EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » are you omar or youssef ? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: are you omar or youssef ?
spasm
Member # 12981

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for spasm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Such an interesting phenomena ! , did any of you ever notice that the male kids(Egyptian/cairo) between 1- 8 years of age are mostly having one of the following names :
Omar , Youssef and Ali
Only yesterday I was in the club and I decided to count how many “Omars” I’d hear during my 3 hours stay between 11AM – 2 PM … there were about 8 kids named Omar !, 3 kids named Youssef present in a 200 square meters and in several cases the three names were present in one family !
Do they give special privileges to the parents if any of their male kids is named after one or more of these names !?
what happend to the good old ahmed and Muhammad [Smile]

Posts: 92 | From: cairo | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol...as Laura said, a nation of 90 million
with 20 first names...
[Big Grin]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They went to Europe...
Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
spasm
Member # 12981

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for spasm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and they were given the visa !? [Smile]

--------------------
painter

Posts: 92 | From: cairo | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yazid904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In USA, Mohammed has become Mo, Abdul has become Abe (as in Lincoln), Yussuf has become Jeff, Ali has become Al and the list is endless.
Posts: 1290 | From: usa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by spasm:
and they were given the visa !? [Smile]

Yes, but is decades ago...
Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
homing pigeon
Member # 8039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for homing pigeon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I must plead guilty to two of those charges; omar and ali!! though, I honestly didnt follow a trend....they were the only names their dad and i seemed to be able to agree on!

--------------------
Noha

Posts: 670 | From: alex living in leeds, UK | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Josette
Member # 12613

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Josette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I seemed to remember many kids named Mido and Noura.
Posts: 833 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs Tibe
Member # 12653

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mrs Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I ever will get pregnant (we're working on it [Big Grin] )he/she has to have an international name but also 1 that still "works" in both Denmark and Egypt. Does such names excists?
Posts: 528 | From: Denmark | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hibbah
Member # 12156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hibbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the names Yuseff and Ali. If i have a son inshallah though, Im going to name him Hamza. I dont buy into the "make your name acceptable for WASP america"- my name is extremely "un-american" in that sense, and I've never given myself a nickname to make it easier for people.
I love my name- no matter if everyone pronounces it funny and in several different ways.

Josette, i think the name Mido is a nick name.

Posts: 1967 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
homing pigeon
Member # 8039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for homing pigeon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mrs Tibe:
If I ever will get pregnant (we're working on it [Big Grin] )he/she has to have an international name but also 1 that still "works" in both Denmark and Egypt. Does such names excists?

OOH, a family I know wanted international names so they settled on Adam, Sophie and Sammy. Nora works all ways, too.
Posts: 670 | From: alex living in leeds, UK | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my partners friends son is called Adam, I found it quite unusual for an Egyptian
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adam is an Arabic name. It's not unusual for an Egyptian.
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Showing my ignorance! Its just the first I,ve ever heard of it there. Used to the usual Mohameds and Ahmeds
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for henita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by homing pigeon:
quote:

OOH, a family I know wanted international names so they settled on Adam, Sophie and Sammy. Nora works all ways, too.
Sarah is also quite used internationally. [Cool]
Posts: 1339 | From: Om Leito | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs Tibe
Member # 12653

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mrs Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find the name Oscar funny and sweet - (in the delivery room: and the Oscar goes to..... [Big Grin] ) I also like Emilia for girls.
Posts: 528 | From: Denmark | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a Maine Coon cat named Oscar. He was very sweet [Smile]
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Sayed, though hubby spells it Said. He wants Adham, though I said it would have to be Adam, since that's what the kids will call him anyways since Adham is difficult to say when you're not used to it.

I also like Ali and Youssef, though we have tons of Youssef's here...they're all jewish though. Ali I like 'cause it's nice and simple.

Omar reminds me too much of Omar Sharif, and I didn't like him much so that's a definite no. lol.

Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Samir....can be sammy,sam.....

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mimmi
Member # 3606

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mimmi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Hi
Younas=Jonas, Yousef and Maria and Magda are names that are both Egyptian and Scandinavian and Inge and Mona

Posts: 523 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
homing pigeon
Member # 8039

quote:
Sarah is also quite used internationally. [Cool] [/QB]
And Sally and Mira

There's more girls names than boys, though.

get_over_it
Member # 11286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for get_over_it     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lots of the Arabic names I like, my husband tells me are "old" names - is it a real no-no to use these names?

