EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Just want to Introduce myself

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Just want to Introduce myself
Pearls
Member # 12073

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pearls     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone. my name is Pearl and i have been reading this forum for just over 1 year. and i must say its been intresting and helpfull.

I am a South African living in London an a Ansestral visa, i have been here almost 3 years now. My Egyptian boyfriend lives in Italy. we have been together 2 years now.

Thanks for the great advise and topics.

Posts: 14 | From: England, London | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, your life is like a mini United Nations. [Smile]

Welcome. [Smile]

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pearls
Member # 12073

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pearls     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks [Smile] I know it makes life more complicated and interesting.
Posts: 14 | From: England, London | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pearls:
Thanks [Smile] I know it makes life more complicated and interesting.

Good way to put it, and I agree.
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pearls
Member # 12073

Member Rated:
Please tell me more about yourself. We must have some thing in common as we both on this forum. [Smile]
daria1975
Member # 6244

Oh, not much to tell really. I'm an American with an Egyptian-American husband. We live in DC. I joined this forum a couple of years ago, to try and learn more about the culture. I've only visited Egypt a few times, and really the only exposure to Egyptians I have is my husband.

Have you visited Egypt? [Smile]

Pearls
Member # 12073

Member Rated:
Yes i have been to Egypt, that is where i met my now boyfriend. He was a chef there in a resturant and i am a chef too. So we had a lot in common to start with a friendship that went into a relationship later.
daria1975
Member # 6244

Cool. [Smile]
Pearls
Member # 12073

Member Rated:
you said you dont have much exposure to other egyptians. Is your Egyptian - American husband very tradital? I often wonder if my boyfriend moved here, as we plan, at a later stage. i wonder how he would ajust not having as many egyptian friends here. he now lives in Italy but there are plenty on Egyptians in Italy.
daria1975
Member # 6244

My husband came over here about 20 years ago (we're older I think, than most people on this forum). He's *not* very traditional, and in many ways he is extremely American. But when certain family situations come up, he can definitely go back to what he knows, and that often throws me for a loop.

He does have a lot of Egyptian friends here, however. I just met him a few years ago, and he already had his social network here. He *was* lonely at first, he told me. Took him about a year to start really enjoying it when he first moved here.

There are *many* English women here with Egyptian husbands I believe. I think most have moved to Egypt, but there are some who are still living in England with their husbands. Maybe you can meet up and hang out. [Smile]

Pearls
Member # 12073

Member Rated:
Thank you [Smile] Hope to chat to you again soon its been very intersing and helpfull. and lovely to be welcomed by someone that has been on this forum for a while. Enjoy the rest of your evening [Smile]
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Pearls nice to meet you [Smile]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
get-over-it
Member # 8447

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for get-over-it     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Left.Side.Lying.State.Of.Mind:
There are *many* English women here with Egyptian husbands I believe. I think most have moved to Egypt, but there are some who are still living in England with their husbands. Maybe you can meet up and hang out. [Smile]

Hi Pearls - I'm one of these poor English wives unlucky enough to be stuck here in rainy England, instead of beautiful Egypt! I live about half an hour away from London, but work in the city centre. My Egyptian husband's been here for 6 months now and is adjusting fairly well to life here! It's amazing how many people we've met and made friends with in similar situations to ours, so you don't need to worry about your husband being too lonely when he arrives! I'll send you a PM [Smile]
Posts: 172 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Basic Instinct
Member # 12051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Basic Instinct     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Pearl. [Smile] Nice nickname.
Posts: 83 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pearls
Member # 12073

Member Rated:
Thank you all for your welcomes. I look farward to reading all your opinions and feed back. Thanks Blue shies for your private PM you have already been a great help [Smile]
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for henita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome,Pearls!
Posts: 1339 | From: Om Leito | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caterpillar
Member # 10438

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for caterpillar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi pearls
I am like blue skies here in England with my egyptian husband, he has been here for about 10 years but i find him quite traditional. We have some egyptian friends here also, i never knew there were so many where i live until i met him! some are married to english, one couple egyptian, hope you have fun on here [Smile]

Posts: 1017 | From: uk | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pearls
Member # 12073

Member Rated:
Thanks Sashyra88 and Caterpillar for your welcomes.
So Caterpillar, did you met your man here in the UK or did he move here after you met. Its so lovely to know that there are more couples in the UK in the same boat. I think it mite be a little more complicated with visas for us as i am an South Africian living here on a Ancestral visa and only after 2 years will get my British passport. So i cant move to Italy where my boyfriend is as i have to say in the UK for 5 years before i can get my British passport.
I have emailed the Registered immigration Consultant and they have asked me to phone for more information. Who helped you with your papers, if you needed them. Ah feel so helpless as the laws and all that are so different as they are back home. Just quite happy knowing some women in the same situation as me. Thanks for your replys:-)

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
welcome pearl
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com