EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Get your Egyptian man officially checked out

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Get your Egyptian man officially checked out
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK this is a little bit tongue in cheek but with all those men who tell you they have great jobs, loads of money and aren't after a better life in the West. Tell them to apply for a visitors visa to your country. If the Embassy doesn't believe them why should you?
Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by akshar:
OK this is a little bit tongue in cheek but with all those men who tell you they have great jobs, loads of money and aren't after a better life in the West. Tell them to apply for a visitors visa to your country. If the Embassy doesn't believe them why should you?

LOL good point akshar [Big Grin]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Sharm
Member # 12405

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miss Sharm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Good point. I have just told my egyptian guy to apply for a visitor visa to come to the UK. He has previously studied in the UK, works in the family business, has money but does say that he doesn't want to make his life in the UK. However, I can not go to Egypt to make my life there as yet, with 2 children and studying for a degree it is out of the question even though it is tempting! So watch this space and lets see if the embassy believe him, if it isn't granted I will be asking him many questions and will want an explanation [Big Grin]
Posts: 1244 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kimbaha
Member # 12368

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimbaha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But to be realistic its not always a better life the grass is not always greener and if they knew this beforehand imagine how many would not want to come ??????
Posts: 16 | From: england and egypt | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Problemo: no human species less than 80 gets tourist visa to the US... [Big Grin]
Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agreed.

Even with plenty o' cash it's still difficult to get a visitor visa to the states. Esp if you're an Arab Muslim male. I have a gf who is Egyptian and a doctor. She applied for a visitor visa a little over a year ago. Denied.

quote:
Originally posted by Karah_Mia:
quote:

Problemo: no human species less than 80 gets tourist visa to the US... [Big Grin]

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Khadija_Diagne
Member # 10149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Khadija_Diagne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by M. M.:
Agreed.

Even with plenty o' cash it's still difficult to get a visitor visa to the states. Esp if you're an Arab Muslim male. I have a gf who is Egyptian and a doctor. She applied for a visitor visa a little over a year ago. Denied.

That sucks!! [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 478 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a neighbour who is a poorly paid Inspector of Antiquities and he has been to the America many times, also all over europe.

The issue is one of belief and trust with the embassy not mere money. Having loads of cash doesn't get you a visa it is belieiving your story ............ and this is what we all want to know about these Egyptian men. Are they telling the truth.

Of course I am not saying this totally seriously but on the otherhand if someone can not get a visa it does give you an indication of how they are perceived. With the UK Embassy they always give a reason.

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I have a neighbour who is a poorly paid Inspector of Antiquities and he has been to the America many times, also all over europe.

The issue is one of belief and trust with the embassy not mere money. Having loads of cash doesn't get you a visa it is belieiving your story ............ and this is what we all want to know about these Egyptian men. Are they telling the truth.

Of course I am not saying this totally seriously but on the otherhand if someone can not get a visa it does give you an indication of how they are perceived. With the UK Embassy they always give a reason.

A poorly paid inspector of Antiquities might be one of hundreds of employees in Antiquities who are granted visas to care for and maintain artifacts on a traveling show, or to build up better documentation on pieces scattered across the world.

a poorly paid major or corporal in the military recieves his training in Quantico Virgina USA every several years.

There are business, tourist, education/research and then there are "government/institutional cooperation" visas.

Sayyid Qutb was granted a research visa to further his education in the USA.

A government employee has the best chance of recieving a visa to the US, because if he doesn't come back future government employment opportunities for relatives are denied. Plus he'll lose his pension.

So money is a factor, always a factor.

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mme. Godiva:
quote:

A poorly paid inspector of Antiquities might be one of hundreds of employees in Antiquities who are granted visas to care for and maintain artifacts on a traveling show, or to build up better documentation on pieces scattered across the world.

a poorly paid major or corporal in the military recieves his training in Quantico Virgina USA every several years.

There are business, tourist, education/research and then there are "government/institutional cooperation" visas.

Sayyid Qutb was granted a research visa to further his education in the USA.

A government employee has the best chance of recieving a visa to the US, because if he doesn't come back future government employment opportunities for relatives are denied. Plus he'll lose his pension.

So money is a factor, always a factor.

well of course a government employee has a better chance of getting a visa to anywhere!! duh!
Money is of course a factor too, but not the only one. The main factor is trust, trust that they will come back to Egypt and not bugger off and live as a visa overstayer wherever they have gone to, which many DO. A Government official is hardly likely to do that as any employment in the adopted country is NILL.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sameh A
Member # 12271

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sameh A     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Akshar ,

The European embassies are simply " paranoic ".....In some embassies they ask for waiting for up to 3 weeks to get a visa !!!!
Some of these stupid embassies ask for the tickets to be booked in advance !!!