I mean, is it like calling your baby Vera or Norman or another name traditionally associated with the older generation here in the UK? [Razz] Here, I suppose you could do it, but it would be unusual

Posts: 463 | From: Other side of nowhere | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DawnBev
Member # 11276

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnBev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol - my dad and his brothers are called:
Gordon, Rex and Norman!

You just dont see young kids called by these names do you?!!

Posts: 1056 | From: UK, Middle East & Europe | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate to admit this but I have real difficulty finding arabic names that I really like. I have found a few but generally I just don't like them at all, even the ones that aren't considered 'old' ... they just don't sound pretty to my ears....
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cosmogirl
Member # 8748

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cosmogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smucks, we are still waging the "battle of the 1/2 arab baby" here in DC. We come up with a name, he "vets" it past his Egyptian family and they all go with a big thumbs down. "Why not Yousseff, or Karim? or Mohammad??" "The one you picked sounds tooo Chrtistian." "We've never known any boy to have that name".

So I shift back into neutral and point out that the baby will already carry my husbands first and last names, and that I want a name similar to the one our teenager has. Boy 1 is named Gavin, it's short, sweet, balanced with consonants and vowels, and it's hard to mispronounce or shorten into a nickname other than G or Gav. (or the nauseating Gav-Man)So I think something like Tarek, or Kaysar for boy 2.

You would think I was suggesting the name Shatan.

"Why not Amir??" BECAUSE THERE ARE SEVEN MILLION OF THOSE IN THE AREA. Because it ISNT cute to have an inside joke where your sons name is really your own but with the title of "Prince". Plus.. I'm thinking... this is the name that our son will be called by his wife on her wedding day, and what she will shout out in bed. It is the name I am going to have to shout at him when I'm mad, or feeling strongly, because for all intents and purposes this isn't just an Egyptian child, it is an American one, and like it or not, he will never speak accented English, and his Arabic will always be a second language. Plus... I've never known an Amir that wasn't an assh*le, and I even know one who prefers to be called "Johnny". So fuggedaboutit.

When it gets really upsetting, I simply revert back to naming him after my Father, Bruce. HAHAHAHA! You should see the face of Egypt when I suggest a first son named after a scottish hero and a place in France!

3 months to go and frankly this carrying a baby rigamorole is for the BIRDS. You ladies with more than 1 get great respect from me.

Posts: 1071 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
homing pigeon
Member # 8039

Hey, Cosmo, I thought that was already your second. You said you already have Gavin.

One thing I think you need to focus on for a while to achieve your purpose, no vetting past families on either side....once u've convinced him of that, you're half way there. It may be easy to convince him of a name you like but it cant be possible to convince his whole family. I mean, what are the chances, statistically that four or five peopel would agree to the same thing anyway?

--------------------
Noha

homing pigeon
Member # 8039

Hey, I just remembered a name. My half Egyptian American cousin is called Ramy as in Rah-me.

--------------------
Noha

Cosmogirl
Member # 8748

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cosmogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adopted one, carrying number two.
Posts: 1071 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alchemist
Member # 12318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alchemist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about Ammar?
Posts: 1879 | From: Going to Graceland | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmogirl:
Smucks, we are still waging the "battle of the 1/2 arab baby" here in DC. We come up with a name, he "vets" it past his Egyptian family and they all go with a big thumbs down. "Why not Yousseff, or Karim? or Mohammad??" "The one you picked sounds tooo Chrtistian." "We've never known any boy to have that name".

So I shift back into neutral and point out that the baby will already carry my husbands first and last names, and that I want a name similar to the one our teenager has. Boy 1 is named Gavin, it's short, sweet, balanced with consonants and vowels, and it's hard to mispronounce or shorten into a nickname other than G or Gav. (or the nauseating Gav-Man)So I think something like Tarek, or Kaysar for boy 2.

You would think I was suggesting the name Shatan.

"Why not Amir??" BECAUSE THERE ARE SEVEN MILLION OF THOSE IN THE AREA. Because it ISNT cute to have an inside joke where your sons name is really your own but with the title of "Prince". Plus.. I'm thinking... this is the name that our son will be called by his wife on her wedding day, and what she will shout out in bed. It is the name I am going to have to shout at him when I'm mad, or feeling strongly, because for all intents and purposes this isn't just an Egyptian child, it is an American one, and like it or not, he will never speak accented English, and his Arabic will always be a second language. Plus... I've never known an Amir that wasn't an assh*le, and I even know one who prefers to be called "Johnny". So fuggedaboutit.

