EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » I'm alive and well!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'm alive and well!
Josette
Member # 12613

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Josette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't been on because my fiance seems to think I spend to much time online and so I now spend most of my days with his mother. I really don't think I was ever on alot, I posted,but I didn't live on here!!! Anyway, I'm OK and we're working on it. He apologized for leaving and I apologized for not being more "attentive" to him. Thanks for everyone concerned,but I am fine.

I'll be back when I can.

P.S. MIL has been teaching me how to cook [Roll Eyes] and I deliberately try to burn everything and eventually take 2 plates home for us and she cooks and I get the credit! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 833 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vickyjones
Member # 12778

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for vickyjones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's good to know that you are ok because I was getting a worried about you. You know I missed your entertaining stories!
Posts: 112 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Roll Eyes]

It's good to know your alive, and that you've been spending time with MIL. What makes me curious is that you don't seem the type to enjoy that sort of thing often, or without complaints.

I mean the rest of us love it. But with the language and culture barrier, it does get exhausting. You just don't seem the type to enjoy.

What you been cooking? How about posting in the food section? I'd love some of the recipes. [Smile]

Good Luck!

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, Josette, you are finally cooking? How do you get along with your MIL? Hopefully good. You know his mother it's the most important person in his fiance's life - sorry to disappoint you.

Good luck with burning pans! [Smile]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Josette
Member # 12613

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Josette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No I am the most important person in his life and as for his mom, I like her. She is nice to me and laughs when I burn things. She says it will come with "time". Ya right lady! She is very dear to me though,she said I just have to learn her son's ways and that once I do that, everything will be fine.
Posts: 833 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sawny
Member # 11224

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sawny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mother and God are the most important things in their lives, If you think you are the most important person you will sadly be disappointed.
Let's face it, he wouldn't walk out on his mother and disappear for two days without contacting her.
Good luck

Posts: 66 | From: London | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ditto! About Mother and God.

But her saying you just have to learn her sons way? Comon. With your history. I can't believe she's not trying to accidentally burn you in the kitchen?

Where is that such an issue? India....Pakistan?

Sorry.......had to say it. [Big Grin]

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hibbah
Member # 12156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hibbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sawny:
Mother and God are the most important things in their lives, If you think you are the most important person you will sadly be disappointed.
Let's face it, he wouldn't walk out on his mother and disappear for two days without contacting her.
Good luck

ooooh, snap, burn.
Posts: 1967 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Josette
Member # 12613

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Josette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Josette
Member # 12613

Rate Member
quote:
Good luck

BITCH
sawny
Member # 11224

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sawny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not a bitch Josette, I am happily married to an Egyptian, have lived in Egypt so I know. It wasn't mean't as an insult, just a fact.
Posts: 66 | From: London | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valerie
Member # 6806

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Valerie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I am not a bitch Josette, I am happily married to an Egyptian, have lived in Egypt so I know. It wasn't mean't as an insult, just a fact.

And you are so right...

In the west we have a saying...

A daughter is your daughter for all of her life
But a son is a son till he takes him a wife....MEANING once a son is married it is his wife who is no 1......

BUT IN EGYPT....

The mother will always be no1.....not you....

He is sending you to his mothers so that he will know where you are, and everything you have chatted about will be relayed to him on his return..... FACT

Posts: 290 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Good luck

some do walk away wit contacting my husband did he dissapeared for at least 2weeks we called police there and found him ishmalia ,he was in a distress stae cus the preivious 2weeks he lost his father and he never got to say sorry for a argument he had and the only way to deal with it was to run away from the ones that loved him
but yes i agree allah and mum do come first in most areas of egyptian life but that can be any culture be it asian as well exspecially from islamic point of view ....
i think my husband is actually autistic god knows why i feel this but i do not fully but somewhere ,hes aloner ....like my daughter .....

Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
good luck joesette,
i hope all works out now, and you will have a great time,
you got to go though the bad to realise how good it can be
good luck
xx

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com