EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Arab commercials are gross

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Arab commercials are gross
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 13 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Almost every commercial on Arabic satellite has some kind of wanna-be model. Air-conditioner commercials have glitzy looking models. Pepsi commercials have wide ass arab chicks with so much baby powder on. Laundry detergent commercials also have glitzy models. Khalas, Khalas, Khalas, Kifaya it is too gross and I wouldn’t be complaining if they actually looked cute. Arab bimbos are the worst kind of bimbos!

The pretentious mentality in Arab media is just ridiculous. The Indians, Thais, Indonesians and other third world societies don’t have this problem.

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hereby recommend:

-less make up
-less glitziness
-less ass
-less whiteness and this includes white wedding dresses
-less color
-less music
-less tackiness

-more normal people (that actually look like Arabs) Etisalat commercial is good
-more tan
-more nature
-more Arab diversity
-more Arab culture (whatever is left of it)
-more class

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Egyptian girls/woman in common are using a strange make-up, it is all a bit TO much. White faces idd, sixty`s eyeliner, liplines, for me it looks like cheap. And that big asses... bodystructure in common is more heavy. Pppl told me that it is considered as a sign of feminity. The more thin women like Italian or Asian seem to be considered as boys-figures...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for henita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ?????:
I think Egyptian girls/woman in common are using a strange make-up, it is all a bit TO much. White faces idd, sixty`s eyeliner, liplines, for me it looks like cheap. And that big asses... bodystructure in common is more heavy. Pppl told me that it is considered as a sign of feminity. The more thin women like Italian or Asian seem to be considered as boys-figures...

While i totally agree on the extremely made up faces,senseless since most of this girls are naturaly beautiful,the ass thing i dont believe they can help it.Is the same with us Latinos.That is our natural body structure and no matter if one is slim or heavier the asses are naturally big.
Example:Jennifer Lopez
[Wink]

Posts: 1339 | From: Om Leito | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I guess the ‘made in China’ phenomena extends to make-up as well [Big Grin]
Egyptian women would be wise to use a decent amount of eye liner and a little lipstick and nothing else.

The use of make-up is an art and you are either good at it or not. They have no business playing around with difficult shades. The directors of the commercials should know better, I mean where is the professionalism?

The slim body obsession is gaining popularity in the Middle East though, give them another year. The @ss will always have its devotees but skinny is definitely in.

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is, I also mentioned. I saw a lot of beauty salons and weight loss studio`s....

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
too skinny is also dangerous

I have also wondered why the commercials never seem to have any people that actually LOOK Arab.

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 14 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok lets mix in some positively with the negativity [Big Grin] I know how sensitive women are with their appearance.

The good news is there is massive potential and I have no doubts Arab women will one day grab the fashion headlines similarly to the Brazilians. It will not be achieved overnight and I believe there is correlation between peoples’ perception of beauty and advancement of society in general. Technological advancement and greater literacy rates will positively reflect on Arab women’s beauty.

Gulf women have already made great strides. Then again many of them have been exposed to western cultures while on vacations and they also have the money to buy L’oreal, Lancomb, Liz Clayborne and whatever else you ladies put on [Big Grin]

young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wondered this with the arab soap operas and films on TV. The actresses were all whiter than me!
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by young at heart:
I wondered this with the arab soap operas and films on TV. The actresses were all whiter than me!

That's because they all Michael Jackson'd themselves.

Whatever media you're dealing with in the arab world, print or television, all you see is pasty people with no talent (and ghoulish make-up in the women's case), most of them aren't even good looking to begin with.

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have to say the acting is really bad, so wooden!!
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Have to say the acting is really bad, so wooden!!

Hence my cryptic and ambiguous mention of 'no talent'.
Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
no talent can be different from wooden!
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

quote:
no talent can be different from wooden!

