EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » IF HUSBAND COULDN'T GET A VISA TO COME TO YOUR COUNTRY WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: IF HUSBAND COULDN'T GET A VISA TO COME TO YOUR COUNTRY WHAT WOULD YOU DO?
unsure
Member # 12244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for unsure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I asked my girlfriend what would she do if her husband couldn't come to the states and she replied "I don't know?" What would you do in this situation?
Posts: 319 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love shouldn't be a zip code. Go live with him somewhere else.

I say all this, but it would feel weird to be married to someone whom I've never really lived with. I don't know if I personally would feel as much love toward someone in those circumstances. I don't know. If I didn't....I might very well choose to stay put.

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithalwaysn4ever
Member # 11860

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for faithalwaysn4ever     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry cant offer advice... as it was always an understood that he would *NEVER* live in the states.... No way No How... never never never. lol.
We looked into other places the most appealing was New Zealand, but in the end we both agreed that Egy was best, family reasons and such.

I guess you have to start as two simnple questions.... if he *cant* go to the states... is she willing to go elsewhere? Either Egy (I am assuming this is where he is) or another country?

Good luck!

Posts: 120 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anthropos
Member # 9410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all

My husband just recieved his YES today about visa to my country and it was a HUGE relief!

I had declared to all my family and friends that if he didn't get it I would be leaving very soon, even moving to Cairo, much to their displeasure.

If you really have a good connection and love each other then you find some way - sacrifice comfort and money and all...

The other option is getting a divorce ---- you can't be married if you don't live together. What kind of life would that be?

Posts: 2184 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ky_sunshine
Member # 11226

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ky_sunshine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! How long did it take to get it?

I say if he did not get his I would move to Egypt.

--------------------
Often Times the Greatest statements are made in silence...listen with your Heart.

Posts: 334 | From: kentucky | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreignluvr
Member # 5854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreignluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by unsure:
I asked my girlfriend what would she do if her husband couldn't come to the states and she replied "I don't know?" What would you do in this situation?

She probably said "I don't know" as she is thinking he will eventually get to the US. However, you being her friend, make sure she really starts thinking about what she will do if for some reason he is denied and can't come.

Thank God I am not married in this situation but if I were & I truely loved my husband I would move to wherever he is or both of us to a new country. Sacrifices on BOTH sides should & will have to happen.
Hopefully your friends husband will get his visa to the US so she won't have to make that decision of whether or not to leave the states since it seems she doesn't really want to.

Posts: 895 | From: Atlanta, GA. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do people get turned down? All I ever read here is that getting a visa takes forever....
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
get-over-it
Member # 8447

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for get-over-it     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tream Lefty:
Do people get turned down? All I ever read here is that getting a visa takes forever....

People can get turned down for the UK, I've heard several stories of visas being refused and then granted on appeal, or refused again... So this thought was always at the back of our mind too when we applied nearly a year ago.

If it had happened to us then I'd have moved out there like a shot. Why should he be the only one prepared to sacrifice everything? If he's prepared to live in my country, I should also be prepared to live in his. It shouldn't matter where you are, as long as you are together. I suppose if I had children in school it might be slightly different maybe, as they would be my priority and I wouldn't want to uproot them. But as a single person with no direct ties, I would have gone there in a heartbeat if the visa had been denied. [Smile]

Posts: 172 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Anthropos:
Hi all

My husband just recieved his YES today about visa to my country and it was a HUGE relief!

I had declared to all my family and friends that if he didn't get it I would be leaving very soon, even moving to Cairo, much to their displeasure.

If you really have a good connection and love each other then you find some way - sacrifice comfort and money and all...

The other option is getting a divorce ---- you can't be married if you don't live together. What kind of life would that be?

Wow, Anthropos got married! Congratulations to the both of you and all the best for the future! [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by unsure:

You`d better ask her why she doesn`t know...
Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a difficult question indeed, unsure.

Surely not every person is able to live in a third world country and many people don't even want to think about it.

For myself, it was fun to live in Egypt for a while but I could not imagine to live there for the rest of my life.

I believe one major concern you should have as priority: If your lifestyle would decrease in Egypt - don't move. Many women move to Egypt fully in excitement, give up good-paying jobs and move to their boyfriends/husband to Egypt and then later on realize it wasn't a great decision after all for various reasons. And they want their old (=better) life back. If you have a steady job in the US, medical care, an retirement plan etc..... it's worth gold.

And usually the decision of a couple is to have children and if you are both not financial stable to afford a good school education for them in Egypt (forget about public schools there) - what you are going to do?

And don't forget all your friends and family is back in your homecountry. Did you ever experience homesickness?

Netherless if your husband would be allowed into the States he would be able to make a decent living at one point by working in the US - but would it be the same in Egypt? Salaries and wages are so low, even if you work hard, it doesn't get recognized.

