EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Your favourite love movie of all times......

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Your favourite love movie of all times......
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which movie you have seen a thousand times and it still lightens up your heart over and over again? You might even dreamt about to be one of the main characters.

Please tell me which film brings out the romantic in you.

Would be great if you could quote a really cheesy line from the movie.

Replies from women AND MEN are welcomed. And don't forget - 14 February is Valentin's Day.

Thanks. [Smile]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
9 1/2 weeks without Mickey Rouke.
Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
some where in time with Christopher reeves and jane seymour
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey micky i got the music to that im send it if you like ...
Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ghost

and for the AFI's top 100 love stories:

http://www.afi.com/tvevents/100years/passions.aspx

Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by micky azzam:
plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

SENT IT TO YOU ,,lovely piece ...
im fortunate that i can play the piano and this is a favoroite of mine when the sun is shining and my french door is open i sit and play not so good as him ,,hubby loves this sits in his chair and listens .lol lol ...keep asking little girl to learn we shall wait and see its so good therapy ..try it sumtime ..id love to play violin now thats a thought .. [Smile]

Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sense and Sensibility [Smile]
Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
i do play the piano i learned when i was 6 for 10 yrs. thanks for the music i love it and he is some eye candy too thanks chimops
Screw you
Member # 11942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Screw you         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gone with the wind - frankly my dear I don't give a damn!!!

and Sleeping with the enemy dont know if it's really a love story but she finds a normal man and starts to live again. favourite line has to be, come quick I've just killed an intruder!!!

--------------------
Learn from the past.
Live in the present.
Hope for the future.

Posts: 1474 | From: in my own paradise | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trababe
Member # 11777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for trababe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
same here laura mine is ghost no matter how many times i watch it i always end up crying especially at the end when she realises she can hear him and she looks up and sees him thats it i am in floods
Posts: 477 | From: lancashire england | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for henita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Ghost"
Posts: 1339 | From: Om Leito | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Polina
Member # 12234

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Polina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gone with the wind!I think it is love movie for all the times!
Posts: 169 | From: somewhere | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definitely "The English Patient" starring Ralph Fiennes and Kristin Scott-Thomas:

"My darling. I'm waiting for you. How long is the day in the dark? Or a week? The fire is gone, and I'm horribly cold. I really should drag myself outside but then there'd be the sun. I'm afraid I waste the light on the paintings, not writing these words. We die. We die rich with lovers and tribes, tastes we have swallowed, bodies we've entered and swum up like rivers. Fears we've hidden in - like this wretched cave. I want all this marked on my body. Where the real countries are. Not boundaries drawn on mapswith the names of powerful men. I know you'll come carry me out to the Palace of Winds. That's what I've wanted: to walk in such a place with you. With friends, on an earth without maps. The lamp has gone out and I'm writing in the darkness." (Katherine Clifton).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116209/

And also "The Thorn Birds" (1983) starring Richard Chamberlain and Rachel Ward:

(Ralph de Bricassart:[telling the legend of the thorn bird to Meggie] "There is a legend about a bird which sings just once in its life, more sweetly than any other creature on the face of the earth. From the moment it leaves the nest it searches for a thorn tree, and does not rest until it has found one. Then, singing among the savage branches, it impales itself upon the longest, sharpest spine. And, dying, it rises above its own agony to out-carol the lark and the nightingale. One superlative song, existence the price. But the whole world stills to listen, and God in His heaven smiles. For the best is only bought at the price of great pain... or so says the legend..."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085101/quotes

And lastly "The End of the Affair" (1999) starring Ralph Fiennes and Julianne Moore:

"Maurice Bendrix: I'm jealous of this stocking.
Sarah Miles: Why?
Maurice Bendrix: Because it does what I can't. Kisses your whole leg. And I'm jealous of this button.
Sarah Miles: Poor, innocent button.
Maurice Bendrix: It's not innocent at all. It's with you all day. I'm not.
Sarah Miles: I suppose you're jealous of my shoes?
Maurice Bendrix: Yes.
Sarah Miles: Why?
Maurice Bendrix: Because they'll take you away from me."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0172396/quotes

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Veer Zaara - a Hindi film

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0420332/

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh it has to be Indecent Proposel and the Bridges of Madison county, my goodness, they are great, but i must say it doesnt take much to make me cry over a movie,

Love all the oldfashioned stuf, by Dickens, and i think jayne Eyre was wonderful;

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by micky azzam:
some where in time with Christopher reeves and jane seymour

I have two, this is one - the other is Bridges over Madison County, watch it with lots of kleenex.... cried like a baby with somewhere in time, too. [Wink]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by doodlebug:
Sense and Sensibility [Smile]

this is also a great one along with pride and prejudice (make sure it's the A&E version), anything by Jane Austen always gets me, she's my favorite [Wink] [Big Grin]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cosmogirl
Member # 8748

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cosmogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Odd fact about Cosmo;

When I get SUPER STRESSED, I reach for one of the slasher films I have on DVD just for this purpose, then I put it on as I do chores or something else, but watch most of the hard parts through my fingers and in the end.. I end up feeling better. I don't know if it's because I feel like at least I'm not trapped in a Hotel somewhere being turned into sausages, but something about the release of adrenaline that happens in a really SCARY movie makes me feel much better.

But for love films, "Dark Victory": with Bette Davis and Ron Regan... she is so brave and loves him so much and at the end I am always in tears.

Posts: 1071 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

ohh cosmo you ARE dark! [Wink]
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Tream Lefty:
Veer Zaara - a Hindi film

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0420332/

heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy you asian ,that my favourite DO PAL ......OR no NOORIE .THATS A MUST ...
OneLoveOnePeople
Member # 9667

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for OneLoveOnePeople     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The Notebook" my favorite
Posts: 100 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh yes the note book is great, seen that, so , i just love any old weepy, will do for me,
Have a great time with all these romances guys

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Casablanca" (1942) starring Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman:

"Yvonne: Where were you last night?
Rick: That's so long ago, I don't remember.
Yvonne: Will I see you tonight?
Rick: I never make plans that far ahead."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0034583/

And "In Love And War" (1997) starring Chris O'Donnell and Sandra Bullock:

Ernest Hemingway: "You love me, you just don't know it yet."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116621/quotes

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BTW, where are the contributions of our male ES members? I thought Egyptian guys are the most romantic men in the world - or at least that's what they claim to be......... [Wink]
seabreeze
Member # 10289

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] they are still guys and like war movies [Wink] [Big Grin]
Miss Sharm
Member # 12405

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miss Sharm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by *Tiger$lily*:
I thought Egyptian guys are the most romantic men in the world - or at least that's what they claim to be......... [Wink]

They like to think that they are, I don't think that they get their love talk from the movies though, probably have a lesson specifically dedicated to it in high school! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 1244 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for henita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] they are still guys and like war movies [Wink] [Big Grin]

They also like this Ninja movies.... [Roll Eyes] [Big Grin]
Posts: 1339 | From: Om Leito | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
martha
Member # 10281

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for martha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
two favs "Ghost" and "You've Got Mail", both sweet, fun, and romantic.
Posts: 58 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com