I agree it is obvious that they try too hard and it is a put off. A perfect example is Haifa Wehbe in the Pepsi commercial. She uses her sexual appeal to such an extent that it detracts from the purpose of the commercial. Ok, women use their ass but to zoom in like that is just cheesy. A woman could look very sexy and yet deliver the message. I mean most people are self conscious but when you’re self conscious on TV then you’re just not good at what you're doing.
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

I just want to add that Britney Spears makes me want to drink Pepsi. Ms.Wehbe distracts me with her ass [Razz]

And Britney is a billion times prettier than Haifa

[Razz]

soma
Member # 12876

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for soma   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank god we didn't have sexual or naked stuff as westren commercal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 88 | From: cairo | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now I think Britney is utter trash. Lowest of the low. How about Jennifer Garner as all-American?
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin - Bokra Fil Mish Mish:
Now I think Britney is utter trash. Lowest of the low. How about Jennifer Garner as all-American?

She definitely slipped but I have a soft spot for her. It went downhill after K-Fed(and i think he played a huge roll) and I wish her the best. I believe she will turn it around and become once again the beautiful vibrant person she was only few years ago.

She's a nice person and even with her divorce she did not contest anything. She hooked up with # 1 trash in the world Paris Hilton and it was the gutter after that.

I love my underdogs [Big Grin]

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sobriquet:
I just want to add that Britney Spears makes me want to drink Pepsi. Ms.Wehbe distracts me with her ass [Razz]

And Britney is a billion times prettier than Haifa

[Razz]

is she the one in the commercial with Christina aguilera?
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barnacle Bill
Member # 12656

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barnacle Bill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh God the acting
slapstick,wooden, exaggerated,really desperate acting!!
Don't these people ever watch any real actor's doing their thing? Take a Strasbourg class or something.

and what about the WIGS!!!!!!!!!!

nobody mentioned the men's wigs
[Big Grin]

Posts: 586 | From: Styx | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

And what's with all of the older men actors with the young girls, like 20-25+ years younger, what a laugh. [Big Grin]
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to say that I have a$$ and I love it. [Big Grin]
Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for henita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Karah_Mia:
I would like to say that I have a$$ and I love it. [Big Grin]

Me too!!! [Big Grin] [Wink] [Big Grin]
Posts: 1339 | From: Om Leito | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry's Sandra
Member # 13539

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry's Sandra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sashyra88:
quote:

While i totally agree on the extremely made up faces,senseless since most of this girls are naturaly beautiful,the ass thing i dont believe they can help it.Is the same with us Latinos.That is our natural body structure and no matter if one is slim or heavier the asses are naturally big.
Example:Jennifer Lopez
[Wink]

Hey Sashyra, as Asian we maybe blessed as being slim and curvy, but I personally envy the Latinos heavy nice butt, sooooo sexy. See, God is just so fair by not giving anyone everything [Smile]
Posts: 53 | From: somewhere | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

all women have some beauty, that's the truth.
each type of woman is gifted with something that makes them beautiful (Latinas = nice curvaceous bodies and pretty caramel skin, Arabs = beautiful eyes and full lips, western/white = soft athletic bodies with (usually) straight silky hair, black women = beautiful soft skin and curves galore, asian women = tiny compact figures with beautiful hair and skin, etc.).

I say be proud of who you are and always appreciate what you have. [Smile]

newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
I have also wondered why the commercials never seem to have any people that actually LOOK Arab.

It's not just Arabic commercials that don't have people who look like natural natives of the area...in S. East Asia they used to deliberately choose people who were of mixed race and had one western parent for the commercials, as they were deemed to be more attractive!
Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
quote:
each type of woman is gifted with something that makes them beautiful (Latinas = nice curvaceous bodies and pretty caramel skin, Arabs = beautiful eyes and full lips, western/white = soft athletic bodies with (usually) straight silky hair, black women = beautiful soft skin and curves galore, asian women = tiny compact figures with beautiful hair and skin, etc.).

