EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Egypt is not in the cards

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Egypt is not in the cards
Level732006
Member # 12665

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for Level732006     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So... some of you have heard my story in between Josette's posts. The Egyptian man I have been talking to for over a year and a half has just quit contacting me. He knows my mother is very ill and the last time we spoke he basically told me that I needed to take care of myself. This is someone I was talking to about marriage and now he has just up and decided that he is done. He was so wonderful and consistent for over a year I just don't understand! Maybe Josette's fiance will be available soon...when he figures out that she has multiple personality disorder?
Posts: 10 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Men are asking themselves when they finally are gonna understand women and women do the same about men.It`s difficult to understand somebody who you never have met, you already had doubts about his intentions, and right now the man looks even more a mystery to you.
I`m afraid you have to finish this story with unanswered questions, and that is hard to accept for many of us. Because for wellthinking people it is in a their nature to know backlaying reasons. You didn`t get them, and you have to accept...how hard it is...
Keep the story in mind and learn from it.Sometimes people are not what they pretend to be, even only in writing they give an impression of themselves. It seemed that he gave a false one...
Wish you acceptance...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Josette
Member # 12613

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Josette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My fiancee will NOT be available anytime soon you neanderthal. I see why your boyfriend left you when you were at your neediest. You have a bad attitude.
Posts: 833 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Level,

the much you are disappointed about the sudden unexpected ending of your online relationship be happy that you already saw his real face. What a liar! And believe me he found already his next 'victim'.

I've read similar stories of other women here on ES before, the behaviour of many guys just seem to be acting the same kind of way. I hope next to giving your heart and time away, you didn't supported him also financially.

All the best for the future. [Smile]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MissNoor
Member # 12549

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissNoor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too understand what you are going thru level. only that i had to take care of my sister and the egyptian i was corresponding with got so upset because i did not text him back for like 4 days and this after we had been communicating for almost 2yrs!!!!!!!!! that he told me i was the biggest lie that had ever came into his world and that i had misled him!!!!!!!!! can u believe that? wow i was like hey buddy step back i have my priorities and u are not number one. and this after he professed his love for me blah blah blah. i told him u can't say u love me cause we don't even know each other really only by way of cam, emails and talking to each other on phone but it still needs the final face to face. i think just the thrill of having someone email u and chatting with u is addictive but believe me honey u will get over it. men are a dime a dozen like my mama always told me. u can find them in a corner but u only get one mama.......take care
Posts: 446 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alchemist
Member # 12318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alchemist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen MissNoor! Also I believe it so important to love yourself first and protect yourself above all else. My mother always told me that when you run after a guy, that you only diminish yourself. That you lose a piece of yourself every time; god I can't believe I have started to quote my mother! I hate reading the stories on here when people are so hurt and confused, because you can feel their pain, I truly just wish everyone to find the happiness they deserve. [Smile]
Posts: 1879 | From: Going to Graceland | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MissNoor
Member # 12549

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissNoor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your right Alche I also fell the pain. I always say "Sharing is Caring". I know that as we share our heartaches and pains and there is friends out there like yourself who feel it regardles if you went through the same thing or not, you are caring enough to share ur concern...and this includes alllllllllll of you sweet sweet personas who respond..........God bless you all for caring............
Posts: 446 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Level732006
Member # 12665

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Level732006     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you so much MissNoor you made me feel better. I have always known my priorities I just became excited by the prospect of this man.
Thank you also for sharing your experience I know I am not alone but it is nice to know I am not crazy too!!! I just can't believe how quickly he turned... I suppose it is better to find out now rather than finding him in an airport somewhere with Josette!
Josette, go eat another Kabob with your boyfriend or your fiance... I just can't keep up.

Posts: 10 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Level, sorry this has happened to you but thank God you never did meet, the pain would be real then. Not saying its not real now but its only 'virtually' real if you get me!!

Go visit Egypt anyway, for its beauty, history and culture, it is so very worth it.

Of course if you do, there is a chance of meeting some guy on the plane just like josette did [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Level732006:
So... some of you have heard my story in between Josette's posts. The Egyptian man I have been talking to for over a year and a half has just quit contacting me. He knows my mother is very ill and the last time we spoke he basically told me that I needed to take care of myself. This is someone I was talking to about marriage and now he has just up and decided that he is done. He was so wonderful and consistent for over a year I just don't understand! Maybe Josette's fiance will be available soon...when he figures out that she has multiple personality disorder?

It's foolish to even think about marriage to someone you have not spent time with personally, no matter how many cam chats you have had.

Better luck next time, there may be alot of crappy people out there, but if there weren't, we would have no basis of comparison to the good people out there.

Hosette probably gave him crabs anyway, you don't wanna hit that, unless you're really into seafood.

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
panman
Member # 12506

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for panman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Josette:
My fiancee will NOT be available anytime soon you neanderthal. I see why your boyfriend left you when you were at your neediest. You have a bad attitude.

He will be when he finds out what happened at the airport [Big Grin]
Posts: 57 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
uklady
Member # 11161

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for uklady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree 100% vanilla! I think if you marry somebody you have only chatted to on the webcam you are asking for trouble! They obviously can have a totally different persona when you get to know them. Its bad enough with somebody you have spent alot of time with they do have a tendancy to spring these nasty surprises on you sometimes.
Posts: 142 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Khadija_Diagne
Member # 10149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Khadija_Diagne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Level,
am sorry that this has happen, but this is good that you do this now, because you do not want to contine with online relationship if he is not ready. The problem is that online relationships have to become real life relationships at some time, if it gets more seriouus. Chatting for 2 years is a lot for anywone. Now that you are having family responsiblities, he may feel that is his time to get out.

On line relationships can work, me and my husband chatted for one year and half, and marred 2 days after we met. We have good chemistry, and we discoverd that before me actually met. When we got married the chemistry became Physics!

NE way, the best you can do is protect yourself first, and foremost. Any man who loves you will support you in that.

Posts: 478 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MissNoor
Member # 12549

Rate Member
Your so right Khadija it is all in the sparks that fly when u first meet because that is the final step..............u could be serious through cyber space but the real nitty gritty of it is when you meet. |If no sparks or chemistry it is alllllllllll over!!!!!!!!! That is why when I meet someone in cyber, I tell them to slow down about the love part.....then they get upset because you don't tell them you love them back after you have gotten through telling them the reasons ay ay............Love oh love but it can be so painful...........
Level732006
Member # 12665

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Level732006     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you all for being so supportive! I want to make it clear that we had only talked about marriage and every time he said anything about love I made it clear that I didn't feel it was possible for me to feel that way until we met. I always told him how cautious I was about internet romance. I don't trust it but part of me was thinking I might be one of those like Khadija and I know it is possible to have a strong connection with someone online. I chalked it up to him being romantic but he was just killing time it seems.
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh dont even talk about quitting contact, mine did after i booked my ticket out there
i still had a good time without him hehehehehe

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Josette:
you neanderthal.

ROFL!!!
Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com