Ashar

Unbelievable how easy that is, and how unfair!! yet Egyptians are not even allowed a holiday!!!

What countries are they allowed to visit with out all the hassle??

Vxx

--------------------
Vx

akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
I believe they can go to Malta!!!! No don't ask me, I have no idea why Malta and not any where else. BTW completely of topic the Maltese speak a language that is a mixture of Arabic and Italian

--------------------

Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
quote:
Thankyou Ashar

Unbelievable how easy that is, and how unfair!! yet Egyptians are not even allowed a holiday!!!

What countries are they allowed to visit with out all the hassle??

Vxx

None within the EU. You could always try Marocco,Djerba - should be very beautifull.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com