EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » waiting till the last minute...egyptian trait???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: waiting till the last minute...egyptian trait???
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok so we've established that Egyptians don't pay much attention to the clock.

How about the calendar???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Let's just say 'someone' has waited until the very very last freakin' minute to get certain paperwork together so that he can get married and is cutting it to the point of getting it two days before the freakin' wedding. [Mad] [Mad]

Is this normal for over there? I mean I'm like anal annie here and have things done months in advance just 'cause that's how I operate. When people wait till the last minute for important things it makes me want to scream...so this is my virtual scream.............aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Screw you
Member # 11942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Screw you         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yep sounds about right

--------------------
Learn from the past.
Live in the present.
Hope for the future.

Posts: 1474 | From: in my own paradise | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
deep healing breaths

deep healing breaths

deep healing breaths

Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ahly
Member # 12512

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ahly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Smile] [Smile] hey take it easy we egyptian take us 20 years to build one pyrmids so what if we wait for few days [Smile] take it easy most important he make it happen at the end : [Smile]
Posts: 233 | From: Cairo | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Procrastinators aren't bad people. [Wink]

Sometimes people need to be up against that deadline to get moving. It'll be OK....

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ahly
Member # 12512

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ahly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Procrastinators" wow that is difficault word for me what that means? i can look it up but that will take me few years, hey i am egyptian [Smile] [Smile]
and yes i agree he should do that... but you need to teach him that [Smile]

Posts: 233 | From: Cairo | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

It all wasn't his fault so I can't blame him for everything but he could use a little pepper in his behind to speed things up.

When he first got his birth certificate it said he was a woman. [Roll Eyes] That was two weeks ago. Now he says it will take them until Sunday to get it printed....with him being a male finally. The marriage is taking place on Wednesday insha Allah. To me that is soooo cutting it close!!!

I have my tax returns filled out and rebate in hand by mid-February each year.

al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My former spouse King Kong had the INS paperwork ready weeks in advance.

I couldn't get over how bizarre it felt to have paperwork ready 3 weeks before a interview.

My last night of class was last wednesday and I still have 3 papers to turn in.

Anything work related King Kong is ahead of time, one reason why he keeps on getting promoted.

Taxes, done by March 15th at the latest. Our daughter's paperwork to start at her foreign language private school, 4 months in advance, the tuition paid up 2 months in advance.

He's early for everything but the bills.

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for henita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ahly:
"Procrastinators" wow that is difficault word for me what that means? i can look it up but that will take me few years, hey i am egyptian [Smile] [Smile]

[Cool]

pro·cras·ti·nate (pr-krst-nt, pr-)
v. pro·cras·ti·nat·ed, pro·cras·ti·nat·ing, pro·cras·ti·nates
v.intr.
To put off doing something, especially out of habitual carelessness or laziness.
v.tr.
To postpone or delay needlessly.

Posts: 1339 | From: Om Leito | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sashyra88:
quote:

[Cool]

v.intr.
To put off doing something, especially out of habitual carelessness or laziness.
v.tr.

I was eventually going to answer, Sashyra, but thank you. [Wink]
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In general it`s normal. There are exceptional examples, but they`re rare:) More often it is mumkin bokra incha-allah.

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is certainly not just an Egyptian trait. Ask any UK accountant how many tax returns they are trying to file right now and you won't get a polite answer. Our tax year end in the UK is 5th April and returns have to be filed by 31 January. Even after 9 months people can't get their papers in order. I hate this time of year and it ruins Christmas just because basically many many people are just plain lazy.

Hope the wedding goes well.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Penny:
This is certainly not just an Egyptian trait. Ask any UK accountant how many tax returns they are trying to file right now and you won't get a polite answer. Our tax year end in the UK is 5th April and returns have to be filed by 31 January. Even after 9 months people can't get their papers in order. I hate this time of year and it ruins Christmas just because basically many many people are just plain lazy.

I love going downtown with a nice tall cup of Java and watch the nutbag burbanites line up for 15 blocks after work on April 15th to get their tax return forms stamped by the downtown post office. They are there for several hours cars iddling in line.

Last year a woman was handing out chocolates with a coupon for a e-tax service which promised to have your taxes done by April 5th.

Oh the morons who breeze through downtown make me feel so smart on competent.

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ahly
Member # 12512

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

[Cool]

v.intr.
v.tr.

thanks a lot for the explination, wow it was easy one sure i know [Wink] [Smile]
ahly
Member # 12512

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Tream Lefty:
quote:
quote:

[Cool]

v.intr.
v.tr.