All the EU countries are like that except the UK and Ireland......Even stupid countries like Hungary and Romania !!!!!!!!

Well , this is not the case in the UK embassy in which people are more smart . They issue it in one day .

What I really don't understand is that most of Europeans get the Egyptian visa upon arrival !!! So , why don't they do the same ???

Nobody ask them in the airport about the money they have or whatever else......Even the Eastern European girls who come to work in prostitution !!!!

What's strange is that " West " usually claims to believe in freedom , tolerance , Bla bla bla....But I see a country like Egypt more open to the world than the world is open to it !!!!!\

--------------------
Sameh

Posts: 106 | From: Cairo - Egypt | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ardooda
Member # 5159

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ardooda   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Oooh! Is this someone I know Jane? [Razz]
Posts: 84 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a problem with this whole thread. Is it common these days to literally *official background check* a guy before dating him?

And is it common in the West now too? Maybe I am missing something here.

[Roll Eyes]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sameh A:

What I really don't understand is that most of Europeans get the Egyptian visa upon arrival !!! So , why don't they do the same ???

Because most of the Egyptian people would go and and stay illegal in a Western country if they would get the one life time opportunity which would create a huge mess (not saying we don't have any illegal aliens here).

Haven't you heard about how many people from third world countries risking their lives to try to come to Europe in hope of having a better life?

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bonzo
Member # 12594

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bonzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or how many Mexicans continue to sneak across US borders to get into the US?
Posts: 370 | From: Other side of reality | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
citizen
Member # 1344

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for citizen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
...But I see a country like Egypt more open to the world than the world is open to it !!!!!\

Sameh, Egypt is not open to Africans, other Arabs and lots of nationalities they fear will seek asylum in Egypt. My company just held a sales conference here and our Iranian and Iraqi (resident in Dubai) representatives - all with good jobs with an international company - could not get visas.
Posts: 1039 | From: Cairo | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EGYPT IS IN AFRICA ,MY HUSBAND FOUND IT EASIER TO SAY HE WAS FROM EGYPT AFRICA THAN SAYING ARAB WHEN APPLYING FOR JOBS HERE IN MY CITY HE DONT 3 APPLICATIONS SAME NAME, SAME ADRESS, BUT WITH ONE SAYING ARAB HE DIDNT GET, THE SAME AGAIN WITH AFRICAN ON IT AND GUESS WHAT HE GOT THE JOB ,,ANY REASONS WHY ..AND BY THE WAY EGYPT IS IN AFRICA ...SO WHY THE NEED TO SAY YOUR ARAB SURELY SOME EGYPTIANS CALL THEM SELF AFRICANS JUST A THOUGHT ...YOU WUDNT CALL YOUSE SELF ENGLISH IF YOU WAS BORN IN WALES ...

IVE KNOWN A FEW DOING THIS .....

Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karla
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karla         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Akshar ,

All the EU countries are like that except the UK and Ireland......Even stupid countries like Hungary and Romania !!!!!!!!

Who are you for to judge and assert that my country is stupid?
Posts: 1414 | From: far away | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Akshar ,

The European embassies are simply " paranoic ".....In some embassies they ask for waiting for up to 3 weeks to get a visa !!!!
Some of these stupid embassies ask for the tickets to be booked in advance !!!

Well , this is not the case in the UK embassy in which people are more smart . They issue it in one day .

Nobody ask them in the airport about the money they have or whatever else......Even the Eastern European girls who come to work in prostitution !!!!

What's strange is that " West " usually claims to believe in freedom , tolerance , Bla bla bla....But I see a country like Egypt more open to the world than the world is open to it !!!!!\

Sameh, I thought you were a educated man who has seen the world outside Egypt. Can`t you really understand the reason why?
It is because many prefer to live illegal in Europe or America instead of staying in Egypt.
Thousands of men are taking that decision, and the biggest part has no idea what kind of life is waiting for them...
Live like a slave, lowpayed, hardworking, always that big threatening "maybe they will take me up" in their minds. So, they`re looking for a way to make that illegality legal. By women. Or by pay for it.
Europe and America closed their doors for this luckseekers. And opposite, what can be offered by Egypt? Most Europeans and Americans are better off in their own country, and I think this is the same for Egyptians...

