EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Egyptians traveling abroad

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Egyptians traveling abroad
walkingathinline
Member # 11504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for walkingathinline     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi..I am American and married to an Egyptian..we are looking to travel abroad to places that are easy for Egyptians to travel to so his passport can be stamped a few times, thus helping us obtain a visa for the States.

Any suggestions on where are easy countries (other than the Middle East) for Egyptians to travel to???

I heard that Thailand is now "open" to Egyptians and that they can just arrive at the airport and obtain a visa stamp just like I can. Does anyone know if this is true?

Thanks for any advice you have,
Cheers,
E

Posts: 422 | From: American living in Maadi, visiting in the States for awhile | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MissJambi
Member # 13261

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissJambi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes its true...just tell him to stay away from the many brothels...them egyptians like them a lot there:)
Posts: 229 | From: florida | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gaffy
Member # 11441

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gaffy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How will that help him get a visa for U.S.A.? Who told you that? You still have to have money in the bank and prove you are coming back to Egypt to be able to go to U.S.A. They are getting very strict now too. They even turn down people married to Americans. Try calling the Embassy and asking them the criteria for getting a visa for USA. Don't listen to any lawyers in Egypt, they just want your money and they are not really very smart - even if they tell you they work with the Embassy. If you talk to someone at the Embassy they will tell you they don't "deal" with any lawyers.
Posts: 39 | From: Jersey City, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
C Elektra
Member # 2100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for C Elektra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe, Stamps from other countries in the passport may help to show that other countries doesn't find him a threat.
Posts: 182 | From: LA/Alex | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kimberley
Member # 5179

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimberley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
from what i know its getting extremly hard to geta visa for the USA now.
never heard of getting stamps in the pasport to gain entry quicker dont think you have been told correctly. sorry

Posts: 206 | From: england | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maxman
Member # 12150

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for maxman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe malta? or even kenya?it isnt hard to get those visas from cairo i hear.Cheers&Goodluck!
Posts: 998 | From: UK,Egypt,east and central africa..... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
St. Kitt's. Nevis, Malta, Seychelles, India.

Some of those an Egyptian doesn't even have to have a visa for.

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gaffy
Member # 11441

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gaffy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who ever is telling you that it helps...totally wrong. Either way you will get hassled at the airport if you ever get out of the Embassy for the visa - maybe 2 or 3 years.....didn't you ever go to the website for the American Embassy and see how many cases are pending? Ya for paperwork. They have stock in the express service to send papers back and forth.... [Smile]
Posts: 39 | From: Jersey City, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korven.
Member # 11013

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korven.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never knew that even egyptians married to Americans can't go to the USA, wow...
Posts: 1167 | From: Homelandless | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maxman
Member # 12150

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for maxman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is so special about the USA?pls,anyone, enlighten me,thx [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 998 | From: UK,Egypt,east and central africa..... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well for some guys.....their habibti's are here. [Wink]

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maxman
Member # 12150

Rate Member
Oh,i see..........I thought habibtis mean green card?? [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
www.excitingegypt.co.uk

walkingathinline
Member # 11504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for walkingathinline     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nothing is particularly special about the States except my family is there and my husband wants to see where I grew up...we're not planning on moving there, just want to visit for a month...

the reason for the stamps is that it is just another helpful thing that shows the gov't that he plans on coming back...

yes, i know about the money in the bank and the various other criteria as i have scoured the consulate's website and spoken to many many people who have gone through the process...

i have heard horror stories and success stories...all i'm trying to do is get my ducks in a row and do as much possible to help him get a holiday visa so we can visit my family during our winter break from school...i know it's luck of the draw and it's difficult...

sometimes i wonder why i even bother with this website...people can be so negative.

--------------------
"It's very important to learn how to weasel out of things. It's what separates us from the animals...except the weasel." ~Homer J. Simpson

Posts: 422 | From: American living in Maadi, visiting in the States for awhile | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It seems like a lot of money to spend traveling the world to get stamps just so he can see where you grew up, but, best of luck. Hope everything works out. [Smile]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tenngirl9
Member # 9948

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tenngirl9     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why cant you apply for K3 visa as a non immigrant like your going to move here. Then in 2 years get peramant residency in the USA if you all change your mind and want to live here. You can travel back and forth on a K3 visa anyway. If they question you tell them you were finishing up with school. After you come visit for a month, maybe your husband might really want to live here in the Usa who knows. That will leave your options open.
Posts: 96 | From: usa | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To get a visa to the US as a tourist I would have thought it was helpful to show you have been a tourist to other places as well. Indicating that you have money, you like to travel but you return back to Egypt. So I agree it is worth a try but it seems an awfully expensive way to go about it. Especially as I have never heard of an actual case where it made a difference. I would say that the 'I have such a wonderful and settled life in Egypt I would never leave' evidence is better. Having a foreign wife does tend to knock holes in that so you need some heavy counter balance.
Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tilutine
Member # 12661

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tilutine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
China is "open", it's easy to get a visa, but all the Egyptians I know who got it were working for Egyptian companies, so maybe it was a business visa, not a tourist one.
Be careful with these stamps...It's not a good idea (talking from experience). One of my friends went to China, Dubai and Turkey several times, for business and tourism. In Germany, he was controlled by the police and was asked many questions, he had to explain why he did all this travelling, because he was suspect to them, and he had a really hard time with them. An Egyptian who travels a lot is a terrorist!
Your husband may probably gets a visa for an other Arab country, if he can't travel for business, so imagine what the USA embassy are going to say when they see visas from Arab countries...it will be a big no-no.
Instead of watsing your money and time on this, try to get all the proofs you can find to show that your husband have strong ties with Egypt, and that he's not planning to stay in the USA. Since you're married, the embassy will think he will stay there permanently, I'm afraid. So be as smart as you can.
To justify your visit, instead of just saying he wants to visit your family, don't you have some friends who will get married during the time you're supposed to stay there? Then you can add the marriage invitation...small things I know, but it did work for one of my male friends. Good luck!

Posts: 78 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ekramys girl.... to get a visitors visa to the US, you can just download the form from the US embassy website to apply for a B2 visitors visa.
They just want to know he has enough money to support himself, where he will be staying, and proof of ties in his home, i.e job, family, bank account. Get as\much proof of these as you can.
He will have to go to the US consulate for an interview.
Really they just want to know he's not going to disappear into the country to become an illegal alien.
Really, it's not difficult. We're in the process of helping an Egyptian friend come here for a holiday now!!
Best of luck!! [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mer
Member # 11678

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it helps, once I was applying for a visa to france, they ask me to bring the older passport with visas to different europian country so it is easy to get issued.
Posts: 125 | From: Egypt | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com