When it gets really upsetting, I simply revert back to naming him after my Father, Bruce. HAHAHAHA! You should see the face of Egypt when I suggest a first son named after a scottish hero and a place in France!

3 months to go and frankly this carrying a baby rigamorole is for the BIRDS. You ladies with more than 1 get great respect from me.

I completely relate. When we finally broke it to the in laws the names we wanted they sat around and gave us the run around about what would be better and what THEY like best and they didn't like my choices, and I finally stood and had the hubby tell them 'if you don't like I can choose a name you can't pronounce since you're insisting on my family doing the same'.
FINALLY and after debate I stuck to my original choice and could care less if they like it or not.

I honestly found it slightly rude that they would tell me point blank they didn't like my choice and I was thinking 'yea but your own name is a real winner...' [Roll Eyes]
I mean, when I told my mother my choice her reaction was 'that is nice'...how would you tell someone the choice they choose for their child isn't good or could be better or something, just sit back and be thankful you're getting grandchildren and your foreign daughter in law is trying to make everyone happy by making the name familiar to you and her family. THAT is the hard part.

Anyway, time has gone by now and they refer to the unborn girl with the chosen name, so she has identity and in the end.... I GOT MY WAY [Big Grin] .
The important thing was that my husband and I both liked the name, what everyone else thought was just taken as opinion and nothing more. [Wink]

You will let me know when you decide on a name right?? I went to my dr appt a couple of nights ago and he said I am 1 week away from my eighth month! [Eek!] My time is coming quite quickly..... (biting nails)....

btw, I love the name Gavin [Wink]

murray-mint77
Member # 13080

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for murray-mint77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sooo sad now
listen to my poor pathetic excuse...
I'm broody now and i know i have to wait a while before i can consider having another 1 or 3 ?? Insha allah ! But speaking with the man in my life he laughs about names i like.... I love Omar for a boy ever since the song...."Theres nothing like this.." [Big Grin]
But apparently too muslim?? (cos he's copt?) Now i find its a common as muck????
I love Leila for a girl But apparently i have been told no no cos its old as well!!
Then i start to read "FATWA" whats her husbands name and her first born?? Look at my choices for the answer....
I think gods trying to tell me something??
I'm stuck now so maybe Sam that works for girl or boy.....Insha allah its not as common as muck when i give birth.....in the near future...
[Confused]

Posts: 634 | From: the Moon........... | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:
Originally posted by murray-mint77:
I'm sooo sad now
listen to my poor pathetic excuse...
I'm broody now and i know i have to wait a while before i can consider having another 1 or 3 ?? Insha allah ! But speaking with the man in my life he laughs about names i like.... I love Omar for a boy ever since the song...."Theres nothing like this.." [Big Grin]
But apparently too muslim?? (cos he's copt?) Now i find its a common as muck????
I love Leila for a girl But apparently i have been told no no cos its old as well!!
Then i start to read "FATWA" whats her husbands name and her first born?? Look at my choices for the answer....
I think gods trying to tell me something??
I'm stuck now so maybe Sam that works for girl or boy.....Insha allah its not as common as muck when i give birth.....in the near future...
[Confused]

I love Omar and Laila, both are lovely.
Just find one you can both agree on, that's all that counts [Wink] .

murray-mint77
Member # 13080

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for murray-mint77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Smuckers xx Lets hope he agrees (i've got enough time to talk him round???) LOL [Wink]
Posts: 634 | From: the Moon........... | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I think of Leila I think of the song

Layla, you've got me on my knees.
Layla, I'm begging, darling please.
Layla, darling won't you ease my worried mind.

I hate that song. Gives me an instant migraine each time it comes on. lol

Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Lol, by Eric Clapton? Lol, yea it is annoying - that song he does about his little boy that died makes me tear up every time I hear it though [Frown]
[Frown]

Hibbah
Member # 12156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hibbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by doodlebug:
I like Sayed, though hubby spells it Said. He wants Adham, though I said it would have to be Adam, since that's what the kids will call him anyways since Adham is difficult to say when you're not used to it.

I also like Ali and Youssef, though we have tons of Youssef's here...they're all jewish though. Ali I like 'cause it's nice and simple.