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
citizen
Member # 1344

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for citizen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by chimps ..:
.SO WHY THE NEED TO SAY YOUR ARAB SURELY SOME EGYPTIANS CALL THEM SELF AFRICANS

No, they don't... but OK read 'other Africans' for 'Africans' in my post!! [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 1039 | From: Cairo | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sameh A
Member # 12271

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sameh A     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tiger$lily , Bonzo , ????? ,

No , it's not only for economical reasons or average income in Egypt compared with the west.....It's about how governments think about their countries' national dignity.....

For example , the average income in Russia is much lower than western Europe , but EU can't do these visa ristrictions on Russians.....And when they do , they are treated the same by the Russian embassies in the west ( for example , a Russian visa from Spain takes much time than a Russian visa from Egypt ).
The reason is president Putin of Russia , he is serious about keeping the dignity of his people and his country.....( Russians were subject to worst treatment by western countries before Putin ) .

It was the same in Egypt at the era of Colonel Nasser .....No country in the west would even dare to refuse a visa for Egyptian citizens , and when they did , a diplomatic problem took place .

But now , we have this president Mubarak who doesn't even understand the meaning of the word ( dignity ) . All what he's interested in is attracting tourists , even if their countries are not doing the same....

Egypt is even open to European prostitutes and gold diggers . And poor Europeans who are looking for cheap tourism. I'm not against opening the country to everyone , with ONE condition : equal treatment by both countries ...

Also , from European point of view :

1st , western Europe welcome easter Europeans to travel and work in the west . Even now adding them to the EU....Which means it's NOT an economical issue as some people think . It's much deep into the European racist mentality....

2nd , if the issue is ( ONLY ) about money and fears of illegal migration , then a bank statement and a letter from the job would be enough for the embassy to offer the visa .

This is what happens in the embassies of the UK and Ireland . You can go on the same day , meet an official in the embassy and get the visa on the same day or the next day for maximum ( They even offer you to send it by mail to your home )

The British and Irish embassies issue the visa valid for 6 months with multiple entries .

That's why I really appreciate the mentality of English people ( not only in this issue , but in general ) . The result was that many tourists and businessmen are going to the UK for holiday , and they never get bad impression from the embassy.....

All of other EU countries are requiring strange rules :
1 - to get an appointment , call a number starts with 0900 which means you'll pay extra money
2 - You'll wait up to one month to get the visa.
3 - They need hotel reservation in advance .
4 - They ask for medical insurance .
5 - They want a bank statement .
6 - They want a letter from job .
7 - They want an invitation letter .
8 - They want the tickets in advance !!!!!!!!
9 - The visa will be valid only for the detected period which matches the hotel reservation and flight tickets .

F**k !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

None of the above is required in the British or the Irish embassies with the exception of bank statement and the letter from job ( which is understood for the illegal migration ) .

So , it's really not about economical cinditions and migration - and I don't think they are more smart than English people .
But , they simply DON'T WANT Egyptians to visit their countries . Out of racism and discrimination . ( By the way , these stupid conditions were imposed on other European countries by Germany 3 or 4 years ago ) - Germany ???? Did this make me remember the Nazies ??????

--------------------
Sameh

Posts: 106 | From: Cairo - Egypt | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sameh A
Member # 12271

Rate Member
karla ,

" Who are you for to judge and assert that my country is stupid? "

I'm a person who VISITED your country , met its people and dealt with its bureaucracy and saw your racist mentality . Moreover , my first love was from Romania , but I still hold the same opinion .

--------------------
Sameh

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If your theory is right, is simply would have to do with religion, not racial. Turkey wants to become an EU-member and they are trying to find all kinds of reasons to avoid that. But the same reasons/rules are not used by the other new member-states.
Europe is walking hand-in-hand with the US, so that would be an exploination.
If you ask my personal opinion, I think Egypt will be better off with economic, educational and health-care help.
All that immigrants should stay in Egypt, when they should have a reasonable life there.
If I want to give my children good education, I have to pay more then I would pay in Europe! MUCH more...
Besides that, life is to limited, especially for daughters.
Young people have to work twice as hard as they would do in Europe.
Of course it does form their mentality, no-one has ever died of hard working, and they have to learn that they have to work to reach something...
If they really WANT there is a way.
Living as a immigrant in Europe is not easy either, and when you are Muslim you will expierence the preconceptions and the discrimination. Only when you have reached a certain level in society, this doesnt excist. But then we`re talking about high educated people.
Everyone below is second class...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com