EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Worst pick-up up line you've ever heard.....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Worst pick-up up line you've ever heard.....
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are single (or at least you look like you are [Wink] ) and out for the night, enjoying yourself and suddenly you get approached by a male or female who tries to hit on you.

What was the worst pick-up line you've ever heard?
And how did you react on it?

[Big Grin]

Top 10 worst pick-up lines

By Rosalind Cummings-Yeates

Devastatingly beautiful dates, sumptuous excursions and scintillating conversations are all benefits of the single life but contrary to popular belief, there is a downside to being relationship-free: The torture of being subjected to stale, decades-old, pick-up lines is penance for all that fun. In a survey taken across a range of age groups, geographical borders and lifestyles, we have compiled the top 10 worst pick-up lines that have sullied the ears of singles everywhere:

1. "What's your sign?"
The epitome of cheese, this line, which has been around since the Beatles came to America, ranks as the very worst line in dating history. The fact that it's still in use says a lot about the decay of our society's standards and the glaring desperation of some singles.

2. "Pardon me, I seem to have lost my phone number, can I borrow yours?"
Maybe this was funny around 1910 or 1915 — back when the telephone was a novel appliance. It does not inspire smiles now, only scared and doomed looks.

3. "You must be a broom because you're sweeping me off my feet."
Maybe your dad used this one on your mom and for nostalgia's sake, you're bringing it out again. Nostalgia does not get you dates, only pity. "I actually had a guy say this to me during happy hour," says Kim, a vivacious flight attendant who gets her share of pick-up lines. "I didn't hold it against him because I don't know how much he'd had to drink and he was cute. But if he hadn't been cute, I would have dodged him."

4. "Do you have a license? Because you're driving me crazy."
Caution! Watching too many stupid teen movies impairs your judgement. This probably sounded clever to the person who swiped it from an Annette and Frankie beach party flick.

5. "I gotta thirst and baby, you look like my Gatorade."
Generally, comparing potential dates to food or drinks is not a winning move. "I had a guy use this one on me and I rolled my eyes and walked way," says Susan, a marketing representative who doesn't usually go for lines. "But a couple of weeks later, I saw this hot guy at the gym and I used that same line and it worked! I guess there are gender preferences when it comes to lines. He was really flattered, where I was insulted when it was used on me."

6. "Are you lost? Because heaven's a long way from here."
Maybe angels like this one, real women don't.

7. "Are you religious? Because you're the answer to all my prayers."
Prayer is something that anyone who uses this tacky line desperately needs.

8. "Can I take your picture? I want Santa to know exactly what I want for Christmas."
This line is popular with both men and women who think references to Santa are cute and charming, which are qualities that they never possess personally.

9. "Do you believe in love at first sight or should I walk by again?"
"A stunning woman I had been staring at used this on me," says Mark, a tawny-haired, gregarious copywriter. "I know it's an old one but it took guts to say it. I'm afraid I happily fell for it."

10. "Well, here I am. What are your other two wishes?"
A personal favorite, this one takes a certain amount of arrogance, as well as delusion, to pull off.

http://msn.match.com/msn/article.aspx?articleid=1497&TrackingID=516311&BannerID=544657

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Screw you
Member # 11942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Screw you         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
get your coat you've pulled!!!

how do you like your eggs?

do you come here often?

if i said you had a beautiful body would you hold it against me

your eyes are like spanners, they tighen my nuts!!

all have been met with the suitable answer endng in OFF!!!

--------------------
Learn from the past.
Live in the present.
Hope for the future.

Posts: 1474 | From: in my own paradise | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Am I bovvered(WOTEVER):

how do you like your eggs?

Oh my, I didn't even have breakfast yet! GULPPP! [Eek!]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Sharm
Member # 12405

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miss Sharm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Worst chat up lines I have ever heard......?
I can't comment on one's that have been used on me as I don't seem to get chatted up these days [Frown]

Recently I was reading a magazine and in it there was an article titled "pick of the toyboys" - which country's have the hottest blokes?

The article was about how some women go on holiday and have a fling (not all of us go on holiday with the intention of doing that). It focuses on the men of Turkey, Egypt (what a surprise) and Britain. In the article it mentions the best chat up lines that these men use. So here goes:

EGYPT
Do your legs hurt from running through my dreams all night?
Hi, I am Mr Right. Someone said you were looking for me.
Are we near the airport or is that just my heart taking off?

TURKEY
Is it hot in here or is it you?
Can I have directions? - To where? - To your heart.
Let me show you the way to heaven.
If I could re-arrange the alphabet, I'd put u and I together.

BRITAIN
That outfit would look great in a crumpled heap on my bedroom floor.
Get your crash helmet - we're shaking the headboard.

Would anyone really fall for such chat? [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 1244 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OneLoveOnePeople
Member # 9667

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for OneLoveOnePeople     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ive heard...." did it hurt"? "did what hurt"? "when yu fell from heaven".. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 100 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i love you
Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Sharm:

If I could re-arrange the alphabet, I'd put u and I together.

So a man walks up to a woman and says, "Baby, if i were to rewrite the alphabet, i would put U and I together."
The woman then shoots back, "YEAH?! well if I were to rewrite the alphabet i would put F and U together! GET MY POINT?!"

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com