Omar reminds me too much of Omar Sharif, and I didn't like him much so that's a definite no. lol.

I have 2nd cousins, and they had FIVE boys mashallah, one right after the other. And their names are Omar, Osman, Ali, Humza, and Youseff [Smile] They're the most annoying kids in this world- break everything thats breakable. My mom loses her mind whenever they come over.

My guy wants to name our future daughter (inshallah) after his mom, and I find her name kinda difficult to pronounce- its Hanaa' with an emphasis on the 3rd "a". I told him everyones just gonna call her Hanah (me included).

Posts: 1967 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
spasm
Member # 12981

Rate Member
I’ve always believed that the name is an identification to the human being , just like the ID and the passport , each has its own serial unrepeated number …
There are millions of names out there awaiting to be picked , but the humans are mainly stereotypical, they tend to stick to what they know and what others have chosen
Why can’t we be little more creative , little more courageous ,,,,
Egyptians for example why don’t they start giving some ancient Egyptian names for their children rather than these worn out , tasteless names , Egyptians simplt forgot who they really are , people of other nations would like to have a history that dates back to 7000 years
Ancient Egyptian names are nice in its sound , catchy , exotic and mysterious ..
Who wouldn’t like to have a unique name [Smile] ….

--------------------
painter

homing pigeon
Member # 8039

Now, that's not fair, Spasm.... How many Mina and Isis you know in Egypt?

--------------------
Noha

spasm
Member # 12981

Rate Member
the Egyptian history is still rich with many other names ,,, and if you don't like anciant Egyptian names you can chose from any other civilization , Greek , Roman , Persian , .. ets.
i like the name "Troy " [Smile]

--------------------
painter

doodlebug
Member # 11649

"Snefru you cut that out right this minute!!!! Don't MAKE me come over there after you!!!"
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by doodlebug:
When I think of Leila I think of the song

Layla, you've got me on my knees.
Layla, I'm begging, darling please.
Layla, darling won't you ease my worried mind.

I hate that song. Gives me an instant migraine each time it comes on. lol

I loved that song, reminds me of being on Hoiday in Devon [Big Grin]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
oh my best friend is originally from devon,
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mother War:
Adam is an Arabic name. It's not unusual for an Egyptian.

Adam rocks. [Wink]
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by murray-mint77:
I love Omar for a boy ever since the song...."Theres nothing like this.." [Big Grin]
But apparently too muslim?? (cos he's copt?)

[Big Grin] My first choice for a boy's name was Michael, but that got vetoed by husband for being too Christian.
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Lol...too Christian, we got the same thing Snoozin', as if naming a child a christian name might make them [Eek!] christian! [Eek!]
lol I still can't understand it, but, ookkkkaayyyyyy [Wink]

Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never understood how parents can give a child a name that's very popular. I think there's nothing worse than having a name dozens of other people at school / work etc. have as well.
Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
QueenMojo
Member # 12306

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for QueenMojo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by spasm:
Such an interesting phenomena ! , did any of you ever notice that the male kids(Egyptian/cairo) between 1- 8 years of age are mostly having one of the following names :
Omar , Youssef and Ali
Only yesterday I was in the club and I decided to count how many “Omars” I’d hear during my 3 hours stay between 11AM – 2 PM … there were about 8 kids named Omar !, 3 kids named Youssef present in a 200 square meters and in several cases the three names were present in one family !
Do they give special privileges to the parents if any of their male kids is named after one or more of these names !?
what happend to the good old ahmed and Muhammad [Smile]

I noticed for Omar and Youssef and also Abd el Rahman it's even more than the 2 previous.
Posts: 37 | From: cairo | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alchemist
Member # 12318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alchemist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sashyra88:
quote:
Originally posted by homing pigeon:
quote:

Sarah is also quite used internationally. [Cool]
Yes Sarah is quite a cool name. [Cool]
Posts: 1879 | From: Going to Graceland | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

lol
daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
Originally posted by Dalia*:
I never understood how parents can give a child a name that's very popular. I think there's nothing worse than having a name dozens of other people at school / work etc. have as well.

I agree, having about 5 other Snoozins in all my classes growing up. Very popular name for my generation.

My son's name is pretty common, unfortunately. But he has such a weird last name, I felt I had to balance out the whole name with something very simple and classic.

If I had married a guy named Joe Jones or something, I would have gotten more creative with the first name. [Wink]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com