EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » question for the board

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: question for the board
beachlover
Member # 12439

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beachlover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have met a friend online from Egypt that I am very fond of and would like to help get out of Egypt so he can make a life for himself in the USA.

He tells me to visit the USA or any other country, the Egyptian government requires him to have a bank account holding a lot of money, equivalent to several thousand US dollars, so they don't freeload when they arrive. He also says this is the way Egypt keeps it's people trapped so they cannot leave.

Is this accurate? Anyone? Thanks in advance for your replies.

Posts: 15 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes i know friends in Egypt who tried and they said they needed something like 20,000 to have in the bank and they need a sponsor also. an American needs to sponsor them. hope this helps
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does Egypt really try to keep its citizens there? [Confused]

I thought all the hassle was the U.S. not letting people in.

Whatever's up, please don't give him any money.

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes it's the United States requiring it of him, unless he's trying to get money out of you.
Be careful.

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beachlover
Member # 12439

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beachlover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the fast replies.

I'm not giving him any money. I just wanted to make sure he is being truthful.

He told me it is an Egyptian requirement. He wants to go to the Netherlands and has the same problem. He believes Egyptians would leave in a hurry if they were able to. They love their country but the unemployment is supposedly at 30% and probably closer to 50%. There is no hope of a future there. My friend has a college education and has to tutor a few students just to stay alive. It's a very sad situation to say the least.

Posts: 15 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pharoh AFO
Member # 12722

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pharoh AFO     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually he is saying the truth acout the bank account and most of the people borrow money from someone and then go to the interview and have a statement with the amount of money and then when accepted they return it and that might be a problem if he dosent have someone to lend such amount .

But as Tream Lefty said dont give em money at all.

WHY THE RISK

--------------------
Noor Afifi

Posts: 19 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Âutomatic For The People
Member # 12634

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Âutomatic For The People     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by beachlover:
I have met a friend online from Egypt that I am very fond of and would like to help get out of Egypt so he can make a life for himself in the USA.

He tells me to visit the USA or any other country, the Egyptian government requires him to have a bank account holding a lot of money, equivalent to several thousand US dollars, so they don't freeload when they arrive. He also says this is the way Egypt keeps it's people trapped so they cannot leave.

Yes that's all ture.
Posts: 465 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The so-called "online" friends are in fact total abstract figures where you don`t know anything about. If you know about living in the Egyptian culture then you will know that are a lot of young futureless men trying to get out of the country by several ways, and for several reasons.
I just came back from Egypt and I met one honoust guy who told me about it. Most young men try to get a relationship with an EU or USA woman, marry, and devorce after the time that`d needed to get all papers right, he said. Then they come back and marry an Egyptian wife.
A relationship is the only possibility for them, and even that is difficult!
Money on the bank is not the only requirement, there are more.Many Western women who get involved in such a relationship just are being used for their goal. Some even want to marry when the men pay a large amount!
You can feel sorry for him and help him. But you have to realize that there always is at least one person who is going to get abused for that man`s goals...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
habedu
Member # 7025

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for habedu   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think that Egypt is so futureless for the guys ,, it's just matter of how hard it is ,just that many guys herein Egypt wants to gain money but by the esiest way ,lots of my friends was able to do business here , but they just wanna become reach withoutany effort ,, all the differece between here and in usa , or in europ is that the standerd of living here is some how low ,, I mean to work in a place , you 'll not be able to get much money ,, but you still can work harder to get more money ,,
me my self , I don't wanna go out , because I 'm trying to proof my self here ,, and I suceeded , elhamdolelah - and this was without any help ..I opened my own office.. now -elhamdolelh- I have to companies --
yes in the 1st 2 years I was working 16 hours a day ,, but now elhamdolelah I 'm resting , cuz I have about 20 persons working for me ,,
, what I wanned to say , is that ,, ppl here in egypt are so nonoptemistic about thier future so they don't even think about trying to work [Smile]
that was my own openion and my own experience..
and note;;;;;; I'm not talking about all Egyptions (( no generalization )) cuz there are many egyptions that have been able to do more than I did , and they are more successfull ..