Unsure, I don't know if you are in a relationship with an Egyptian man or if you are already married to someone, but prepare everything well together for him to apply successfully for a visa to the US. I am sure others on this forum can give you useful tips on how to avoid pitfalls. And always think positive. Good luck! [Smile]

Love is not enough to make a relationship work....

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If he couldn't get a visa, I would sell my house and move to Egypt and spend all my money on a nice big villa in Hurghada where we could live happily ever after!!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mortimer
Member # 12475

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mortimer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband has his interview at the Embassy shortly. If he is turned down we will appeal, human rights etc but if not successfull after appeal then I will move out to Egypt to be with him. We got married because we want to be together. We don't want a part time marriage where we only see each other a few times a year. So fingers crossed all goes well. We should know one way or the other before Christmas.
Posts: 120 | From: uk | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crazypolly
Member # 12074

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for crazypolly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Goodluck Mortimer fingers crossed [Smile] to answer your question unsure I agree with the others if I had no ties i.e children ( you would need to consider them first)I would go to Eygpt or anyhere for that matter as long as your together location doesn't matter.
Posts: 39 | From: scotland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tream Lefty:

If they get turned down enough times and one of the couple gives up I am sure that an ESer wouldn't post that conclusion here.

I consider it a pride thing that female ESers in this situation stop posting at that point.

but it shouldn't be a criteria of their worthiness. Bureaucrats have to say no and its more of a reflection on the foreign husband than the resident wife.

Which may be why so many foreign wives are approved over foreign husbands.

Yet the newish criteria of the resident/citizen spouse for income requirements seems to be in a resident/citizen favor if that person is male. Males earn more and often alimony (in the case of a fiancee visa) or child support isn't considered worthy income in regards to a visa petition.

What I don't understand is when the visa petition is not approved due to income requirements of the resident/citizen spouse or fiancee (most typically female) why don't the resident/citizen spouse or fiancee file as a secondary sponsor and have someone with a more adaquate income file as the primary.

It appears to me that if a resident/citizen spouse or fiancee doesn't have the courage to ask someone to be a primary sponsor that means that resident/citizen spouse or fiancee doesn't have the backing of their friends and family to pursue the relationship.

And by moving to Egypt or where ever the foreign husband or fiancee resides is revenge on the family or friends who refused to support the relationship in the first place.

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for soozi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to ukvisas.co.uk (I can't lay my hands on the exact page at the moment) only about 5 or 6% actually get refused!

Obviously thats only for the UK, I can't comment about other countries.

Posts: 836 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by soozi:
According to ukvisas.co.uk (I can't lay my hands on the exact page at the moment) only about 5 or 6% actually get refused!

Obviously thats only for the UK, I can't comment about other countries.

In the USA the % is much higher due to extra strict Home Land Security laws.
Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for soozi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I must admit I was suprised at how low it is for the UK. Also I forgot to mention that the figure I quoted was only for Egyptian applications.

Other applicants vary considerably!

Posts: 836 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by soozi:
I must admit I was suprised at how low it is for the UK. Also I forgot to mention that the figure I quoted was only for Egyptian applications.

Other applicants vary considerably!

Egypt is a former colony so they must accept as many as possible.

Like how the US can't easily say no to Guam, Peurta Rico and other annexed or former colonies.

I think its international law.

sunburnt
Member # 4986

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunburnt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a male gay friend here in Cairo who has a
"friend" who has just been granted a 2 year visa to Australia on the "gay" ticket. He will be helped to find accomodation, job and given English lessons when he arrives, seems it was no problem for him to get the visa either

Posts: 167 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mortimer
Member # 12475

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for mortimer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We got the visa today, so my husband should be with me soon. I am so happy and I hope that those who are still waiting get good news soon. [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]
Posts: 120 | From: uk | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unsure
Member # 12244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for unsure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
congratulations mortimer
Posts: 319 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Sharm
Member # 12405

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miss Sharm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mortimer - Congratulations and I am sure that you feel as though Chrismas has come early for you. Best wishes for your happy future together.

Amanda x x

Posts: 1244 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Josette
Member # 12613

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Josette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no problem living wherever he lives(until I find out what the hell went wrong with his visa application and fix it [Big Grin] )So yes I can live wherever he lives.
Posts: 833 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Khadija_Diagne
Member # 10149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Khadija_Diagne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would live in Egypt over the states any day! If my husband does not get the visa, the we all will live in Egypt. The only problem would be working, he does not want me to work in Egypt, but i know that it is so hard on him, so I hope to keep my business in the states, and use this to help us, if we have to live in Egypt.
Posts: 478 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kimbaha
Member # 12368

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimbaha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would have moved to Egypt if my husband had not got his visa gladly would move tomorrow but he loves it here in the Uk so i will have to wait until he gets fed up (hope its sooooon!!!!).. ahahahha
Posts: 16 | From: england and egypt | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com