EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Londoner

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Londoner
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A Londoner was punting down the Thames when his oar slipped out of his hands. He drifted aimlessly till his path crossed that of a rowboat. In the rowboat were a man and two young women.

The punter called out, "Sir, will you lend me one of your oars?"

The rower became furious and answered sharply, "They're not 'ores'! They're my two sisters!"

[Big Grin]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caterpillar
Member # 10438

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for caterpillar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oi, i'l 'av u no 'arf me famly r lunduners...
Posts: 1017 | From: uk | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin]

(I have no clue what you just said)

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alchemist
Member # 12318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alchemist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Allow me to translate:

Oy!(Hey!) I'll have you know half my family are londoners.

[Big Grin] [Cool]

Posts: 1879 | From: Going to Graceland | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caterpillar
Member # 10438

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for caterpillar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cor blimey guvna we ave a nuvva cockney in the 'ouse

awl i want is a room sum where...
far awayy from the cowld nite airrrr
wif one emourmus chair
oh woooouldnt it be luvely.....

Posts: 1017 | From: uk | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alchemist
Member # 12318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alchemist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now Eliza remember, The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plains.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 1879 | From: Going to Graceland | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caterpillar
Member # 10438

Rate Member
what an awakening...for years i thought it was a plane!!!!!!

i could never figure it out, i thought, why the plane? are the clouds high in spain?

i'm not joking either... [Big Grin]

seabreeze
Member # 10289

This is like British Ebonics. [Frown]
I don't have a problem with the British accent as much as I do the Scottish...oy vey! [Roll Eyes]

murray-mint77
Member # 13080

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for murray-mint77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well well well guv'nor......The more i come on here the more i know....
i'll let u all know all my family come from east london [Wink] so i don't appreciate the return of mary poppins's DICK VAN DYKE rendition of me accent..... [Big Grin] [Big Grin] !! LOL
I JOKE seriously it made me laugh xx And it brought back to me old loaf, some fun memories xx [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Have a good day all me old cockles xx

Posts: 634 | From: the Moon........... | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

ohhh You mean the Dick Van Dyke rendition wasn't the real thing?? [Confused]
[Big Grin]
[Big Grin]
[Big Grin]

caterpillar
Member # 10438

Rate Member
Well i'll be blowed [Wink]
soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for soozi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by caterpillar:
what an awakening...for years i thought it was a plane!!!!!!

i could never figure it out, i thought, why the plane? are the clouds high in spain?

i'm not joking either... [Big Grin]

Hahahaha, me too!!! I thought it was referring to it never actually raining in Spain, and that's why people go on holiday there!!!

As I'm no longer 5 years old, I am aware that it does rain in Spain, I just figured it was a figure of speech!

Posts: 836 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com