EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Is this normal ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is this normal ?
thinker700
Member # 12310

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for thinker700     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I met that Romanian girl over the internet .

After one month of correspondance , I travelled and met her .

Now , the problem started from the first meeting , she told me that she planned a trip and suggested to rent a car . I agreed to go on the trip , but I recommended that we go by public transport . Also , I bought her a cellular phone as a present ( not an expensive one ) , she suggested to me that I give that one to her mom , and buy her another one ( more expensive and with more options ). I didn't agree .

She was upset and kept accusing me of being tight and not wanting to spend money , etc .

I was surprised , simply cause I didn't expect to be " obligated " to buy expensive presents on our first meeting !!!!

After few days , we went out together again . But she always wanted to go to expensive restaurants , and I did .
I didn't want to upset her again . She told me that she has some financial problems , and she might need up to 3000 Euro to solve them . And that she expected her boyfriend to help her . Anyway , I gave her 700 Euro , which she told me was for urgent need concerning her rent .
Also , she introduced me to her mom .

Everything went well , but when I came back home , she was supposed to visit me to see my family after she finish her university in September .

Now , after I came back home , she emailed me asking me to send her the money she told me about before . Which is about 3000 Euro ( about 4000 $ ). So , I told her that I can do this AFTER she visits me .

She got angry , and kept accusing me of not being responsible for her , bla bla bla........

She told me that it was normal for me as her boyfriend to support her , and that I'm not trusting her , etc . And she threatened to end the relationship if I didn't help her NOW !!!!!!!

Now , my question for Russian women and people more familiar with Romanian and Eastern European culture.........Is that normal ?

I mean , is it normal for a Romanian girl to ask for a sum like 4000 $ before any official commitment ? I mean before marriage or even engagement ?

She told me that it's normal in her country to take care of my girlfriend even before marriage.

Is she a scammer ? Or do you think that I behaved the wrong way with her ?

Please advise !!!!!!!

Posts: 2 | From: Cairo | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if it's customary in Romania or not (although there are a few Romanians here, so hopefully they will show up and answer your questions).

But if *you* aren't comfortable with it, then don't do it. If she's like this now, she will hassle you for money forever.

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unsure
Member # 12244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for unsure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe you acted appropriately. I feel she is trying to use you. If she threatens to leave you if u don't give her what she wants, say next.
Posts: 319 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Graf_Genn
Member # 11802

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Graf_Genn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is a scam in my opinion. Though, I am a little touchy on these situations.
Posts: 345 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Screw you
Member # 11942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Screw you         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you're right feeling angry, but also i think you were too hasty in being so generous, I wouldn't expect after a month of correspondance to fly to england to meet me.Maybe that's just me, I'm sorry that you were treated like this. Maybe she thinks that you have lots of money and will do anything for her. I don't think it's normal for any woman to ask for $4000 after a month of knowing each other. Unless they're a con artist. Good luck next time, You've learnt an invaluable lesson.

--------------------
Learn from the past.
Live in the present.
Hope for the future.

Posts: 1474 | From: in my own paradise | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Polina
Member # 12234

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Polina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh God,who u met?Girl or some monster?Sorry for this, I didn't want to offend u or her. I'm from Serbia,and that kind of acting is something I hate the most at one girl!What she wants u or ur money?U should ask her that!Abt being supported by boyfriend,belive me it is lie.I don't want to hurt u if u love that girl,but my advice will be to think twice before u make a new step.No matter how pretty she can be,if only ur money is on her mind,better forget abt her!After all,if u give money she asked u,how u'll be sure that u'll ever see her again.I'm a girl too,but things like that, I couldn't do even if my life is in danger.But ppl r not thinking on the same way..Take care and have my best wishes!
Posts: 169 | From: somewhere | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my ex husband also met a woman online from romania. They never met in person but she asked for money constantly which he didnt have. She finally talked him into sending her money that she said would pay for her passport and visa to come visit him here in the states. He has never heard one word from this girl since.
Most likely if you send her any more money you also will not hear from her, she would have gotten what she was after.

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thinker, THINK.
shes after your money. Its NOT normal to be asking a man you just met for money. Talking on the net for a month is nothing at all and does not mean you are her bf and she can ask anything of you like this then say its over if she dont get what she wants. in fact anyone who says its over if you dont supply money DUMP THEM and move on.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Demiana
Member # 2710

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Demiana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you want to get rid of some money you would like to spend on some silly adventure to make time pass by you should grab this with both hands. You will make her very happy with your money. She obviously has other issues in her life then loving you. It is not very considerate to push you acting as if it is a normal thing to do in Romania. Hiding behind culture to get what you want, that is.
Otherwise, just spare yourself the hurt and forget about the investment you already made, it will not 'pay of'. The rule is never money in exchange for love. It is money in exchange for services and what service is she going to give you? And did you 'negotiate' on the delivery?

Posts: 1419 | From: Amsterdam, Netherlands | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karla
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karla         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by thinker700:

Is she a scammer ? Or do you think that I behaved the wrong way with her ?

Please advise !!!!!!!

Yes she is a scam. My advice for you is don't talk with her anymore. All things that she said to you was a big lie. Sorry for you.

Take care yourself!

Posts: 1414 | From: far away | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hibbah
Member # 12156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hibbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
awww, thats so sad. when she told you to buy her a more expensive cell phone, that should of been your signal to run away as fast as possible. amazing. thats not normal- i wouldnt insult someones gift like that even if i knew them for a long time, let alone someone i just met.
Posts: 1967 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Run and don't look back, thinker700!!!
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kata
Member # 10876

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
she's using you big time,,,save yourself and forget about her,,,take care...
Posts: 85 | From: bottom_of_the_barrel | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tami025
Member # 9181

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tami025     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
trust me, if a country displays its own women as mail order brides then yea, shes a golddigger.
Posts: 229 | From: philadelphia, pa, usa | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maxman
Member # 12150

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for maxman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Brother,
This woman stinks to high heaven as a scammer,golddigger,user,etc,do your self a favour,RUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
www.excitingegypt.co.uk

Posts: 998 | From: UK,Egypt,east and central africa..... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com