--------------------
http://www.hi5.com/friend/profile/displayGallery.do?userid=32138333&artistType=

Posts: 159 | From: cairo | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You`re right, Habedu, when you work hard and take the chances that everybody gets in their lives, we all get our own opportunity`s.
Living like a parasite doesn`t bring any personal satisfaction, reasons to be proud of yourself... And in all country`s there are parasites who want to get the money in easy ways...
About the common fatalastic way to think, pretending that it`s all incha-allah, maybe that`s also something what parents should be keep an eye on it; motivating young adults, show them ways to make money in honesty. But if the family is parasiting themselves, on one relative that has to make money for all, and there are only bad examples around, who should teach them how to act???
Think that`s often happening...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
habedu
Member # 7025

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for habedu   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well ,, I would thank my father for this ,, he tought me to work to get money for trips and vacations with my friends , that was since I was 14 years old ,,I used to go to hurgada and work thier in some shops as a seler , to get money (( although my father had enough money to give to me)) , sure I wasn't happy with this in the beginning and I felt like oooooooooooh my dad likes the money more than his own sons and doughters ,, bt now I'm proud of him and my self ..
thanks

--------------------

Posts: 159 | From: cairo | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
habedu
Member # 7025

Member Rated:
about the ppl here ,, I don't know why does they think that every thing will be easier abroad , and they will get as much money as they wanna .. although working abroad need much more effort than they can do here ,, for example , they must learn language of the country ,, they must learn about the rules and the standerds they will work within .., etc
I think if they just think about doing the same effore they will do anywhere else they will succeed in thier own home town..

--------------------

ahly
Member # 12512

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ahly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by beachlover:

The Egyptian government not require any thing and do not have nothing to do with his leaving the country, all what the Egyptian government issue for him the passport and that coast him around 50 to 100 pond " 15 Dollars" and he get his passport within 48 hours.

The host country "USA or European" required some grantee such as

1. bank account
2. Credit cards
3. Where he will stay in the host country? Full address with zip code
4. Medical insurance cover out side Egypt and that coast 900 pound for one year coverage
5. And the most important what is the purpose of the visit?

The bottom line they tray to make sure "the host country" he will come back and he will not going their to stay and never come back to Egypt.

I was traveling since I was student tell last year and I was never stopped or even asked by the Egypt Government at any time. They do not care, for them as much as people go out side Egypt less unemployment they have to handle.
That my honest answer. wish you all the luck

Posts: 233 | From: Cairo | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there isn't a specific amount of money you should have in the bank. simply, it's one way to prove to the country where you're trying to get a visa to that you are self-sufficient. the other BIG requirement is to prove that you are returning back to egypt and will not overstay/immigrate on a tourist visa. usually these ties are in the form of family, property owned, long-term job, still in college, etc.

borrowing money and placing it in your bank account does NOT work. the embassies aren't stupid and ask for more than 1 month's bank statement. if a large amount of money has been suddenly transfered into an otherwise low-balance account, they can put 2 and 2 together.

egyptian govt only cares if you've completed your military duty before approving your travel anywhere outside of Egypt.

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ahly
Member # 12512

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ahly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ?????:
The so-called "online" friends are in fact total abstract figures where you don`t know anything about. If you know about living in the Egyptian culture then you will know that are a lot of young futureless men trying to get out of the country by several ways, and for several reasons.
I just came back from Egypt and I met one honoust guy who told me about it. Most young men try to get a relationship with an EU or USA woman, marry, and devorce after the time that`d needed to get all papers right, he said. Then they come back and marry an Egyptian wife.
A relationship is the only possibility for them, and even that is difficult!
Money on the bank is not the only requirement, there are more.Many Western women who get involved in such a relationship just are being used for their goal. Some even want to marry when the men pay a large amount!
You can feel sorry for him and help him. But you have to realize that there always is at least one person who is going to get abused for that man`s goals...

i agree 100% and please
ladies real egyptian men never ever can accept any ladies to pay for him or even give him money, or even when they go out for coffee? and she pay her tab no that will be insulting for him. if he is real egyptian man not hunter for some money..

Posts: 233 | From: Cairo | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Sharm
Member # 12405

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miss Sharm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ahly:
ladies real egyptian men never ever can accept any ladies to pay for him or even give him money, or even when they go out for coffee? and she pay her tab no that will be insulting for him. if he is real egyptian man not hunter for some money..