That is totally true,Smuckers.I usually find Arab people`s lips soooooo sexy!Both men and women have lips to die for.I have yet to see an Egyptian man with lips that are not like that! [Wink]
seabreeze
Member # 10289

their eyes stun me [Wink]
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Gosh, Smuck, what a beautiful description of what we have...beautiful. Hope little Leila is doing good (Inshallah). [Smile]
Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shalik
Member # 13681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for shalik   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
doesnt amtter what race u are its not in any ones" genes to have big asses sorry but latinos just show it off more most of yall really dont have one yall just choose to show it more thatn other races

--------------------
shalik

Posts: 76 | From: texas | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by shalik:
doesnt amtter what race u are its not in any ones" genes to have big asses sorry but latinos just show it off more most of yall really dont have one yall just choose to show it more thatn other races

Latinos don`t show it off more,it`s just there!
[Big Grin] [Wink] [Big Grin]

seabreeze
Member # 10289

I agree they really do have it more, the bad thing is after childbirth, it tends to expand and take on a life of its own...enjoy it while you've got it. [Wink]
[Razz]

shalik
Member # 13681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for shalik   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there is not a gen for a big ass i see plenty of white women with curves just as mexican girls its just associated more with mexicans and if ur mexican dont say your latino!!! be proud of being a mexican

--------------------
shalik

Posts: 76 | From: texas | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shalik
Member # 13681

Rate Member
being curvy doesnt have a damn thing to do with ur race coloring yes but not ur body type thats all from ur momma and white women prolly have more curves and better looking ones but in our culture thats not attractive! to be skinny is. and the ones with curves arent going to show it off like a latin girl would so curves are just associated more with ur culture thats just what u think honey not whats is true

--------------------
shalik

seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:
there is not a gen for a big ass i see plenty of white women with curves just as mexican girls its just associated more with mexicans and if ur mexican dont say your latino!!! be proud of being a mexican

Some of us aren't Mexican but are hyphenated Americans or are mixed with Mexican and something else, hence why we say Latina/Latino. [Wink] Of course there is no generalization for the big caboos - we are speaking generally. [Razz]
shalik
Member # 13681

Rate Member
if ur half mexican just say mexican you wouldnt say half latino or say checano, checano means half white-half mexican or just mixed mexican be proud of that ****!

--------------------
shalik

cbrbddd
Member # 3891

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbrbddd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't think anyone used the term Chicano anymore . . . and I live in Texas too.

I am used to the hyphenated terms but I think some ppl don't like those either. So if you want Latina/Latino, I'll have to start working on that one. We have ppl from some many different places around here that you have to think about what you call someone [Wink]

--------------------
I fell in to a burning ring of fire . . .

Posts: 895 | From: NorthTexas, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sumbula2
Member # 11665

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sumbula2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
if ur half mexican just say mexican you wouldnt say half latino or say checano, checano means half white-half mexican or just mixed mexican be proud of that ****!

Chicano doesnt meant half white-half mexican. It means alot of things, but not that. And yeah, I don't hear that many people saying chicano anymore because theres this militia type stigmatism with it. But I want to school with a girl who was Chicana, and it wasnt about being embarassed about being mexican. Anyways, back to the topic...

1. I hate Arabic music videos. All the girls have that massive black eyeshadow all over their eyes, and those scary eyebrows, and such dark lip color... and I hate how they're dressed, its all horrible. I didn't run into many girls in Egypt who actually looked like that though (thank God)

2. I disagree that this is an arab phenomena. Its everywhere. I see it on indian televisian, paki television, and on telemundo! But those arabic music videos....yuck.

Posts: 140 | From: TX | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tarka
Member # 13644

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tarka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
being curvy doesnt have a damn thing to do with ur race coloring yes but not ur body type thats all from ur momma and white women prolly have more curves and better looking ones but in our culture thats not attractive! to be skinny is. and the ones with curves arent going to show it off like a latin girl would so curves are just associated more with ur culture thats just what u think honey not whats is true

you are so wrong. Of course race has something to do with physique, it is widely known that certain races have certain physical features, we are not (yet) all one big mix, Western women that have big bums are not the type of big sticky outy bums that african and latin women are associated with, when western women have big bums its usually cos they have big everything, not a bum alone, thats the difference. Of course women vary in size and shape, but there are general rules. Its the same with men too.

I cant say ive taken much notice of arab commercials, we dont have them much in the UK, but i saw one once, i think it was dubai tv or something where the woman looked absolutely stunning in here colour coordinated hijab and outfit and i wanted one [Frown]
I know that Iraqi/iranian woman seem to ply on the make up a little too much in my opinion, i always think they look better BEFORE they go to the bridal shop, but each to their own i guess.