I was eventually going to answer, Sashyra, but thank you. [Wink]
thanks for explaing, it is easy Thank you [Cool]
doodlebug
Member # 11649

quote:
Originally posted by Princess_Leia:
quote:

I love going downtown with a nice tall cup of Java and watch the nutbag burbanites line up for 15 blocks after work on April 15th to get their tax return forms stamped by the downtown post office. They are there for several hours cars iddling in line.

Last year a woman was handing out chocolates with a coupon for a e-tax service which promised to have your taxes done by April 5th.

I wouldn't necessarily call them nutbags. Each case is different. If I owed $10k in taxes you'd bet your bippey that I'd be in that line too since the US won't get my money one second before they are due.
foreignluvr
Member # 5854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreignluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When will you leave for Egypt Doodlebug??
Just tell your fiance to make sure he has everything he needs before you arrive. Marriage is a big event. But he won't need anything other than his birth certificate, right?? Correct me if I am wrong. But you are the one that will need all the paperwork and I know you have everything YOU need.
I think all will work out well. How long will you stay in Egypt?
BTW, have a wonderful trip!!

--------------------
"And in the end, the love we take will be equal to the love we make."
~The Beatles~

Posts: 895 | From: Atlanta, GA. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

He doesn't need his birth certificate, he needs his id and since he lost that he needed the bc to get the id. Anyways it's all gettin' done so it's all good. [Smile] I need my divorce certificate certified by the dept of state which is all set along with my passport I think. He's going tomorrow to find out excactly what we need.

I leave Monday night after all the Christmas fun and come back home Jan 5. We're both getting so excited. Apparently he has about 20 + people who want to be there so that should be interesting. lol. Funny story is that I found out that a woman who works at my company on the floor below me is actually going the same time I am with her sister so we're going to hook up for Eid insha Allah and for a few tours as well when he has to go to work for a few hours one day. Thanks for the good wishes!

3okba
Member # 12623

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 3okba   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
10000000 Mabrok = Congratulations for the wedding
Posts: 117 | From: Egypt-Cairo | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

quote:
Originally posted by 3okba:
10000000 Mabrok = Congratulations for the wedding

thanks!!! Our wedding is in about 3 1/2 days now. [Smile]
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by doodlebug:
quote:
quote:

I wouldn't necessarily call them nutbags. Each case is different. If I owed $10k in taxes you'd bet your bippey that I'd be in that line too since the US won't get my money one second before they are due.
doodlebug, if you have a job you pay your taxes from each paycheck.

If you own a business you must pay each quarter the necessary taxes.

In Egypt you must pay property tax every few years.

In the USA if you have a home you pay property tax as part of your mortage.

Filing your tax return is due April 15th. Thats a must, but you can make arrangements prior to pay what you owe beyound what you have paid through your paycheck of quartly if you own a business.

The line I was refering to is mailing your tax returns, not payment.

Since you are divorced when was the last time you had filed a tax return on your own?

doodlebug
Member # 11649

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

doodlebug, if you have a job you pay your taxes from each paycheck.

Filing your tax return is due April 15th. Thats a must, but you can make arrangements prior to pay what you owe beyound what you have paid through your paycheck of quartly if you own a business.

Since you are divorced when was the last time you had filed a tax return on your own?

honey I'm a cpa...don't need a lecture on the whole "how to file your taxes" thing...k?

None of your business but I've been filing my taxes since I was old enough to work. NOt like my husband ever did it since I'm the cpa. Been divorced for 9 years now...what the fk has that got to do with anything? PLease don't talk about things you know zip about, k?

al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by doodlebug:
[qb] [QUOTE]Originally posted by Princess_Leia:
[qb] doodlebug, if you have a job you pay your taxes from each paycheck.

honey I'm a cpa...don't need a lecture on the whole "how to file your taxes" thing...k?

None of your business but I've been filing my taxes since I was old enough to work. NOt like my husband ever did it since I'm the cpa. Been divorced for 9 years now...what the fk has that got to do with anything? PLease don't talk about things you know zip about, k?

You are a CPA?

I thought you worked at a university, a med school department? I am having trouble now finding the thread in which you stated your profession. Possibly the thread was deleted. You were commending sheba76 for the courage to start medical school and then stated your profession. I'll have to find the thread at home.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

I can just picture Sono's computer room now. Bells whisteling, lights flashing, etc. rofl.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com