Ahly - I totally agree with you comment. Previously I had been in a relationship with an egyptian guy who let me pay for everything when I visited him and it wasn't until I sought opinion form here that I realised I had been taken for a complete fool and the biggest ride of my life!
Anyway, I learnt a hard lesson. I have just been back to Egypt to spend new year there with someone very special that suported me through my hard time this year and I was not allowed to pay for anything whilst I was there, I was treated like a princess and nothing was too much trouble to make my stay as safe and comfortable as possible. So there are some good Egyptian guys out there, unfortunately they are few and far but when you find one you feel as though you have won the jackpot [Smile]

Posts: 1244 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ahly
Member # 12512

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by habedu:
about the ppl here ,, I don't know why does they think that every thing will be easier abroad , and they will get as much money as they wanna .. although working abroad need much more effort than they can do here ,, for example , they must learn language of the country ,, they must learn about the rules and the standerds they will work within .., etc
I think if they just think about doing the same effore they will do anywhere else they will succeed in thier own home town..

I agree with all of what you said? And the problem they like the easy way out, he get a lady from USA or Europe travel their and she take care of him because she has the EURO that equal almost 8 pound and Dollars that Equal 6 pound so just to give him 500 dollars he will be so good. But he never knows what the coast of leaving in Europe or USA…and what he need to do just to have decent life. It required a lot as you said.
Easy way out no more, some of them really was bright picture for Egypt and the Egyptian for their success.
Unemployment every where? In EU it is 7.8% last statistic wow that big number of people has no work. My respect to your dad, he did great.

ahly
Member # 12512

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Sharm:
quote:
Originally posted by ahly:

Ahly - I totally agree with you comment. Previously I had been in a relationship with an egyptian guy who let me pay for everything when I visited him and it wasn't until I sought opinion form here that I realised I had been taken for a complete fool and the biggest ride of my life!
Anyway, I learnt a hard lesson. I have just been back to Egypt to spend new year there with someone very special that suported me through my hard time this year and I was not allowed to pay for anything whilst I was there, I was treated like a princess and nothing was too much trouble to make my stay as safe and comfortable as possible. So there are some good Egyptian guys out there, unfortunately they are few and far but when you find one you feel as though you have won the jackpot [Smile]

[Smile] First of all welcome back and I am happy you had great time with real Egyptian man not the one hang around the red sea resort…

But I disagree with you; they are lot Egyptian man as your friend and as all of us… I know very poor men and they never allowed any lady to pay… it is in our blood…. And that is the majority of us the rest are the bad apples but they are good hunter and get catch always the white fish always. [Confused]
The questions can be? Why they always manage to catch them? And why the white fish always believe them and can not see the light of the truth not the darkness of lies?
[Smile]

beachlover
Member # 12439

Member Rated:
Well Ahly, the answer is simple. Desperate people do desperate things. That goes for the deceiver and the one being deceived.

I have no intention of giving any Egyptian man, or any man for that matter, my hard earned money. However I do care a great deal about my friend and I will support him in any other way possible.

Thanks everyone for your input. Much appreciated.

akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In this thread I put down how we got a holiday visa for my husband. http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=001527 The Egyptian governement had nothing to do with it and there were no requirements from them.

What is required to get a visa is that the host country should be convinced you have such a good life in Egypt that you will come back. Having money in a bank account is one way of demonstrating this. However it can back fire as I know one man who was turned down because the money in his bank accoutn didin't match his job as a taxi driver. The embassy said he had too much money and they didn't beleive it was his.

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
I think we must relativate the meaning of "desperate". Life offers all young people more then it has offered their parents but outside world isn`t that hided anymore. Thirty years ago there was no internet, there were no satellite-receivers and there were no mobile phones. If somebody wanted to get out of the country it was easy to do, but uncertain what to expect. Because people simple didn`t know anything about living in another culture!
Now they know, and they are not happy with a futurious life in Egypt. Cause what does it gets them? What the parents want them to get...
It`s kind of the generation-clashes we had in the 60`s.
The main difference is: The Western culture right now is how we made it ourselves! We didn`t have to deceive and lie for it. We didn`t have to abuse for it. We have worked and fighted for it, and what we got is the result of our own efforts.
The bad ones where we`re talking about don`t want to make this efforts. They want it the easy way; by getting it from somebody else, who has worked for it like they should do!!!
And that`s the main difference, the good against the bad. If somebody wants another life, he has to work for it. If he gets help; good! Be gratefull and USE of the chances you get. But don`t make ABUSE...

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com