Posts: 83 | From: uk | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
<Western women that have big bums are not the type of big sticky outy bums that african and latin women are associated with, when western women have big bums its usually cos they have big everything, not a bum alone, thats the difference.>
This is what Alistair calls "ghetto booty". [Big Grin]
You nailed it! And as a Latino woman i DO know about this [Wink]

shalik
Member # 13681

Rate Member
hhhmm thats weird because all the mexicans i know dont have no ass and they all have broad shoulders! but whatever u say!and yeah black ppl but not latinos! latinos are like european too theres no damn difference maybe south american but not mexicans sorry thats just the truth im around mexican women all the time and its not in there genes most have broad shoulders and man hips , i have a ghetto booty and im white"?? does that make me half black or spanish?

--------------------
shalik

henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
quote:
hhhmm thats weird because all the mexicans i know dont have no ass and they all have broad shoulders! but whatever u say!and yeah black ppl but not latinos! latinos are like european too theres no damn difference maybe south american but not mexicans sorry thats just the truth im around mexican women all the time and its not in there genes most have broad shoulders and man hips , i have a ghetto booty and im white"?? does that make me half black or spanish?

Nonono,sorry.Latinos are not like Europeans.And by Latinos i mean anybody born from Central America to Caribbean islands to South America.Those are Latinos.Most Latino women have a sticking out booty to speak of [Big Grin] .Of course like in everything there are some who don't.One of my best friends is always crying off because she does not have one [Big Grin] and she's as Latino/Caribbean as moi. [Wink]
To make it clearer to undertand i will say that the sticking booty issue in Latinos is more of a trait.Not that all women will have it,but is a predominant trait. [Wink]

yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yazid904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

shalik,
Latinas have alway (as a rule) has a wide 'pompis" (bootay mamita). J Lo is representative of a Latina with the goods but we are a cosmic people therfore not one dimensional!
Shakira is Lebanese/Colombian, Salma is Lebanese/Mexican and the hips don't lie!
Latinas come in all sizes, shapes and colours!
Don't forget the Aztecs and other indigenous groups in Mexico. The true Mexico is "mestizaje".
like most of Latin AMerica.

I want to add that Iran (Persian) and Turkey are not Arab.
All Arabs are not Muslim.
All Muslims are not Arab.

Posts: 1290 | From: usa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by yazid904:
quote:

shalik,
Latinas have alway (as a rule) has a wide 'pompis" (bootay mamita). J Lo is representative of a Latina with the goods but we are a cosmic people therfore not one dimensional!
Shakira is Lebanese/Colombian, Salma is Lebanese/Mexican and the hips don't lie!
Latinas come in all sizes, shapes and colours!
Don't forget the Aztecs and other indigenous groups in Mexico. The true Mexico is "mestizaje".
like most of Latin AMerica.

I want to add that Iran (Persian) and Turkey are not Arab.
All Arabs are not Muslim.
All Muslims are not Arab.

These 3 gorgeous Latina gals you mentioned are living proof of our Latina/booty heritage:JLopez,Shakira and Salma Hayek. [Big Grin] [Razz]
shalik
Member # 13681

Rate Member
OK...UMM..IM HOTT WHO CARES!!!LOL

--------------------
shalik

henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
quote:
OK...UMM..IM HOTT WHO CARES!!!LOL

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yazid904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
shalik,

I could not resist but there is booty and there is bootay!
With Latinas, it is more self evident so they do not have to show it off!
The way how a woman dresses, carries herself also figures into a choice so I may speak about bootay but it is much more than that!

mentiroso, sometimes

Posts: 1290 | From: usa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shalik
Member # 13681

Rate Member
YOU GUYS R IDIOTS..LOL WHAT EVER MAKES U FEEL BETTER.,..LOL

--------------------
shalik

laila007
Member # 13016

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for laila007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Syrian commercials are terrible.
Posts: 31 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Graf_Genn
Member # 11802

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Graf_Genn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bah
Posts: 345 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com